Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jduke thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 6 years ago
Wow...tow updates in a row :)
I love this green eyed Arnav imagining everything between Aman and Khushi and boiling πŸ˜†
Poor Aman have to give explanation for putting xo xo in e-mail to Khushi :)

What...Arnav at temple? Really...is he praying for separation of Aman - Khushi? or got the vibes and dhak dhaks and walked into temple?
kirti123 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Wow lovely 
Updates 
Thanks for the pm

pakpearl thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Another update ..
πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜›πŸ˜ƒ

Arnav is confused about Aman...
While Aman is happy for Arnav..

Funny situation...

Khushi is habitual of landing in ASR's arms..

Hope to get another update soon !!!!!
shrattila thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4
Hello Everyone

Thank you so much for your likes and wonderful comments. I read each and every one of them and they truly inspire me to write more.

Silent readers, please consider leaving a comment from time to time. It really encourages and motivates us to do our best.

Now onto the next part...

Chapter 37

Down the stairs and into the arms of the devil himself. Khushi blinked. She shut her eyes and barely opened one. That person still looked like Arnav Singh Raizada. She opened both her eyes and looked up at the sun, which was shining directly into them. That convinced her she was hallucinating. Surely, the sun was playing tricks with her eyesight and she wasn't able to clearly see the face of the person who had saved her from falling. Surely, Arnav Singh Raizada, would not be roaming the streets of Lucknow, standing outside a temple. From what she had learnt of him, he was an atheist. Looking at the ground, she hurriedly stood on her feet, easing herself from her saviour's  arms.

"Thank you Bhaiyyaji, she said, looking nowhere in particular.

"Really Khushi?, the voice chuckled, the timbre unmistakeable. "Its been just two days since we've seen each other and you already forgot what I look like?

The statement jolted Khushi and she looked up, the features staring back at her unmistakeably. Clad in a Raisin Black Louis Vuitton three-piece designer suit, aviators perched on his nose bridge, hair neatly gelled, was the face of Arnav Singh Raizada.

"Y..Y..You?, she stammered, not knowing what to say next. 

"Thank you, he replied. 

"Thank you?

"Yes. That's what you tell someone when they save you from falling. Which is what I just did.

"You did?

"Ya, just now, by holding you when you slipped from the stairs. A slow grin started making its way on his face. 

"I slipped? From the stairs?

The grin was now a full fledged chuckle. "Yes, you did. Because you didn't see there was oil spilled on the staircase.

"There was oil spilled on the staircase? She looked lost, rubbing her hair and Arnav was worried that despite her head not hitting the ground, some damage had been done to that part. 

"Are you okay?, he asked genuinely concerned. 

"Am I okay? Yes, I am okay. I am very okay. I am always okay, she mumbled, worrying him even more. 

"Khushi, whats wrong? he asked, panic setting in. Something was wrong.

"Wrong? Nothing is wrong, she mumbled. 

Just then her reverie was broken by a loud shout of Khushi. Turning behind, she saw Aman walking to her with two cups of coffee. 

"Aman! she exclaimed, a genuine smile gracing her lips. "What are you doing here?

"I have no idea, he chuckled. Getting closer to her ears he whispered: "I had a phone call from you-know-who at 2.30 in the morning asking me to take the next flight to Lucknow. And here I am!

Clearing his throat and moving slightly away, he continued: "But its so nice to bump into you here. What are you doing here? The grin that had begun gracing ASR's lips suddenly turned into a frown. Oblivious to that, Aman and Khushi continued their conversation.

"I came to thank my best friend, she replied. 

"Best friend?

"Devi Maiyya.

"Aman, this temple here holds a very special place in my heart. I've shared all my joys and sorrows with Devi Maiyya here and of course, I had to thank her now that my Jiji is finally getting engaged to a really nice guy.

"Engaged?

"Yes, Payal Jiji has found a really nice boy for herself and since I happened to be in Lucknow, Amma and Babuji felt they should hold the engagement ceremony during this week itself. 

Distancing herself from Aman, and turning to address Arnav as well, Khushi suggested: "Why don't you and Arnavji come to the engagement? I'm sure Amma and Babuji will love to meet you again Arnavji, she chirped. "They hold you in very high esteem.

It was then that Aman realized he was still holding Arnav's coffee cup in his hand. 

"Sorry ASR, I got so excited on seeing Khushi that I completely forgot I had your coffee in my hand. 

The frown now turned into a scowl. 

"Bansal, if you are done chit-chatting Ms. Gupta, it would be great if we could actually get some work done. I don't pay my employees to "hang out with each other.

The abrupt change in demeanor didn't go unnoticed by both Aman and Khushi, but as usual, they put it down to ASR's mood swings. 

"Better get going before he decides the florist across the road can replace me at AR, Aman whispered to Khushi. The comment drew a laugh. The laugh angered ASR more. 

Putting his aviators back on, ASR took long strides to his car, while Aman rushed to keep pace with him. 

Seeing a chirpy Khushi go out, and a lost Khushi come home, Shashi felt unsettled. Something was bothering his daughter. But like every other time, she would simply keep it to herself and not share it with the family. Unless Shashi could find a way to cajole her into it. Things were going great for them - the shop was up and running. With the rent obligations reduced, the family was able to thrive again, Khushi had a well-paying job, Payal was going to get married, again, and this time Shashi fervently prayed that the boy would keep his daughter happy. Everything was going well, then what was bothering Khushi?

Khushi was oblivious to the thoughts of her father. Seeing Arnav Singh Raizada at the temple brought back a flurry of memories of the circumstances under which she was forced to leave Lucknow. Of course, thanks to Devi Maiyya, things hadn't turned out as grim as they originally seemed.

However, all of that reminded her that she still had not told her parents about her Milan trip. She remembered Shashi and Garima's reactions when she told them about moving to New Delhi. How would they react when she would tell them that she was going to be away from the country for the next two months? 

On the one hand, she was extremely excited about the trip. The project would be a great opportunity for her to learn about the business she was so fond of and wanted to build a career in. On the other hand, Arnav Singh Raizada scared her. True, he hadn't done anything to harm her so far, but that didn't mean he couldn't. She had seen a glimpse of the ruthless streak in him and she never wished to see that ever again.

Stuck in dilemma, she continued walking around the house, oblivious to the fact that she had already finished eating over a kilo of the jalebis meant for the guests. 

"Khushi, if you continue eating jalebis at this rate, there won't be anything left to serve Akash and his family, Madhumati quipped, breaking Khushi out of her reverie. She had just arrived from New Delhi for her niece's engagement and was busy directing everyone to ensure the ceremony went off without a hitch.

"Sorry Buaji, replied Khushi. And then just like that, grabbed three more to stuff them into her mouth. "Is there something bothering you, Titaliya? she asked, concerned with her behavior. 

"Actually there is.

"What?

"AR Creations wants me to go to Italy to be part of the team handling their Milan expansion. I am required to go in ten days and I cant make up my mind whether I should or shouldn't.

"Did they ask you?

"Not really. I was simply told to join the team in Milan in ten days.

"And what if you say you don't want to.

"I may have to hand in my resignation. I haven't thought about it as yet.

"So what is bothering you about going to Milan?

"I don't know Buaji. It's just that I have never been so far away from all of you'll for so long. I don't know what things will be like. I don't know, she said, frustration evident at her inability to take a decision. 

"Well, the only way to find out is if you go, isn't it Sankadevi? her Buaji gently prodded. "Rishi used to always say visiting countries and experiencing cultures teaches you much more than books. He believed in it too. He was the only one in our family to own a passport and he often jokingly said, one day I will have enough money to travel the world, and then the pages in my passport won't be enough for all the visas I will need!

"He didn't get that opportunity. But you are getting it. Don't lose it. I dont know what it will be like when you are there. But neither will you, if you decide not to go.

"But what about Amma and Babuji?

"I will talk to them. Shashi will never say no to anything that would help you in your career.

And just like that, all her fears vanished into thin air. This was a once in a lifetime opportunity for people like her. And she was sure not going to let it go away. She looked up and thanked her parents for watching out for her. "Keep doing it. I love you!, she said. 

Payal was now an engaged woman. The ceremony was well attended by family and friends. Arnav Singh Raizada did not attend the ceremony. Aman Bansal did. He not just attended, but also helped the Guptas when it came to taking care of the groom's side of the family. He was sweet and charming and soon won the love and respect of everyone in the household. Kids loved their Aman Bhaiyya, aunties adored their Aman beta and young girls were busy trying to grab his attention. After all, Aman Bansal was a very good looking man. 

But what amazed Garima, Shashi and Madhumati the most was the easy camaraderie Khushi shared with Aman. They seemed to compliment each other so well. Aman was always there to help Khushi with all that she had to do for the ceremony, and Khushi, who normally was extremely shy to ask for help, seemed totally at ease with him. 

After the ceremony, when Khushi had gone to bed and the adults were sitting drinking their midnight cup of tea, Madhumati decided to broach the subject.

"The function really went off very well, she began. "Payal's in-laws are very nice people and Akash is such a well-behaved boy. I'm sure our Payaliya will be very happy.

"I agree, Didi, said Garima. "God has been really kind to us. It is so right when they say, all that happens, happens for the good. If Payal's marriage hadn't broken, she would have been stuck with those greedy people for the rest of their life.

"That's true, Madhumati agreed. "And now that Payal is going to get settled, what have you thought about Khushi, Garima?, she asked. 

"What about Khushi? questioned Garima amid a sip of tea. 

"About Khushi's marriage, said Madhumati, just as Shashi was making his way to the sitting area. 

"Why are we talking about Khushi's marriage?, asked Shashi. "That girl is just 24.

"Yes Shashi Babua, that girl is 24. It's high time you start looking for a suitable match for her. 

"Khushi was mentioning that her office is sending her to Milan for the next two months. It would be nice to fix her alliance before she goes.

"But how can I find a good boy for her in 10 days? Shashi questioned, clearly exasperated with the ridiculous demands his sister was making. 

"Why do you need to find a boy when there is one right in front of you?

"What do you mean Jiji?

"Arre Babua, didn't you notice the ease and friendship between Khushi and Aman? Trust and friendship are the two most important pillars of marriage and there was plenty of it between these two. I honestly think Aman has feelings for our Khushi bitiya and I think Khushi bitiya likes Aman as well. They both look so good together. I can't wait to see Khushi bitiya's wedding cards.

"Hold on Jiji, said Shashi, putting a stop to Buaji's overactive imagination. "The only way this is going to happen is if Khushi bitiya agrees to it. So tomorrow morning when Khushi gets up, I will ask her about this. And only, AND ONLY if she says yes, will we go ahead with it. Okay? Now don't stress your overactive imagination and go to bed.

Oblivious to all that was being discussed, Khushi was dreaming of princes and castles and knights in shining armours. 

Chapter 38: https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/4807996?pn=31

Edited by shrattila - 5 years ago
Nilima2016 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Wow lucky her!!πŸ˜‰always Arnav is there to catch her😳
kabhi_asya thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Nice chapter... keep updating
kabhi_asya thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Nice story... keep updating
sbfk thumbnail
Now will this lead Arshi marriage???? ...awesome update yaar 
pravallika thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 4
Lol... bhaji and her overactive mind...
Aman coming to Lucknow all of a sudden, kushi inviting both of them for the engagement, only aman attending that and now buaji has started exhibiting her matchmaking skills..  It looks like now arnav had called aman to Lucknow to pair up kushi and aman πŸ˜†πŸ˜† he dug his own grave πŸ˜†
I'm eagerly waiting to see kushi's reaction to all this pairing up idea... hope she will realise her feelings for arnav now, if she has any...
Thanks for your early updates shruti... thoroughly enjoying the story yaar..
ranogill thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
wow ...will khushi say yes to aman ..and what about Aman