awesome...
beautifully penned...

Thank you so much!!๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
I am really glad you liked it๐Ÿ˜ณ
PrincessAshVik thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 7 years ago

Originally posted by: ArpitaSingh1806

How I wish we could get to see such beatific moments in the show.  Great work๐Ÿ‘

Me too

Thank you so much๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ƒ!! I am glad you liked it๐Ÿ˜ณ
sptrno thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
beautiful adorable as always dear...love them sara!

love,
spandana
PrincessAshVik thumbnail

Originally posted by: sptrno

beautiful adorable as always dear...love them sara!

love,
spandana

Thank you so much Spandana!!๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
I am so glad you liked them๐Ÿ˜ณ
Akriti12 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
hey sara...u nailed it again dear..
lovely writeup , lovely ShraMan..๐Ÿ˜Š
loved it..๐Ÿ˜Š
PrincessAshVik thumbnail

Originally posted by: Akriti12

hey sara...u nailed it again dear..

lovely writeup , lovely ShraMan..๐Ÿ˜Š
loved it..๐Ÿ˜Š

Thank you so much Akriti!!๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
I am really glad you liked it!!๐Ÿ˜ณ
PrincessAshVik thumbnail
Hello everyone!!!
I just realised, it's been such a long time since I updated any drabble! I am back with one today. It's super duper long, so it should be a one shot, really. Lol!! And I hope you all like it. It took me a few days to write it and I am not too happy with it, but I decided to post it anyway, so please please let me know what you think. Just to boost my morale also. Hehe.
Last but not the least, this drabble is dedicated to all the sweethearts who nominated me in the last forum awards. Trust me, there was a big smile on my face every time I saw my name in the nomination. A tight hug to you all and here's your gift without further delay!!!

DRABBLE 7: WEEKENDS

"Sumooo..." Shravan whined.  

It was the weekend and the only time of the week where he could spend some quality time with his wife with little to no disturbance from their work and even their family members because their families understood the couple's needs for privacy and need to spend as much time together as possible. And their routine was being disrupted. There was a ladies function at Tiwari Killa; Preeti's ghodhbharai (baby shower ceremony), therefore all the women at Malhotra house were invited for it. And the gents were not allowed. Shravan, as well as Pushkar were disappointed even more so because their wives had to spend the night and the following day at their maternal home. Thus, Shravan was complaining to a very confused Sumo. 

"Sumooo, pleaseee..." 

Sumo was still deciding on what to wear for the ceremony. Time was little and there was still so much to be done. She still had to get ready and go to Tiwari Killa and ensure all the preparations were complete by the time the guests started arriving. And she still had to overlook the food and desserts. On top of that, she had to deal with her husband as well who was in no mood to let her go. However, as she pondered over it, she would have probably been in the same position if he had to go somewhere. Their weekends together were the time they bonded together, moments that they craved. They used to sit and talk for hours about anything and everything under the sun, they used to read to one another, cook for each other, watch movies, go out on dates, fight, joke around and be themselves.  

Her favourite used to be the weekend getaways, when they used to go away somewhere for a weekend. The long drives and exploring new places together with him used to be fun and relaxing at the same time. Their marriage had been no easy road, and so when they had just patched up, it was Ramnath's idea that they start afresh and get away from the home environment and spend some quality time together which ended up becoming a routine. At least, once a month, they would choose a destination, depending on whose turn it was to choose, in the beginning of the week and would either fly or drive it there. Now he was upset that she would not be home and the only proper time they would get together would be the following weekend, since they were both working full time, they barely got time for each other during the weekdays.  

"Shravan," she called out from the closet. "I promise I will make it up to you. But for now, please come and help me. It's getting late and I have got so much work to do!" She was still debating over what to wear, a sari or a churidaar. 

Shravan looked at her, pouting. Her eyebrows were furrowed, deep in concentration, as though she was confused while making an important decision, instead of what outfit to wear at the celebration. He could not blame her though. It was an important event for their families, first one in a long time. Living with Kamini Chachi had made her slightly cautious of her appearance in such functions due to the Malhotra khandaan izzat.  

He walked over to her, and turned her around to face him. She looked beautiful. Even in her messed hair and a plain kurti and jeans. That's what attracted him to her the second time round, after he came back from London; her simplicity. She was the most beautiful when she was simple. He pushed the strands of hair that came over her face behind her ear and cupped her face.  

"There's no need to be so stressed Sumo." He could see her stressing over the function over the last few days. He knew she had taken the responsibility of the entire function on her shoulders, like she had done with her sister's wedding. Yet he was adding to her stress, by whining instead of co-operating and assisting her with it.  

"Sari, Sumo. You know you look the best in it!" He winked at her as he pulled her closer to himself, minimising the distance between their bodies. He watched as she blushed and the smile on his face widened. It never failed to amuse him; his Sumo, blushing.  

"Shravan!" She whacked him on the chest. 

"What?! You actually look the best in it!! And you rarely wear it!! And remember, tum Malhotra khandaan ki bahu ho Sumo, Malhotra khandaan ki izzat ki zara bhi parwah nahin hai tumhe?" His poor attempt at imitating Kamini Chachi worked as she burst out laughing and she whacked him again.  

"Tum pagal ho Shravan!!" 

He smiled seeing her laugh. "Ab jao, ready ho jao. You are getting late. Don't worry about our weekend together. Waise bhi, you have promised me, you will make it up to me." He winked at the last statement, a naughty smile on his face. He smiled at her flustering. Suman knew her husband was teasing her only to fluster her yet she could not control the blush that crept up her cheeks.  

She grabbed her sari and went away to get ready, leaving behind a Shravan whose laughter engulfed the silence in the room, making her shake her head at herself for getting flustered so easily. However, she loved hearing his laugh so she did not mind it as much.  

"Shravan," Sumo had just finished getting ready and was ready to leave. "I am ready." She walked over to the bed where he was working.   

Shravan looked up from the file he had just been reading, preparing for a case since Sumo would not be around anyway for the weekend. And boy was he stunned! His wife looked gorgeous in the deep maroon sari with her hair open, fringes coming over her face and minimum make-up and jewellery. He did not fail to notice she had worn the jewellery he had gifted her for their 6 month anniversary.  

Sumo blushed as she saw the look on his face and a small smile crept on her face. "You look perfect wifey!" He got up from the bed, "Malhotra khandaan ki izzat ko koi khatra nahin hai!" He winked at her.  

She whacked him on his arm. 

"Ouch! Kya yaar Sumo! Itna maar kyun rahi ho aaj?!" 

"Kamini Chachi sun lengi nah to unhe jawab dena! Anyway, main jaa rahi hoon. Mujhe der ho rahi hai." 

"Arey ek minute toh ruko," and he pulled her closer, in the process her heel got stuck in her sari and she twirled, as a result her back crashed in to his chest.  

"Aise hi chali jaogi?" He whispered near her ear while his arms embraced her. "Mujhe khudko dekhne toh do." He entwined their hands. 

"Dekh toh liya na Shravan, der ho rahi hai." She managed to speak as she was feeling ticklish, his fingers lazily trailed on her bare waist.  

"Ek toh jaane de raha hoon ... Why is it only a ladies function Sumo? Why are you staying overnight? You could come back at night!" He pouted.  

"Shravan, how do I answer your first question? And the answer to the second one is that I haven't spent much time with Nanu since a while, that's why." 

"Then let me come with you! I will also spend some time with him!" 

"Shravan, it's a ladies function!! And you can come tomorrow in the evening to pick me up, okay? Woh mere Nanu hain, mujhe unse akele main time spend karna hai!" She chided him. 

"Kuch jhal raha hai!" He teased.  

She huffed and elbowed him. "Ouch!" She laughed hearing him groaning in pain.  

"I will make you pay for this!" He whispered huskily while trailing his fingers across her waist even more slowly. She shuddered. "I will let you go this time round Sumo but don't forget your promise!" He released her and she left blushing. 

Shravan smiled, God he loved her!

Please Like and Comment!!

Edited by PrincessAshVik - 7 years ago
PrincessAshVik thumbnail
Happy One Year Anniversary everyone!!!
It's such a bittersweet feeling, but let's all remember the good times!!!๐Ÿ˜ณ
phoenix_edkv thumbnail
RES๐Ÿ˜Š
Shraman's weekend plan spoiled๐Ÿ˜†
Sumo in sari and jewelry which he gifted her on their 6 months anniversary๐Ÿ˜ณ really cute
Malhotra khandan ka izzat...๐Ÿ˜†

Beautiful OS.
LOVED IT.
please update soon and can i grt a pm, pleasee

love
Madhu
Edited by maddy_edkv - 7 years ago