Arhi FF : Destiny Games T5 (New updates in T6) - Page 6

Posted: 4 years ago

Awesome update! I absolutely love this crazy bunch.

Eagerly looking forward to read about Khushi's plans :)

Superb story!! I found it today. This is so awesome!! Lovely part!! ❤️❤️

Dear Abavi,

You have no clue how happy you've made us all by restarting this wonderful piece of literature. I read it all at a go and was stuck with chapters 10.4 and 11. I was super bummed that the links via PM didn't work either but my stalking skills have to be lauded and phew. Here am I. 

Khushi is a class apart. I love her strong fiery nature that keeps Arnav in check every now and then. Payal is super in getting the right hints at every stage. 

NK is a breather, Akash sure can improve his pace a bit. But, the cake is with Anjali. She's a cracker. I love her chirpy nature. She brings so much life to all of them. Cannot wait to read on. Do update 

Cheers 

Welcome back!!! Love the chapter. Hope  Arnav soon realize that Sheetal is not what she looks like it. Can’t wait read more. Btw read the whole FF in one go without any sleep. Lol. Awesome very well written 

Yo buddy! Been two weeks now! All's well? Any chance of an update. Eagerly waiting for the next one! 

Cheers 

Originally posted by raki

Welcome back dear thank u fr continue this story I miss it so much now i love to read this  from start 

Please update dear

Superb story. I read it in one go.. 

Welcome back dear 

Glad yoy are updating the story

Will wait for the update....

That was amazing ... I sooo love the fire in Payal, so bold , beautiful and courageous...sarcastic too... I want Khushi’s plan to succeed, want to see Arnav lose to Khushi. 

From the author's desk: Hello people, here it is, the next update for this chapter. Do read and let me know your views... I read each and every comment, and I am deeply grateful to all of you for all your views.. I still have to reply to your PMs which I shall do as soon as possible.. I am a little short of time as of now...

I am still finding issues with the text formatting, if there are spacing issues, kindly excuse.. Hope the IF team fixes it soon. 

Happy reading!

Chapter 11: Brides of Raizadas

Part 2: Damsel in Shining Armour.

The Raizada siblings, sans the eldest of course, tried to pry the particulars of the plan from Khushi for the next three days, when ever an opportunity presented itself, but in vain. Learning a lesson of two about the stubbornness of her highness, which can rival the one that was sported by their eldest brother, perhaps, a notch higher if not less, they aborted all their attempts to know what the plan was.

Akaash resigned to accept the fact that he will have to resort to Pranayama to keep him calm.

A day before the wedding, however, Khushi came to him and asked if Payal had any one in her family who is supportive of their union. Akaash had then recommended her cousin Suraj, who might be of help.

Taking his contacts, she had left again, not bothering to give him any more information, other than to say that he was right in practicing the breathing exercise.

The morning of the wedding bore signs that this day was not going to be normal.

First of all, NK and Anjali strove hard to contain a very panicky Akaash who was flipping as if he was having kittens all over the place… Even Pranayama didn’t help.

“Okay.. Okay.. calm down Akaash.. today is your weddingwith your sweet heart” He told himself as he checked himself in the mirror forthe hundredth time that morning.

Anjali and NK exchanged glances as they sighed and rolledtheir eyes.. Anjali was counting the seconds with her fingers without any sound…

Before she even reached 10 seconds, Akaash flipped again

“NO, I don’t think I would be able to do this” he pulled out his Shawl and threw it on the bed.

“NOT again” NK hissed and Anjali threw her hands on theair

“Akaash bhai…its not a big deal” Anjali told her brother with a calmness which was new found for her “all you have to do is to follow whatever Khushi has planned and then when the time comes fill Payal’s maang with sindoor and tie the Mangalsutra around her neck”

“Yeah, I know” Akaash said with a dreamy face “and thenshe would be my own… MY WIFE” he turned to face his younger siblings “But how is Khushi going to manage with the elders’ blessings… I don’t understand… “ Hewas thoughtful for a while “Anjali, is it unlucky if I talk to Payal now?”

“NO, it is not… But you would end up speaking to her mother as her mobile is with her mother” Anjali told as a matter of fact"and you will end up being unlucky" she finished as Akaash’s facefell down

“Cool down Akaash” NK muttered as he saw him walking allover the room. He had seldom seen his elder brother like this.

“We haven’t seen him like this for a long long time”Anjali muttered to NK “He must be really tensed about taking the plunge!”

“Yeah, I vaguely remember him like this when he was awaiting his tenth board results…” Nk reminded her

“Yeah, and Arnav was expecting his 12th board results too at that time right?” Anjali exclaimed as she remembered that day “and when Akaash was in all jitters... Bhai was sitting on the couch with some big bar of Toblerone in his hand, his legs up in the table and was coolly watching some football match… “. Anjali was shaking her head in amusement

“Where is he?” NK asked all of a sudden “He can calm down Akaash”

“I don’t know where he went, He is not in his room”Anjali answered NK when Akaash grew more restless.

“WHAT? Arnav is not there? Where did he go suddenly? Let’s cancel all this… I am not getting married”

“Then the evening papers would have news about you getting murdered by Payal” Nk told him “The stakes are high, don’t you think?”

Akaash looked petrified…

“Yes” he gulped. “God! I am a hopeless git”

“That you are” nodded Anjali in amusement.

“Are you all ready?” Khushi opened Akaash’s door and asked them.

“Yeah, we are for almost an hour...”

“What happened to you?” Khushi asked looking at Akaash

“He is a nervous wreck today” Anjali told her

“I feel like I am getting a fever” Akaash complained toher

“Oh thats ok… you will be alright… it happens when youare excited about something…” Khushi told him as she ushered him outside theroom and the other two followed.

“Khushi, at least now tell us the plan” Anjali pleaded

“nothing complicated… We all head to the mandap… “ Khushi said them “while NK stays back to bring the elders to the mandap”

“What? Am I not coming with you?” Nk asked perplexed

“No, I mean not with us. You have two important jobs: One to keep the rest of the family engaged while I smuggle this lot out of the house. Two, conjure up some idea to bring Dadi, Nani, Mama and Mami to the Mandap.”

“How do I do that? what do I tell them?”

“Say something.. say there is a satsang, say that there is a pooja… or you can even say Akaash is secretly getting married. Say anything you want. Your job is to bring them there. You should be ready to start about half an hour after we start. The timing of their entrance to the wedding venue is important. Wait for the signal before you bring them in”

“What is the signal?”

“Anjali’s message. She will message you when it is time.”

“How will I know when to message him”

“I will let you know when it is time” Khushi told her “Is it clear?”

“Yeah somewhat” NK told her looking confused. “Aren’t you telling us what will happen there to bring about the wedding of Akaash andPayal?”

“Not yet, I told you that I want to take advantage of the surprise factor, come let’s get moving… or we are gonna be late”

“But aren’t you gonna change?” Anjali asked Khushi as she noticed her wearing only a cotton kurti and white Patiala, her multi-colored dupatta crossed across her shoulder as usual

“No I am ready” Khushi said as she checked her cross shoulder bag for the invites…

“Shouldn’t we wait for Arnav?” Akaash asked her

“Where did he go now?” Khushi wondered aloud

“No idea… He is not there in his room… “Anjali told her“He left his mobile here too”

“We need to wait until Bhai returns back”

“I think your BHAI chickened out today… we are by ourselves…” Khushi told  the worried lot.

“What the?”

Khushi turned to look at Arnav who was back from his jog.

“How dare you” Arnav said as he gritted his teeth at Khushi

Khushi was first stunned to find him there and not to mention his drenched self, he did look exceedingly scrumptious in that state.Then she cleared her throat as she saw him charging towards her with his clenched jaw.

“You went for a jog when your Brother’s love life is atstake? How can you be so irresponsible?”

“You don’t have to tell me what to do” Arnav told her asthe others interrupted both of their silly fight for the greater good.

As Arnav left to get ready, Khushi discharged NK for whathe was supposed to do.

“NK,now distract the family as I ship these lot out of the house…” Khushi told him

“Why? They would not mind if we are going out… we are not prisoners here” Anjali told her

“Oh yeah. They are not going to mind when they very well know that today is Payal’s wedding and you are all conveniently in traditional wear… they are not too stupid… they will easily put two and two together- theyare at least going think that…”

“We are all going to attend the wedding…and try stopping it for Akaash’s sake” Anjali finished for her

“yes” Khushi affirmed.

“Ok” NK said as he went down “What do I say about my own Kurta?”

“Spin something… aren’t you all so expert in doing that?”Khushi called out after him as the rest of the three rolled their eyes at her“and hey, warn us if anything is amiss”

Arnav was out of his room in 10 minutes. He was in his usual attire, today he donned his crisp white shirt, the sleeves of which was folded until his elbows as usual and his black pants and Black tuxedo made him look as professional as ever. He found the group hovering around in the first floor where he had left them moments before.

“I thought, I asked you all to wait in the car” He told as he came down. Khushi who was peeping down and was in the process of hitting her palm on her head heard his voice and turned back to look at him.

“We are waiting for our signal to come” Khushi said asthey heard yet another song sung by NK

“Ruk Ruk Ruk.. arrey baba ruk… Oh my darling… give me a look” Nk sang loudly

“What the hell is happening down?” Arnav asked them all

“NK is wooing Dadi in the hall” Anjali updated him,giggling.

“What?” Arnav’s expression invited giggles from Khushi as well, but she successfully swallowed it.

“Khushi asked him to divert the others in the family sothat we can go out unnoticed… I think NK is trying to do that… but I don’t knowwhy he is singing those songs to her”

“What crap” Arnav said as he crossed them. “Why should wedivert them?”

“What would they think if all them go down in their traditional best. Our plans would be out…”

“whatever… I give you all exactly 15 mins to come to the car, if you don’t make it… I am not going to wait…”

“What? Is this your favorite dialogue?” Khushi called after him “What will you do without the groom? How will you get them married if Akaash is not there?”

“It was you who said that you will get them married this morning. not me…”

“So you mean to say that you are not in the plan?”

“I clearly remember that I said I am out of this”

“Is there actually a plan?” Anjali’s softly muttered toAkaash who grimaced.

“Anjali, I feel sick.” Akaash said clutching his stomach sitting down on the couch. Anjali stood by her brother sympathetically patting him on his shoulder.

“What difference is it going to make if there is actually a plan kiddo” Arnav told his sister “Her plan is anyway not going to work.”

“How dare you. As if you have a better plan…” Khushi went towards him pointing her finger at his face which he grabbed and took it down as she winced

“I do have a practical one. I have already told Payal to walk out of the wedding announcing that she is not interested in front of theentire crowd, I am just going there to bring her home. I don’t think Akaash is required for that, Besides, The Assistant commissioner is going to back us up if the Sharmas try anything sinister”

“Oh.. You think Dadiji would accept her?”

“Dadi will come around and Payal is ready to face ituntil then… I am sure Akaash is also ready to face it” Arnav said as he glanced at his brother “What happened to him?”

“Nerves” Anjali informed.

“Whatever. I am giving you all 10 minutes until you reachthe car..” he said as he turned back and went down…

“Nahin Nahin, Abhi Nahin Abhi Karo Intezaar” NK’s singsong voice floated to them.

Before Arnav could react to NK dancing in front of Dadi with an imaginary guitar in his hand… Khushi dashed forward and pulled him aside… the suddenness of her pull made him lose his balance and he ended up being thrown up against her on the wall, trapping her between him and the wall…Luckily they were out of view from the ground floor audience. But they weren’t so lucky for they were in full view of Akaash and Anjali who were still watching them.

Akaash momentarily forget about the butterflies in his stomach. Anjali’s eyes resembled two big saucers.

For a moment, the time stopped for Arnav and Khushi as they we encapsulated yet again by the familiar scent of each other, the onethat was so very familiar, yet so bizarre...a scent so used to yet so fresh andnew… Khushi was the one who got out of the trance first.

“Wait” she hissed at him partly trying to shove away his weight off her.

“What the” he gritted his teeth as he tried to regain hisbalance…

Then there were a couple of old hindi songs, which again hinted them not to come down…

“What is he doing? Performing chitrahaar with Dadi.. I asked him to divert them so that we can go out... here he is singing songs… asking us not to come…”Khushi muttered

“that’s because your idea is stupid!” Arnav said as hefreed himself from her and turned and directly went down... Khushi and others watched him go down with open mouthed expressions…

“He is going to give us away” Khushi muttered angrily.

With bated breath they all heard him exchange some pleasantries with his dadi and nani and then tell them that he was going out

“That khadoos won’t even help…” Khushi kept muttering… “Ok,I don’t think this way will work, Switch to plan B” She said climbing us the stairs.

“Akaash, Anjali, Its time for you to try Payal’s windows to climb down”

“Are you kidding?I am in a lehenga choli” Anjali hissed at her and then her eyes grew wide as she saw Khushi’s insane face expressions “You are not serious are you?” sheasked in a surprised tone as Akaash too blinked at Khushi…

“No..No..this is not happening…” Akaash moved backwards…

“It’s not that difficult Akaash, think again” Khushi toldhim with a wicked smile..

A few minutes later, Khushi walked down to see NK stilltrying to divert Nani, Mami and Dadi in his poetical way… and informed them that she is going out for some work. A little while later, they heard Arnav’scar drive out of the gates and Nk was utterly confused as he kept looking towards the first floor and scratched his head about how Akaash and Anjali managed to leave the house

“That was close… I mean, never in my life, did I think that I would climb down a window and go get married” Akaash kept mumbling…

“You are never going to forget this day ever in your life Akaash” Anjali let out a excited laughter… “I never thought your wedding would be this adventurous… This is the first time ever, the groom's siblings too eloped for a groom's wedding!”

“Stupid and crazy” Arnav muttered from the driver’s seat

“what is stupid?” Khushi was quick to retort

“This whole idea… who asked you all to get dressed like this? And Akaash… climbing down the window with a Sherwani… It is definitely crazy…it was your idea isn’t it?” he asked Khushi

"So what if it is?"

"Thank God he didn't climb down with a pagdi on his head"

"Pagdi... I forgot my pagdi" Akaash hit his palm on his head

"you can still get married" Khushi assured him

"May be Vinod will let you borrow his" Anjali quipped teasingly. 

"He can still get married if he was dressed sensibly" Arnav commented "It was stupid trying to climb down there in that stuff"

“Just because you don’t know how to dress for a wedding,don’t call others stupid…”

The other two rolled their eyes. These two were into one of their famous banters…

“Not today” Akaash muttered but it went unnoticed.

“I don’t wear traditional outfits… I don’t like them... I am not comfortable in it” Arnav snapped at Khushi. Anjali raised her eyebrows in surprise. Why is her brother justifying his dressing style to Khushi?

“It’s not about what you think about traditional outfits...it’s about what he thinks about it because it is his day…” Khushi told him.

“If you had let him do how he thinks he should do., I don’t think he would have acted this stupid”

Akaash was so shocked that he looked from his brother to Khushi and back- why are they both rolling his head for the sake of proving why he is stupid…

“If he acted stupid it is not because of my idea... it is because he is your brother…” Khushi spat out suddenly

Three what the’s came out simulataneously…

“Stupidity ought to be in your blood… but luckily the others didn’t inherit as much as you have …” Khushi told angrily pointing to Arnav.

The car stopped with a jerk throwing the unwary inmates a little to the front.

“OUT” Arnav shouted at Khushi

“What?” Khushi started to speak...

“I SAID GET OUT”

Khushi was shocked.. “You can’t ask me to get out like this… What about the plan “

“I very well can… and in fact I just did it… OUT”

“Bhai…”

Anjali and Akaash started to speak at the same time.

“If you both open your mouth to support her now, you are welcome to join her” Arnav said as they both shut their mouths.

“Don’t you worry both of you... he is hit with that AAsyndrome again.. He is in his advanced stage…” Khushi told them as she got out of the car…

“Khushi Ji..” Akaash called out as she got out of the car…

“Don’t worry Akaashji… My plans are still intact… we will meet soon” She said as she bent a little and peered into the front seats “and get well soon Mr.Laad governor”

Arnav glared at her before he started the vehicle and sped away with Khushi stranded on the street…

“What to do now? “ she wondered.. “How do I reach the wedding hall in time?”

Arnav, Akaash and Anjali easily got entry into the mandap with the VIP passes that Payal had provided them with. If they were surprised with the smiling welcome that Mr and Mrs Sharma bestowed them with they didn’t show it.

“Arnav… something is fishy.. they seem too pleased isn’tit?” Anjali whispered into her brother’s ear

“You are right Kiddo.. lets see if they can surprise us..or if they are gonna get surprised… “

“Arnav… what are we going to do now?” Akaash asked him asthey got saw Payal coming down the stairs for her varmala.

“Payal wouldn’t carry this wedding forward Akaash, I have already discussed with her on what she needs to do. Don’t panic” Arnav started to say looking around as if to search for someone in the crowd and then impatiently looking at his smart watch.

“Should have beenhere already” he muttered. He flipped his phone to call someone

“Where are you?”

Anjali’s heart skipped. Did her brother actually caredfor Khushi in spite of not being able to stand her company at all?

“….”

“Ok, See you soon”

He slipped his phone into his pocket and ushered the two to a convenient place. Anjali was confused. He was not speaking to Khushi, she was sure of that. The talk looked too casual to be with Khushi. Who was it?

She contemplated if she should ask him.

“Who was it?” Anjali asked suspiciously.

“I had asked for some reinforcements just in case” hesaid

“Should we call Khushi and check if she is OK?”

Arnav shrugged as he sat down.

“She would have chickened out and went home” he said nonchalantly.

Anjali felt disappointed as she sat down.

They were settling down when noticed two me dressed in similar black outfits from head to toe come and stand on either side of them.They also saw Sharad Sharma smiling at them from a distance.

“OH my gosh!” Anjali hissed with fear “they look like bodyguards”

“so this is their plan” Arnav thought as he looked at Payal who was also staring in their direction with worry itched on her face

“Is it only me or does Payal look as if she is uncertain about something?” Akaash asked the other two.

Arnav asked the other two to move away from each other,but they were stopped from moving anywhere by the two men in black.

“Do not make any move, or we will shoot this girl” one ofthem told them in a hoarse whisper as he put a pistol to Anjali’s back. The two brothers were shell shocked.

Payal’s face looked apologetic as she took the varmala which was offered to her. They all watched with helpless anxiety as the Pandit asked Vinod and Payal to exchange the garlands.

As they exchanged garlands… Anjali held Akaash who was controlling himself from breaking down…

“Bhai, do something” Anjali pleaded to Arnav

“Nothing is over until everything is over Anjali… Akaash don’t lose hope… I promised you Payal will be yours…” Arnav told his brother ashe was busily texting someone.

A moment later,Arnav looked up from his phone, looked at the watch yet again and nodded subtlyat Payal.

She smiled back a little and stood facing Vinod as the couple was taken to dais where the fire was lit for the pheres. They heard the pandit ask Vinod to tie the mangalsutra around Payal’s neck.

Then the guests who came to that wedding saw everything happen in a way that they have never witnessed in their life… They were audience to a wedding which could never get more dramatic.

Anjali’s jaws hit the floor as she saw Payal sudden withdraw a penknife from her lehenga and hold it to Vinod’s neck.

“If you touch that mangal sutra… I will kill you” She hissed at him.

A collective gasp escaped from everyone gathered around.

Anjali looked at Arnav with her eyes wide

“Payal…” Her parents hissed at her “what do you think you are doing? Did you forget what we told you a little earlier?”

"You asked her to do that?"

"No. I just asked her to walk out...This masala is her own idea" Arnav told her, paused a bit and then looked back at his sister as if something dawned on him suddenly "or it should be..."

“NAHI!!!”

It was totally Bollywood style as everyone turned to see whose it was…

But Arnav, Akaash or Anjali never had to guess... It was Khushi!

"Khushi's idea" Anjali finished for Arnav

“Stop it” She screamed as she came forward… Payal withdrew the knife slowly.

Her parents too looked beyond the crowd to see whose voice it was as Khushi came forward

“How can you do this?” She asked looking directly at the people at the dais… “Please don’t go ahead with this wedding and give back my love to me…”

“Oh alright… I get it” Sharad Sharma said as he looked at Arnav and group... “I know who is the master behind this ridiculous plan…” he said as Arnav raised his eyebrow at Sharad

But Sharad has this smile in his face which looked more cold and calculating.

“So how much were you paid to act like this?” Sharad asked Khushi

“Paid? I am seriously telling you all… I am in love with…”

“Vinod?” Sharad asked her and then turned towards Vinod

“Vinod beta… do you know this girl?”

“No Uncle.. I haven’t even seen her in life…”

“I know beta… But I am sure there are pics of you both together in her kitty.. isn’t it little girl?” Sharad asked Khushi mockingly

“What is she doing?” Anjali asked her brothers. While Akaash shook his head in a bemused way, Arnav rolled his eyes...

“Drama queen… what else can she do... Drama!... All this crap works out only in Bollywood... Such a stupid plan”

“Seriously, did she think she can get away with this drama?” Anjali muttered “What if Vinod said Ok let’s get married if you love me.. She will be in soup” Anjali mumbled

“Serves her good for her stupid plan!” Arnav told her, he never thought of this angle and he stared right back at Khushi. “Such a lousy one” he muttered under his breath. 

But Khushi was totally in her element.

“What pics? I don’t have any pics of this pig face… why I wouldn’t even consider him worthy of gawking, let alone being in love with him…” Khushi told with a poker face confusing everyone around…

“But if you don’t love the groom, then why do you want tostop this wedding?” one of the elders in the crowd asked her

“Because I love the bride” Khushi answered backdramatically, throwing everyone there in stunned surprise. Even Payal was taken aback when she heard this.

“What the” Arnav muttered. Anjali’s eyes became saucers with surprise

“What bakwaas is this?” Sharad asked Khushi

“Yes Uncle, I am in love with your daughter… She promised me the moon, the stars and everything beyond it... We even agreed to get married and now you force her to marry a man? How could you do this uncle… how could you do this…” with drama in full swing, everyone stared at Khushi not knowing what to say …

Khushi then threw a soppy look at Payal and grinned at her. Payal choked.

"Khushi?" she called out tentatively

“How could you do this… to our love… our forever love… youeven agreed to elope with me... so that we can get married and live our own life… peacefully. But then, you decided to ditch me listening to your parents…How can you do this to me? to our love... all those star gazing nights... all those sweet coated words of love and promises of togetherness... were they all a lie?is this all you can do for me and our love...” Khushi built up the scene

Arnav exchanged glances with Akaash and Anjali both of whom looked equally bemused and shocked with Khushi's audacity

"You all don’t believe me isn’t it?" Khushi asked the crowd… "Even she knows how much we love each other..."Khushi told as she pulled Anjali to the front and Payal blinked at Anjali as gulped.

"Anjali?" Arnav muttered

Anjali turned to look at her brothers

"I swear I don’t know where she is heading" she hushed back at them...

Khushi saw Arnav throwing daggers at her... and then winked... making him gulp at the suddenness of the move

"Don’t you?" Khushi asked Anjali "Don’t be scared of your brother… tell them all the truth... about my sad love story"

"hmm... yeah.. I think so" Anjali strutted...

"Did you all listen?" Khushi turned to the audience to continue her drama...

"Uncle, Aunty... won’t you all stop this wedding...If I were your daughter, would you have let this injustice happen to my poor heart and love?"

"Payal" Khushi called out again "Tell me... don’t you love me anymore... How can you marry a Man? a man after all?"

Arnav muttered "unbelievable" when he recovered from the wink and rolled his eyes at Akaash who hid his laughter with a cough.

“uh.. urm.. eh..” it was one of the rare situations when Payal was also silenced with shock. She strutted.

Arnav was so engrossed in the drama that when Anjali clutched him, he was almost sure that she was feeling giddy but then he noticed she was doubled up with laughter

“Trust her to come up with something like this…” Anjali told amidst her laughter.

“What? Are you a...a...I mean.. you are a les?” Vinod asked Payal going two steps backwards

Payal blinked back at Vinod in amusement

“Why? is it a problem for you?” Khushi asked Vinod as she jumped into the dais and charged towards Vinod

Vinod was too shcoked to answer. 

“She is my love and she will marry me” she said as she put her hand on Payal’s hip and pulled Payal towards her 

A flock of reporters who were present in the audience were capturing this juicy drama for their evening relay. The audience were fresh with gossip. The Raizadas were totally floored, and The Sharmas, dumbstuck…

“Do something..” Mrs Sharma hissed at her husband as she noticed the khatri’s showing faces

“Stop this bakwaas…” Sharad was hyper tensed. “Vinod beta, this is all drama… My daughter isn’t..”

“No uncle, you cheated me… I said I am ok with marrying Payal because I thought she was straight… where did this come from…” Vinod asked Sharad

“She is not…” Sharad tried tell Vinod and his parents.

“She loves me” Khushi emphasized her stand and her grip on Payal tightened. “Don’t you? tell the world the truth…”

Payal could only smirk at the situation as she saw her parents panicking at the situation

“I love you Khushi” Payal told Khushi with a wicked smile, Khushi herself beamed at Payal in triumph. 

"I am so proud of you Payalia!" she said throwing a flying kiss.

“What?” Susheela screamed “Ram ram…”  

“You bring any one, Vinod, Ram… Anyone.. But Payal loves me!” Khushi said and then reinforced her message with a kiss on her cheek.

“Don’t lie” Sharad shouted at his daughter “is this one of your crazy plans?”

Suraj, who was Payal’s cousin came forward to his Uncle.

“Chacha, there is only one way to control the damage.” He whispered, gesturing towards Akaash “Get Payal to accept that she is in love with Akaash”

“It’s ok if you don’t want to accept me as your bahu. But let us live. We shall go far away from here…” Khushi started to say, Anjali almost double with laughter. She sat down, unable to contain the mirth…

Sharad looked uneasily at Akaash

“The reporters are here” Suraj emphasized. “Chachi, tellhim”

“Now stop this nonsense” he said pushing down one of the cameras. “Stop capturing” 

But the reporters weren’t going to listen

Susheela took a look at all the guests who were gossiping about this, the reporters capturing the pics or recording the happenings. She nodded at her husband and Sharad determinedly walked towards bemused Akaash.

“Come with me” he said dragging him to the front.

“This girl’s a liar” Sharad told the crowd “and I will prove that.”

“Who are you in love with? With him or with her?” he asked Payal.

“Me” Said Khushi defiantly with her hands on her hips.

“Tell them the truth Akaash.. don’t you love her… Tell them all... tell them. Please” Sharad’s voice was almost pleading. 

“Yes Uncle, I and Payal are very much in love…” Akaash confirmed it much to Sharad’s relief.

“Enough?” Sharad asked the reporters.

“Your daughter isn’t saying anything” One of the reporters pointed out.

“Yes, I am in love with Akash” Payal told them all. "Khushi here is a friend. She had to do this drama to get us together.”

The murmur in the crowd grew higher, the guests plunging themselves into gossips and opinions

"Payal loves some one else?"

“He would take love based movies, but won’t support his own daughter’s love?”

“Hypocrite”

“Shameless people”

“Raizada and Sharma?”

“Didn’t she say Raizada? The Raizada constructions owner? For what reason did he not agree?”

A Sharad looked angrily at Khushi.

But she gave a damn about it. She went to Vinod. “Sorry bhai. Better luck next time. But next time if the girl loves someone else,Don’t force you on her, Will save you from such embarrassments” she said as sheremoved his Pagdi from his head. “Akaash forgot his at home, you won’t mind ifhe uses yours?”

Vinod stared at her, taking in her audacity.

“We would need the Varmala too” she said snatching itfrom his hand. “You can go sit down somewhere.” She commented as she went toAkaash with both

“It’s time, Signal NK” Khushi told Anjali in muffled tones as she fixed the Pagdi on Akaash’s head and forced the varmala into Akaash’s hands, fussed around him a bit as if to make sure he looked like a groom and then steered him near Payal.

“Pandit ji… start the mantras…The muhurth will slip by otherwise.” she instructed the pandit as the Sharmas looked at her baffled as the real reason behind the drama slowly sank into them.

“You cheat.. you dramabeez… How dare you get ahead withthis wedding?” Susheela started to say gritting her teeth at Khushi.

“What the hell is happening?” Sharad bellowed. “Stop it..Stop this moment”

“Chacha, reporters” Suraj muttered

“I don’t care” Sharad yelled at him.

“Uncle ji, please understand” Khushi advised him “They both love each other, Devimaiyya has planned their destinies together, who are we to go against the destiny?"

“Shut up you little tyke” Sharad screamed at her “I don’t want this wedding to happen”

“Khushi! I don’t want this wedding to happen either”Akaash told her.

“Akaash” Payal gasped “Did you get hit on the head or something?”

“Payal, but how can we marry now? Dadi and Nani… they arenot here…”

Payal looked up at the sky exasperatedly “GOD! He is incorrigible”

“We are here” NK shouted with gusto above the din of the crowded hall.

Arnav who almost nonchalantly watching the proceeding sturned to see the source of the voice. NK stood a little further from the entrance, proudly escorting a shocked and fuming Dadi, upset Nani, and somewhat confused looking Mama and Mami. He had to appreciate NK’s guts to give such an announcement in spite of standing next Dadi who looked livid with rage.

Anjali cowered behind Arnav. “Dadi is going to blow up her head anytime now. Hide me bhai”

Arnav looked at Dadi and she was looking madly angry and her focus was on Khushi. But the damsel in question stood there taking it all head on!

To be continued

So what do you think? Will Khushi be able to convince both the sides and get Akaash and Payal married? Stay tuned to know more. And keep the comments coming, it encourages me so much!

From the author's desk: Hello people, Thanks so much for those amazing comments and encouraging words!

Edited by abavi - 4 years ago