Penkie06 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 6 years ago

" Should I love more often now? " , she had winked, while her cherry lips wrecked my soul. I had said nothing. Because she was not my girl. She was a s**t, that's what they said and I knew it meant bad even when I knew not what it meant someday. 

She had taken me into her clutches accidentally, while I drove to a Manali treck myself and not with the troop, and she had needed a lift. And she was hot. 
I was getting married next month. And hence hotness soothed more than ever. She had smoked the entire way up, yet chirping like a bird with a stranger. 
I disliked women though. Not women like a s**t, women in general. Curves were fine, maybe that was all. Women held no place ever, my mom escaped with a f**ker when I was six, and my father lived in since then with a woman who too had escaped a daughter behind. Bloody assholes. 

I was getting married to a thing I had never met. My so called mom chose her for me and I didn't bother. I didn't care to say a no cause why should I? Everyone got married and I was no misfit. 

But definitely, she was. An utter misfit.

When I returned, I knew I was hers. And she was of none. I was not the only man who eyed on her. And she talked to everyone in world without a veil. And that's what they took literally. She smoked, she got drunk, she danced and she went out in the middle of the night, but..she was not a s**t.

Bullshit. They. Them. 

I cancelled my marriage. For the first time I bothered to say something with a stand to my so called parents, though unsure why even. I was not a misfit. Then what?  

I met her days later in the middle of the city, and she hugged me like a long lost friend. And I knew she hugged everyone that way, with passion that was mistaken as lust. And  for me, momentary love. She had ordered ten kinds of stuffs for an evening snack and when we both couldn't gobble up the entire, she happily fed them to canines. As if they were more of a family than...we humans to her. 

I had bid her a goodbye and she had walked without looking back while I turned a thousand times. And I couldn't even tell her, I  was not getting married anymore, cause of her.

And I knew I wasn't the only one. I knew she turned heads and hearts every millisecond. But when she didn't turn her head to them, she turned a s**t. A misfit. 

And I knew now, what women were like, what a woman could be like. And how I can like a woman. Like a lot, like, a lot! 

" Why don't you get a partner? You will be spared of what they say...about you...you know... " 
Men would be men. 

" A partner? But I love so many, I love so much! Should I love less often now!? " 
She had winked. While the world took every word literally, I only smiled. Because I knew she wasn't mine. She was no one's. 

No one could own a misfit. A s**t. No one had the gut to.
Edited by Penfolk - 6 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ROYALRED thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
It was truly amazing true said in our society people around think like that only nice write up keep writing more dear u r so beautiful thanks for pm
MeenuCrazyPanda thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
A very nice way to put it up Kaushi ji.. awesomeπŸ˜ƒ
kavitha_r thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Well written. That is how the society is.
tweetie19 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 12 Thumbnail + 9
What a beautiful write up ! It depicts the mentality of our society so well...πŸ‘πŸΌ
hasi.83 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Good one Kaushi.. πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

shreyj7 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Great one! You portrayed in the best way you can how our society is.πŸ‘
Loved it.
The world is never going to change unless we be the change.
bahubalifan thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

This is beautiful !! Well done Kaushi ji !! πŸ‘πŸ‘
Thanks for the pm πŸ˜†
PriyaKABHI thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Thanks for PM,Dear.😊
It was Awesome.😊
The Whole Part was so Amazingly explained.😊
The way you explained about the thinking was so Nice.😊
Please write like this.😊

PriyaSweety-Anu
fictitious thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Sorry for the late response, I had access only to phone yesterday, 

Such a brilliant piece created using very few words! 
I did not just like it. I Lovvved it! 
I'd say not naming the characters worked well here.

This piece so reminded me of a movie in my mother tongue.One that released 30 years ago, but still enjoys a cult status and is one of the finest Malayalam movies ever made. The female lead is a call girl called ' Clara! ' and the hero falls in love with her. They never unite, but Clara remains a beautiful emotion and their love story continues to be a lingering pain, in the heart of every young and old Malayali alive today. 

There are so many people/section of people stamped as a 'Taboo' , but art and literature are highly capable of changing notions. 

At times all it takes is a proper portrayal to make things likeable. 

Thank you for this, Kaushi! 
Keep travelling the road less travelled!