Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shellytt thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

Originally posted by: jdsean

I know, I really wanted to like the book but I couldn't.  Its probably the only book where I like the movie better.  When I was reading the book, I just couldn't get into it, and I kind of didn't like Darcy in the beginning, I know everyone says I'm crazy cuz everyone else loves the book and talks about it so much.   😃

I can understand your not liking the book, it takes some getting used to, I'm still trying to read Wuthering Heights and I'm not getting very far, and like you I really want to love the book.

But which Pride and Prejudice movie did you like?? I suggest you look at the A& E version which stars Colin Flirt as Mr. Darcy. This is the closest version to the book that I've seen., and if you like this version, try giving the book another read! Bit of warning though, its really really really long! (the movie that is)

Just a suggestion, because I loved the book so much!!!😊

Edited by shellytt - 16 years ago
shellytt thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Books I read in 2007

1.The "In death " Series by Nora Roberts writing as JD Robb. (so far I've read about 15 in the series - I became hooked on them!)

Secret Life of Bees

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (one of the best books of the year)

The Broker

The 4th book in the Girls in Pants series

I read a whole lot more but can't remember them right
now. (do study material for school count 😆 😆 😆 . Just kidding!)
jdsean thumbnail

Originally posted by: cool_pooja

I couldnt even complete pride and prejuice.. It went over my head..

Btw dese boths sound intresting.. How r they?😳

Hi

Heiress for Hire and The Pregnancy Test are written by Erin McCarthy.  They are really good, you should give one a try.

Here's a lil info:  Heiress for Hire
Chicago ex-socialite Amanda Delmar's father has cut her off, and now she must do the unthinkable-work. Single father Danny Tucker hires her to babysit his daughter, not knowing that this debutante might just find a place in his heart.

Totally agree with Pride and Prejudice, but I finished it because I feel like I have to finish every book I read even if its not good.

jdsean thumbnail

Originally posted by: shellytt

I can understand your not liking the book, it takes some getting used to, I'm still trying to read Wuthering Heights and I'm not getting very far, and like you I really want to love the book.

But which Pride and Prejudice movie did you like?? I suggest you look at the A& E version which stars Colin Flirt as Mr. Darcy. This is the closest version to the book that I've seen., and if you like this version, try giving the book another read! Bit of warning though, its really really really long! (the movie that is)

Just a suggestion, because I loved the book so much!!!😊

Hi,

I saw Pride and Prejudice with Keira Knightley but I think I might give the A&E one a look at now, since you mentioned it.  I don't know if I could read the book again I'll give it a try again one day .

I want to try reading Wuthering Heights but I don't know. 
lucky_lakshmi thumbnail
^^well do try Wuthering Heights...well i cannot assure u that u will love it...
personally I love it,...in fact its a much better book than Pride and Prejudice..
Emily Bronte is a terriffic writer..
Though European Literarture for me is not as appealing as Russian, I wud still say that I Love the Bronte sisters 😊

PS: Classics are of a diff league from contemporary Books..or to be fair..Majority of the contemporary products from World of Literature..I think The role of a reader is v much imprtant in Classics...These days these writers make all the judgements and we nod our heads..😉

Edited by lucky_lakshmi - 16 years ago
cool_pooja thumbnail

Originally posted by: jdsean

Hi

Heiress for Hire and The Pregnancy Test are written by Erin McCarthy.  They are really good, you should give one a try.

Here's a lil info:  Heiress for Hire
Chicago ex-socialite Amanda Delmar's father has cut her off, and now she must do the unthinkable-work. Single father Danny Tucker hires her to babysit his daughter, not knowing that this debutante might just find a place in his heart.

Hey this sounds really intresting.. Thanks alot i will try 2 get id!😃

Totally agree with Pride and Prejudice, but I finished it because I feel like I have to finish every book I read even if its not good.

Nah.. if i find a bk boring, i just leave id..😆