Asian Shows Help Desk/Info/Newbies

sweetsorrow18 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 16 years ago

Welcome to the Asian Show Forum

Interested in Asian Dramas but dont know where to start?
Searching for something different but dont know where to look?

Read below!!

This thread is for all those interested in watching asian dramas but dont really know where to begin and where to watch, also if you've got any questions regarding videos, uploading, viewing websites etc.. then this is the place to post.

The 101 on Drama Watching...

Three biggest categories to watch dramas are:
korean (aka.kdramas)
japanese (aka.jdoramas)
taiwanese (aka.twdramas)
Most asian dramas come from these countries and are the most popular among asian drama watchers...other dramas include chinese dramas, thai dramas, singaporean dramas and vietnamese dramas...our focus is on the above three dramas though.

Now you must be wondering, how do you understand these dramas! SUBTITLES ofcourse! All dramas are subbed in english by subbing teams.  Subbing teams take it upon themselves to hardsub (place the sub directly into the video) or softsub (subs that must be added manually to a video in order to watch) so please respect subbing teams!

Where Can I Watch these awesome dramas?
There are many places  you can watch dramas online, but I'll post the most popular ones...

1) CrunchyRoll

This site is the king of asian dramas, music, variety shows etc... Most shows on this website are english subbed and all videos are streamed online.  You have to make an account but it's definately worth it! You can make buddies and chat about dramas, join groups, add pics and make an awesome profile.

2) MySoju

The queen of drama watching.  The perks of this website is they do not require to make an account and all videos are on the homepage of the website itself.  They have an enourmous collection of videos, all english subbed and ready to watch online.

Ah so many dramas, What do i do!?

If your confused about which drama because of the gigantic amount of dramas out there then check the suggestions by IF memeber themselves on which dramas they recommend...
https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/740581

If you want to read up on some dramas then go to this website where it provides a synopsis of almost every drama out there (Crunchyroll and Mysoju also provide drama synopsis but i prefer this website)
https://wiki.d-addicts.com/Main_Page

Still confused!?

then go ahead and post on this thread any questions you have and our many experienced drama watchers will be happy to explain and send you on your new found road of asian drama watching!😆

From the ASF Viewbies

Khush (sweetsorrow18) & Tiki (~Taheera~)

Edited by sweetsorrow18 - 16 years ago