Views

Users

Frequent Posters

neverlandspirit thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 7 years ago

Originally posted by: SweetSau

Di you finally updated yaay!

I'm soo happy that you updated before I left for Mumbai to pick up my bua from the airport so that I was able to read it before leaving.
I'm soo sorry that I haven't commented even once on this story. Mai bohot hi jyada buri hu!
Ohh thank god Yuvi too is iridescent and has found his soulmate nahi toh hamare twinj ke bich aa jaata. 
Loved his theory on love and self establishment.
Loved the monjalika part gad me cracking up!
Why do I feel that Maya isn't iridescent and is just with Kunj for the sake of it and doesn't love him in reality. She is soo self-obsessed and selfish I hate her. Mere twinj ke bich aa gayi. Glad that they have taken a break from eachother.
Beta Kunj woh tumhari soulmate nahi hai tumhari soulmate sirf aur sirf Twinkle hai so jaldi uss Maya se aapna picha chuda do aur apna pyaar realise kar do.
Kunj is on the path to realisation as he has become uncomfortable about this Yuvi masla so kunj bete speed up your process.
Loving the story.
Update soon and please pm me next time you update!
Lots and lots of love
Sayli

Hey Sayli! 
No worries about the comment. Better late than never right! :)
I am so glad you liked this story from Yuvi's love philosophy to Kunj's dilemma. Thank you sooo much.
I missed PMing everyone on chap 5, but I'll make sure to send the pm's from the next chapter onwards

Originally posted by: adi_FMT_ct

2552 is a Mirror word.

And mirror represents yourself all in all.
Same for you Meh.
Beautifully depicted the inner meaning of Iridescent & Soulmates.
Last line is really awesome.๐Ÿ‘

Thanks Adi!! 
Glad you liked this chapter๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Originally posted by: Komal1298

This was amazing.

Seriouly! Your description for everything is so on point!
Nd i rolled down my bed on that manjulika part coz i did the same with mah sis๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿคฃ
It was such a cute chapter nd i loved yuvi's philosophy on love!
 Now i can't wait to become iridescent!๐Ÿ˜‰
Waitimg more from you๐Ÿ˜Š

I am so happy,I could make you smile with this chapter!! 
Also I am super glad that you liked this Chapter so much. It means a lot to me.

Originally posted by: J.arora

So true... There is always a need of such friend in your life even though u have best friend... 

This is the amazing piece... The bonding which u depicted between twinkle and yuvi was beyond fabulous... 
Yuvi 's character was so beautifully explained and his value in twinkle' s life... 
The one thing that amazed me the most was your imagination to pen down such character of yuvi... 
Truly splendid!!! โค๏ธ
I was so glad to see this story posted... 
It is my favorite piece...
Again a demand๐Ÿ˜†... Please post the next part soon.. 
Eagerly waiting.. 

J! You have truly touched my heart with this lovely comment of yours. THANK YOU SO SO SO MUCH!!!!!
I am super glad that that you liked everything that took me extra efforts to write. I really appreciate it buddy
Thank you so much!!
Hugs and kisses!
INSPIRATION BOARD SIX

Loving you will not be easy. It will be war. You will hold the gun and I will hand you the bullets. So breathe, and embrace the beauty of the massacre that lies ahead.
~~~

NOTE 1: Henceforth PMs will only be sent to those who have regularly commented or liked the chapter/s. I have decided to take this step because a lot of us do not any longer wish to read TwiNj FFs  and I wouldn't like to pester anyone with constant PMs. If you still would like to read the story, simply drop down a comment stating the same or PM me.
Edited by neverlandspirit - 7 years ago

CHAPTER SIX

Twinkle never thought acting would be this hard. She was always interested in theatre and drama but this-this was a new level of pretense, pretending to be un-Iridescent when all she wanted to do was the exact opposite. She wanted to climb atop the tallest building in Amritsar and scream that she was Iridescent and in love with her best friend until her throat ran dry.

Alas! It wasn't to be so. Instead here she was sitting in college trying to catch up on the work she missed all the while biting her tongue to keep her little secret from slipping out. It wasn't enough that she had to feign indifference, because now every time Kunj pointed out at something she had to bite down on her tongue to keep herself from calling out the colors she saw. So yes, acting was difficult and painful. 

But she was managing, despite the dull ache in her chest.

It was one good long week after when Twinkle could consider things to be back at normal. She had learnt he names of all the colors, didn't have to bite down on her tongue when in conversation with Kunj or any of her other friends and most importantly she had convinced herself It wasn't meant to be'.

"Kunj tum pagal ho gaye ho! Kya zaroorat hai aisi bet lagane ki?" Twinkle screamed at her dumb bestie. Really, the stupid things boys do was sometimes out of her comprehension. Who places a bet over a library book? Seriously?!

The answer is dumb boys do. And Kunj was one of them.

"Twinkle please, tu nahi samjhegi."

Her eyes pop open in astomishment. "Samajh ne ko kya hai?! Tum sab idiots ne library tak ki ek stupid si race lagayi hai."

"Haan par, it's not that simple na!" He answers back in her tone. "Twinkle it's a boy thing. Tu nahi samjhegi!"

Twinkle knew it was best to give up. She was stubborn, he was stubborn and like always one of them had to back down. Clearly she had to be the one that day. Men! She huffs up at him before tracing her way back to the crowd of spectators.

On your marks. Get set. GO!

It wasn't a surprise that Kunj was taking the lead. He was always a good athlete and it makes Twinkle wonder why the others even tried to cheer Rahul or Ishaan or the others, when they clearly knew the race was over before it even began.

The crowd slowly followed the racers floor after floor. Kunj was still in the lead. And just when he was close to sweet victory. THUD! He crashed into a poor girl. The impact left them both on their butts and a mess of the girl's book in between.

"TUM?" Twinkle hears them both yell in unison. She tries to rush to them but the crowd was thick and still celebrating Ishaan's win, hardly giving her space to pass through.

It is when the crowd clears that her world comes crashing down once again. Kunj was holding a small piece of orange paper, a million-dollar worth smile adorning his face. His eyes shone almost like the moonlight on the night sea. Twinkle realizes with certainty that she had never seem his eyes light up like that ever before. He walks up to her in lazy, happy strides, still staring at the piece of orange paper in his hand. "Kunj?" she calls out to him. No response. "Kunj?! Tum theek toh ho na?" she asks again and upon receiving no answer she bends down to examine his knees. "Shit!" This time she exclaims loud enough to gather his attention.

"Kya? Kya hua?"

Tumhare ghutno mein chot lag gayi hai!"

"Haan toh?"

"Haan toh ka kya matlab hai? Ab tumahra dimaag ghutno mein hai, toh ab tumahri mansik stithi pe asar toh padega hi na!" The tone she used was sweet and innocent but her expression was anything but. She smacks him on his knees. "Buddhu kahi ke! Maine bola tha na! Bola than a, ki yeh stupid si bet mat lagao. Par nahi! Meri toh kisiko sun ne hi nahi hai." She gets up now, snatching the piece of paper from his hand, like it was her property in the first place. "Yeh kya hai?"

The note simply contained a string of numbers, and a smiley face at the end. It didn't take a genius to recognize that it was a phone number. "Uska phone number." Kunj sighs dreamily, placing his hand over his chest.

Twinkle inhales sharply and almost indignantly. The audacity of the girl! "Kyu?" She asks him, one hand on her hip while the other waves the sticky note in front of his face angrily. "Usne tumhe uska number kyu diya? Huh?"

Its Kunj who sucks in a deep breath this time, almost as if reality struck in. He looks down at Twinkle, eyes sparkly and mirth filled, grabbing her by the shoulders and spinning her around.  "I am Iridescent Twinkle! I am Iridescent!! Can you believe it?! Main!"

The Ringa roses he was playing with her was suddenly too dizzying. Her head spun, heavily and she pushes off his hands from her shoulders to stop him. He of course places him back, re iterating words that made her heart sink. "I am iridescent Twinkle!"

This time he pulls her in for a hug, tightly wrapping his arms around her. She is glad he hugged her, she truly is because she could hide her tears behind his back. Just two tears. One for what wasn't and one for what would never be. She didn't realize that she choked on a sob, because he now pulling her back, hands on her shoulders, bending down slightly to match her height. "Twinkle? Tu ro kyu rahi hai?! Kya hua?"

She lets out a little sniffle and a smile when he hands her his handkerchief, she blows her nose on it like she usually would to feign normalcy and then speaks in broken syllables. "I am just so happy for you Kunj!" It was true. "You are finally Iridescent!" She sniffles again before folding herself back in his embrace.

She was happy for him. It was true. She has very happy for him.

She just wasn't happy for herself.

"Uska naam poocha. Ke aise hi.." she asks him, trying her hardest to distract her mind.

"Maya." He tells her.

Maya is a lucky girl' she thinks to herself. "Nice name."

They finish their remaining classes. And it was Kunj this time who was uncharacteristicly unfocused in all the class. All he would do is stare about around him, grabbing her pink pencil and staring at it intently, then sifting to the green keychain on his bag, then to the blue label on the plastic bottle in front of them. He was living the colors, trying to catch how each color made him feel and to guess the name of each.

Twinkle tastes the metallic tang of blood in her mouth and it is only then that she realizes that she was biting down on her tongue to keep herself from letting the names of the color slipping out form her mouth.

As if the day hadn't taken its toll on her already, Kunj asks her help to break the news to his family and to help him plan for the coffee date he had with Maya the following day.

"Kunj! Mujhe saath aane ki kya zarrorat hai? Tu akele hi bol de na..." she whines and pleads as he drags her to Sarna Mansion. "Kunjjj please na!"

Frankly she was in no mood to go and pretend to be all happy and excited for her bestfriend when her own heart was being ripped to pieces. All she wanted at that moment was her bed, and her teddy bear, sad songs on the radio and a rainy weather.

"Twinkle Chup kar, aur chal."

"Par kyu?! Tu yeh baat mere bina bhi toh bol sakta hai na!"

"Haan par, tu meri best friend hai. Aur main chahta hoon ki jab main apni family ko apni zindagi ki sabse happiest news do, toh tu waha mere saath ho. Meri khushi ka hissa ban ne."

Of course, he wanted her to be there as he broke the news of his Iridenscy' to his family, but he added a little Mirch-Masala' to convince his best friend.

She narrows her eyes at him, calling his bluff. "Dramebaaz!" she exasperates allowing herself to be pulled inside his house.

Once inside he can barely contain himself from yelling out. He calls his parents out and down, asking his brother and sis in law the same.

"Arey bhai, hua kya hai? Aise kyu chilla rahe ho!" Manohar Sarna chuckles, walking down the stairs.

"Papa! Jaldi aayine! Ab mujhse aur contain nahi ho raha!"

It took another two minutes for the entire family to gathered and seated in the living room. "Arey ab toh bata de!" Everyone encourages him further.

Kunj throws a small glance in Twinkle's direction, before speaking. "Ma, Papa, Bhaiya, Bhabhi. I am Iridescent!"

Everyone breaks out in euphoria, hugging and congratulating him, patting him on the back. Once things calmly down comparatively he catches his mother hugging Twinkle too. That wildly perplexes him.

"Bhai mujhe toh hamesha se hi pata tha ki Twinkle hi Kunj ki soulmate hogi. Aur dekho baat sach nikli." She says, clapping her hands together by the end of the sentence in excitement.

He notices how Twinkle freezes, her shoulders going tense and her cheeks lighting up in a scarlet blaze. "Aunty nah-"

"Atey chup kar! Ab sharmane ki kya baat hai" she teases, pulling Twinkle's cheeks causing the others to erupt in a bout of laughter.

"ITS NOT TWINKLE MA!" he screams at the top of his voice. It was the only way to grab their attention. It was successful, all heads except Twinkle's turn towards him. Twinkle was yet looking down, seemingly mortified beyond belief. "It's Maya." He says after a minute of echoing silence.

A simple Oh' was all they responded with. But then Twinkle was excusing herself and leaving. And they continue to congratulate him and bombard him with other questions. He reminds himself in the back of his mind to videocall Twinkle to finalize the ideas for his date tomorrow.

Dinner was an exaggerated event filled with more questions and teasing but it was blissful, exciting, new!

He sneaks glances at his phone, wondering if he should text Maya. Maybe, catch up or confirm about the timings or even just wish her goodnight with a smiley emoji?

He decides to go with the safe Good night' option followed by a smiley emoji. He also decides to send a Can't wait to see you tomr.'

~

Yuvi likes Classical Rock music and Twinkle finds his preference of his rubbing on her too. And she feels this because Yuvi has now taken to blasting Rock Music at all odd hours of the day and Twinkle finds herself nodding her head to the same, furiously and rhythmically swiping the mop in her hand from side to side.

"TOH WOH HALLOWEEN PARTY KE BAARE MEIN KYA SOOCHA HAI?!" He faintly hears him yell above Back to Black' by ACDC. He told her that the song gave her a very Iron Man feel and that if he feels like Iron Man than he feels like he can accomplish any task, be it as mundane as the weekly cleaning of their apartment.

"KYA?" She yells back.

Yuvi hold his hands up, gesturing her to wait. He walked over to the sound system, turning the volume knob all the way down, before walking back to her. "Woh Halloween party! Tu chal rahi haina?" Her expression tells him that she had indeed forgotten about the most happening party of October. "Arey yaar, tu bhool gayi na? Jacob ki party yaar. Tu chal rahi hai na?"

That did ring a bell! Now she remembered Jacob bouncing down the tiered classroom stairs to their best and slapping down the invitation cards. The words, "One isn't much of a scare, so please come in a pair' written in red with a font that mimicked dripping blood. And now she also remembered why she forgot about it. "I don't have a partner." She admits in a defeated tone. She had wanted to attend the party so bad! It was her first Halloween Party after all.

She raises her eyes to look up Yuvi, who hadn't spoken in response. When she does look up, she sees his mouth agape and a look of shock reflected in his brown orbs.

"Kya?"

"Kya nahi! Matlab tu itni badi duffer hai, mujhe nahi pata tha!" Yuvi whisper yells. "I mean itna handsome banda tere saamne khada hai, aur tu bol rahi hai kit ere paas partner nahi hai? Ajeeb ladki hai."

Twinkle furrows her brows, "Tu kehna kya chahta hai?"

Yuvi lets out a couple of clucks of disapproval before explaining. "Dekh tere paas partner nahi hai, mere paas partner nahi hai. Tujhe party mein jaana hai, mujhe party mein jaana hai. Toh kya bol ti hai, Partners?" he extends his hand to her.

Twinkle doesn't even think twice. "Partners."

They sat down on the couch, a laptop boosted up between them after cleaning the whole apartment. Couple Halloween Costumes' was nimbly typed in the search bar. The result was a lot of weird ones, sexist ones, old ones and plain stupid ones. Inspiration thought hard to find, was eventually found and each made a list of the costumes they liked.

Soap and Loofa? No!

Fireman and Dog? Are you for real?!

Jasmine and Alladin? Can be considered.

Harley Quin and Joker? Too clich.

They fought a lot through the above discussion. Each suggesting an idea only for it to be justifiably shunned. It took them an ungodly amount of time to finally settle in an idea that satisfied or semi satisfied them both. And by the time they did, it was well into the evening.

Twinkle cursed herself under her breath. She had promised Kunj that she would videocall him. She was already half an hour late! She connected her headphones in the jack, connected SKYPE and waited as it rung, praying that he wasn't mad at her.

He wasn't. Thankfully.

And the conversation started off without a glitch.

"Aur bata." He asks her, dipping the bag on tea in to the steaming cup.

"Ummm...Arey ha! Main to tujhe bata na hi bhool gayi. Yeh week end main ek Halloween party attend kar rahi hoon! FINALLY!" She drags off the last word for emphasis, throwing her hands up too.

He makes him chuckle. She always did have a weird obsession with Halloween for some reason. "Finally!" he repeats, thankfully. "At least yeh saal teri bak-bak toh nahi sunn ni padegi, ke tujhe Halloween Party attend karni hai, Ki tujhe Jessie bana hai, Toy Story se."

"Let's not forget, Casper the friendly ghost." She reminds him with a smile.

"Oh, hum who kaise bhool sakte hai! Tu ne toh Leela aunty ke cupboard mein se who while bedsheet chura kar ussme eye holes bhi kaat liye the!" He recalls the incident with a mighty laugh, tears of laughter streaming down his face.  "Aur phir-" he hiccups, "Aur Phir, jab aunty ne tuhje pakda toh badi hoshiyaari se kaha-CHUHO!" He is unable to continue further, clutching his stomach, his head thrown back in a loud laugh.

When things do calm down and it takes 30 minutes for it to happen, Kunj suddenly remembers. "Toh tu kya ban rahi hai?"

Twinkle opens her mouth to answer but he cuts her short. "Nahi Rukh. Mujhe pata hai! Cinderella!"

"Main kya tujhe 5 saal ki bachi dikh rahi hoon?" She huffs, annoyed. "Cinderella, it seems!"

"Acha baba main, Mazak kar raha tha. Tu Dory bana chahti hogi." He says in all sincerity.

It melts her heart because it was true. If it wasn't a couple costume party, she would have been Dory. But she didn't want to give him the satisfaction of being right. So, she huffs up again. "Nahi! Main Olive ban ne wali hoon." She stubbornly announces and cuts the call.

Kunj is taken aback. He thought he knew her choices well. He thought he knew her!

But now...

And olive? Why in the world did she want to be an olive of all things?

But then there was this stupid fear in him that was put to ret. He was scared that she might want to be Cat woman, and he worried that she might be eve-teased by boys seeing her in those tight latex suits. An Olive would be an appropriate costume, especially when he want there to protect her.

Kunj shuts his laptop with a sigh, the main topic of the conversation yet undiscussed. He wanted to let her know about him and Maya, about him wanting to visit her in New York but then he saw how happy and carefree she was and he didn't have the heart to damper her spirits. Another time' he tells himself. The door to their apartment swings open and he smells her Chanel No. 5 and the click-clack of her kitten heels before he even sees her.

She passes him a customary smile, dropping her purse on the coffee table.

"Um, main thodi der ke liye walk pe jaa raha hoon." He announces, the air in the room far too thick for his liking.

Walking down the titled path of Bandstand, Kunj tries to think about how things changed so fast and so drastically that they couldn't even stand to be in the same room as their soulmate'. Is this what love is supposed to feel like? Suffocation and misery?

~

The weekend rolls around quicker than he noticed and he finds himself browsing her Facebook page because he was missing her and a phone call didn't do much justice to their friendship. Plus as usual time differences sucked.

He almost immediately notices the video she was tagged in. They set the dance floor on fire!' It was captioned. His mood turns bitter before he could even click the side way triangle to play the video.

Yuvraj was tagged in it as well.

Playing the video didn't help. It was-torture. And it wasn't because Twinkle looked like she was having the time of her life, but it was because she was having the time of her life with Yuvraj.

He used to be the one she used to have fun with...What changed?

There was something else wrong in the video that he couldn't particularly put his finger on. Something was slightly off. He brushes off the nagging feeling for a while, as the video to them dancing on Lets Nacho' ends and scrolls further down her page. She had uploaded a new Album. Halloween' And as he clicks past the first picture he finally understands what was wrong.

Twinkle was not in her Olive costume. She wasn't dressed in a puffed by Green and red dress as he had imagined. Rather she was clad in a pretty black skirt, gold around the hem and a white collared, Red shirt, tucked in. She had her hair, curled in the retro way. Kunj didn't understand what she was supposed to be. She looked like a Pin-Up but not quiet. And then he clicked the mouse for the next picture. That is when everything started making sense. She wasn't an olive-Olive.

She was Olive and Yuvraj was her Popeye!

He feels anger bubbling in his chest and he vaguely registers his hate for that nuisance named Yuvraj grow. How dare he be the Popeye to Twinkle's Olive?!

Kunj doesn't have the heart to see the other pictures. He was simply enraged beyond belief to see any of her other photos with the care and light hearted humor they deserved to be cherished with.

Lying down on his bed, flinging a tennis ball in the air and catching it, repeatedly, the more rational part of Kunj's mind tell him that he was being illogical and too fast to judge this Yuvraj character. He didn't even have a justifiable reason to hate him. Heck! He didn't even know the guy properly.

And his heart seemed to agree with his mind. But then he reasons that emotions did not need logic to be real.  He just misses his Twinkle, Okay! And he might be too embarrassed to admit it to even himself but watching her spend that much time with someone else, is kind of painful. He used to be the center of her attention, care and companionship.

And everyone, especially Twinkle knows that Kunj doesn't like sharing.

TO BE CONTINUED...

Hugs and Kisses to all of you who continue reading this story. You guys are the real MVPs. Please continue showering this FF with your likes, comments and love!

SweetSau thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Ress
I'm first will unress once I read it!
Komal1298 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Oh my my jealous kunj is what I liked the most!
Slowly slowly the story is unraveling!
I cant wait for next chapter so yes do pm me ๐Ÿ˜‰
And yes i always wait for ur ff
Loads of love and hugs 
Dinky28 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
U my dear just nailed it d first part which was flashback just my imaging myself in twinkles place itself gave me tears i would toh cried my heart out but its ok n then halloween costumes i never got a chance so i was overwhemled by uv n twinks convo n then our hero n herione ka convo kunj is sweetheart ha i really love dis kunj slowly slowly but he is getting i must say he is no soulmate to maya missing kunj n twinkle together plzz bring kunj to meet twinkle n keep uv away from her as u said kunj doesnt like sharing
Overall a super duper wala update do update soonish
No problem with storm in our soul take ur time whenever the issue gets solved wid it n u get d tym plzz update n dont forget to pm coz i am ur loyal fan reader of ur ffs n os too
adi_FMT_ct thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Meh
Don't give us Thank You.
Thanks to you that you still writing this else oothers...let it be.
One phrase is there-"An aata na utt paharke niche".
If you do not care about anything for long day then it's certainly go away from you either it would be human or non lived material.
Loveee the part.๐Ÿ˜ณ
You beautifully described the flashback part & the transition from past to present is smooth.
My waiting is now taking a long step I mean I can't now wait for next part.
I want to know how Kunj deal with Yuvraj also vice versa.
And Oh Yes Twinkle's reaction will be most important in this situation.
Also want to see how Kunj realise the special feeling for Twinkle.
This would be awesome.
Please Meh Update the next part as soon as possible.๐Ÿ˜ƒ