First family of Bollywood - Kapoors- Page 4

Created

Last reply

Replies

37

Views

5.4k

Users

17

Likes

109

Frequent Posters

NEHVCFWS2JXU2JTT thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
#31
I loved the part, Shashi Kapoor being a producer. Did not know, he had produced Bharat Ek Khoj. I have not watched all episodes. But I was attracted with the fact, it was focussed on content, not glitz (as many mythological shows do). Krishna looked very ordinary.
I have seen one of his interview. He had high hopes on Utsav, but it tanked. May be if it was made in today's era (where historical movies are appreciated), it would have had more takers. There are many Sanskrit plays with lot of drama quotient. One needs to have vision. By the way Utsav is of course based on a Sanskrit play, but not by Kalidas.
HOUFG2P3B2H4T6UK thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
#32
Bookmarking for comments.
I read the Ranbir part to see if you are biased 😳 and you proved me wrong. I will read and comment later.
Just out of curiosity, where do you watch all old movies? Is there a website or do you get DVD ? I want to watch many old movies, they are not easily available outside India.
ZestyZeniaZetas thumbnail
The Summer Sheep Diaries Thumbnail 19th Anniversary Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 9 years ago
#33

Originally posted by: BQJV6ILXBTXZGGFU

Kapoor - Extended and by Law
I have to confess I didn't find any movie to watch Trilok Kapoor (Prithviraj Kapoor's brother) though I have heard from grand pa that he was loved for playing Shiv. I have watched his still from a movie. That is nearest I have got to watch him on screen.

this is news to me..I googled his pic and for sure see some resemblance..

kamal kapoor who played negative roles in 70s-80s movies,best known for his role in don(narang) was privthiraj's first cousin..

Z6KV2ZICIG7WBDM5 thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
#34

Originally posted by: GAYRJ5LNCP3QV4MZ

I loved the part, Shashi Kapoor being a producer. Did not know, he had produced Bharat Ek Khoj. I have not watched all episodes. But I was attracted with the fact, it was focussed on content, not glitz (as many mythological shows do). Krishna looked very ordinary.

I have seen one of his interview. He had high hopes on Utsav, but it tanked. May be if it was made in today's era (where historical movies are appreciated), it would have had more takers. There are many Sanskrit plays with lot of drama quotient. One needs to have vision. By the way Utsav is of course based on a Sanskrit play, but not by Kalidas.



He produced Ustav which is like Bharat EK Khoj. And you are right it is by Shudraka. I need to update it.
Edited by Chudailpaapi - 9 years ago
NEHVCFWS2JXU2JTT thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
#35

Originally posted by: LMHGBBXILWD5J3J7

He produced Ustav which is like Bharat EK Khoj. And you are right it is by Shudraka. I need to update it.


Sorry, did not read the paragraph properly. I knew, Bharat Ek Khoj was directed by Shyam Benegal, but did not know the producer. When I read it, I just presumed Shashi produced it.

I have heard about this story while shooting the movie Utsav. One who played Rekha's servant was Anuradha Patel, grand daughter of Ashok Kumar. There is a song Mann Kyoon Beheka, sung by sisters Asha and Lata, picturised on these two females. There is a scene where Rekha puts on her jewelleries on the servant to see how she looks in those ornaments, then put it back on herself. Art directors had taken pain to get an authentic look. But after shooting the first part, Rekha threw tantrum. She refused to wear the jewels worn by someone else. They had to create similar ornaments (genuine ones, as she would not wear fake) in short notice. 😆
Ranbirrocks thumbnail
19th Anniversary Thumbnail Stunner Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 9 years ago
#36
Megs - Will you not do Superstars Part 2 and 3?
Z6KV2ZICIG7WBDM5 thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
#37

Originally posted by: HHG4VRH2AWU2WABS



Sorry, did not read the paragraph properly. I knew, Bharat Ek Khoj was directed by Shyam Benegal, but did not know the producer. When I read it, I just presumed Shashi produced it.

I have heard about this story while shooting the movie Utsav. One who played Rekha's servant was Anuradha Patel, grand daughter of Ashok Kumar. There is a song Mann Kyoon Beheka, sung by sisters Asha and Lata, picturised on these two females. There is a scene where Rekha puts on her jewelleries on the servant to see how she looks in those ornaments, then put it back on herself. Art directors had taken pain to get an authentic look. But after shooting the first part, Rekha threw tantrum. She refused to wear the jewels worn by someone else. They had to create similar ornaments (genuine ones, as she would not wear fake) in short notice. 😆



She was a diva. This is funny. I wonder how they managed. It was quite a lot of jewels. I have updated about Geeta Bali, Premnath and Narendranath

Z6KV2ZICIG7WBDM5 thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
#38

Originally posted by: 7I7KINA7PV25RQWT

Bookmarking for comments.
I read the Ranbir part to see if you are biased 😳 and you proved me wrong. I will read and comment later.
Just out of curiosity, where do you watch all old movies? Is there a website or do you get DVD ? I want to watch many old movies, they are not easily available outside India.



You tube, Daily motion has many of them.

Related Topics

Bollywood thumbnail

Posted by: Rosyme · 1 months ago

https://www.instagram.com/p/Db7hwU-mp6C/?img_index=2 igsh=MWlrdmFoM2N5ZWxoZg==

https://www.instagram.com/p/Db7hwU-mp6C/
Expand ▼
Bollywood thumbnail

Posted by: mintyblue · 1 months ago

2001: Yes, I’m Going There Again. I get it. I’ve already raved about the music of 2001. More than once. At this point, the forum probably sees...

Expand ▼
Bollywood thumbnail

Posted by: oyebollywood · 2 months ago

...

Expand ▼
Bollywood thumbnail

Posted by: Briaahna · 2 months ago

Nah nothing about Bollywood here , nothing When you have true citizens like this what else one needs A true gem I would like to share this video...

Expand ▼
Bollywood thumbnail

Posted by: mintyblue · 2 months ago

Everything about Bollywood feels... manufactured these days. Not just the films. The hype. The "record-breaking" headlines. The carefully...

Expand ▼
Top

Stay Connected with IndiaForums!

Be the first to know about the latest news, updates, and exclusive content.

Add to Home Screen!

Install this web app on your iPhone for the best experience. It's easy, just tap and then "Add to Home Screen".