Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Angie12 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: aviation-ca

Angie,

Stay warm in all the snowstorm, are you guys back to normal??? We are enjoying 70 degree weather here...

I agree with Sita's makeup... esp. the really really bright pink eye shadow... but then hopefully the Vanvas scenes would have to be toned down right?????

& I don't know why but some scenes had some weird colors, faces was yellowish green...

BTW, agreed with Tulsidas Ramayan.. I actually fell in love with Rama's character after Swamiji went over that text one year... but I would be wary of adapting it straight on, because Tulsidas wrote it in Bhakthi perspective (I think that is why you get those inane dialog).. to him Rama is a god (& does refer to him as Narayan)

I wish they had followed Valmiki Ramayan for Parshuram meeting.. which is actually on the way back after the wedding..

I agree with the different units, you can see it in the quality of finished product.. I too wish Manish was the Ravana.. but at least the present guy is improving, now that he is being dubbed...

I think it will continue to be up & down, for Swayamvar, they brought in their best team...

I actually enjoyed the snow storm as it is unusual to get so much snow in DC.  DC this time had more snow than even Boston.  Plus I got to work from home for four days from Friday until today.  My car is still stuck as my husband is shoveling the snow in shifts.  Hopefully by the end of this week, I can drive it.

Agree about Tulsi.  He was genius in writing skills but his approach was bhakti.  Also I call him Suraj Bharjatya of Ramayan authors - everyone is goody goody.  Even Manthra had momentarily lapse and it was all because of Gods plans.  Even kidnapped Sita is the fake one.

So I don't want to see that God version either.  Parshuram and Lakshman discussion is good in his Ramayan but I prefer Valmiki version which treated Ram more as a human.  

I am also hoping that Vanvas makeup would really make the actress look her best.  Too much pink, red and oranges.  

Also hopefully not much of Saas-bahu serial where Kakayi acts the bad scheming saas and Sita the mahan bahu trying to impress Kakayi.  

I liked the expressions of Dashrath when Kaushalya and Sumitra asked him to tell Kakayi about Ram's wedding.  He knows her quite well and is aware that she can pull her tantrums.  

Chemistry wise,  there is more between Lakshman and Urmila than Ram and Sita at this point.  Also they are contrasting the relationship between them with the relationship of Ram and Sita.  Hopefully, they will show Urmila's feelings about being left behind when the three go together.  Urmila is the most neglected character of Ramayan whose feelings were never shown.  Lakshman was so devoted to Ram that he did injustice to Urmila.  \

Yes, dubbing Raavan was a good decision as his diction was not good.  Probably Hindi not being his first language was the big problem.  Talking about language problem, the actress playing Helena in Ashoka is phenomenal.  Her voice is not dubbed and she acts so well while speaking these pure Hindi dialogues.  And her chemistry with Chanakya was so great.  Unfortunately, they killed Chanakya and she is sidelined to a great extent while they stretch the show like a rubber band.  So the show is completely ruined.
Angie12 thumbnail
Talking about Ramayan,  finally watched Bahubali on TV a month ago.  Just loved the movie despite some inane item songs and unnecessary romance track.  My 9 year nephew has watched it twice and he does not even understand the language fully.
I was completely blown away by the music especially that Shiv Shrot that was played in the background when Bahubali was lifting the Shivling.  Raavan was the author of that stuti and words are so beautiful.   Ramanand Sagar's Ramayan had that stuti sung by the guy (Arvind Trivedi) who played Raavan. 
aviation-ca thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
Angie, didn't know you were in DC, for some reason thought you were in NY ðŸ˜•...

Siya Ram update:

Show is so uneven..  some episodes are watchable, some are intolerable...

I think Manish must have quit the show??? Haven't seen him post Swayamwar.. even there, he had minimal role, most underutilized actor...

The whole Ravana & the goddess of death (or whatever that character).. all I can say is that my Sunday afternoon lost an hour... in addition to the snake guy...

Still no chemistry between the leads.. it is going to be a long Vanwas for us viewers.. only saving grace will be Lakshman.. though as my mom commented.. this one seems to be having too much fun 😆.. Lakshman was supposed to be the utterly serious one...

What I liked was the gentle leg pulling from Ram to Lakshman... the girls leg pulling was also good...

The entire excitement of marriage is somehow not coming across.. actually at this point, I would welcome even the Saas-Bahu drama to liven up the drama quotient... since I almost fall asleep catching the episode at 10:30..

I have not seen many Mythological shows but the CGI is very shoddy.. the background "actors" even worse.. where do they get these people.. according to my son, they need to be paid more so they can act...

But still watching... 😳

Angie12 thumbnail
Hello everyone, long time... Was so busy that just could not get time to come to the forum.
Aruna:  Now I realize the trauma you had while renovating your kitchen.  I thought my kitchen renovation would finish by the end of Feb.  Now it is end of March and still not done.  Now I have some guests coming in two weeks.  Hopefully, I can get it done before they come.

On the serial front,  not watching anything regularly.  Gave up on Siya Ke Ram as was finding it too boring.  Now started watching again for Dasrath scenes.  Have to say that Dilip Tahil is the best thing of Siya Ke Ram.  Kakayi was another one.  These two characters are so well written.  Hopefully the same writers would write for Ram and Sita.  From Raavan's family, I like Mandodari who has layers.  Anyway, the exile scenes are done quite well.  Ashish as a Ram has also settled in his role.  Better chemistry between Ram and Sita but still not the one that would make them stand out.  Ram and Lakshman has more chemistry than Ram and Sita.   

But there are couple of serials that are different.  One is Tamanna - Wasim Sabir's show (EBP director).  I have only watched 3-4 episodes as it comes quite late and I go to sleep  by that time.  Thought it would be another typical show, but the story is very different.    No saas-bahu angle but a controlling husband and the story is being shown in flashback.  A very realistic female lead character and also the male lead is not a hero.  He is the reason for all the problems in her life.  

Other one watching on and off is a comedy show - Bahu hamari rajnikant.  It is not subtle comedy (Indian serials never have that).  But it is refreshing as the female lead is a robot and is made by hero based on Hindi serials - the perfect bahu.  So it is quite a spoof on Hindi serial heroines.  

aviation-ca thumbnail

Originally posted by: Angie12

Hello everyone, long time... Was so busy that just could not get time to come to the forum.

Aruna:  Now I realize the trauma you had while renovating your kitchen.  I thought my kitchen renovation would finish by the end of Feb.  Now it is end of March and still not done.  Now I have some guests coming in two weeks.  Hopefully, I can get it done before they come.

On the serial front,  not watching anything regularly.  Gave up on Siya Ke Ram as was finding it too boring.  Now started watching again for Dasrath scenes.  Have to say that Dilip Tahil is the best thing of Siya Ke Ram.  Kakayi was another one.  These two characters are so well written.  Hopefully the same writers would write for Ram and Sita.  From Raavan's family, I like Mandodari who has layers.  Anyway, the exile scenes are done quite well.  Ashish as a Ram has also settled in his role.  Better chemistry between Ram and Sita but still not the one that would make them stand out.  Ram and Lakshman has more chemistry than Ram and Sita.   

But there are couple of serials that are different.  One is Tamanna - Wasim Sabir's show (EBP director).  I have only watched 3-4 episodes as it comes quite late and I go to sleep  by that time.  Thought it would be another typical show, but the story is very different.    No saas-bahu angle but a controlling husband and the story is being shown in flashback.  A very realistic female lead character and also the male lead is not a hero.  He is the reason for all the problems in her life.  

Other one watching on and off is a comedy show - Bahu hamari rajnikant.  It is not subtle comedy (Indian serials never have that).  But it is refreshing as the female lead is a robot and is made by hero based on Hindi serials - the perfect bahu.  So it is quite a spoof on Hindi serial heroines.  

Logged in after a long-long time.. I am still watching Siya Ram.. it has its moments.. Ravana & Ram are getting better...Vanvas scenes with Dalip Tahil was very emotional.. initially loved Bharata's anguish & anger.. but now it has degenerated to self-pity.,, which I abhor... 

They are trying to show some :Romance: in forest, but really ðŸ˜²... 

Sita gets on my nerves.. I still don't get any other point of views here.. it is still a story of Ram, with some gratuitous dialogs from Sita.. at least the horrid red eye makeup is gone..

I wish I had Colors, thought the show Rajini Kant was interesting with good promos.. but since I don't it is ok.. I thought about Tammana, but somehow don't like the idea of marriage breakups esp if there are little kids.. don't feel comfortable watching it esp. with my son around...

I am waiting for Satya Ka Kiran on Zee TV, limited episodes murder mystery

I still religiously watch IPKKND season 1, now my son sits with me after his homework & has some funny running commentary to go with it... to my surprise he seems to like it ðŸ˜†...

My daughter home during Spring Break sat with me for couple of episodes to make fun of it.. but ended up starting watching from episode 1, which I had DVRd & wants to watch it during her summer break.. 

Other than that.. I am watching the reality show called Presidential election here in US.. esp. The Donald.. I am waiting for him to come to California, so I can attend a rally if possible.. went to Mr. Cruz one across the street from where I work recently.. but just couldn't stand his nasaly voice & his sermonizing voice.. just walked out after 10 min...

Good luck on your Kitchen Renovations.. towards the end we were just like, whatever, just give our kitchen back ðŸ˜¡.. hope you are done by now...
Angie12 thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
Hi everyone, 
Back after a long time.  Don't see much activity on the thread.  But still writing in hopes that somebody would be coming here.  

Aruna,  Finally my kitchen finished but I really wanted to kill my contractor by the end of it.  Just wanted him to get out.  I had some other work that I had asked him to do.  By the end,  I didn't care and just asked him to finish off and leave the other work.  Then got busy with an exam that just finished last week.  I just realized that I have no tolerance for this competition type exams anymore.  

Now free from all.  On the serial front, I have stopped watching almost all the serials as they are just too boring.  The only one I watch these days is "Bahu hamari rajnikant" as it has humor and it spoofs the exaggerated characters of serials and definition of "adarash bahu".  Also the cast is quite good.

There were two serials that started yesterday.  I watched one (Shakti - Astitva ek ehsas ki) out of curiosity as Colors were advertising it a lot.  Seems like a old wine in a new bottle.  Two sisters - one is discriminated against to the extent that she is not even allowed to step foot outside the house and other one is pampered.  Seems like a version of choti bahu with father/grandmother evil ones and mother supposedly the good one.  Except the mother is coming across as an abuser too who is just obsessed with the elder daughter where she is unknowingly mentally torturing her.  So the little abused girl is the one who is the victim by the entire family.   Anyway, I will see few more episodes to see if there is anything worth watching.  It is going to degenerate into typical serial with both sisters falling for the same guy.

The other one is a mythology combo - Nagarjuna.  It has good visual effects.  But the leads don't seem interesting and only one or two supporting actors are good so far.

I have given up on Siya Ke Ram and haven't watched it for at least two months.  So not sure what is going on.  But Sita is so boring and so preachy that she got on my nerves.  I watched few minutes of one episode but gave up when they showed demon wives and kids being depicted as innocent ones whose husbands/fathers were killed by Ram and Lakshman with Sita getting really teary eyed at their plight.  Grey characters are good to show but then when the evil stuff starts getting justified, it gets on my nerves.   

I had watched few episodes of Tamanna and thought it was a different theme.  But they then made a  mish mash of it with "chak de" and "To Sir with Love" type of themes.  So too many things and too cheesy for my taste.  

aviation-ca thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
Logged in after a long-long time.. since nothing interesting going on in serial front & this thread was silent too..
Glad your kitchen is done.. I know the feeling, towards the end it was just make it functional so I can get on with my life...

As for exams.. glad it is behind you, now enjoy your summer..

I watch Siya ke Ram since for some reason, it is quality time with my son. He likes to curl up beside me & watch this one & IPKKND season 1, before going to bed.. so I continued just spend some time with him... now my daughter (on break) too...

It has its ups & downs... I too sometimes want to mute Sita's lectures.. they showed her litterly blackmail Lakshman to go help Rama, threatening to commit suicide.. by the time Ravana kidnapped her, the only feeling I had was well she deserved it...

Now they showed that Parvati comes to Asoka Vatika & shows her that she is Lakshmi & Rama is Vishnu.. first time I have heard that angle... 

They are now in Vali & Sugriva fight, some palace intrigue in Lanka.. 
Let me know if you see any good ones..