manugan thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
Our detective khushi s on the mission
JalebiJane thumbnail
Originally posted by: WanieA

Hi JJ..

Thank u so so so much for sharing your stories again. i may have missed it when u initially written it but  hello hi bye bye..i am certainly ain't gonna miss it now..i been going crazy reading your update as a silent reader. Just wana say thank u again and keep the episodes rolling..small request..when ur blogs is up..please add me in.👍🏼

Sure, Sister. Email me as I prefer that to PM'ing :-)
ttann thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Have been enjoying reading your updates everyday.Do let us know when will you be reopening your blog? 
pakpearl thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Awesome..

Khushi can't help taking advantage of the opportunity n checked Shyam's mobile..

Arnav's reaction is yet to be seen..

canapoem thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
What surprised me in Ipk is how blindly Anjali trusted Shyam.
If a husband is over sweet always, the first question that should come to a wife's mind is this is not normal.

Of course you maintained it as this is an extension of the story. 
Like a obedient slave Anjali switched off her husbands phone. 

But I am glad Khushi is not like Anjali. 

Like a James Bond she collected some information. 

I just hope Arnav does not get mad at her.
nisha_mehta thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Waiting to see how arnav will react now that he knows that khushi went ahead with her plan despite of him telling her not to do anything.
Continue soon 
Anu567 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5
Maya,
Love Agent Khushi's detective-giri! And quite honestly she will be more effective than Mr Chopra in dealing with rabble like Shyam, simply because she knows the way he operates. Although we got to see Arnav and Khushi play detective on the show fo a short period in the run up to unmasking Shyam, this one is a more impactful a scene by far. Loved the bits of Khushi staring at her husband and giving her thoughts free reign like any woman in love. And imperious Arnav Singh Raizada might issue any diktat about staying away from Shyma and the investigation, but why would she even think of following the Laad Governor's every word?! Too much fun! 👏

Hugs,

Anu
JalebiJane thumbnail

KHUSHI by Jalebi Jane (EPISODE 036)

KHUSHI EXTENDED THE SHEAF OF PAPERS towards him and stated, "I made some notes from information found on Shyam's telephone."

Her husband didn't even glance at the papers she held; his eyes remained focused on her. His eyes: inscrutable. His mouth:silent.

I can assure you, Sisters, that here Khushi began to panic slightly. It was the unbearable silence. She was accustomed to Arnav Singh Raizada's renown gussa. Indeed, factoring in his temper was part of the daily negotiation of living with this man; she wouldn't know what to do without it. And in any case, her entire practiced speech was designed to pacify his anger. He would say 'what-the' and she would reply it was 'unintentional' and he would say 'unbelievable' and she would say...

But if he didn't follow his script, she was lost. Ab kya bolu? 

Clearly her actions had sent her husband into some sort of shock. She gave the papers a bit of a shake to prompt him.

Still nothing. 

Finally she had to ask, "have you nothing to say to me?"

Arnav tilted his head, and after a moment's thought, he said, "your hand-writing is worse than mine."

"Kya?!"

He indicated the papers with his chin. "Understandable. You were nervous. Rushed. Worried you would get caught. Concerned about my reaction. Explains the shaky penmanship."

It was Khushi in shock now. 

"You are not angry? I flouted your instructions," she said, carefully. "You clearly said, 'under no circumstances' and look what I did," she continued in a puzzled state. "You ought to be furious with me!" She was so taken aback by his unexpected reaction that her tongue flowed uncontrollably.

He shrugged, and said in English, "you acted as you saw right. Desperate times call for desperate measures." He explained, "I saw the notes in the locker when I came home this evening. And it fell into place. You see---I called Di earlier to ask about her doctor appointment, and Shyam answered. When I learnt of the phone switch---" here Arnav's mouth broke into a smile, "---I wondered if my disobedient wife had switched their phones on purpose."

Khushi gasped, her eyes widening with glee. "Oh, I wish I had thought of that!"

Arnav closed the distance between them and pinned her against the mirror. "So you didn't orchestrate it?" he asked.

She shook her head, and boasted, "no, but I had the quick mind to act on opportunity."

"Quick mind?" Arnav gave a laugh. "You simply benefitted from a coincidence!"

Khushi grinned, and said, "I was more worried about your reaction."  Relishing the relief of his easy acceptance, she wrapped her arms around Arnav's neck. "I fully expected to sleep by the pool tonight."

He looked away---perhaps humbled at being reminded of his notorious behaviour. He then cupped her face in his hands, and took her mouth, gently. She sighed with bliss, and parted her mouth to welcome his tongue. But this kiss was not a prelude to further pleasure. She broke it off abruptly and slipped past him. "I'm supposed to be preparing dinner," she reminded him, unlatching the door.

Before she left the room, Arnav stopped her with his voice. "Khushi?"

She looked back. "Ji?"

"Not bad work," he said casually, indicating the notes.

She smiled, and tapped her temple to indicate her prodigious dimaag, and turned to leave.

Again, he stopped her. "Khushi?"

"Ji?"

"You did disobey me, and for that you will have to be severely punished later tonight."

It was the promise in his smirk which gave Khushi a bounce in her step as she ran downstairs to the kitchen.

AN UNFAMILIAR BELL RANG from somewhere in the house. It was a sound distinct from the front doorbell. Nor did it sound like the chimes which pealed from the house-mandir. Arnav gave it but a moment of his attention, then returned to his work. A few minutes later it disturbed his quiet again. He slammed close his laptop, and strode out of the bedroom to investigate. From the upper landing, he saw his family gathered around the dinner table. He went to join them.

"Chotte, did you not hear the first bell?" his sister asked, as he slid into his chair.

He looked up at her. "Yeah, what was that? It rang twice," he asked.

"That's our new bell to signal meal times," she explained, smiling.

"What?" He frowned, and said carelessly, "are we in school? Whose ridiculous idea is this?"

Khushi had just entered the dining area with a bowl of dahi, and Arnav saw her halt and hesitate at his words. She coloured and her eyes lowered to the floor. Disconcerted by her behaviour, he then noticed that all silent eyes were on Khushi.

Shyam was the only one not made speechless.

"It was our head-teacher, Khushiji's idea," he said. His words contained such bile that even those around the table unaware of Shyam's true nature, turned a questioning eye towards him.  Shyam quickly repainted his words, and said, "are you all forgetting that Khushiji first came to this house as a teacher. To Lavanya, remember?" Shyam had grown visibly braver---and meaner---since the incident by the pool with Khushi: he could no longer pretend Khushi was his, and so there was no need to impress her with sweet words. He was a wounded animal. Desperate to wound others so he could taste blood other than his own. He went even farther. "Isn't it ironic that Khushiji came to this house to teach Lavanya how to be a proper wife to my brother-in-law, but the teacher herself replaced the student." He laughed in a good-humoured way to suggest he spoke with light-hearted fun. Nobody joined his laughter.

Not even his own wife.

We can easily imagine what Arnav's emotions were. White hot anger rose in his chest. Anger at that man---and anger at himself.  For it was his careless question that exposed Khushi to Shyam's malice. He came to his feet to address Shyam's insolence, but before he could speak, he felt Khushi's hand on his forearm, urging him back into his seat. "Were you looking for the dahi, Arnavji? Here it is," she said, her voice subdued.

Arnav sat down, knowing she possessed the cooler head and knowing that anything he said would hurt his sister most of all. He tried to make eye contact with Khushi as she spooned some dahi into a bowl for him, but she avoided looking at him. She filled his plate with the various dishes he enjoyed. Fetched hot rotis from the kitchen for his plate. Moved away briefly, and returned with his sugar-free kheer which she placed close by his hand. Finally, she filled his tumbler from the water jug. Her natural and seemingly inborn ability to address all his needs made him wish his thoughtless words could be unsaid. He ought to have known that the bell idea---a rather practical and expedient solution for a large household---would have come from his sensible wife.

The bell discussion continued, most likely to make him feel worse.

Anjali was saying, "I like the bell. It will save Hariprakash from running all over the house to gather us. We're always waiting for one person or the other, and as Bhabhi said, hot food should be consumed while hot."

"True," Nani added. "Soon there will be children in this house, and who will chase them down for mealtimes?" She patted Khushi's arm and stated, "the bell stays."

Once everyone was served, Khushi and Payal sat. Before Arnav could reach for her hand under the table, he felt Khushi's hand on his thigh. He was never more grateful for her touch than in that moment, and never more conscious of the forgiving heart of this woman whom he would probably never fully deserve.

WITH DINNER COMPLETED, Khushi stood---but as she moved past Arnav, he caught her wrist, and swung her around. She collided into him. Her eyes darted to the others, and she gave him that look which he interpreted as what-the?

His lips touched her ear lobe. She sucked in a short breath. "Go change into a suit. We'll go for a ride," he whispered.

"Abhi?"

"Hurry."

By Jalebi Jane

Edited by JalebiJane - 7 years ago
mansi0606 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Episode 24

That confession was ASR style, out of the blue. 
i was like  " Aww!" at the end of the episode