SASSZS thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 5 years ago
No this is not a comparison post. Infact I don't even want to do that. It's just a post to share my thoughts on both two characters. I love their friendship and really wish their friendship is the winner in the end. I had wanted to share some thoughts about both these two character arcs. I'm definitely all up for more Mouli-Nandini scenes in the future, after all is there anything more beautiful than friendship?! A relationship beyond any judgements, the family we get to choose, a pure affection that happens despite not being biologically connected. IMO friendship is the most beautiful relationship ever. Anyways moving onto decoding their characters,

Mouli

Perhaps one of the most relatable character on Indian TV, Mouli is like you and me. She is the kind who is totally a dream woman for men. She is confident, she is bold, she is independent and she is balanced. She is strong willed, she loves with her heart and understands things from others POV. She is not completely perfect which makes her human. And this is why we identify her more as she represents most of us on this forum. I'm sure we are like her in one way or another. She has her own career, she is diligent in her work and doesn't compromise on it. Her success is her own and yet she never stops from being grateful to the people who matters to her. She is angry at Nandini for choosing Rajdeep over her. Yet she has always wished that Nandini is happy somewhere. This is something we all can identify easily. I definitely relate to it because I too had a friend whom I can't be with yet I care for her and pray for her happiness. Mouli, she is definitely a breath of fresh air among our typical bahus on Indian TV. I hope she stays this way and that her character arc never be compromised for more TRPs.

Nandini

Yes Nandini is not a relatable character. But that doesn't mean people like her don't exist. It's not relatable to most of us because we no longer live in a society that is completely unequal to us females. The birth of feminism has opened up more opportunities for us women to feel more empowered and achieve things in our own right. Yes we are not completely there yet. But we certainly have grown from that misogynistic society from the gone era. If Mouli represents the bold and modern women in our society, then Nandini is the other side of the coin; She represents the typical and submissive women in our society. I didn't include education angle because I believe education do not affect behaviour of human beings. There are people who are educated yet are uncivilised and uneducated people who are civilised. In the show it's clear that both Nandini and Mouli are educated. Yet one turned out to be a confident person while the other less confident. Regarding Nandini, there are people with similar behaviour pattern where they endure abuse and do not speak up or stand up for themselves. I believe she is punishing herself by enduring the torture, punishment for not believing Mouli or choosing Rajdeep over Mouli. She think she don't deserve happiness and lets Rajdeep abuse her. This is something I learnt while studying psychology. People with low self esteem always think that they don't deserve anything in life. At times they even feel that they can't get better things in life if they let go of whoever they are with currently. I believe Nandini feelings for Kunal in future will stem from the fact that he will be her friend, her guide to self love and letting her get out of that shell to be back being herself. And I'm sure Mouli will also be her support system during this period. But ofcourse she is clearly not bisexual so that explains falling for Kunal.

I do hope that time gives Nandini the strength to come out stronger and grow. Same time as Mouli will be heartbroken I also wish she doesn't break apart and stand her ground. I hope she will be able to face it and understand that feelings are complex. As for Nandini, I hope she embraces herself and confidently live her life on own terms. I do want her to choose Mouli over Kunal. Because friendship is above anything!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

KuNan thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
truly said

hope they both will meet next week