Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Nynaeve thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
Dear Kaushitaki,

I chanced on this, the title and of course the fact that you penned it catching my attention, and now I am not sure what to call it.

It is a narrative in prose but flow like silken poetry. The feelings are harsh, reflective of the gaudy reality, but somewhere echo the pathos of being labelled viciously and shine with possibility. A brave woman who is free with her emotions is called a s**t because the world cannot handle the brilliance of her love and a man who tries to hard to fit into a label is freed by her presence and realises the courage needed to be true. 

Brilliant narrative and if I may add, the siggy was appropriate too - red high heels (an acceptable euphemism for a girl of "lose" morals, and the withered roots of a tree)

Keep writing and keep sharing.

Best,
Nyna

PS - I did hop over to the forum to read the full story of Jigsaw puzzle, I will come back to leave a comment appropriate to that story. 
1987Trisha thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
a very different topic and i must say i loved it..
waiting for your next update..
Do PM me...
Gems.musingsRN thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: fictitious

Sorry for the late response, I had access only to phone yesterday, 

Such a brilliant piece created using very few words! 
I did not just like it. I Lovvved it! 
I'd say not naming the characters worked well here.

This piece so reminded me of a movie in my mother tongue.One that released 30 years ago, but still enjoys a cult status and is one of the finest Malayalam movies ever made. The female lead is a call girl called ' Clara! ' and the hero falls in love with her. They never unite, but Clara remains a beautiful emotion and their love story continues to be a lingering pain, in the heart of every young and old Malayali alive today. 

You are talking about sumalatha in thoovanathumbikal..right?a very apt comparison. 
JeeneKeIshare thumbnail
Beautifully written👏thanks for the PM 😊
Penkie06 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Thank you everyone. 
Subhaa, wow good to hear about the movie. Regional movies at times have beautiful stories to tell, better stories rather than the pan Indian ones. 
Penkie06 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Nynaeve

Dear Kaushitaki,

I chanced on this, the title and of course the fact that you penned it catching my attention, and now I am not sure what to call it.

It is a narrative in prose but flow like silken poetry. The feelings are harsh, reflective of the gaudy reality, but somewhere echo the pathos of being labelled viciously and shine with possibility. A brave woman who is free with her emotions is called a s**t because the world cannot handle the brilliance of her love and a man who tries to hard to fit into a label is freed by her presence and realises the courage needed to be true. 

Brilliant narrative and if I may add, the siggy was appropriate too - red high heels (an acceptable euphemism for a girl of "lose" morals, and the withered roots of a tree)

Keep writing and keep sharing.

Best,
Nyna

PS - I did hop over to the forum to read the full story of Jigsaw puzzle, I will come back to leave a comment appropriate to that story. 

I was dancing only to see that you commented. And after I read it I knew my dance was worth it. Thanks for the review because it made me the happiest in world. You exactly pointed out everything I wanted the readers to take in. And you are a wonderful reader. 
Will wait for the review to TJP. 😊
EmeraldStar thumbnail
Jimmy Jab Games Season 3 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8
Amazing piece 
Penned brilliantly  👏

Meself thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Two words: This Rocks!!

I have rarely come across a piece that flows on without justifications and added back stories. This was one of them and boy!! I loved it. I am looking forward to reading more from you!