Views

Users

Frequent Posters

coolie001 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 5 years ago

Banner Credit: dv19❤️

8. Recognition

NK grinned in delight. Oh, what fun! When Khushi told about Arnav yesterday, he didn't think it would have been Arnav Singh Raizada, not even for a split second. Well, what are the odds, right? But man, he was as sure as clear water, the instant he saw him today. His aura showed a trapped prowess. Who could have forgotten the man who paid 50K $ in a blink for a painting? Well, NK was at the Gallery that day and he saw this glorious young man give all the money for child education auction. Maybe, Mr. Raizada doesn't recognize him. But the funniest part is, this man had not told Khushi that he was the head of AR, ruling in all his might.

He did think he shall have his taste of fun before bringing the elephant trapped in the room into focus. He watched Arnav gape at him like a fish. No words. After a minute or so, he finally said.

"Did we meet?" he looked straight into NK's eyes.

"Well, not really, but I've known you for quite a long time now! You bought a painting in Albacete if you recall," NK sipped in beer watching the fire sparkle off into the air.

"Child fund, right!" Arnav recollected his trip to Albacete.

"I haven't told her," Arnav pointed with a straight, don't you dare' kind of tone.

"I noticed," NK quipped.

He sighed as he slouched down as he rested his arms on his knees gazing ahead.

"I would appreciate if you not tell her," NK heard his still stern, but a little request hidden in his voice.

"I am not lying to my friend, man. Give me one good reason," NK spoke equal sternness showing up in his tone.

"Well, I kind of met her for few hours and that's all," Arnav said not feeling comfortable at the conversation.

"That's lousy, you told her YOU WORK AT AR?" NK looked at him sharply.

"I didn't lie," Arnav looked straight ahead.

NK sighed "Well, look, I don't know if you notice or not, but you gotta accept that you guys are sorta attracted to each other, and you can't start anything on the basis of a lie," NK said as calm as he can. "Also, I am not asking you to share your personal shit right away that takes time, but your basic existence is to be recognized Mr. Raizada, or it would be a disaster" NK completed.

Arnav didn't speak anything afterwards. Yeah, he was right but what if she doesn't like him.

"Have you thought what if she spoke to Angela or even worse googled you, caveman," NK smirked at him, right at the bull's eye he thought.

Yes, he never thought of that option. What the hell, how had he not thought about all this. His logical mind has been blurred with all the emotions. Well, get a grip. Tell her.

"This isn't a business deal, Mr. Raizada! And I don't know if you are a Casanova type" NK said slowly letting the words sink, "but that girl there is a fighter, she'll go for your shins straight if you mess up," NK gave a smug face.

Arnav so wanted to punch this guy with a smug look, right in his face to even speak to him like that. But who was he kidding, NK was right. Arnav also tried to recollect his trip to Albacete, but he doesn't remember NK. Well, more importantly, he needs to speak to Khushi. He got up to leave and stopped for a second to say thanks, but his ego was a little boasted right now. Later, he thought. He kind of liked this guy but that he wouldn't let show, obviously.

He watched Khushi speaking to someone at the food table. She saw him walk towards her and quickly glanced away trying her best to comically converse with a girl. Nevertheless, he reached till her and asked if he could talk to her for a second. He took her a little away from prying ears.

"Well, I...I need to talk to you regarding something," he said trying to muster up strength and chanting he did nothing wrong, so she wouldn't run away.

"Yes?" she said as she looked at him expectantly.

"I wanted you to know that I don't work at AR," he said and looked at her eyebrows crunch "I mean, I work but I am the boss" her face still confused "I am Arnav Singh Raizada, the hot boss your friend spoke about? he said although a little awkward but that was the best thing he could come up with. He watched her eyes go around like tennis balls and then she coughed, uh-huh.

"Ar...*cough* *Cough*

"Wait up, I'll get you some water," with that he ran to fetch some water.

Khushi was shocked. She was kind of hurt when she heard him say that he was leaving. Of course, that was something she knew she was anticipating but not ready to accept perhaps. The handsome guy whom she met yesterday was standing in front of her and telling that he was the boss of a multi billion company. How does one respond to that? She wasn't able to think straight. She had to compose herself with controlling her breath. He was staring at her oh so worriedly. How can a man with so many achievements look so lost and vulnerable? For one thing she knew this wasn't going to work the way she presumed. Probably it's a random meet that she should forget never happened. But why did he readily accept coming along to the dinner? Oh, that explains the discomfort when she asked him to come on her moped. She felt so stupid. Well, everything seems confusing. So, she could think of only safe thing to say,

"Okay!" she didn't trust herself saying something and regretting later.

Okay? Arnav stood there not knowing what to really say after that. He saw various emotions pass through her expressions but all he heard was okay. He was about to speak to her, when she spoke composing herself,

"Umm...have some food," she was all flushed suddenly "if you'd like" almost in a whisper. Wow it was as if someone hit him, hard. He never had trouble when people treated him like the big shot, it was fine. But now, he was hurt badly. That is when he realized, oh' damn! This. girl. mattered.

PS: Thanks for your appreciation! Do let me know your views :)

Previous

Next

Edited by coolie001 - 5 years ago
mu12 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I really loved your work 
Amazing 
I would love to see how things progress.  
The place you start this work somehow managed to think about trip season 2 
AparnaChinnu thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Awesome update yar 
So Nk Recognise him...ofcourse ASR's aura is like that...No one will forget easily...
Nk is right...The beginning of a relationship should not begin with a lie...If she found out by herself then she would have felt bad...
I am happy that Arnav directly talked to khushi...
Damn now she is feeling bothered...she is thinking that how come a big shot like him had agreed to come with her...and of course arnav doesn't want that...and she definitely matters to him 
amadea thumbnail
lovely one , happy that Arnav talked with her .please pm me
veds275 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4
I'm so in love with your story. Please please don't ditch it midway. Please don't
coolie001 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: veds275

I'm so in love with your story. Please please don't ditch it midway. Please don't

I shall write till the end😃
ranogill thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Thank god he told her about himself.. No space for mu
shoobie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Glad Arnav himself disclosed his identity to Khushi.  Thanks for the update and pm.
Doc-ere thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
It'll be interesting to know how will both accept each other specially when shyam enter in story... Looking forward for next update...
amimus thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Hi 
It is a very interesting story and would like to know how does the love story between Arnav and Kushi progess.