Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

myviewprem thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 6 years ago

Originally posted by: soapwatcher1

Yes, history had no Nandini and Chandragupta mourned Durdhara's death for years (30?) and married Helena much later whom he fell in love with. The Greek princess was supposedly a very good queen and loved Chandragupta in turn. We knew Ekta was taking liberties with history. But at least she needs to be faithful to her own storyline - if Chandra is mourning Nandini to the extent that he has become almost hermit like, he shouldn't have fathered kids with Helena. Doesn't make sense.

CGM did not mourn Dhurudhara death for many years

He married many princess because he needed their kingdoms support for war against nand

The smaller kings wanted a strong reason to support chankya and CGM too, what better way than marriage alliances to future emperor?

But Bindusar was brought up only by dai ma and maids in Chankya or CGM absence not any wife

You are right there are so many kids of CGm springing up i am confused now

Reminded me of Akbar in JA serial all of a sudden so many children when Salim grew up 

Helena need not have been negative in show 
have a few more wives and make them negative would be better

Edited by myviewprem - 6 years ago
siva06 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: myviewprem

He married many princess because he needed their kingdoms support for war against nand

The smaller kings wanted a strong reason to support chankya and CGM too, what better way than marriage alliances to future emperor?

But Bindusar was brought up only by dai ma and maids in Chankya or CGM absence not any wife

Reminded me of Akbar in JA serial all of a sudden so many children when Salim grew up 

Is the present torture not enough for us?
True in monarchical period, a samrat had so many wives for political reasons and some for their own pleasures
Here we have a fictional story..the makers tried to bring out an epic love story with the fabulous wonderful actors RT and Swetha

Swetha is bold and professional to act in romantic scenes and both give us passionate and lively moments on the screen
But the story line lacked consistency,had so many repetitive tracks and logically poor in many sequences.
So their fantastic rendering go wasted
Till this date, the makers do the same mistakes of giving the haphazard events to the irritation of the audience 
Suddenly there are so many children spurting ...how can a king living in solitary like a monk ?
soapwatcher1 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: myviewprem

I am sure the real Chandragupta married other wives though history does not elaborate on that aspect. His love according to history was Durdhara and years later, Helena.
But in this romanticized show, he has a fictional love, Nandini, and if he loved her so that he has given up his kingdom and roams around like an ascetic, surely a man so madly in love has no business fathering other children. If he has lived as a husband to Helena then this extreme obsession and madness for Nandini is neither logical nor believable. It just doesn't make sense.
siva06 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: soapwatcher1

I am sure the real Chandragupta married other wives though history does not elaborate on that aspect. His love according to history was Durdhara and years later, Helena.
But in this romanticized show, he has a fictional love, Nandini, and if he loved her so that he has given up his kingdom and roams around like an ascetic, surely a man so madly in love has no business fathering other children. If he has lived as a husband to Helena then this extreme obsession and madness for Nandini is neither logical nor believable. It just doesn't make sense.

Psychologically and truly, carrying this much of passion and love for such a long time of 10 years is nothing but farce..this situation is absurd and highly dramatic..but we want fantasy..so this dreamy sequence is very much intriguing and we feel excited to wait for the oncoming events

What happened 2300 years back? no body knows..