Second episode: The stage is set

IntrovertedDame thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 6 years ago
I have to say the second episode was less impactful than the first...but it still set the stage for characters to be introduced  to one another and future plots to unfold, as the entire family goes to Benares for a pooja.

Highlights-

1. The interaction between Vatsalya and his siblings: Vatsalya seems like a really nice lad...I particularly loved how he stood up for his step brother Narottam and his singing scene with his mom. I also liked the first meeting of Anami and Vatsalya..and the appraising glance he gives to his sister. Clearly he feels the connection. They even bond in the precap...but it does seem like Vatsalya is not long for this world. The plan is in motion and Pujan is determined to bump off his nephew. 

2. How sad is it that Narottam is ostracised by his family? Even his dad has no consideration for his feelings. The dance scene brought out his conflict beautifully...seems like he feels like a woman trapped in a man's body. The way his cousin treats him is ðŸ˜¡ I am very interested in where this character will go...somehow I see him and Anami hitting it off well in the future.

3. I honestly laughed at the bit about the kaali parchayi😆 I have heard this phrase being used in many a show before.😆

But yes...Satrupa has given away Anami for a reason and I suppose it has to do something with Vatsalya and how she might endanger her brother's life. Damo the maid feels guilty and confesses to Guruji about seeing Anami but as of now they are keeping everything a secret.

4. Names: I love how the characters are named...the name Narottam which has an ironic tinge to it...Anami, the unnamed and unacknowledged daughter. Vatsalya the recipient of his mother's love. Satrupa who behaves like a satrap and wants power and control at any cost.

5. Cinematography again which was a winner... I loved how they presented the vibrancy of Varanasi.

Expecting more though...and hope the show remains on track and does justice to its potential.
Edited by YeHoKyaRahaHai - 6 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

march2011 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
missed yesterday epi..thks for short review...will watch tonight am hook to this show...damn good one
nakhre_wali thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
So disgraceful the way they treat Narottam! Anami is totally going to be standing up for him like Vatsalya used to - except she'll do it in her own rowdy style I'm guessing. And I look forward to it ðŸ˜†
And ofcourse Narottam knows what it feels like to be denied rights so in Anami's quieter, sadder moments I'm guessing he will empathise with her pain.

It's too cheesy to wish for all three siblings to be in one frame isn't it ðŸ˜† but still it would have been nice. Nevertheless the twins getting their moments to connect is also quite nice. After all their fates are the ones that are kind of linked.

Agree with you on the names and cinematography.

Originally posted by: march2011

missed yesterday epi..thks for short review...will watch tonight am hook to this show...damn good one

Oh, me too! I am hooked just like you ðŸ˜³
-Khush- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Just read the update for the third episode! Ugh it's all pointing towards Vatsal's departure 😔

Alright see I will try to make valid points and not biased ones to why he should stay:

1) he can be the only reason that can move Anaami emotionally to join this family- since he accepted a girl as his sister where her own family shunned her!

2) If he's kept alive in a poor health state and that's why Anaami will agree to take his place for a while, they can have so much of powerplay once when he again gets fit- that would be the REAL test of Satrupa's love for Anaami! 😛

3) With him gone, there will be zero supporters of positivity in this Show other than Narottam ! Sigh

Please Yaar bachao Isko lol

Originally posted by: parul2999

So disgraceful the way they treat Narottam! Anami is totally going to be standing up for him like Vatsalya used to - except she'll do it in her own rowdy style I'm guessing. And I look forward to it ðŸ˜†

And ofcourse Narottam knows what it feels like to be denied rights so in Anami's quieter, sadder moments I'm guessing he will empathise with her pain.

It's too cheesy to wish for all three siblings to be in one frame isn't it ðŸ˜† but still it would have been nice. Nevertheless the twins getting their moments to connect is also quite nice. After all their fates are the ones that are kind of linked.

Agree with you on the names and cinematography.

Loved your comment!

Vatsal was amazing...I didn't expect him to be so sensitive and mature. Despite being the heir, he is rooted...that's commendable.

Ya...at this juncture even I feel that we won't be able to see the three siblings in the same frame!

I am looking forward to seeing the dynamic between Narottam and Anami...makes me wonder if the makers will make it reminiscent of the Draupadi-Shikhandi dynamic from the Mahabharat considering that they are drawing from the epic. 

Originally posted by: -Khush-

Just read the update for the third episode! Ugh it's all pointing towards Vatsal's departure 😔

Alright see I will try to make valid points and not biased ones to why he should stay:

1) he can be the only reason that can move Anaami emotionally to join this family- since he accepted a girl as his sister where her own family shunned her!

2) If he's kept alive in a poor health state and that's why Anaami will agree to take his place for a while, they can have so much of powerplay once when he again gets fit- that would be the REAL test of Satrupa's love for Anaami! 😛

3) With him gone, there will be zero supporters of positivity in this Show other than Narottam ! Sigh

Please Yaar bachao Isko lol

Unfortunately Vatsal's exit was anticipated...I don't remember seeing him in the promo and there was a suggestion of the fact that his death will pave the way for Anami being back.

I do love your suggestions and hope they come to pass! But seems like Anami will be left to fend for herself...but I guess this wild child is more than capable of rattling everyone up...she is a Tsunami as she herself said😆 I am looking forward to seeing how she bonds with Narottam though. Because none of the others are positive ðŸ˜†
nakhre_wali thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: YeHoKyaRahaHai

I am looking forward to seeing the dynamic between Narottam and Anami...makes me wonder if the makers will make it reminiscent of the Draupadi-Shikhandi dynamic from the Mahabharat considering that they are drawing from the epic. 

Wow, another great point YHKRH! I really like how you find these parallels ðŸ˜ƒ

And I keep meaning to say, "Chakravyuh" as the title also seems an intentional choice as that too has Mahabharata connotations...

Originally posted by: parul2999

Wow, another great point YHKRH! I really like how you find these parallels ðŸ˜ƒ

And I keep meaning to say, "Chakravyuh" as the title also seems an intentional choice as that too has Mahabharata connotations...

Thank you😳

BOLD- And high five, I thought the same!