ShraMan OS: Happy Birthday

astonm thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Engager 2 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 7 years ago
I present to you more future-fluff because I am a fluff-ball.

Happy Birthday

I was awoken by the clatter of something falling onto the floor, possibly a pan,I shot up in the bed and noticed that Shravan was not beside me, well if he was beside me then I wouldn't have been able to shoot up like I did because his arms were always wrapped around me, he was definitely a cuddler.
I blinked a few times trying to wake myself up, the watch on the side table indicated that it was 7am on a Sunday morning. I could hear the birds chirping outside, the bedroom window was open letting in the fresh salty morning air that was characteristic of seaside towns, Shravan had insisted on vacationing in a little costal town in Cornwall, England - he had discovered it while at Oxford and fell in love with it. I could see why, I was amazed by the beauty of St. Ives, a town on the coast of the Celtic Sea, when I had first visited about six years ago. Shravan claimed it was the most peaceful place on Earth for him, and I could see why.

I slowly and unwillingly got off the comfy bed and grabbed Shravan's white long-sleeved t-shirt, which hung haphazardly from the couch where I had thrown it last night, and pulled it on. It almost went up to my knees with how tall he was. I quietly made my way towards the bedroom door and opened it just a crack to peek outside. I could hear hushed whispers coming from the kitchen so I tiptoed out of the room and walked down the hall so I could see what was happening.

Shravan was standing behind the kitchen island with Sneha and Samar sitting on the island on either side of him, all three of them were in their pajamas. Well the kids were in their favourite pajamas, and my sexy husband was in his pajama pants, sans shirt and I was really enjoying the sight. Shravan was stirring something in a big blue bowl and Sneha and Samar seemed to be throwing little chocolate chips into it one by one, they were counting as they put it in too, and they were currently on number 86.

"I think that's enough chocolate munchkins." Shravan said to them quietly.

"No Daddy! Mommy loves chocolate." Samar said stressing the word loves, the truth was that the two of them loved chocolate more than I did, Samar especially had a sweet tooth and a way of getting me to make him his favourite sweets, his pout was irresistible, especially with those huge eyes that reminded me of his father's.

"Yeah, we need more chocolate." Sneha nodded along while throwing in more chocolate chips, she loved her sweets but was a fan of spicy and salty foods like her father, but when it came to chocolate...well, chocolate was chocolate.

"One hundred!" Samar said as he dropped in another one. "What comes after 100?" He asked making me smile, he was still learning to count at the age of 3.5.

"101." Answered Shravan. "But we can stop now, 100 is the perfect amount of chocolate chips."

"I agree." Sneha said.

"Me too!" Samar piped up.

"Okay then, the recipe says that we need to mix everything and then put it in the cake pan. Now what is a cake pan?" He murmured and I stifled my laughter as I stood peeking through the door that led into the living room/kitchen area. This had to be the most adorable thing in the world.

"Momma is right, you are hopeless in the kitchen!" Sneha sighed putting her elbow on her knee and resting her head in her hand, she was such a drama queen, such a cute one though at the mere age of 5.

"Hey, that is mean." Shravan said tapping her nose.

"But daddy, you told us not to lie." Samar said and Sneha nodded, Samar always backed up his older sister, he adored her just as much as she adored him. I watched amused as Shravan sighed, he was probably thinking about how our children took after me.

"Okay, help daddy find a cake pan." Shravan said as he looked around the kitchen like a lost puppy, he was so cute.

"Should I wake up mommy?" Sneha asked.

"No, we have to do this ourselves."

"But what if the cake is bad daddy?" Samar asked.

"It won't be." Shravan said, sounding sure of himself. I rolled my eyes, his cooking skills had improved over the years but he sounded like he had the coveted Michelin Stars.

"Mommy makes cake in the round metal thing." Sneha said and Shravan nodded before opening and closing all the cabinets until he pulled out the right pan.

"This one?"

"Yeah." Sneha said as he put the pan on the island and picked up his phone again.

"Okay, so we need wax paper...what is wax paper?" He murmured reading from the screen.

"How are we supposed to know? You're the dad." Samar whispered exasperated causing me to giggle, he threw his arms up too like a little monkey.

"Daddy down!" Sneha said wiggling her hands in front of her in the universal pick me up sign. Shravan picked her up off the kitchen counter and put her down on the floor, Sneha ran towards the drawers, her ponytail jumping with her, and opened the third one before pulling out the roll of wax paper. She was mommy's little cooking helper so she knew where a lot of things were.

"Thank you princess." Shravan smiled picking her up again and putting her on the counter. I watched amused as Samar and Sneha rolled out the wax paper in the pan and held it in place as Shravan poured the batter into the cake pan. I sighed happily, they were so cute, sometimes I couldn't deal with it.

"Okay, now we put it in the oven." Shravan said reading something on his phone and putting the cake pan in the oven before pressing a few buttons.

"Where is the icing?" Sneha piped up.

"I hid it in the fridge with dad's potein shakes, mommy doesn't look there!" Samar giggled.

"Protein shakes buddy." Shravan smiled before reaching into the fridge and pulling out two tubes of icing.

"Mommy's birthday card?" Sneha asked, ticking off her mental checklist.

"Daddy down!" Samar said this time, Shravan picked him up and put him on the floor before walking to the sink to do the dishes. I watched as Samar ran towards the living room, he was so adorable with his cute little run. He picked up the side of the carpet and pulled out a huge card and carefully walked back into the kitchen.

"Oooh, so pretty!" Sneha oohed over the card as Samar held it out in front of him, ah, so that's what they were working on.

"Mommy's presents?" Sneha said looking towards Shravan.

"Hid them in the closet." Shravan replied, ah, so that is why I wasn't allowed to go into the closet.

"Candles?" Sneha asked.

"Got them." Shravan replied with a smile as he washed the last bowl.

"Is the cake almost done?" Samar asked.

"Not yet buddy, it's going to take a while." Shravan said.

"Good job cleaning the kitchen daddy!" Sneha smiled, she knew how much I hated dirty kitchens.

Shravan wiped his hands with a towel and put Samar on the counter beside Sneha. "Thank you for helping me munchkins." He smiled.

"You're welcome." They said simultaneously as Shravan picked them both up and walked towards the living room, the sight always made my heart thump.

"Can we finish reading the next chapter of Narnia?" Sneha asked causing me to roll my eyes, my husband had managed to get both of his kids to fall in love with the type of books he loved, he was just awaiting the day when he could pull out his Harry Potter collection and start reading those.

I quietly tiptoed back into the bedroom and shut the door behind me. I pulled on my pajamas and shirt on before walking to the bathroom and washing my face and rinsing my mouth. I walked back into the room and lay back down in the bed again, if they wanted to surprise me I'd let them.

I guess I did fall asleep again because I was being awoken by little hands on my face and whispers of mommy. I opened my eyes to see Sneha and Samar on either side of me leaning over me giggling. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" They yelled and I felt a smile break out on my face.

"Thank you." I whispered.

"Why don't we let mommy sit up?" I heard Shravan say from somewhere behind them, they scrambled away a bit and I saw Shravan standing at the foot of the bed with a cake in his hand, sadly he was wearing a shirt now.

"WE MADE YOU CAKE MOMMY!" Samar and Sneha yelled, simultaneously.

"Oh wow! With lots of chocolate?" I asked and they frantically nodded before turning to their father and giving him their pointed I told you so look. They were so cute! Gah.

Shravan smiled at me and put the cake in front of me before leaning over and kissing my forehead. "Happy Birthday Sumo." He whispered looking down at me with a content smile on his face, it always managed to make my heart swell up with happiness.

"Daddy! Knife!" Sneha yelled looking at the cake, it was cute, vanilla cake with butter cream frosting.

"I got it!" Shravan laughed handing me the knife.

"Okay, here we go." I said blowing out the candle as the kids smiled and laughed.

X-X-X-X

You can find my other stories in my index, here.
Edited by astonm - 7 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TeriKhamoshiyan thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Awwh that was so cute! Imagining Shravan and Suman with two adorable kids is giving me all the fangirl daydreams. 

LIKE THANK YOU!๐Ÿ˜†

I loved how she was looking on from the outside like she was so content that this was her family, the people she loves that are all working to make her special day worthwhile. 

It was just too adorable! 
ShiViGot7NCTzen thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Awww The "S" Family
This was Lovelyโค๏ธ
You made my day buddy๐Ÿค—
canoodle thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
This was so touching! ๐Ÿ‘ I love how you take everyday things and turn them into something so cute, I loved how Sumo's just observing her family and they're making plans for her birthday! I can imagine ShraMan like this, I am only on episode 31, but I see what you meant when you said that this is a forever kind of couple. Thanks for getting me hooked on this show! ๐Ÿ˜†

-Meera
...-Riya-... thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Aww this was so effing cute.๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜† I loved how you named them all with S.๐Ÿ˜†
Euphoria_V thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
This was really cute.
Totally heart touching.
Pleasant OS.
Good job dear
Prasanthi thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
A really cute "happy birthday" morning. Enjoyed reading it. Good job!
sapphire3 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Such a cute os...transported directly to dreamland .. U are fantastic writer, I love to read ur works, it always makes me smile ๐Ÿ˜Š
Gurveen thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Again a beautiful future scene
Their children are too cute
They have gone on their parents
You are doing an awesome job
astonm thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Engager 2 Thumbnail + 5
@everyone, thanks guys! I am glad you liked it :)