Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

IPKKND FF: KHUSHI by JALEBI JANE Thread 1: EPISODE 001-052 - Page 91

JalebiJane thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
This content was originally posted by: IdioTinTin.

Oh, when will Shyam accept his defeat? I wonder now that he's like a wounded animal, if he's not more dangerous and action should be taken asap against him?

I knew it, I knew that Arnav's actions are unpredictable. His reaction -expected anger but well, knowing ASR well - it didn't  surprise me at all. Happy to see they didn't fight over that.

Now let's see what use those notes will be. Loved the update. I really appreciate not only your writing style but also your regular and fast updates.

Thank you.
These episodes were written four years ago so I'm not writing them.
Just re-formatting for IF.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

JalebiJane thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: just4this

Hello 

I came across this FF, yesterday and got hooked.
What I liked the most of this story is the essence of ASR and khushi is maintained intact, that is ASR being ASR and khushi being always forgiving and loving, yet bold in her ow way.
Loved the story very much.
Thank u 

Thank you.
I'm pleased you are enjoying it :-)
JalebiJane thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: cocoamob

In the show, during the kidnap, I remember Arnav asking Khushi "What have you done to me Khushi?" about how she changed him. 

Here, we see the way he has already changed in the way he reacts to her taking notes from Shyam's phone. She did something he had strictly forbidden her  - but she did it anyway. That is so like Khushi though - standing up for what she believes in and boldly! She may be crazy at times, wierd even, but that is the Khushi we love!

This changed Arnav is irresistible and you bring out the naughty side of him and his sense of humor brilliantly!

Thank you.
I recall writing that episode and being surprised that he didn't throttle her.
But as I read it now, four years later, I feel that Arnav is no longer unreasonably stubborn/headstrong and perhaps that might be one of the changes Khushi has wrought in him.
pakpearl thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Nice update..
Arnav appreciates her effort of making notes.. 

Shyam's boldness is getting on my nerves..
Khushi somehow controls Arnav's anger..😊
JalebiJane thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: pakpearl

Nice update..

Arnav appreciates her effort of making notes.. 

Shyam's boldness is getting on my nerves..
Khushi somehow controls Arnav's anger..😊

Oh! That Shyam is so audacious. But I see Arnav's point that better to tolerate Shyam and have Di remain under his roof. There's not telling what depths of depravity Shyam may sink to.
swetharajs thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Nice update. ... khushi and her innovative ideas. ..
canapoem thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
I thought Arnav would be angry that Khushi had become the female bond and extracted the information from Shyam's phone.
But just like Khushi, I was surprised too. And I love this Arnav more and more.

And Maya how did you get the bell idea? 😆

Though it was funny, yet it served the purpose. 👏

Shyam is such a creepy man. Disgusting. 😡

I wish Anjali slaps him one day.

Arnav not minding PDA is also very nice to read.

JalebiJane thumbnail

KHUSHI by Jalebi Jane (EPISODE 037)

HE QUICKLY CHANGED and met him downstairs by the front door. But instead of the car, he led her towards the garage. She realized then that he intended to take her out on the motorbike. Khushi had heard Anjali and Akaash speak of Arnav's love for bikes---but in all these months she had not actually seen him go out for a ride.

"Do that thing with your hair so it's all at the top of your head," he instructed.

Khushi looped her hair into a careless knot. He placed the safety helmet on her head and fastened it; then fastened his own. Straddling the bike, he waited for her to climb on the back. It was a larger more powerful bike than she was accustomed to, but also roomier.

As they zoomed into the flow of traffic, he warned, "watch your duppata, Khushi."  

Khushi held tightly onto her husband's waist as he changed lanes. His speed was higher than she would have ordinarily been comfortable with, but she felt perfectly safe in his care. It felt free and exhilarating---as though the three---man, woman and bike---were one being.  At times she felt his hand cover her hands, and if happiness could arise from a simple touch then one could say Khushi was complete. It occurred to her that he had chosen the perfect way to end the day. The day had been too much about Shyam and this excursion was the perfect antidote.

Lulled by the warmth of Arnav's body and the freshness of the evening breeze, Khushi found her eyes drooping. But just before she was in any danger of falling off the bike, Arnav pulled into a parking lot. Khushi recognized the lot as the one belonging to the cinema hall they had recently visited. He removed his helmet and made a call. She heard only part of this call as she was unfastening her helmet, but she saw him scanning the cars in the parking lot as he spoke.

"Got it," he said, ending the call.

He helped her off the bike and navigated her towards a parked vehicle. When the driver's side window rolled down, she saw the now familiar face of Mr Chopra.

He greeted her, and she reciprocated.

Arnav handed him the notes she had gathered from Shyam's phone and said, "follow up first on the names I've marked with a tick."

Mr Chopra nodded and stored the sheets away.

Arnav said, "we meet in two days---I expect results."

He took Khushi's hand and was leading her away, when Mr Chopra said, "Mr Raizada, it would help to have a photo of the target's wife."

Khushi sensed a hesitation in Arnav to comply. But he finally stated, without turning back, "I'll send it to your phone tonight."

They decided to stop at the cafe within the cinema hall for a coffee. Or rather, Arnav had coffee; Khushi had kulfi. Like an old-established married couple, they sat side by side with their refreshments, content to be quiet and watch the world stream by.

ARNAV SENT THE PHOTO as soon as they entered their bedroom. Why he had been reluctant to provide it sooner was to himself a mystery. Perhaps it was that last vestige of the belief that he could protect Anjali from all this ugliness. It was not possible; he knew it. In the very near future, Anjali would have to learn the full truth and deal with it. Even that small hope that Shyam would reform once he knew he was to become a father---well, that was gone. In recent days he had ceased to believe that Shyam was an ordinary man who had gone done the wrong path; he now knew that Shyam was deliberately evil---to have him anywhere near was entirely unacceptable.

He leaned back on the recliner and watched Khushi as she brushed her hair. Being under the same roof with Shyam was intolerable to him---he wondered how she endured it. But then again, Khushi was strong. He had always known it. She endured him, didn't she? He sighed, and suddenly felt weary.

As though she could read his thoughts, she turned towards him. He rested his head on the recliner but his eyes remained on her. She came to him, and asked, "what is it?"

He shook his head. What could he say, Sisters? How did a man like Arnav Singh Raizada tell his wife that he was afraid?

Khushi moved behind the recliner and with cool fingers, she massaged his scalp. His eyes flickered shut.

"Hmm," he sighed, touching her hands.

"Come to bed," she urged, taking his hand. He followed her, allowing her to lead. She made him sit on the edge of the bed and slowly, but deliberately, without any bashfulness, removed all his clothing, leaving him with only his underwear. Covering him with a blanket, she sat up against the headboard and laid his head on her lap.

She then continued to massage him---his scalp, his forehead, his temples. His last thought before he drifted into a dreamless sleep was of the utter sweetness of the hands that loved him.

By Jalebi Jane

JalebiJane thumbnail

KHUSHI by Jalebi Jane (EPISODE 038)

WE KNOW THAT OUR HEROINE was one of those, who having once begun, would always be in love.* Khushi would never tire of gazing into this face that was now in repose in her lap; she would never fatigue from touching his skin as she did now; she would never be too weary to respond to his touch. She knew it as well as she knew her own name: she would be his, always. Yet, from somewhere the doubting voice whispered to her heart: Don't be naive, Khushi, notions of permanent happiness belong only to fairytales and tv serials---life is not like that. Her hand involuntarily reached to clutch her mangalsutra, as if the gesture alone could make the impossible possible.

Arnav stirred as though her thoughts had penetrated his sleep. His eyes parted and he looked at her upside down. He rubbed and re-focused his eyes in that manner she found so terribly endearing. From habit, he reached for his phone, but it was not on the bedside table.

"How long did I sleep?" he asked.

"Only about twenty minutes."

He expressed surprise, sitting up. "It felt like hours."

As her lap was free, she slid off the edge of the bed and moved to the wardrobe. Her earlier thoughts had left her feeling peevish. She began to fold and put away the two sarees she had worn earlier in the day, but was conscious of Arnav's movements behind her. He was off the bed, and he sauntered to the low table by the recliner to check his phone. A furtive glance at the mirror told her that he seemed entirely unaware that he wore nothing other than what she had left on him, a pair of rather snug black underwear. It destabilized her: appreciation for his manly strength, desire for his masterful touch---and something else. She was unable to give a name to that something else---but it felt like anxiety for their future, and it weakened her.

"Khushi?"

"Uh...ji?" she replied without turning to face him.

"Have you seen my wallet?"

"You had it earlier when we were out."

"Yeah, I paid at the cafe...after that---?"

"No."

"Is it on the---Khushi! How many times---can you look at me when I'm speaking to you?"

"Put on some clothes then?"

"What!?"

Khushi said nothing further, but keeping her eyes averted, she went to the pile of clothes he had been wearing earlier. She bent to pick up his jeans and found the wallet in the back pocket.

"Here," she said, blindly extending the wallet and jeans to him. He was behind her.

She felt him take the items out of her hand, and she pivoted to return to the wardrobe---but he clasped her from behind, pressing his form to her. A gasp escaped her lips. It was impossible to not be aware that he was aroused. She struggled to break away, but his grip was solid.

"Why so coy?" she heard him say, his voice heavy with humour. "I am this way because you undressed me, remember? Do you alone have the right to walk around in underwear, flaunting yourself?"

"Flaunting?!" The word offended her and gave her energy. She twisted out of his grip to face him, her eyes flashing.

A smirk hovered on his lips. "You don't like the word flaunt? Do you prefer display? No? Parade?"

"No! None of those. You make it seem as though I---"

"---as though you know exactly how to capture and hold my attention?" he finished the sentence. And while she was still recovering from his words, he unceremoniously picked her up in his arms, and tossed her on the bed.

Khushi landed inelegantly on her bottom, her limbs flayed. How dare he fling me like a sack of potatoes? She began to rise, but he was now on top of her, having trapped her beneath him.

"Khushi, do you know what you are?" he asked lifting his eyebrow.

"I know what you are!" she replied back, and struggled to escape.

Arnav ignored her implied insult and easily subdued her under him. "I think it's time you accept that you are a magnificent tease. You enjoy showing yourself to me."

"No---" Khushi began to correct him, feeling that someone in the room ought to defend her honour.

"No? Shall I remind you of the other night, when you made me beg before you parted---"

Khushi slapped her hand against his mouth, and warned him with her eyes.

It was a wasted warning.

He deftly removed her hand, and pinned both her arms above her head with his left arm. Trailing his right hand slowly down her face, her neck and over her breasts, where he lingered, he said, "it disturbs you to see me undressed because---" he was now undoing the front buttons on her kameez "---it makes you want me desperately.  And that makes you anxious, because it tells you how much you depend on what we share in this room."

Her eyes grew wider not only from the accuracy of his understanding, but from the fact that he had now parted her top and was looking at her breasts, which swelled above the violet half-cup bra. "You have excellent taste in lingerie, Miss Gupta," he said with appreciation.

"It's Mrs Raizada," she swiftly corrected.

He wet his thumb and slipped it into one bra cup to toy with her nipple.

She couldn't prevent the sigh that escaped her lips.

Arnav heard it and met her eyes, as his finger joined his thumb and tugged at her. She squirmed breathlessly from the intensity of the sensation, and he briefly stopped and moved to caress her midriff. "Beautiful," he whispered, and bent to lick and kiss and nip at her tummy.

Khushi was an instant pool of hot wetness when he went anywhere near her navel. Her eyes fluttered close as a pleasure reflex. Arnav lifted himself onto one elbow. "Or do you tease me to take control out of my hands?" he asked, as he pressed himself against her churidar-clad thighs. "You made me beg the other night, and you felt powerful, didn't you? You want to control Arnav Singh Raizada."

Yes! She heard yet another deep truth in his words. Yes, she took pleasure in knowing she could affect him in the bedroom. Touching him gave her that same gratification; he had taught her how he enjoyed being touched and now she had a soft power; power to withhold or provide. The other night, when he pleaded with her for a mere look, she made him beg even longer for a full touch. Her mind replayed that darkened intensity in his eyes as he had whispered in her ear: Please. I need you, Khushi. Please. Now! The memory of the passion that ignited between them that night made her want to yield to him this instant.

But, she couldn't. Not yet!

She ignored that pesky voice that told her that both could not win this game of control.

Instead she said sweetly, speaking an outright lie. "I don't share your obsession for power and control, Mr Raizada."

"Liar" he stated softly. "You love control as much as you love this," he said, cupping her womanhood through the churidar. 

His brazen touch was not gentle.

It surprised her. It was unanticipated. And its instant and overpowering effect on her body was also unanticipated. Her body arched towards his hand. "Should I remove this churidar, Khushi?" he asked, tugging at the fabric pressed against the red-hot centre of her being.

Khushi forgot all about her game. She bit into her lower lip, and nodded.

"Then admit that you are a tease," he demanded.

"I will if you admit that you are also a tease," she countered.

He let out a laugh. But didn't torture her further.  He tore her churidar off, and released her arms. She lifted onto her elbows, and watched with open pleasure as he divested himself of his underwear. Arnav's eyes never left hers, and she was highly conscious that pure naked unadulterated desire was pouring out of her eyes. She had no wish to hide it. She had lost this round and now she was determined to savour her defeat.

In this game, one could lose yet win at the same time, she decided, as Arnav reached for her.

IT WAS RIGHT THAT THE ARROGANT BE PUNISHED, and Arnav was almost immediately shown how little real control he had over his wife when the matriarchs of their families decided otherwise. The bell had sounded and they were all gathered at the breakfast table. Nani had just informed Khushi and Payal that Buaji had called this morning to invite the two girls over for the day. It seems that some family friends from Lucknow were in Delhi, and staying with the Guptas. Khushi was opposite Arnav, serving Mama, but her eyes lifted to his. Arnav read in her eyes that she wanted to go. He was aware that it was only for the day, and only during the hours that he himself would be at the office, away from home; however, his brain somehow registered this entire scheme as a loss. He salvaged the situation by announcing that the driver should drop them off, but he himself would pick them up on his way home from the office. He would control the time of her return.

Nani interrupted to say, "Nahin, Chotte---the driver should remain with them, in case they wish to go out with their guests, a car will be available."

It was futile to argue the point now, Arnav decided. He could easily dismiss the driver by mid-afternoon and still go to pick her up.

Arnav had one more question: "Who are these guests?"

Nani said Buaji had not mentioned and Khushi and Payal shrugged.

The day was beginning badly for him, Arnav noted.

By Jalebi Jane

Edited by JalebiJane - 7 years ago
JalebiJane thumbnail

KHUSHI by Jalebi Jane (EPISODE 039)

WE MUST UNDERSTAND that Arnav was not jaded; though he may not speak sentimentally, he knew what he knew. He knew that Khushi had become his one reference point; his magnetic north; his journey and his destination. He could not measure his day unless he had felt her pulse and tasted her breath.

That part was not complicated.

What he failed to understand was how to live with this weighty emotion on a daily basis. His heart had seen monumental loss, and his response was to keep those he loved near him and preferably under his thumb. This was not the way to be, of course---but who amongst us has the courage to explain this to Arnav Singh Raizada?

When he went upstairs to fetch his briefcase, Khushi was standing in front of the long mirror struggling to fasten a necklace. One end was looped through her hair, thus the more she pulled, the more she winced.

"Wait, you're hurting yourself," he said, approaching her, and taking over. His hands brushed her fingertips as he caught the weight of her hair to move it out of the way. Their eyes joined in the mirror's reflection. He had no doubt that she felt what he felt. That smouldering fire that was always there, burning quietly, ready to leap up and consume them in a moment. His eyes skimmed over her body, and his hands slid over her waist and came to rest on her hips.

This saree? was his unspoken question.

Khushi responded with voice. "A gift from Amma. I thought I would wear this today. It will please her to see me in it."

In brief, that was his wife: Ever conscious of what could bring happiness to others. It was not a saree he would have selected for her---but he saw that she had paired it with a halter blouse from one of the sarees he had gifted her with, and that transformed it from something ordinary to something spectacular. She shimmered.

He turned her in his arms so she was facing him. Brushing some wisps of hair from her cheek, he stated, "you'll be pressed to stay the night and you are to say 'no'---are we agreed on that, Khushi?"

"Lekin---"

"No," he stopped her with a finger across her lips, "enjoy your visit, stay for dinner, but remember you sleep only with me."

KHUSHI FELT THE WEIGHT of the promise Arnav had extracted from her the moment she and Payal stepped out of the car; they were besieged by questions of where was their overnight bag and how long could they stay. Payal had no difficulties with Akaash, as he seemed to comprehend the protocol of the bride's first visit home. Khushi, on the other hand, answered to the one who had his own worldview. She didn't say she could not stay; nor did she say she could. Instead she busied herself with greeting the guests.

The Malhotras consisted of a widow, her son Yash and Yash's four-year old daughter. We have much to say about Yash Malhotra, Sisters, as he is an interesting figure in his own right, but suffice it to say that he had not named his own daughter, Khushi, spontaneously nor frivolously.  Yash was a surgeon who had returned recently from America. He informed Khushi that he had joined the City Hospital in Lucknow and intended to make that his home once again. The old Khushi would have demanded details from this family friend, such as why he had left India so suddenly four years ago, and about his little girl, and also why he had been so silent these four years---but this new Khushi did not press him. 

When one's own life cannot bear close scrutiny, it quickly cures one from cross-examining others.

Like all daughters, Khushi and Payal instantly resettled into their previous roles and with the Malhotras there. It felt as though they were all in Lucknow again. They talked of old memories and forged future plans. The recent past was omitted. The Malhotras did not ask how it was that Khushi's wedding invitation had not been enclosed when they received Payal's wedding invitation. And the Guptas did not ask why Yash had a young child but they had never received his wedding invitation. It was the ideal way for old friends to be; to speak only on that which did not disturb the other.

Late in the afternoon, while the oldies rested, Yash, Payal, Khushi and Little Khushi snuck out to Chandni Chowk for chaat. While they were munching away, Akaash called Payal and between the two it was decided that on their way home, they would have the Raizada driver stop by ARGroup offices to introduce their guest. Payal immediately had some chaat packaged to take to Akaash.

Yash asked Khushi, "Khush, shall we get a plate for your husband?"

Khushi shook her head. "Nahin, he won't enjoy it."

"Gulab jamuns?" Yash suggested, pointing to a vendor.

"He's diabetic."

"Something else then. I can't visit your husband's office for the first time empty-handed," Yash pressed, laughing.

She smiled in reply, "he won't be offended."

Payal caught this comment, and feeling at ease with their old friend, she openly teased, "prepare yourself to meet my Jetji, Yash---he is the exact opposite of Khushi. Where she's all masti, he's all gussa."

"A case of opposites attract?" he asked, his eyes on Khushi.

Khushi gave a smile combined with a shrug. For months she herself had unceasingly criticized Arnav's faults, but now it seemed a gross injustice when Payal reduced his complex character to all gussa.' Her loyalty was piqued, and she marvelled at the shift love had wrought within her.

"YES?" Arnav answered the internal line.

"It's Khushi."

Khushi? Here?

"Where are you?" he asked.

"I'm in the conference room with Jiju. If you're not busy, may I introduce you to our friend visiting from Lucknow?"

"Sure. Come to my office."

From Arnav's office, he had a view of the entire lower floor, as well as the staircase which led from the conference room. Khushi descended, crossed the floor and climbed up to his office. In his wife's arms, was a young child nuzzled up to her neck---and next to her was a tall well-built man, in his early thirties. Had Arnav not known the contrary, from this distance, the group climbing towards him appeared a young family.

Khushi entered first and rather than coming to stand next to him, she remained opposite. She smiled at her friend and said, "Dr Yash Malhotra---this is my husband, Arnav Singh Raizada."

They shook hands cordially.

Dr Yash Malhotra indicated the child. "This is my daughter, Khushi. Say namaste, darling."

Now, Sisters---Arnav was nothing if not a man of composure; however, even he would admit a degree of discomposure when he learnt that his wife and this man's daughter shared the same name.

"Khush was saying that you are also from Lucknow," Dr Malhotra said.

Khush! More discomposure. Did this man call her 'Khush'?'

Arnav caught Khushi's eyes wanting to read her response to this verbal intimacy, but her eyes were on the child, who was playing with her necklace.

"Yes. A lifetime ago," Arnav said. He was not proficient at small talk, even at the best of times.

"One leaves Lucknow, but it never leaves us," the man stated. He looked at Khushi, drawing her into the conversation, "don't you agree?"

Khushi smiled and nodded in agreement. "I sometimes dream of Lucknow," she added.

Arnav asked, "you've been away?"

"I've been living in America for the past 4 years, but now I'm home. For good."

There was a little bit more of the chit-chat of which the burden fell mostly to Khushi and Yash.

Khushi then said to Arnav, "we'll leave you to your work then."

The two gentlemen shook hands again.

"Dr Malhotra, will you give us a moment?" Arnav said, stopping Khushi with his hand as she turned to leave the office.

"Please call me Yash," he insisted. Then lifting his daughter from Khushi's arms, he left the office.

Arnav rested against the edge of his desk and taking her hands, he drew Khushi near. She seemed self-conscious. He didn't want to speculate whether it had to do with Dr Malhotra's presence below.

"I'll come to Buaji's for dinner, then we can go home together," he said. If Khushi was surprised by his words, Arnav was no less surprised. He had not planned that, but as it was said, he realized it was a good plan.

"They would like me to stay the night," Khushi said, her eyes touching on his.

"Then they will be disappointed."

"Buaji has called Naniji. Jiji is staying the night," Khushi elaborated.

Arnav felt irritation rise in him. But he chewed back his words and said instead, "you can stay as late as you wish, and when you are ready for bed, I'll pick you up. And I'll drop you back first thing tomorrow morning."

Khushi shook her head. "No, come for dinner and we'll go home together. I'll make Buaji understand."

She began to step away, and he stopped her. "Khushi, you looked especially beautiful with that child in your arms."

Khushi was smiling as she left his office.

By Jalebi Jane

Edited by JalebiJane - 7 years ago