Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MDTharun thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
Khushi has understood Arnav very well . She cannot see him so broken . What has she decided ? Marriage with him or stand as a friend by his side ?
Onlooker thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Very thrilled to know that you are writing..Bookmarking..
chottekikhushi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
I love the way Khushi has managed to understand Arnav so much in such a short while!! Payal's concern is very valid but I love the fact that Khushi will be there for Arnav when he needs her to be!!
bakwas_serial thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
" Moves like a ballerina"... what a concise way to describe Arnav's interactions with people . Needed one battered,emotionally abused soul to recognize another.  He did not have to verbalize she has understood his state.
You economize on words but still express so much 👏  
dair10arshi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Awww... Khushi promises to be on Arnav's side. And poor Arnav... I'm glad that he still managed to hold the reins of the company. Why did anjali pull lavanya aside???? Can't wait to read more!
hedge1404 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
I've found this story today while at work and just got done with the chapters. I was hooked right from the first chapter. There's something so... Melancholic and intense that makes you feel like it's real. Those feelings and emotions, Payal's protectiveness, Aman's unrequited love, Anjali's will to live In a bubble, La's honesty and even Teddy's obsession. We've all met such people or gone through situations with such people. Arnav is my favorite. He's been written so well. Can't wait for him to reach the tip of the iceberg and then start healing. Can't wait for more updates! I'm going to have to stalk your profile and read more of your stories. You write honestly and heart wrenchingly beautifully. :)
Ssanjinika thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4
Interesting how Khushi manages to understand Arnav in such a short while without knowing too much about him. 
She comes across as Someone who still believes in goodness and love in spite of having been in a horrible relationship. She definitely is the stronger character here. Very nice. Btw, I love love this Payal. If only the Payal in the show had been half as strong!
srmirji thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Love this story and the different emotions and facets of life it brings out
Thanks
Sri
RockBarbie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 8

Chapter 14: When things come around...

Payal doesn't sleep well that night. Her thoughts revolved around Khushi's determination to be the pillar that Arnav needs and the support he requires for his emotional stability. With Khushi still seeing her therapist and permanently drawing curtain on her marriage, Payal didn't think Khushi should be invested in Arnav's life so soon. She believed it was too soon to become attached to another person after fighting so long to get away from another.

But Khushi had had lived without making choices for a long time and Payal wasn't going to rob away the first one Khushi has made with respect to another person. She was going to watch her sister carefully and be there for her when the dam breaks. Arnav wasn't in a good place for being with another person let alone a relationship and knowing Khushi, she would dive in instead of simply toeing and testing the waters. Until Arnav got help, his emotional wellbeing was compromised.

"Are you okay Payal?" Payal jumps hearing Khushi. "Am sorry I didn't mean to startle you." She adds noticing Payal's distracted behavior.

Payal waves her hand. "Don't worry about it," she says and pushes a cup of tea towards her sister. "Didn't sleep well last night," she adds, responding to Khushi's concerned looks.

"You haven't been sleeping well for a week now," Khushi murmurs.

Payal plays it off with a casual shrug and a practiced nonchalance. "I will be fine. It's just a phase I guess."

"You will tell me if anything is bothering you, right?" Khushi asks softly.

For a moment Payal feels terrible for overthinking the situation but Khushi's interest in Arnav bothered her. "Are you serious about Arnav?" Payal decided to give up all pretense and any more sleepless nights and decided to talk it out. Like adults that they are.

Khushi took a step back in surprise and widened her eyes. "Payal?" There was a tremor in Khushi's voice, something that Payal hasn't heard in a while. Its ripe with uncertainty.

Payal shakes her head. "Ignore me," she forces a smile. "I am being an overbearing parent right now." She says waving Khushi's wide eyed expression.

"I am trying to be his friend Payal. He just seems so lonely, you know?" Khushi tries explaining her situation.

"I trust you Khushi." Payal says simply and her chest tightens when she sees obvious relief spasm on Khushi's face. She forgets the congruence of missteps Khushi has made in her past that has her second guessing every moment, every decision she makes. Arnav is her second big decision she has made after deciding to leave Teddy permanently.

Trust is a fragile thing in Khushi's life; it has been used and abused and misused to an extent that Khushi is relearning it at its fundamental level.

For now, Payal lets it be.

-----------------------------------------------

Twelve years ago:

"This is getting out of hand Shankar." Vimal looked worried. "I think Arnav knows."

Shankar pales. "Are you sure Vimal? Did Shyam report anything back to you?"

"Arnav has hired his own assistant who also happens to be his college friend so asking her for information is out of question. The team he has under him that is looking at all our contracts are all handpicked by Arnav. They aren't going to betray him Shankar. If we did initiate some sort of contact and if they go back and tell him, our operations will be finished."

"I can force Arnav to go work in our London office and give him a desk job." Shankar tried to reason with Vimal.

"I told you it was a bad idea to get him so close to us Shankar. Now look what happened because of your son," Vimal replied, strained by everything.

Shankar recoiled at the implication. "He is my son Vimal. My own flesh and blood and heir to this company. How could you think I wouldn't be bringing him to the fold?"

"Because you know how headstrong your boy is. You have always known the boundaries he has put for himself. He isn't like you or me or Shyam, Shankar and you know that. He is intelligent. Too intelligent for his own good in this case," Vimal replied in an exasperated tone.

Shankar looked troubled. "What do we do now?" He asked in a small voice.

Vimal looked thoughtful. "Is there a way to stop Arnav from finding out about us? About our deals?"

"I don't know how you can do that and come out with respect Shankar. Arnav isn't going to let it go just because you are his father and we are all family. He is going to see it to end and bring down hellfire on all of us."

Shankar nodded silently. "Then let him. We will deal him when he confronts us." He is naturally worried for his son but the stakes here are higher. It doesn't just involve his company but their dignity and survival itself.

They fell quiet when they heard knock on the door. "Come in," Shankar called. Shyam entered the cabin distraught and panicked.

"You were right dad," he looked at his father. "Arnav knows."

Shankar bangs the table with his hand and is shaking with anger and a fear of future. "We covered our tracks well. How could he have found it out?"

"He went to the ship yard uncle!" Shyam all but screamed. "He saw the goods we were sending to that African dictator and he confiscated the entire manifest."

Shankar and Vimal paled. "This isn't good," Shankar said with a quivering voice. "We have to deliver the weapons Shyam or we will be in big, big trouble. You know that."

"Of course I know uncle. It's not the shipment you have to be worried about. Arnav is making some calls to his friends in the army."

"When the f**k did he make friends in the army?" Vimal grumbled.

"Who cares!" Shyam cried. "As of now, we have missed delivering to one of our largest customer. The problem isn't the delay. The problem is Interpol finding out about it. If they do, then we are finished."

"I told you this was a dangerous endeavor Vimal, you never listened to me!" Shankar shouted. "Getting involved with dictators and warlords - how is that a good idea? You know what they did with the weapons we sent them last time. They killed an entire village!"

"You didn't seem to mind the blood on your money when you built your fantastic house. Or spent on your children. Now that your own flesh and blood is f**king things up, your morality is suddenly awake? Give me a f**king break." Vimal answered with a controlled temper.

"You two realize that Arnav is not the problem here, right?" Shyam asked shaking his head at the two men. Looking at Shankar and Vimal, Shyam shakes his head. "You are grossly underestimating the extent of shit we are in."

"I know Shyam-"

"Dad. Stop." Shyam paces the office. "We will be disgraced. We will forever be remembered in history as people who were part of a giant genocide. This is bigger than business and this country. Indian government will not be able to protect us because the problem will be tried internationally."

"Shyam-"

"I am going to save as much funds as possible. I suggest you both do the same and prepare defense." He looked at two horrified faces and smiled sadly. "You can also dump everything in the ocean - supplies, money and proof of our business."

"We can negotiate with Arnav, can't we?" Shankar asked in a small voice.

"No we can't. We have to look after ourselves now." Vimal replied.

Shyam opened the door to step out but found himself face to face with Arnav.

SharuAG thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Vimal, is the biggest plot creater in this..

The gambler lead them to death?

That was the cause of the rif between brother sister duo.

Edited by SharuAG - 7 years ago