Users

Frequent Posters

Elvish_Hobbit thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 6 years ago

Originally posted by: Alisha306

How are you Elvish? Hope you are fine.
Excellent episode
Elvish, your writing is spectacular. The best I have read ever. You should become a writer I think.
Please continue writing.
Can't wait for the further development of events.
Update asap.
Thank you
Take care.

Hey, Alisha! I'm good. How about you?

Thank you so much! Haha, publishing a book is always a dream but let's see. ;) Aapki duaon ki zaroorat hai.

I will update the next chapter soon. Just working on it at the moment. :)
Elvish_Hobbit thumbnail

Originally posted by: RookeyRookers

How are you Elvish? Hope you are fine.
Excellent episode
Elvish, I am a silent reader but a crazy fan of your ff , can't wait for next epi. Pls. Update it fast and also truely your writing skills should be praised dear . 😉
Thank you
Take care.
]

Hey, thank you so much! Also, welcome to the thread!

Silent readers are the biggest surprises, you know? ;)

Thank you once again,Amrita!  Save
Elvish_Hobbit thumbnail

Originally posted by: sakshi5050

Hi Elvish 
beautiful update dear 
loved the deep love of Ranveer 
Really poor guy Ranveer is he is thinking to live with his one sided love 
beautiful way of writing dear 
I am amazed by your writing
waiting for the next

Thank you, Sakshi!

Ranveer's love is always so lovable, no? He's kind of doomed to live with his one-sided love, or so he thinks. He's going to have real hard time from now on. Everyday. :(

Thank you once again. :)
Elvish_Hobbit thumbnail

Hi, guys! Finally, the chapter. Also, the term Hireath used in the title loosely translates to longing for a home/place you can never return or the home that never was'. Heralding Hiraeth means the overshadowing of the loss of the moments supposed to be lost forever [for Ranveer] in a few days.

Chapter 26: The Heralding Hiraeth

Ranveer went to sleep long after he had overheard the upsetting conversation between his Mota Babuji and Baa. One was entirely about mistrust and betrayal and another remained firm on his faith that Ranveer would indeed never betray the trust put in him. But wasn't he betraying the trust willingly? Ranveer let out a deep sigh as he tossed on the bed, unable to sleep despite the night growing deeper. His mind was already made with no intention from deviating from the path anymore, and thus he decided to have finished his mission before he broke down into pieces. He was already cracking, bleeding, hurting each day and running from the truth like a coward. However, he knew he'd reached the end and there was nowhere he could go anymore either to take the path which pushed Ishani away from him or turn back and let everyone know that he was in love with Ishani. In both the ways he was losing her and her friendship. She would always deem he'd betrayed their friendship by loving her. Ranveer turned aside on the bed once again, watching the curtain of the rain envelop the surrounding, glimmering gold as the light from nearby sparkled upon it.

Wondering about Ishani and their future, their life, and everything that awaited from one month onwards Ranveer felt himself falling into an uneasy slumber, disturbed by unpleasant dreams in which he found himself stuck, shackled by invisible threads spurning him. But deep down he knew they were just the nightmares which would be gone as soon as he opened his eyes. Slowly, sweating and fearing he closed eyes tighter and was fast asleep.

A ringing sound startled Ranveer out of his sleep. He sat up, surprised, wondering if it was his nightmare, until his eyes fell on the phone nearby, flickering with bright colours. The caller had disconnected the call by the time he got up. Ranveer picked up the phone and raised his eyebrows. It was Ishani. He glanced at the right side on his phone, the time being 12.35 at night. Ranveer realized he hadn't been asleep for one hour so far. Yawning, he made to dial her number before his phone rang again.

"Ishani! he breathed out, panicked. "What happened?

"I want to meet you. Right now.

She didn't say anything further and Ranveer knew their spot where she'd want to meet him. The terrace. He quickly walked out of the servant quarters and towards the stairs from the Parekh Mansion, hoping no one noticed him. And at last he stood at the gate of the terrace, panting.

"Ishani, what's wrong?

She turned her head towards him and shook her head. "Come here first.

He did as he stood by her side. The rain had stopped by now, leaving behind gentle slow sprays of the shower that came tumbling down along with the wind. The body of water flowing next to their house was calm with no disturbance causing any stir, and the part of the town on another side lay asleep, yellow lights peeking from the buildings as a hint of the living. Several times the silence was broken by the impatient honking of the vehicles, but they passed soon enough. He looked at Ishani again, finally catching his breath and sat down.

"What was so urgent?

"Chirag!

Ranveer's heart sank. At night, half awake, half asleep, he was hardly ready to listen to what Ishani wanted to talk about Chirag.

"Can't we talk about it yesterday? he said, feigning drowsiness. "I'm already feeling asleep.

"But it's urgent, Ishani said, her voice pleading. "You know, that Chirag came to my room tonight! Can you believe this, Ranveer? My room!

"What! And what did you do?

"I kicked him out of my room, Ishani spoke more proudly.

"Did he say why he'd come?

Ishani clucked her tongue. "After I pestered him enough, he said he needed to see Sharman Bhaiya's room. But why? He never answered.

"Oh! Ranveer appeared thoughtful. Why Chirag wanted to come into Sharman's room and that too via Ishani's? "Ishani, he's gone and don't worry, he said at last.

"But, Ranveer, I don't like this. Whatever is brewing in his mind is beyond me and I want him not tobe roaming in my house like this.

"Ishani, he's gone, alright? Don't take too much trouble. We'll talk over this tomorrow-- He had hardly finished when his phone rang once again. It was Gauri on the other side.

"Ranveer, can you please come here? Her tone was urgent and Ranveer hummed in his answer before disconnecting the call.

"Ishani, he said, looking at her, "You should really not be worrying so much about Chirag. We'll ask him tomorrow why he was here and by the way, he and Sharman know each other already, so it could have something to do with that. Maybe?

Ishani bit her lip. "Are you in hurry?

"Yeah?

"Where are you going?

Ranveer opened his mouth to tell her the truth before Gauri's words came back to him. "Do I have to tell you everything? he spoke, pretending to be annoyed. "Can't you keep your nose out of my business, Ishani?

Ishani glared at him, not offended, and pouted. "Go to hell! she murmured. "I asked you to help me and now you're singing My business!' My business!' song! Go away.

Ranveer laughed at her antics and gave her a long quite look.

"What? Ishani asked and for a moment it felt as if he saw something flicker in her eyes- something he always noticed when their eyes met and his heart raced- and it appeared as though his gaze did something... No, this was impossible, Ranveer told himself and forced himself into reality, and extracted a small flask out of his pocket.

"Nothing, he answered, still smiling to himself, and handed over her the bottle. "This rose water should help you with your eyes. Look what you've made of yourself from crying.

Her anger disappeared and Ishani smiled again. "Thank you, Ranveer! she said. "I swear, no one can take care of me the way you do.

Ishani turned around and left, her mood lighter. Ranveer remained in daze of her words, unable to recover from what she'd just said. "Alright, that's true, he said at last.

Ranveer arrived Gauri's room, hoping to find her in better state than he'd imagined all the way from home, only to get surprised in the end. Sharman sat there on the couch, next to him stood Chirag, eyeing Gauri with surprise. Ranveer followed Romil and stood beside them.

"Gauri, what's wrong? Sharman said. "That house is still yours and you have all the right on it as much we do. You can come home and live there as long as you want.

Gauri shook her head. "No, Sharman, the family has already done enough for me and I can't trouble them for this anymore.

Ranveer's presence wasn't noticed yet except for Romil as he stood quietly, hoping he wasn't prying in the family matters of Gauri.

"Gauri, Sharman said again, "won't you let me do anything for you? See, I wasn't there at home on your marriage due to my exams, but now I am and I do have this right on my sister to help her, right?

"But, Sharman, there really is no need to do that, and trust me. Romil and I are trying to talk to our family, and hopefully we'll hear from them soon.

"What until then?

Gauri remained silent.

"Gauri, you said you didn't want to take help from us, you said you didn't want to go home. How on earth are you going to survive until the matters are sorted out?

She didn't say anything.

"Well, we did help the way we could without breaking the rules, Chirag spoke in between and all the eyes were turned towards him. "And, Gauri, do you know Ranveer had all his life's savings taken from the bank just for you?

Ranveer gasped at the mention of his name, surprised that Chirag had noticed him coming. However, the small revelation was barely a pleasing one. Sharman looked at Ranveer, and Ranveer noticed that he was completely changed from when they'd last met, two years ago. Sharman had gone to the US for higher studies and barely returned home. However, since last two years he hadn't turned up at all, stating that the research on a particular matter was holding him back and he couldn't miss out the opportunity to explore what he deemed was the most ambitious work of his career. Baa was disappointed but later agreed when insisted by everyone in the family.

"Anything for my Sharman, she'd said, however, the disappointment on her face was clearly visible.

Since then they had been in contact virtually but never really met. Ranveer himself saw Sharman after two years. As he looked at Ranveer his eyes gleamed in a cheerful glint, his posture calm and he barely seemed distressed over the mess his sister was in. However, there was a solemn look on his face which surfaced every time he looked at Gauri, concealing other traits of his personality.

Ranveer looked awkwardly as all the eyes now stared at him, questioning him. He was surprised from where did Chirag find out about the amount of money and its states.

"Ranveer, you did? Gauri asked, shocked. "But there was no need of that!

"Gauri, Sharman said, shifting his attention back to her. "See, now you need to come home. If you're worried about Baa and her orthodox ideas, I'll deal with it.

"Sharman...

"Come on, Gauri, Chirag said, "I'm sure you don't want others to suffer more? Think of Ishani and Harshad Uncle. They will always support you, and in case anything goes wrong, Sharman and I are always there for you.

Gauri looked at Ranveer and came towards him. "Thank you, Ranveer, she said as she took him in a hug. "I don't know what else to say and do that will make up for the trouble I've put you through.

"No trouble, Gauri, Ranveer said with a smile. "It wasn't a big deal and I'm happy that you're coming home. Ishani will be very happy.

She looked at him as though trying to silently explain something words wouldn't be able to express. Ranveer nodded in encouragement. There was Sharman now who would look after everything from now and she didn't have to worry about Baa.

"And, Ranveer, under any circumstances please don't mention anything about us until we're there. Would you do this?

Ranveer nodded and left the hotel at Sharman's orders to look after the things at home before Gauri arrived in the morning. The dawn was drawing near and with that the traffic of the city increased. By the time Ranveer reached home the sun was out, spilling his orange rays across the grey town. Ranveer marveled at the beauty the morning sun could spread so effortlessly. So unlike the clouds or the rains. He went into his room and checked on the 50,000 rupees kept safe in the drawer. Now when Gauri was coming home, he could deposit them all back into the bank. For a moment his mind went back to his parents and their condition, and he wished he had more money to buy them a new house. Only if they did, his mother wouldn't have to witness the unnecessary humiliations from his part. Ranveer kept the money back into the drawer and stretched himself, yawning. The last night's sleep once again had gone kaput, but he was surprised that he did not feel sleepy anymore. Amidst his ponderings Ranveer heard the door of his room slam open as two of his fellow helpers stormed in.

"Baa's calling you, one of them said.

"Why...? Ranveer asked, confused.

"We're ordered to get you in front of her as soon as possible, Ranveer! It's the matter of our job! another said more sympathetically.

Ranveer nodded. "Fine, I'll come with you.

Ranveer was brought to the Parekh Mansion, and he was hardly prepared to see the similar setup of the day Baa had whipped him after Gauri's marriage. He shivered at the silence and looked at Ishani. She glanced back at him, her eyes panicky. Something was wrong.

Ranveer stood in front of Baa as she gestured the two men to depart. He kept his head bowed, unsure of what was going on in front him. But he could imagine Ishani panic as her mother held her back. He could think of Devarsh and Pratiek look at their grandmother in fear and disgust for what awaited to be witnessed by them. The rest of the family perhaps waited the hour to be over so that they could go and busy themselves in their daily chores. Ranveer realized there was no Mota Babuji at home this time.

"Where have you been since morning? Baa spoke.

Ranveer slowly glanced up at her face, remembering his meet with Gauri and Sharman, and chose to remain silent.

"I asked where have you been since this morning? Baa asked once again, more loudly, as she scrambled her way to him with heavy steps.

He remained silent again.

"Do you know why are you brought here?

He looked up, confused.

"Because Ishani's bangle which Chirag's mother gave her has been stolen, Baa whispered and gasps of surprise were heard all around the hall.

"Baa--

"Where is it?

"I didn-

"I know you did! Baa shrieked before he could clarify. "Chanchal saw you in Ishani's room late night. What were you doing there?

He stayed quiet again.

"If you don't say a word, I have my own ways to get the truth out of you, Ranveer, Baa threatened. "And you know that very well. Ranveer felt an evil glint pass through her eyes and shuddered. The last time he was whipped for hiding the truth from Baa about Gauri, the memory still too clear in his mind.

"Baa, trust me, I didn't do anything. He looked at Ishani, her teary eyes looked at him and Baa in loop, while her hand was firmly clasped in her mother's.

"Baa, he's right, Ishani spoke and Falguni Maa gave her a glare, but that didn't placate Ishani's vehemence this time. "Ranveer will never steal anything from our house, Baa. We've known him for years! We all know how loyal he is! You can't doubt his loyalty.

"Shut up! Baa roared and turned to Ranveer. "Ranveer, do you want to tell the truth or should I go ahead with what I have in my mind?

Ranveer watched things with confusion. What was going on? The last time he saw, the bangle was placed safely on the table in Ishani's room. He hadn't touched it.

"Did you not go to Ishani's room last night? Baa asked. "Chanchal saw you. Didn't you, Chanchal?

"Yes, Baa, yes! I did! she chirped.

Baa came towards Ranveer, eyeing him maliciously.

"Y-yes, Baa, Ranveer answered. "I was there. He barely missed the gasps from across the hall.

"What were you doing there? Baa pressed. "Aren't you well aware of the rules that no servant is to be seen within the walls of the mansion at night?

"I do, Baa.

"Then?

He remembered Ishani's promise of never letting anyone know of her secret place and remained silent.

"Ranveer, my patience level is running out, Baa said, her voice taut and frightening. "Tell me what were you doing there?

Ranveer felt a hand slap his cheek, realizing it was Baa, now in her perfectly real self.

"Chanchal, go and check into his room! I'm sure you'll find something there, Baa said and Chanchal Ben trotted out of the hall immediately.

"Baa, please! It wasn't his fault. The bangle getting lost was my carelessness and not his fault. Don't do this, Baa, please! Ishani pleaded. "Ranveer, what's wrong with you? Just tell her you're innocent. Answer her that you didn't do anything!

"Ishani--

Before Ranveer could continue, Chanchal Ben stormed in. "Baa, she panted heavily. "I found this in his room.

"What is this? Baa raised an enquiring eyebrow.

"Fifty thousand rupees. Cash! Whoever keeps so much money in their room and too a servant?

Baa turned towards Ranveer. "Do you still want to give an explanation?

Ranveer remained silent.

"Last time you were beaten to pulp because you wanted to protect Ishani. What's the new excuse today?

He remained silent. Gauri and Romil would soon arrive, and it was better the family came to know everything in Sharman's presence who knew better to handle them.

"Fine, Baa said, sighing in exasperation. "Devarsh! Pratiek! Come here!

Without a question both the boys hobbled towards her and stood, their eyes low.

"Go and search Ranveer! Who knows he's hiding something in his clothes! Take them off and search them properly.

Devarsh and Pratiek appeared reluctant, not moving from their place.

"Have you two gone deaf? Baa said.

The boys shook their heads and signaled Ranveer to follow them. He did and was taken to the study room.

"What's wrong with Baa! Devarsh said, frustrated. "Ranveer, no need to do that! Come on, we'll tell her we didn't find anything.

"Exactly, Pratiek agreed.

"Hey, guys. Do you know Baa? These are her orders! She'll skin you if she finds out you disobeyed her.

"To hell with her orders, Ranveer, Devarsh said. "We know you since childhood and Ishani was absolutely right. We all trust you never to do anything that's against your morals. Come on, you've gotten us into trouble hundreds of times for Mota Kaka. He chuckled. "Let's go.

"Did you find anything? They heard Baa's voice.

"We're coming, Baa! Pratiek said, shivering at the old woman's voice. "Come on, Ranveer!  he added slowly in hope not to be overheard by his grandmother.

The three boys came out of the room, surprised to find Harshad Parekh entering the hall. Ranveer saw Ishani heave a sigh of relief as her father came in, infuriated.

"Papa. Thank God you came! Baa's sent Devarsh and Pratiek to check on Ranveer. Please stop her!

"Did you find anything? Baa asked, ignoring the anger on her son's face.

Devarsh and Pratiek shook their heads. Baa cast a suspicious look at them and then turned to her son.

"Baa, you again did this drama? Harshad Parekh said.

"Because your beloved Ranveer turned out to be the thief, I had to, Baa answered in a sing-song voice. "Oh, just in case you're unaware of what he did, let me give you a synopsis: Shweta Metha gave Ishani her bangle as shagun, and when today we needed to see that, the bangle was nowhere to be seen.

"What--Baa, you should've checked in her room. I'm sure it would be there somewhere you couldn't see.

"Still a blind faith on this servant! Baa chided.

"He is not a servant, Baa! Harshad Parekh said, now exasperated. "Ranveer is like a son to me. And the person you're accusing of stealing a frivolous piece of jewelry is the biggest reason your son is managing to stand tall in the stock markets.

Baa huffed only.

"Ranveer, I'm so, so sorry, he said, turning towards him. "You don't deserve these accusations. I know you're doing so much for our family and half the things we'll never be able to repay.

"Mota Babuji, it's fine, Ranveer said with a slow smile. "The bangle was taken from Ishani's room, so it's obvious Baa will have her doubts on me.

"No way, Harshad Parekh said. "I know you can never, ever do anything like this. You're a diamond, Ranveer. Why would you steal anything from our home?

Ranveer stayed silent, the trust, the faith of his Mota Babuji overwhelming him immensely.

"Alright, Baa said again. "How come Ranveer had fifty thousand rupees in his closet? Are you giving twenty five thousand each to the father-son duo?

"Baa, Ranveer can never steal anything and I'm sure, his Mota Babuji said firmly.

"Then ask him from where did he get all this money if he didn't go and sell the bangle to a jewelry shop. It's beyond his ability to have so much money on his own.

"I'll tell you where he got all the money from. Ranveer saw Chirag walk into the room and all the eyes fell on him. "Ranveer hasn't done anything he's being accused of.

"Who might you be to speak in our family matters? Baa said.

"None, Chirag replied. "But this matter concerns me too. The bangle you're talking about is probably the one my mom gave Ishani, right? Apologies to everyone. I took it.

"You? Baa appeared shocked.

"Yes. Ishani was unhappy with the whole matter and I don't want to force her to marry me. It should be her own decision and not the one taken under any pressure. So, I took the bangle and forgot to inform her until this morning.

"Do you know about the money as well? Baa asked.

"That's Ranveer's savings which he earned with all his hard work of years. He had had them in his house because he wanted to help Gauri and her husband.

"And why is that?

Soon after Sharman entered with Gauri and Romil as an awkward silence ensued in the mansion. All the people stared at the newcomers while Sharman stood there, observing each and every one closely.

"What's wrong, everyone? he asked. "Forgot Sharman?

Chaitali Kaki jumped to her feet as if awaken from a dream. "Sharman! She ran towards him enthusiastically. "Whats! Am I dreamings? When did you comes? Why did you no inform us?

"Maa, Sharman said, taking his mother in his arms. "I wanted to surprise you all. But when heard of Gauri and her problems I came sooner than I'd intended to.

The name of Gauri again brought tension on his face and he looked at Gauri and her husband who stood beside them, nervousness evident on their faces. To ease the tension spreading in the hall, he touched his mother's feet and then went to Baa and the rest of the elders who gave him the blessings.

"Gauri, Sharman... what is all this? Harshad Parekh asked, worried. "Will someone explain what's going on?

Sharman sighed. "Mota Kaka, Gauri's in-laws forced them to get out of the house and they were living in a hotel since last three days.

"How does that answer Ranveer's fifty thousand rupees' mystery, Baa cut in rudely.

"Baa, Sharman said, "Ranveer had taken this money from his bank account to help Gauri, but since we convinced her to come home, his money wasn't utilized.

Ranveer's eyes travelled towards Ishani, her own staring at the floor, as if in disbelief. He wished she looked up at him once but she didn't. In the next moment, she walked towards Gauri and took her in an embrace.

Ranveer felt a hand on his shoulder and turned back, only to find his Mota Babuji staring at him, and this time teary eyed. "I'm sorry, Ranveer, he said and took Ranveer in his arms. And as he separated, he looked at his mother. "Did you see that, Baa? Ranveer wasn't stealing anything from our house. Instead, he was going to give away his lifetime's earning for this family's daughter. And please, from the next time, be careful about your judgment.

Baa rolled her eyes.

"Ranveer, his Mota Babuji said once again, "if you knew all this already, why didn't you tell us before?

"Mota Babuji, actually, Gauri had asked me not to inform about her before she arrived. Ranveer looked at Gauri who eyed him apologetically. Clearly, she did not want anything to go wrong.

"If you're done with your servants, can we now think about our daughter, too? Baa said, miffed with everything going on.

Devarsh and Pratiek surrounded her immediately, and Ishani stood firm by her side, as the atmosphere of the house changed gradually. Sharman was welcomed, questioned about his peculiar ways to surprise the family which never changed. Chaitali Kaki expressed how he had lost his weight in last two years and looked extremely thin for someone of his age. Her husband gave her a helpless look, annoyed with her fitness rants which never brought a blessing in his wife's life (not that she acknowledged it anyway; she was far too young and pretty in her own and took pride in that). In a few moments the entire house was full of laughter and giggles, the tension from a while almost forgotten.  

Ranveer sighed, watching the things go normal once again, when suddenly he felt a shadow stir towards the entrance of the Parekh Mansion. No one else had seen it, since nobody else spoke or bothered pointing it out. Slowly, he followed the path leading towards the door and gasped. His father stood there, his grey brown knitted and eyes weary stared at his son.

"Baba... Ranveer came further with quick steps, surprised, and when the shock waved off, he touched his father's feet. "When did you come?

"A while ago, his father answered, running a hand through Ranveer's head.

"Maa... he asked. 

"She's here too, his father answered, faintly smiling.

"Baba, did you see... here...?

"I did, he said. "But be thankful your mother didn't. She was tired and went to the room immediately and I came here to see Mota Bhai. But found all this happening. He shook his head. "Ranveer, how many times do I have to tell you to stay away from the family's business? We are the servants and that is our worth. But we also have our self-respect, right?

Ranveer nodded.

"To the big families it doesn't matter if we are insulted or humiliated each day. They won't care either. But we should. We need to look after ourselves. After the fiasco on Gauri's marriage, I thought you'd not go to cause troubles again. But you did.

"I'm sorry, Baba, Ranveer said. "But did you see Mota Babuji? What did he say?

There was a strange look in his father's eyes, as though of pity, or maybe he didn't understand what Ranveer was trying to say. His Mota Babuji didn't see him as a servant. Not that he minded if he did, but Harshad Parekh always saw people differently, more differently than the society did, and Ranveer couldn't deny that his Mota Babuji's trust was everything to him.

"I think you should see your mother. She was waiting for you, his father spoke in between of Ranveer's daydreaming.

"I'll go see her, Ranveer said cheerfully as he came back to reality. He walked towards the alley to the servant quarters and into his room. There she was, clad in her trademark simple maroon coloured saree, her hairs fastened in a bun with tulips' garland securing them gracefully. She never knew to take rest, and as he came inside, Ranveer saw his room was in different shape altogether.

"Maa, he whispered, slowly walking towards her and stopped when she stirred and turned towards him. She hadn't changed at all since he last saw her two and a half years ago. He rushed towards her and took his mother in a tight embrace. "You're real! he said, overwhelmed from the burden of the emotions, now going weak as his mother stood there, taking him in her embrace. For a long, long time he had missed her, hoped that she would come and ease the pain by her mere presence and now when he saw her right there, Ranveer couldn't believe his prayers had truly been answered. He smiled as they separated and he wiped the tears from his mother's face. "I'm glad you came.

"But we lost the case, she said in a small voice.

"It's alright, Maa, Ranveer answered. "This is our house, too, and nobody can take it from us.

"You're speaking as if you own this place, she said. "No one loves you here and you still do so much for them, Ranveer.

"Maa, if you think I get hurt by Baa's remarks then you're wrong, completely. I don't. And no matter what Baa says, it's Mota Babuji whose love matters. Also Ishani and her friendship.

"I didn't even ask for an explanation, why are you giving me one? his mother said, uninterested, as she moved ahead to unpack the luggage.

"Maa, look at me. He turned his mother towards him. "We servants are like that and the masters are like that. We can't change that fact, so it's better to respect the people who love us. Maa, Mota Babuji has done so much for us and--

"Ranveer, I know... she said, looking at him when the look in her eyes suddenly changed. "What's wrong with you, Ranveer?

He looked confused. "Wrong with me? I'm fine.

"Doesn't look like that, she said. "Have you even taken care of yourself since your father left?

"Maa, you worry so much, he said, trying to change the topic. "I'm all fine. He understood she was tired and needed her own time to rest. "Maa, please sit down. Ranveer looked sideways and saw his father, smiling at them slowly, and beckoned him towards himself. "Maa, Baba, you both are tired. Get some rest. I'll prepare some breakfast for you both.

The morning grew into grey afternoon, black clouds hovering over the sky. Ranveer returned back to the Parekh Mansion and saw the things had improved since morning, Gauri smiled as she remained surrounded by her family, Sharman, Devarsh and Pratiek never leaving her alone. Ishani was nowhere to be seen, and suddenly Ranveer's eyes fell on Chirag, and sighting him Chirag came towards Ranveer.

"Hey, Ranveer! I hope it wasn't all that bad for you, he said, and Ranveer smile awkwardly.

"Not at all, he said. "And thank you for saving me.

"Ah, no worries! You're doing so much for me, what I did was nothing when compared to that.

"Thanks again, Ranveer said.

"And I must say, Ranveer, you do really mean a lot to Harshad uncle and Ishani. I've never seen anyone being so loving towards their serv- he stopped suddenly.

Ranveer smiled. "Servant. I know. He looked downward towards the floor, unsure to say anything anymore.

"You're lucky, Chirag said after a while. "Ishani loves you so much... as a friend, I mean, he corrected at Ranveer's glare. "I wonder if she'd ever think of me that way. He sighed and his eyes followed where Ishani's room was.

Ranveer stayed silent, hoping to get away without sounding rude to Chirag when a question suddenly popped into his mind. "How did you know about the money and all? I don't remember sharing that with you, he asked, trying not to sound suspicious.

"Not a big deal, Chirag answered airily. "That day in the bank I'd gone there too to meet someone and found you. Apologies, but I overheard all your conversation. But yes, I didn't know it was you until you came out and I realized I'd created a sort of blunder. I'm really sorry. He patted Ranveer's shoulder in a friendly way and smiled. "I felt really guilty after you'd left, and hoped I could help you. That's why I was pressing on Gauri to return home as well.

"It's alright, Ranveer said. "That happens.

"Oh, have you seen Ishani? Chirag asked suddenly and Ranveer felt something prick in his chest at Chirag mentioning her name. He shook his head and glanced towards her room, wondering if she was there.

"Ranveer! Sharman called him out. "These are the papers I've made for Gauri. Some investments from the US. Take them into her room please.

Ranveer smiled and nodded his head. The journey toward the room was uneventful, but while returning as he passed through Ishani's room, something caught him up by his elbow and pulled in. Shocked, Ranveer looked around and scowled. Ishani stood there, her hands on her hips, and she stared at him. No, she glared at him.  

"What do you think of yourself, Ranveer? Are you some kind of hero? Don't you feel bad? Don't you feel hurt when people humiliate you every day like this? she said, her voice choking as she spoke. "How can someone be so careless about himself! But you know what? I do feel hurt. I do feel bad when anything like this happens to you. I felt bad today when Baa insulted you, but you know the worst part? You kept Gauri di's secret to yourself. It hurt me that you thought about her and not me. She walked past him and sat on the bed, her eyes teary. "You know, Ranveer, if people hurt me, taunt me, it doesn't matter so much, but when they humiliate you, it hurts me so much, Ranveer. So much.

Ranveer sighed and flicked the drop of tear which threatened to leave his eye. Ishani continued.

"When something happens to you or your Baba, none of us bothers with you. It seems, we don't care about you both. We're so busy in our lives that we don't have the time for those who look after us. If your Baba falls ill none of us bothers to ask about him. If you're insulted no one cares about you. We're so selfish. Ishani sobbed harder, her last words mere whisperes, and shook her head. "Ranveer, you should speak for yourself. Papa and I can't be around all your life to defend you.

Ranveer continued watching her, his fingers aching to wipe away her tears. As he came to reality, he realized the moist in his own eyes. He wiped his tears and sat beside her. "Alright, alright, he said, slightly cheerfully. "Whoever said no one cares about me? Ishani Parekh is shedding gallons of tears for me right now, she cares about me. Devarsh and Pratiek were so very reluctant in following Baa's orders, they care about me. And Mota Babuji... he considers me a family and he proved that again. If you ask me, Ishani, I wasn't insulted at all. If anything, I think I was elevated to some higher level in the house. He laughed and Ishani looked at him, while Ranveer's hand involuntarily moved towards her cheeks and smeared away the tear stains from her face, his laughter faltering immediately. There came a moment their eyes met and a long silence followed, stretching further as no movement took place.

"Stop being a drama queen, Ranveer. Ishani was the first to come out of the reverie, and Ranveer looked away, embarrassed at not being careful enough of his feelings. "I know it all upset you. And, well... I've got something for you.

His face brightened. "For me? What is it?

Ishani gestured towards the table.

"Sunny! Ranveer said as he leapt towards it and found three DVDs of Sunny Leone's latest movies. "Wow!

"You love Sunny so much, right? So, enjoy your favorite movies with your favorite Samosas. She brought a tray full of delicious dish.

"It's not like that I only watch Sunny's films. At times I watch cartoons too, he said.

"Cartoons, when? Ishani asked, surprised.

"Every day. Whenever you cry like this, you look like a cartoon. He laughed.

"Haha. Not funny.  

Ranveer appeared thoughtful for a moment, watching her carefully. "But on earth how did you arrange the DVDs?

"Simple, Ishani said, as though it wasn't a big deal. "I called the video library and told them that I'm Ranveer's assistant that's speaking, asked them to send all the latest movies of Sunny Leone. Unfortunately only 3 were available.

"You're awesome, Ishani, he said, impressed. "Ranveer's assistant. Meaning, assistant's assistant. He laughed and Ishani joined him too.

"Now, now, Ranveer. Are you going to watch the movie or should I play them for you?

"No, no! No one between Sunny and Ranveer, he said with a chuckle.

Ishani laughed harder this time. "You're insane! Alright, I won't come between you and your Sunny. I hope you have fun! Ishani began walking out of the room, when Ranveer suddenly called her out.

"Ishani! She turned back. "Thank you.

She crunched her face and shook her head in amusement. "There's no sorry, no thank you in friendship, Ranveer! Ishani left and Ranveer remained there, smiling until the smell of the Samosas reached him.

Time for a Sunny Leone film!

DO NOT COPY THIS POST AS THIS IS EXCLUSIVE TO INDIA FORUMS

Elvish_Hobbit thumbnail
What's wrong with IF? Why are the quotation marks at the end of the dialogues vanishing? Happened with the previous One-shot too. Wow, why can't IF guys remove the glitches from the site? There are already several more which appear rather embarrassing in a sentence at times and now this as well. 👎🏼👎🏼👎🏼👎🏼
RookeyRookers thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Also , I don't know what happened to IF , but we can't able to ammend the quote or pm ...😭 From the last few days ...its really worst , I have losted almost 6 quotes and 2 pms. Which just got erased 🤢. And one update ...god ! How tiresome to type again and again the same one ...
Above all , this net work prblm is just irritating ! 😡😡😡
Neha522 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hey Elvish
Very nice update as always. Love you for it.
Ranveer is ready to do everything for Ishaani. When Ishaani called him at night, he immediately went to listen to her worries and feelings. Ranveer is such a cute guy. He didn't take offence at Baa when she accused him of stealing the bracelet.
Update the next episode asap. Don't stop writing. Like your story very much.👏

Ishveer45 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Like every part of the episode.
I adore Ranveer for his honesty, modesty and patience. He didn't show any objections when Baa ordered everyone to go through Ranveer's pockets. It was very derogatory for him but he didn't say anything. Instead he supported Baa and insisted on Prateek and Devarsh checking his pockets.
Ishaani tried to protect him but in vain. Baa was very stubborn.
Ishaani bought films for Ranveer with Sunny Leone to bring her apologies for her family. Like this part very much.
Eagerly waiting for the next episode.
😆😉😊
Elvish_Hobbit thumbnail

Chapter 27: Time to Let Go

Ranveer and his father sat in the room as the evening grew into night, their favorite pastime, the country liquor beside them. His mother had been away since the early evening and when asked, she answered that she needed to get the groceries from the shop to make the room look like a home. No matter how much requested, she denied staying at back doing nothing. His father always called her missile of a woman and that she certainly was. While Amba out, the father-son duo took to their dear old friend, the liquor, discussing the matters from last one week when they had been apart. His father noticed that Ranveer drank a little too much and without any difficulty as he gulped . There was a time he couldn't take more than half extremely diluted glass of alcohol and today, he seemed in perfect senses despite gulping down three back to back pure alcohol.

"Well, I see you've changed considerably in one week, his father said, guzzling down the last bits of liquor from his glass. "I never knew you'd become an expert in handling this intoxicating stuff as well. How come? What's changed in one week?

Ranveer flushed and turned his eyes away from his father's. Parents had a knack of seeing the emotions their children didn't want to admit, and Ranveer, in that moment was barely ready to express what ran in his mind. Ishani. It reminded him once again of her and with difficulty he dragged himself out of his thoughts. He sighed. They hadn't talked about the case and their lost land and property, and Ranveer didn't press either, wondering how much his parents were ready to discuss the matter yet. But now when drunk, his father began to narrate the story himself.

"Your uncles cheated me, he said, his voice dipping to a disappointed whisper. "In the final hearing they gave fake papers that our land was disputed and under their care since last 15 years. That gave them stronger reasons to win. I requested them so much, Ranveer, that if they took the last remaining piece of our share we'll have nothing to live with. But they'd spent years in manipulating the system that by the time of the hearing, they had all the evidences of our land belonging to them and we, your mother and I, stood there helpless, as though we didn't know what was going on.

Ranveer felt hatred rush through his spine. "What about Devendra? You'd assigned him to look after everything, right? Didn't he inform Maa of the devilry going on? he asked, as for the first time in life, Ranveer felt evil in its truest essence. The world was no pretty place and he wasn't always going to stay in his parents and Mota Babuji's shadow. But the thought of how selfish and cruel people could get for their benefit was startling.

"He was given everything except money from our side, Ranveer's father said. "He changed his statements when we asked him to speak something in our favor.

Ranveer gritted his teeth, his grip on the glass tightening, and for now no words seemed to justify the anger he felt towards the cruel side of the world.

"We have nothing, his father continued, the same disappointment reeling in his voice now deeper than before. "No home, no family except each other and the servant quarters of the Parekh Mansion.

"It's alright, Baba, Ranveer said, trying to change the somber atmosphere of the room. "We have Mota Babuji and he'll make everything alright.

"But until when, Ranveer? We can't stay here forever. Once you get married, we will most likely have to move out.

The smile from Ranveer's face disappeared. "I don't want to get married, Baba, he said, a little too sharply and immediately regretted at appearing rude towards his father.

The old man laughed, coughing. "I've heard that hundreds of times from you, he said. "At the moment your head is full of several things which look important to you right now, but you can trust me to predict that soon that will change and you, like everyone else, will get married.

"How are you so sure? Ranveer asked, irritated. Why couldn't people live the way they want to? Why was marriage so important?

"Everyone gets married. Mark my words. You will too.

"I won't, Ranveer said, frowning.

"You will and that day we will talk, his father said, as though teasing Ranveer.

Amidst their arguments the door of their room creaked open, revealing his mother, who came in with two handful of the bags and plopped them on the floor.

"Seems like a serious discussion was going on? she said, an amused smirk on her face.

"Your son wants to practice celibacy. Now it seems another profession he's getting himself into, Ranveer's father said before he could even speak up.

"Maa, Baba likes to exaggerate everything, don't listen to him, please! Ranveer said, feigning anger towards his father but laughed when his mother continued to look at him. "No, seriously, Maa, it's the truth.

His mother shook her head and laughed. "You two can never change! she said, still laughing. "And what's all this smell about? She frowned, looking at the duo.

"Nothing, nothing, his father spoke with a shake of his head. "We were just celebrating our little reunion. Anyway, what's for dinner?

His mother's features changed and she placed the bag back on the floor. "Do you two still need anything more? she said, extracting the goods out of it. "And when I wasn't there, what did you two eat?

"Ranveer used to make noodles for himself most of the times and I'd eat the food given from the mansion.

"The leftover? she said, her voice uneasy.

"Amba, there's nothing wrong in that! her husband said, noticing the tension in her voice. "They give us everything they can and it's fine.

Amba's expressions did not change and she shifted her gaze towards her son. "And you?

"Relax, Maa, Ranveer said. "It's not too bad here like you think. So many times Ishani would get us food here when we didn't get the dinner.

The name of Ishani sharpened his mother's features once again and she drew in a deep breath. "You both are hopeless, she said before she moved to prepare the dinner for her family.

"Maa, trust me! Ranveer said one last time but was ignored by his mother. She never acknowledged his defense towards the Parekh family, and especially Ishani and her father. Though she didn't dislike either of the two and at times Ishani and his mother shared an unexpectedly amazing equation. But it was since her last visit that his mother appeared a little detached from the family and Ishani. It would become alright, thought Ranveer to himself, when his mother would begin to live here and see that Ishani was an amazing human being.

The dinner in the evening ended in silence and the father-son admitted that they hadn't had a more delicious meal for a long, long time in last many years. The followed hour was spent in discussing their lives and future plans and Ranveer was thankful that his father's ideas for Ranveer's marriage were limited to his jokes only. He did not seem to be thinking about anything about that at the moment. Ranveer's mother, however, was more worried about their survival in Mumbai and owning a house in the city when everything else was lost. She wanted to have enough money to have a small home of their own so that they didn't have to work for the Parekh family. Ranveer protested vehemently, stating that Harshad Parekh- if not the whole family- was good enough reason to stay behind and work for them. And as long they stayed here, things wouldn't go wrong. His father agreed, reminding his wife of the days when they had nothing except a worthless life to live, and how Harshad Parekh had given them work and a house to live in. 15 years were not the child's play to be spent in a family and if nothing else, they owed their lives to the gentleman who they had deemed equivalent to God in all ways.

"That's alright, I say, said his mother, defeated. "But Baa. I don't like that woman. And I hope neither of you is going to ask me to work for her. I'll seek a small profession for my own and work for our living. I know how to sew and if you do get me the sewing machine whenever convenient, I'll start working from then.

"Alright, Maa, Ranveer said cheerfully. "I'll get whatever you want. And stop being so sad all the time. Life in Mumbai isn't that bad either.

"Says who! Laughed his mother slowly. "I still remember you didn't want to come back here once back home and now...

Ranveer smiled. It was true and he hadn't forgotten the day he went to meet his mother after 20 days of starting to work in the Parekh Mansion. Before he left, he and Ishani had had a fight where she asked him never to come back to her again and he had broken down in his mother's arms when they met after so long. He never told anyone that the part of his reason also consisted the fight with Ishani and the silly oaths they made of never talking to each other. His mother obviously had sent him back and the next week he was in the Parekh Mansion once again with the work going on. And the moment Ishani saw him working she came running to him with a smile.

"Ah, you're back! she said, grinning, and he still remembered how relieved and pleased she looked at his sight.

"Yes, Maa sent me back, he answered, not diverting his attention from the work.

"Good. Ishani hoisted herself up and sat down on the table which was much higher than her own height. "Because I missed you.

He stopped working all of a sudden. "You missed me?

"Of course, silly, she said, laughing and he looked at her, confused. "There was no one I could fight with.

The 9 year old Ranveer sighed. What was he expecting? That Ishani Parekh would miss him because she thought he was her best friend? She had begun to grow over him, gradually owning him even if he didn't know. He gave her a smile and busied himself in cleaning the hall again.

"Seems like you didn't miss me, she said, and he scowled at her.

"Yes, I didn't. Happy? Would you let me work now? he said, unsure why he was feeling annoyed in the first place.

Ishani left without a word and thankfully so, because Baa had immediately turned up, lecturing Ranveer on how slow he had become within one week of the vacation. He thanked God that Ishani wasn't there; otherwise the old woman would have some golden words ready for her as well. He remembered what a horrible over thinker he used to be as a child and even if he and Ishani had begun well as friends, he couldn't deny that pang of ridiculous emotion which washed over him for not being as important to Ishani as she was to him. Though his misunderstandings came to an end when he and Ishani met again in the evening and she told him everything she was holding within for a week. It was as though he was the only one she could speak her heart to and share her deepest secrets with. For hours they had talked, unaware of the time or how deep the night grew, the only thing sending them back to their rooms being the sudden rain.

He had slept peacefully that night and ever since his and Ishani's friendship grew stronger with time where nothing came between them. Neither Baa's taunts, nor family's suspicious glares which looked at them with uneasy eyes. But all of this hardly mattered with Ishani and her friendship.

"Lost again? A familiar voice spoke in a distance and Ranveer shifted in his place uncomfortably. It was his mother that spoke and Ranveer realized he was standing next to the window. The damp trees smelled of rain and rotten woods, and the wind carried the scent of the earth blend with the smell of the sea. At his mother's voice he turned back and smiled.

"No, Maa, he said. "It's just... it seems it was just yesterday when I'd come here and 15 years don't look too much anymore.

She smiled and caressed his cheek with her palm. "This is how life is, Ranveer, his mother said. "It passes in a moment, if you think of it. And now see, it seems as if it was just a day before you and your Baba had decided to work in this house and you were a small child. But now, you're all grown up. And in a few years your Baba and I will be gone, too, and you will be here to look after yourself.

"Maa, Ranveer said sharply. "You two aren't going anywhere. I won't let you go anywhere.

She laughed. "We can't stay like this forever, Ranveer, she said softly. "And once you'll get married, have a wife and children, you will miss us less and less.

Ranveer felt lump rising in his throat and words refused to leave his mouth. He had already lost Ishani, and her friendship was ephermal, and amidst this, he couldn't think of losing his parents as well. He hugged his mother and remained in her embrace for a longer while than he intended to, ignoring the liquid that he felt in his eyes. She smiled and shook her head.

"You will learn everything, Ranveer, his mother said after some time. "This is how we feel before we've gone through something, but once we're in, time teaches us everything.

He remained silent. Whether he'd ever be able to live without the people he loved only time could tell and he wasn't going to think about the matter right now when all the thoughts led to the unpleasant destinations he wasn't ready to go in. Silence was the answer of his mother's philosophy from his side, an attempt to explain that he wasn't ready to let anyone go. Not yet.

"It's getting late, his mother said. "You should go and sleep.

"Maa, you go. I have an urgent thing to do. He smiled and moved towards the door.

"But where are you going? she asked, holding him back by the elbow.

"I will be back, Maa. Don't worry, he said before leaving.

Ranveer looked at the vibrating phone. Chirag was calling from the other side. "Hello? Ranveer said, confused at why Chirag would call him late at night.

"Ranveer, I want to meet you. Can you please come to my house?

"Right now?

"Yeah, buddy. It's urgent.

Chirag did not explain further why he needed to talk to Ranveer and what. What could be so urgent that couldn't wait for a few more hours? He took to a cab and amid the hundreds of the thoughts whirling in his mind Ranveer found the vehicle halting in front of the gates of the Mehta Mansion. His previous journeys to the place had barely been pleasant, and deep down he was expecting a terrible doom awaiting him, which only appeared to be nearing with each step he took. He knocked at the door and within seconds the door opened with an inaudible sound.

"Ranveer, thank you for coming! Chirag heaved a sigh of relief.

"What's wrong? Why did you want me here so urgently? Ranveer asked, unable to keep suspicion out of his voice.

"Ishani! Chirag breathed out.

"Meaning?

"Dude, I was thinking she'd give me a thought after today's incidents, but all she gave me was a hard coffee and cold shoulder! Chirag laughed, but the look on Ranveer's face did not change. "Can you believe that? Is she like that always?

Ranveer nodded his head slowly. "Yeah, she is. Once she makes up her mind about someone or something, she hardly changes that.

"I must work harder then, don't you think?

"If you... Ranveer paused, "... you do want to marry her, you must. That goes without saying.

"I don't understand what, Chirag said and Ranveer noticed the hint of worry in his tone. "I mean, the girl goes completely silent when I'm there. She acts as if I don't exist and when I want to start a conversation with her she pretends she hasn't heard me at all. I can't go on like this, buddy! And if anything, her ignorance makes me sick. I can't sleep. I can't focus on work. I can't decide anything about myself. It's as if no matter what I do, nothing except her rules my thoughts. I can't escape Ishani Parekh.

Ranveer tried to ignore the pang which crushed him painfully for a fleeting second. "What do you want me to do? he asked.

"Make Ishani fall in love with me.

Ranveer didn't know why these words came as a shock to him, and disbelief was clearly visible on his face. "W-what?

"See, so far I thought I wanted to marry Ishani because she was cool and was a girl of my type, Chirag continued as if he hadn't noticed the shock on Ranveer's face at all. "But the more I know her the more it feels I don't know anything about her. I realized one thing: It's just not liking anymore from my side, but I think I love her.

A sharp knife sliced his heart. Ranveer licked his lips, his thoughts suddenly diverted towards the rain beginning to lash against the window, the thunder rattling, shaking the earth beneath him and that brought back Ishani's memories in him. Disquiet grew within him, evoking an agony he hadn't felt before. Why was he all of a sudden sweating? Didn't he know this was obvious? Wasn't it what Mota Babuji had asked him to do? Why did it affect so much if it came from Chirag about Ishani? Ranveer closed his eyes, envisioning Ishani far, far away from him and then came a time he couldn't see her at all. She was lost, wrapped in the mist and gone. He snapped out of his thoughts and looked at Chirag who stood away on the window, lightning flickering on his face revealing a dreamy look in his eyes. In these moments Ranveer hadn't let a single tear escape out of his eyes as he stood, like a valiant warrior beginning to crumble.

"Will you help me, Ranveer? Chirag said again and Ranveer composed himself, nodding his head. He had decided hundreds of the times before and backed away, making irrational excuses to protect his heart. But all was in vain and he knew it.

"I will, his weak voice said. "For Ishani, I will. He'd only wanted Ishani to marry a man who'd love her the way she wanted to. And probably Chirag was the one.

Ranveer returned home late that night, perhaps closer to dawn, and went straight into his room. He gasped when he saw his parents asleep and wiped his face. They needed not his troubles on their shoulders as an addition when their lives had hardly been easy. As soon as he settled himself on the cot, the creaking sound woke his mother up. She opened her eyes, alerted, and looked at him, relaxing quickly at his sight.

"Ranveer! She sat up. "I've been waiting for you all this time. Where had you gone to?

"To finish an important work, Maa, he answered with a weak smile.

"Is there anything more important than your health? she asked gently as she stood up and gave him a towel.

"Maa, it's late, Ranveer said, keeping his voice as strong as possible. "You should really not be awake.

Much to his comfort, his mother did not question anything further and went back to sleep, though the twinkle of suspicion was evident in her eyes. He hoped his mother didn't guess what was going on with him. He didn't have it in him to explain anything right now. He couldn't explain anything to her ever. She would question him how could he fall in love with his master's daughter when their status did not allow them to? She would question him about the reputation of the big family which would be questioned because of him, if ever they found out about his feelings. She would ask him how he could cross the line in a world he didn't even belong to. And he would have no answer to any of this. He never intended to fall in love with Ishani who was beyond his reach and unattainable. Nor did he wish any harm on her and her family. He cared about her reputation and her father's and that was why his feelings had been his own solitary thing, existing in a world of his own, rarely breathing and daring to live. Unrequited love had its own perks, but it was nowhere close to what Ishani read in the poetries or the novels showcased. It was like dying a million deaths which couldn't inspire poetry or prose so real to make it look aesthetic. He always laughed at Ishani's concerns because he knew he would always be by her side no matter what the circumstances were. But it was now that he realized he wouldn't be. He had already set out on a path where he was left behind, perhaps in his own imaginary world which would come true sooner or later.

When Ranveer fell asleep, if at all, he couldn't tell. His head hurt when he woke up and he was unsure if it was due to the previous night's over thinking process or lack of sleep, but he was sure he hadn't slept immediately when he thought he did. He felt strange peace within himself as though the blizzard had subsided, leaving behind the prickling snowflakes to melt on the bruises. There was no one in the room and he glanced at the watch, surprised, that he had slept 20 minutes past eight in the morning. Quickly he got out of the bed and readied himself for the day.

The Parekh Mansion appeared more colourful today. Ever since Sharman came things had changed in the family. Devarsh and Pratiek found their brother whom they dearly missed and Chaitali Kaki found her son who was her only hope to get her a better life than she did already. Since the last evening all she had wanted to do was talk to Sharman and get him married to a rich girl as soon as possible. Sharman denied the proposal, stating, he had much to do in life and marriage wasn't one of them. He had aspired to be a lawyer and work in his Uncle's company to provide him all the help he could in legal department. The idea didn't go well down with his mother who scoffed him immediately but was hushed by her husband, who despite everything was ready to remain in an intact, joint family.

Ranveer entered Devarsh's room but stopped at the entrance at the sight of the place, now completely out of order as though an army of giants had invaded the place, thrashing everything that came their way. The cushions lay on the floor, trampled under their feet as Devarsh, Disha and Pratiek danced heedlessly, one on the floor and two others on the bed. The bed sheet hung from one corner to the end and as Ranveer noticed it was torn from the another corner. The papers and gift wrappers remained littered on the floor, waiting to be put aside in a corner- where they belonged. Amidst this, a loud music filled the air, causing Ranveer to wrinkle his face at their carelessness immediately. Beside the bed stood Sharman watching them with an amused smirk on his face, but as Ranveer came, he gave him a helpless look and left.

"They can never change, he whispered to Ranveer before leaving.

"Oye, hello! Ranveer said, as he entered the room with a tray of breakfast for the kids, which was the custom since last many years. "Would you all stop torturing the helpless non-living things under your feet and come back to the earth again?

"Go back, Ranveer, Pratiek said, scowling, and before Ranveer could answer anything he turned back to his siblings once again. "Don't disturb us!

"Baa may come here, Ranveer said, moving further. "And all of you are supposed to have taken bath by this time. What's wrong with you all?

"Stop it, Ranveer! Devarsh said, miffed at the disturbance in his fun. "We know what we're supposed to do and we've taken special permission from Baa as well.

"Alright, I brought you breakfast. Whenever you get time from your fun, have a look at this too, he said.

"Yeah, yeah, Devarsh said, without looking at Ranveer. "We will. Now go away.

"Have some manners, Devarsh. A voice silenced all the tumult. It was Ishani. "He came with breakfast for you and you're treating him like this? she said. Devarsh and Pratiek wiped off the sweat from their foreheads and Disha came down from the bed and switched off the music. Suddenly Ranveer felt awkward and wished to escape from the situation as soon as possible.

"No, Ishani, it's alright, he said, hoping she would understand. "It was my fault, I know.

She immediately dragged Ranveer out of the room and into hers. "All the drama of yesterday wasn't enough for you, Ranveer? she said. "It's never anybody's fault, right? It's always yours. If I do something, it's your fault. If Devarsh, Pratiek and Disha do something it's your fault! And then what? Baa hurts you! When will you learn to speak for yourself, Ranveer? When?

"And what do you think I was supposed to do there? Ranveer asked. "You always place me in embarrassing situations that to get both of us out of them I have to say that!

"I've never heard a dumber logic than this. Ishani scowled and shook her head. "Don't you care about your self-respect? Never?

"These things don't matter to me, Ishani.

"They should! Right now I'm here for you but tomorrow I won't be. And do you want me to worry about you all the time?

Ranveer made no reply at this and looked at her carefully.

"Anyway, where have you been since yesterday?

"At home. Maa and Baba came back.

"Kaki came back too? Her face brightened.

Ranveer nodded his head.

"Thank God she came. Now at least you won't have to survive on the noodles. She pulled his cheeks and Ranveer groaned. "You look so cute with those expressions, Ishani said, laughing. Ranveer irritably pulled himself apart and frowned at her.

"Don't you know that hurts? he said and Ishani laughed harder.

"Haha, I hope you get the taste of your own medicine and stop irritating me all the time, she said.

"I irritate you? He moved towards her. "Then what do you do all the time? You know what--

"Hey, guys! Why are you fighting like two monkeys? Sharman came towards them, a smile on his face.

"Bhaiya, you know he annoys me so much!

"And, Bhaiya, you know she complains about everything so much!

"Guys, guys! Peace. I didn't come here to witness your World Wars on every two minutes. Keep it easy, alright? Sharman said and Ranveer pursed his lips, glaring at Ishani. "And by the way, I forgot to give you this. He handed over Ranveer a rectangular plastic box.

"What is this?

"Open it.

As Ranveer opened the box, a pair of shining shoes stared back at him, and he smiled.

"I got gifts for everyone. Couldn't leave you out.

"Thanks, Sharman, Ranveer said and looked at Ishani who watched him fondly. To answer his unanswered question Sharman spoke again.

"Ishani's asked me to get them for you whenever I came, he said. "She said you keep working for everyone but never look after yourself. So I got these for you.

"Thanks, Ranveer said slowly, looking at her, and Ishani rolled her eyes.

"See, Bhaiya, she said, and pointed towards Ranveer. "Now he'll become all sentimental and what not. She laughed again.

Ranveer smiled once again and walked down to the hall and out, preparing to leave for his Mota Babuji's office. His thoughts went back to the previous evening and Chirag's love and his Mota Babuji's wishes, all converging towards his promises eventually. He looked at Ishani from this distance and sighed. She still stood there with Sharman, and suddenly all the moments he'd spent with her came back. Ranveer knew Ishani was the reason he lived, and he had no existence beyond her. Ever. But the time was drawing near and he had to let her go.

DO NOT COPY THIS POST AS THIS IS EXCLUSIVE TO INDIA FORUMS

behirlover thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
hi EH
first of all the most important thing i dont know what is wrong with the IF i am not getting neither able to send PM luckily  i was just doing TImepass and visited IF otherwise i wouldn't have got to know about the updates.

i am really very sorry about the delay in review i would have given had i got the pm and now the studies are getting tough so i dont visit IF frequently. See now you have updates 2 chapters how much i am lagging behind.

both updates were fantastic as they are always.

And girl your ability to glorify ranveer's pain and the metaphor of nature you use to describe his emotion is really the best part and it shows that how much you understand his pain it is simply the best. you have felt his each and every emotion from the depth of your heart and it is visible from the choice of your words to describe it. i sometimes feel you are writing this sitting in a valley of flowers and snow so realistic so close to the  actual nature.

his pain is actually becoming unbearble and he havent even started with his so called jodi milao work yet i wonder what will happen when those things occur and i cant even bare so much pain of this boy. just a request fast forward it ahead i cannot see him crying like this every now and then and hurting himself so much.

poor guy no one lets him sleep for sometime and the funniest part is its either the love or the hatred eveytime takes away his peaceful sleep. And chirag why  the hell can't he see his intention i mean entering a girl room in night without permission i mean seriously how much ever the  noble cause is that chirkut shouldn't have done it. I surprise myself with the kind of expectation i keep from the poor buy as he himself is going through hell.

now gauri and romil i always thought that guy was spineless who cannot take a stand and in the serial gauri vanished in the smoke just like the way she came from no where although the director and writers have lots and lots of scope to carry the story forward but all they care was how to separate and then bring ritika dn one other idiot in between them it was competition as to see how much people can pair with ishveer.

I am waiting to see only one person's reaction to present day RV and that goes handsdown for BAA i want that poor woman should get the shock like in literal sense but she should not die. Ranveer baba the great will never utter a word and falguni the one thing she does whenever poor guy gets whipped for her daughter is catch hold of ishani her only target. there is nothing about her that makes me happy and she gives that evilish vibes. actually if you ask me then baa and falguni are the soulmates both dont care about human emotion for them everything is money and status. this whole parekh clan is spineless except for HP and ofcourse ishani poor girl always gets her spines twisted for taking a stand.

all the hard earned money he was ready to spend and no one gives a damn about it and all this jsut for loyality i mean his mind has certainly lost few screws. everyone is happy wiht sharman coming back and what about gauri what she will do. Romil is free fund ka khanewala. i  mean cant he search for a job. When that old hack will realise that this whole mansion is standing on ranveer's shoulder and it will crumble once he falls. I just want her to realise now when they donthave anything.

chirag oho gareebo ka maseeha aa gaya chappal feko ispe. why jsut why he is there everywhere and ishani gave him coffee she should have added some chilli flakes also idiot always pokes his nose where he is not required. Okay i admit he saved ranveer from the end part of humiliation but even sharman could do that. what will happen now when amba is back i mean they will still barge in to search for the money. where is chanchal in recent times lefther partner baa.

ishani ordered for sunny really. haye kya bat. well we are waiting for the day when ranveer gets live performance from his very own sunny😆😆
jokes apart this guy forgets every insult the moment someone loves him and how much lonely he might be now when the whole world either envy him or fear him and no one to love and show concern neither his mom.

he is trying at the most to drown himself in all the lcohol but it cannot takeaway his pain. his parents know everything its only the fact they dont acknowledge it. But amba seems to be nice women asof now just want her self respect and love her son nothing more.

i have something to ask that spark in ishani's eyes whenever his grazes right through i mean she loves him so much why cant she realise it.

whenever chirag shows of his eternal love i feel like ripping him. and now he wants that ranveer should make her fall in love. why dont ranveer realise it i mean he loved her truly he could win her by his love why to seek anyones help but the sacrifice baba is on salvation na so he cannot think logically.

ishani caring him respecting him is the best thing in his life and when she will see himwith hatred in her eyes then it will be unbearble. how come shraman didnt know about chirag and his nature. that chirkut always calls him servant and then apologies he should be treated like dog by RV.

marvellous updates dear and that too back to back i am on cloud nine. sorry for not reiewing earlier. i hope you forgive me and if the thought ever came in your mind in these days that i will not reply then throw them away right now that will never happen.

fantastic work dear loved it waiting to read more.

thanks for pm

Lots of love
DV

a big big sorry dear for being late