Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Aahaana thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 16 years ago

wow..U like to watch VM...me too...bad its cancelled in US and the ending was all a bad one😑

here comes the list of Qs most of our members on the hotseat goes through πŸ˜†

Your nicknames:

Your favourite type of flowers are:

What do you hate eating?

Your favourite hobby?

What time is it now?

Your favourite colour?

Your favourite alphabet?

ur favourite chocolate?

You go to sleep at...

You wake up at...

Your favourite gift was...

Your favourite month...

What do you like best about IF?

what do you dislike about IF?

night or day?

friend or family?

love or friendship?

do u believe in...

love at first sight?

god?

aliens?

monsters?

religion?

hope?

luck

heaven..

soul mates..

next summer...

next week...

next year...

Do you have and pets?

The worst sound in the world?

the best sound in the world?

The person that makes you cry the most is...

Chicken/ pork:

Your favorite piece of clothing is:

Your favorite sport(s) to play is:

curly or straight hair?

You are addicted to...

favourite music...

favourite movie?

the happiest memory?

the saddest memory?

what would u do if....

- a boy kissed you?

- someone tryed to kill you?

- someone made fun of you or your family?

- someone bullied you or your friend?

- someone tried to steal your belongings?

what would u say if...

a stranger came to you and said "your mum told me to drop you home"?

an enemy cursed your family?

complete alphabet a to z

a b c d e f g h i ...

complete numbers up to 50...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10...

What cant you wait for in life?

Favourite Tamil serial?

Favourite restuarant?

Favourite emoticion...

last time you got scared was..

What are you scared of...

Most annoying this...

Most smelliest thing...

Most funniest thing..

Most kindest person..

i am going.....

I do/do not like dogs because

I do/do not like cats because

Will I be back with more questions?

Childhood Questions

1. What is your first memory?

2. What was your favorite toy?

3. What was your favorite game?

4. Any non-family member adults stick out in your mind? Who were they,
and how did you know them? Why do they stick out?

5. Who was your best friend when you were growing up?

6. What is your fondest, childhood memory?

7. What is your worst childhood memory?

Likes & Dislikes Questions

1. What's been your favorite movie of all time?

2. Read any good books? What were they?

3. What do you watch on the Television?

4. When it comes to politics, do you care? If so, which way do you
tend to vote? If not, why don't you care?

5. What type of places do you hang out in with your friends?

6. What type of places do you hang out in with your family?

7. What would be the perfect gift for you?

8. What's the most beautiful thing you've ever seen?

9. What time of day is your favorite?

10. What kind of weather is your favorite?

11. What is your favorite drink? (Coffee, Coke, Juice, Beer, Wine,
etc.)

Rapid-Fire

Kolly/holly

songs/movies

blue/pink

Rajni/Kamal

Ajith/Vijay

Sada/Bhavana

Jyothika/Simran

Vivek/Vedivelu

you have mentioned you like to cook, what kind of dish do you cook?

Edited by meli - 16 years ago
jasunap thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
selvan, that is a mel name and i guess you are of the same gender....you must have been amused/annoyed everytime i have addressed you as selvi πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† sorry. apologise for that!! here i go...

1. Can you recommend a book that you absolutely loved, and think everyone should read? I'm looking for fiction, or at least very entertaining books.

2. Does it irritate you to see an utter disregard of proper punctuation, spelling and grammar, too?

3. Have you ever wondered about spelling differences between words and their relative words. For example, why is it "refrigerator" without a *d*, but "fridge" with a *d*?

4. If you were to write a "How Not To" book...what would it be called?

5. In just a few sentences give me the rough outline of a script you'd write for a film where it DOESN'T have a happy ending !!

Edited by jasunap - 16 years ago
selvifanmsia thumbnail

Originally posted by: meli

wow..U like to watch VM...me too...bad its cancelled in US and the ending was all a bad one😑

The ending was a good buildup to Season 4 ... only they never got a Season 4 so it was a washout. Have you seen the mini-pilot of Season 4 that was available on youtube?

here comes the list of Qs most of our members on the hotseat goes through πŸ˜†

Your nicknames: Selvan, S.C.

Your favourite type of flowers are: Pink roses are cute. But I prefer white lilies with the deep pink centre (I don't what you call them)

What do you hate eating? Puttumayam (idiappam) with tomato sothi πŸ€’

Your favourite hobby? Reading

What time is it now? "I really should be asleep" time πŸ˜›

Your favourite colour? Emerald green (Enna ma, rombha repeat question-a irukku?)

Your favourite alphabet? A (because it's what I like to see on my exam paper when it comes back from marking πŸ˜‰)

ur favourite chocolate? Neuhaus sugar-glazed gianduia or Marks & Spencer's Mint truffle bar

You go to sleep at... too late an hour

You wake up at... see above

Your favourite gift was... I don't have one favourite, basically whatever my father gets me each year for my birthday ... because I would have selected it out first πŸ˜›

Your favourite month... December (guess the reason? πŸ˜†)

What do you like best about IF? Friendly people, well-written updates and the discussion that follows

what do you dislike about IF? Just one thing: When you are logged in it takes you back to the homepage ... not the page you were last at.

night or day? Night ... because I am a vampire ... just kidding. Because I like to see the lights at night.

friend or family? Family (no offense to any friends out there, but blood is thicker than water has always been my family's maxim)

love or friendship? Love... I am a romantic at heart ....

do u believe in...

love at first sight?  Not exactly ... attracted at first sight, yes, but not in "love" - that is a strong word

god? Yes

aliens? No (unless astronauts find otherwise - I am a great believer in Science!)

monsters? No

religion?  Yes

hope? Hope never dies ... until it's dead, of course πŸ˜† (That's a yes)

luck? Yes, because I have had too many runs of bad luck ... If TPTB read this, it's time to change my luck!

heaven? I won't know till I've reached there (if I reach there). IMO the closest to paradise on earth is home.

soul mates? Yes, ever since I was lucky enough to find one.

next summer... yes, can't wait!

next week... it is halfway here - so yes!

next year... you are asking if I believe Doomsday will occur in the next 2 1/2 weeks?

Do you have any pets? Yes - a cute lovable dog, although he is quite old now. Love you, Ully.

The worst sound in the world? Racial and other bigotry-fueled insults.

the best sound in the world? Nithyashree singing the Arase theme song πŸ˜† ... just kidding. The voices of my family members when we are all gathered for some party or another.

The person that makes you cry the most is... my mother.

Chicken/ pork:  chicken

Your favorite piece of clothing is: I am still looking for it in the shops! Will let you know when I get it.

Your favorite sport(s) to play is: swimming, cycling

curly or straight hair?  My own hair is quite curly. But on girls I don't mind either. Curly hair can be cute if it is in proper ringlets and not frizzy whereas if you hair is long and straight, you can turn your head for dramatic effect with all the hair flying around πŸ˜‰

You are addicted to... tv shows

favourite music... Aqualung (quite a lot of their music), Apologize (by One Republic), Sheryl Crow's "Always on your side" ... oh, and Radhika serial's theme songs from Chitti to Annamalai to Arase (Chelvi not so much... and I don't like the male singing in Arase)

favourite movie? Narnia, Harry Potter V

the happiest memory? I don't really remember it anymore 😭 my mind has created a lot of false memories

the saddest memory? when my mother died.

what would u do if....

- a boy kissed you? A BOY!?!?!? 😲 Scream "murder" and run as far away as possible!

- someone tried to kill you? See last sentence above ... I believe in non-violence

- someone made fun of you or your family? Slap or punch them (wait a minute, what about non-violence ....)

- someone bullied you or your friend? See above if myself. My friend, you have to fend for yourself unless the bully is small enough for me to beat up πŸ˜†

- someone tried to steal your belongings? I cannot stand thieves. Catch them and report to police. If it was robbers breaking into my house, kill them.

what would u say if...

a stranger came to you and said "your mum told me to drop you home"?  "You are clearly a stranger. Go away before I call the cops."

an enemy cursed your family? SLAP!!!

complete alphabet a to z  Enna idhu? We are not kindergarten kids ... sigh ... very well.

a b c d e f g h i ... j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z

complete numbers up to 50... okay, now idhu rombha rombha too much

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10... onze, douze, treize, quatorze, quinze, seize, dix-sept, dix-huit, dix-neuf, vingt, vingt-et-un, vingt-deux, vingt-trois ............ quarante-huit, quarante-neuf, cinquante 

What cant you wait for in life? New episodes of all my favorite American tv series ... on hiatus due to the writers' strike

Favourite Tamil serial? Without a doubt, all of Radhika's. I liked the basic premise of Annamalai the most ... but they made a mess of it after CJ Baskar left. So my favorite is still Chitthi, Arase is a close second. Oh, and I liked Penn - it had so much potential. Plus Meera Vasudevan was cute.

Favourite restaurant? TGI Friday's

Favourite emoticon... πŸ˜‰

last time you got scared was.. last September

What are you scared of... death (of people I know, not my own)

Most annoying thing... My kutty pisasu cousin

Most smelliest thing... Public toilets!

Most funniest thing.. My private blog πŸ˜‰

Most kindest person.. My grandma

i am going..... ???

I do/do not like dogs because they are man's best friend ... and Ully is mine!

I do/do not like cats because Ully doesn't like them.

Will I be back with more questions?  Please no πŸ˜†

Childhood Questions

1. What is your first memory? Being in the car while being driven by grandma to pick up my mother from her hospital

2. What was your favorite toy? A soft-toy panda

3. What was your favorite game? Monopoly!

4. Any non-family member adults stick out in your mind? Who were they,
and how did you know them? Why do they stick out? My tutor, because he was very nice, always helpful. Also my parents' friends who I saw often.

5. Who was your best friend when you were growing up? He is still my best friend, but no longer the only one.

6. What is your fondest, childhood memory? Chewing gum? Christmas tree? Oh I know - Disneyland!

7. What is your worst childhood memory? see above

Likes & Dislikes Questions

1. What's been your favorite movie of all time? Narnia - but maybe because I liked the maps in the books so much and it was nice to see those beautiful countries brought to life.

2. Read any good books? What were they? Pendragon, the Roman Mysteries, Harry Potter, Alex Rider, Agatha Christie, Hallam Foe

3. What do you watch on the Television?  Tamil serials as mentioned above, Veronica Mars, Poirot, Ms Marple, Bones, CSI, Criminal Minds, Heroes (only since KB), Samantha Who?

4. When it comes to politics, do you care? If so, which way do you
tend to vote? If not, why don't you care? Yes but I am not of voting age yet. But I guess I would support the ruling coalition

5. What type of places do you hang out in with your friends? Shopping malls, my house, their house

6. What type of places do you hang out in with your family? Our houses and the temple! πŸ˜†

7. What would be the perfect gift for you? Funding to build a new house according to my plans

8. What's the most beautiful thing you've ever seen? My home in my dreams ... in real life, too many to count: I love beautiful old architecture

9. What time of day is your favorite? Early night-time

10. What kind of weather is your favorite? Cool , not too sunny and not raining

11. What is your favorite drink? (Coffee, Coke, Juice, Beer, Wine,
etc.) Chocolate mint shake or apple-cranberry juice

Rapid-Fire

Kolly/holly Holly (ellarukkum sorry)

songs/movies  movies

blue/pink  blue

Rajni/Kamal Rajni

Ajith/Vijay Vijay

Sada/Bhavana who are these people? πŸ˜•

Jyothika/Simran  Jyothika

Vivek/Vedivelu Vadivelu is the comedian, right? He's the only one I know

you have mentioned you like to cook, what kind of dish do you cook? I like to make desserts mostly, but I can also cook Western dishes and stir-fry.

Phew! Finally finished that lot. I will come back to Jas's later, ok? Tired ....

Edited by selvifanmsia - 16 years ago
jasunap thumbnail
that is fine selvan...here is the next set to keep you busy... πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜‰

1. I've just heard that Santa's elves might be going on strike! What could their grievances be?

2. What is the closest thing to you right now that is holiday related?

3. Would it be wrong for a parent to plant a GPS tracking device on their 16 year-olds car - without their knowledge - in order to track their whereabouts and driving speed - or would that be considered a breach of trust?

4. Have you ever wanted to just walk away from modern technology? No computers, phones, anything. Just find a chunk of land and build your own place and live off of the land (think Thoreau). Could you do it? Tell us what you would do.

selvifanmsia thumbnail

Originally posted by: jasunap

selvan, that is a mel name and i guess you are of the same gender....you must have been amused/annoyed everytime i have addressed you as selvi πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† sorry. apologise for that!! here i go...

1. Can you recommend a book that you absolutely loved, and think everyone should read? I'm looking for fiction, or at least very entertaining books.

A book everyone should read? Hmm.... I can think of some books but not suited for everyone. One of my all-time favourite books is still "The Murder of Roger Ackroyd". Even those who are not fans of crime fiction or Agatha Christie should try this at least once.

2. Does it irritate you to see an utter disregard of proper punctuation, spelling and grammar, too?

Yes, very much. I am always correcting my friends (often to their annoyance πŸ˜† )

3. Have you ever wondered about spelling differences between words and their relative words. For example, why is it "refrigerator" without a *d*, but "fridge" with a *d*?

Well, not exactly. I did not think of the "fridge" example. Mostly I am intrigued by the difference in American and British spellings. Also how the American use words like "vacation" instead of holiday, "jelly" for "jam", "trunk" for "boot", "hood" for "bonnet" etc.  

4. If you were to write a "How Not To" book...what would it be called?
How Not To Trust People Before You Know Their True Motivation

5. In just a few sentences give me the rough outline of a script you'd write for a film where it DOESN'T have a happy ending !!

The saintly main character turns out to have been a criminally-insane villain all along. Therefore when he/she triumphs at the end, it is not a triumph of good over evil but the exact opposite. The whole film should have been spent emphasizing the main character's virtues leaving no suspicion of the truth (except maybe an offhand comment).

selvifanmsia thumbnail

Originally posted by: jasunap

that is fine selvan...here is the next set to keep you busy... πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜‰

1. I've just heard that Santa's elves might be going on strike! What could their grievances be?

They are not getting royalties for all the gifts requested on the internet.

2. What is the closest thing to you right now that is holiday related?

A very small silver christmas tree.

3. Would it be wrong for a parent to plant a GPS tracking device on their 16 year-olds car - without their knowledge - in order to track their whereabouts and driving speed - or would that be considered a breach of trust?

I don't want my dad to know the speeds I drive at! But then again, I don't mind them tracking my whereabouts, especially in times of emergency.

4. Have you ever wanted to just walk away from modern technology? No computers, phones, anything. Just find a chunk of land and build your own place and live off of the land (think Thoreau). Could you do it? Tell us what you would do.

I always wanted to find a piece of land, build a mansion according to my own specifications etc. But not without construction workers to build it and servants to maintain it. And how can anyone survive without their computer/phone/TV/playstation etc. Imagine having no connection to IF or not able to watch my tv programmes!

----

I'm finally done with these sets of questions. If anyone has more, please post soon cos I am going on holiday in a few days' time! 😊

jasunap thumbnail
hi selvan, i have not finished with you as yet....i read earlier that you were a history buff.... here are some questions on that for you....

1. In your opinion, what won the cold war? and why???

2. Would you be willing to risk your life to safe-house people in the terrible event that there was another atrocity like The Holocaust? and how will you help if you cannot safe house anybody???

3. do you have have anything positive to say to Adolf Hitler? why do you think what you think???

4. Who, according to you, is the greatest woman in history?

5. Hitler killed 6 million Jews, and Chairman Mao Zedong killed ~20 million of his countrymen during his Cultural Revolution. Why isn't Chairman Mao nearly as reviled?

6. If you could go back in time and witness one famous event in world history, what would be the event, and why did you choose that one event?

7. Does history really repeat itself? if so, why?

jasunap thumbnail
enna selvan???? holiday aarambhichacha???
Aahaana thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Looks like SC holiday has begun, lucky boy escaped from Jas the griller πŸ˜†
πŸ˜†

anyway, have a nice vacation and x-mas celebration.
πŸ˜ƒ
selvifanmsia thumbnail
Jas, so sorry I did not answer your last set of questions. I am just back from my holidays. Will try to answer these questions over the week, kinda busy at the moment packing to go back to uni.

Meli, thanks and I hope you had a great Christmas celebration. Happy New Year to you (and everyone else!)