Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

myviewprem thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 5 years ago

Originally posted by: Bollywoodlaver

did any book say that she was with salim? because I think that part is most definitely fictional!

travellers account books say that salim had fallen for a dancer anarkali 

you can google and check 

but mughal books never say that 

so historians thinks its fictional story 

adithyan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Oh I thought it was pure fictional.

Originally posted by: myviewprem

she was a rakassa 

rakassa means in modern times tawaif like that 

some european travellers have written about anarkali 

William Finch was a Londoner who secured a job with the East India Company. He landed at Surat along with the famous Captain William Hawkins on 24th August 1608. He spent four years in India and wrote extensively about his observations. Finch joined Hawkins in Agra, travelling from Surat, on 14th April 1610. From Agra he went to Biyana to buy indigo for the East India Company. From there he proceeded to Lahore arriving there in February 1611 and it is at Lahore that he heard of the accounts of Anarkali which went into his journal.

William Finch reached Lahore in February 1611 (only eleven years after the supposed death of Anarkali), to sell the indigo he had purchased at Bayana on behalf of the East India Company. His account, written in early seventeenth century English, gives the following information:

In the suburbs of the town, a fair monument for Prince Daniyal and his mother, one of the Akbar's wives, with whom it is said Prince Salim had a liaison. Upon the notice of the affair, King Akbar caused the lady to be enclosed within a wall of his palace, where she died. The King Jahangir, in token of his love, ordered a magnificent tomb of stone to be built in the midst of a walled four-square garden provided with a gate. The body of the tomb, the emperor willed to be wrought in work of gold...

However, it appears that Prince Daniyal's mother died in 1596 as per historical records and not in 1599. So, was Finch correct about the lady's identity? But could Finch have written anything other that what he was told then by others?

Now, let us turn our attention to the other British traveler Edward Terry.

Edward Terry did his M.A. in 1614 and became a Church priest. He came to India to work as chaplain to Sir Thomas Roe. He travelled in India and wrote "Voyage to East India, 1616-19.

Let me quote here excepts from Internet browsing as to alleged observations of Rev. Edward Terry:

QUOTE No.1

Edward Terry who visited a few years after William Finch writes that Akbar had threatened to disinherit Jahangir, for his liaison with Anarkali, the emperor's most beloved wife. But on his death-bed, Akbar repealed it.

Another ambassdor to court says Salim was 19 years old when salim had affair  with anarkali 

Even rajasthani books say salim was in exile in bala fort for a year almost in his eraly 20s that was also may be because of his affair akbar had sent him away on exile from mughal court 

So anarkali existed but mughal documents did not write about it for obious reasonzs 

QueenKordeilia thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
So she isn't with Akbar in this? Like not sleeping with him or bearing his child or anything like that?
myviewprem thumbnail
I am not sure about truth of anarkali 
I only cut copy paste whats on net

pls google salim anarakali truth or fiction etc you will get these details i uploaded 

myviewprem thumbnail

Originally posted by: Bollywoodlaver

did any book say that she was with salim? because I think that part is most definitely fictional!

books of foreign travellers their letter states that salim had affair with anarkali 

how true is that cannot be verified 
QueenKordeilia thumbnail

Originally posted by: myviewprem

I am not sure about truth of anarkali 

I only cut copy paste whats on net

pls google salim anarakali truth or fiction etc you will get these details i uploaded 

Is this in response to me? I wanted to know if she's exclusively Akbar's courtesan in this and having an affair with Salim or if she's just a royal courtesan who can be with Salim.
myviewprem thumbnail

Originally posted by: QueenKordeilia

Is this in response to me? I wanted to know if she's exclusively Akbar's courtesan in this and having an affair with Salim or if she's just a royal courtesan who can be with Salim.

Who knows whats truth? For that someone has to go back to 15th century

Different ppl have written diff stories about salim anarkali 

So no one knows real history 

As far as royal courtesan goes anyone could use her emperor, ministers, nobels or prince

But of course if emperor likes her no others will dare have affairs with her 

And here salim not only fell in love but wanted to marry her which is like blasphemy in those days 

Even today royal prince will not marry tawaifs or bar dancers 

Even aurganzeb was crazy about a courtesan called Hira and even played holi and was ready to drink wine because she told him too

dara sikoh loved a street dancer and even made her his wife

So salim is not unique these mughal princes were a bit crazy in love you can say compared to other ppl they all loved girls whom by society defintion cannot be loved or married by anyone leave alone royal princes. 

But anyways Shah jahan as a father was a very liberal father he allowed his sons to love or marry street dancers and courtesans all controversial alliances. Same with Jehangir aka salim again liberal father allowed his kids to marry anyone even below status girls unlike an Akbar. 

Edited by myviewprem - 5 years ago
QueenKordeilia thumbnail
Okay, so I guess she's not exclusive to anyone in this show but Salim loves her.
myviewprem thumbnail

Originally posted by: QueenKordeilia

Okay, so I guess she's not exclusive to anyone in this show but Salim loves her.

OK on this show you can shes only and only salims no one else can dare claim rights on her 

Another crazy mughal prince lover was Daniyal - he fell in love with a rescured sati widow girl he rescued from funeral pyre

And than he even dared write to akbar that he wants to marry her 

Luckily like Salim-anarkali he was not in agra/lahore etc at that time means he was not staying with Akbar in same palace/fort otherwise one more girl would be dead for daring to love a mughal prince!!!!!!!!!!

So yes many of these mughal princes got some great joy/thrill in defying society and parents 

Anyways all mughal princes knew may be that their fathers cannot kill them even if they defy them or society norms so they boldly did affairs that no society, world or family shall premit even in 21st century forget 15th century 

Mughal princess were no less if you think they were docile and coy not really they could give competition to Salim/daniyal/shah jahan in their love affairs too

Just that since they are girls their love affairs were not publicised much like a salim/shah jahan etc 

Guess the more restrictions society/parents put on kids the more defying they become to do whats forbidden. 

Like forbidden fruit whatevers forbidden is desired more and ppl go to great lengths to get it uncaring for their life/status/position etc anything thats different from their own is more attractive and desirable Edited by myviewprem - 5 years ago