ArHi FF || Serendipity #5 || CH 59 Pg 136 (JAN 16TH 2017) (new update) - Page 58

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

niyaarshian thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Beautifully written and a good plot to go with this. Would like to know how you take it forward.
The essaying of emotions was heart wrenching and at the same time hopeful. Hopeful of a new beginning, a new life.
I see that you haven't updated in quite some time but I do hope that you wont abandon this story because it deserves to be told.

Lovelyday thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Please update the story . It's been months and we are still here. I understand you have your commitments and life but yaar this was too good to just abandon midway . Please finish this one .
Amrita_12 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I have started rereading Serendipity and once again I am struck by brilliance and power of your words!! You are simply amazing!

I am once again caught up in this whirlwind of a story. I am loving Khushi, hating Arnav...I have to many feels right now.😊

If possible, please update soon. Cant want to find out more about the characters as this story is very special.
aamir18 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 7 years ago
A/N: If you are giving up on this story, I understand completely.   

Cr. to my beautiful, talented and absolutely wonderful friend, Aheli. Please check out her shop and her gorgeous creations

~Serendipity~
"aaccidental discovery"

Chapter Fifty-Two: Recovering
1,248 words

"So the mehendi artists are all confirmed for this weekend. Now, I should warn you that their work definitely will not be as good as the professionals back in Delhi, but they're the best we could find around here"

Arnav quietly typed an email as Khushi and Anjali flipped through pamphlets of mehendi designs, trying to narrow down which pattern would best complement the rest of her bridal attire. Aman had been running a high fever that morning, and unwilling to send Anjali alone for the exhaustive wedding preparations, he had begged Arnav to accompany his sister. But as luck would have it, the man did not need much convincing-- any opportunity to steal a few glimpses of Khushi was worth all its torture. He had not distracted her or gotten in her way, however, watching with silent admiration as she poured her heart into her work.

"Okay. I think that's about it," Khushi clapped excitedly. "We should be all set for Saturday. But Di, I insist you relax a bit before the big day." She covered Anjali's hand with her own, smiling warmly.

"You and Aman need to come home and join us for dinner at least once; Tarang and I have been dying to have you. We were planning to have a small get together at our home tomorrow evening and I insist you come. Plus, Tarang's cooking his 'world famous' biryani tomorrow, so there are no excuses" 

"But Khu--" 

"No excuses."

Uncertainly, Anjali's gaze traveled to her brother, who had wordlessly watched the exchange from his seat. Her eyes were questioning, as if seeking his permission to visit their home, but Arnav did not give anything away, shifting his attention back to his empty cup of coffee. She knew her brother would never refuse her, but somehow Anjali felt guilty about being entertained in a home that Khushi had built with another man. 

"Your brother is invited as well, of course"

She had said it without thinking. Perhaps the desire to have Di in her home, meeting her husband and children, had overcome her rationality. Never, in a million years, did she think she would be inviting Arnav Singh Raizada within her doorstep. Serving him a meal. Allowing him near her family. But now that the words were out, there was no turning back.

With a rigid smile, she nodded in his direction. "We would like to have you. Please do come"

"I wouldn't miss it", he easily agreed, lips twitching with a smile that reached his eyes.

They had been on their best behavior - cordial, reservedly polite. Tarang had stiffly offered him a glass of red wine while Khushi had accepted his bouquet of carnations with a half smile. Arnav was, after all, the brother of a very important client - a client that was important for reasons far beyond just her company's wellbeing. Khushi had not wished to insult or discomfort Anjali just days before her wedding, and had willed herself to tolerate her brother in order to run the evening smoothly. 

But if she were honest with herself, Arnav had not done anything particularly insensitive to rile her nerves. He had kindly shaken Tarang's hand, thanked him for the invitation and followed her husband into the living room to meet their friends and colleagues. As expected, he had not participated much in the party's festivities, but had remained unobtrusive and, shockingly, nestled deep within shadows. Not once had he attempted to speak with her or to even approach her, but at times she could sense a familiar pair of warm eyes trailing her movements. Feeling uneasy, she would glance over the rim of her champagne glass, observing as Arnav stealthily distanced himself from the conversation about basketball and politics and circled the perimeter of her living room to discern his surroundings. 

He touched the bowl of potpourri she had arranged on the table, sneaked a brief glance into Shagun's overflowing basket of toys. His eyes wandered around the warm colors of the room - from the dark red of their walls to the soft colored beige of their furniture. She felt violated despite the harmlessness of his actions - something about that particular man peering so deeply into her life did not sit well with her. And therefore, when he approached the photo gallery that covered the entirety of their back wall, it was sheer instinct that propelled Khushi's feet forward, and aligned her body between him and the keepsakes of her family.

He raised an eyebrow of surprise, but did not question her, waiting for her to proceed.  

"Ac... Actually. Uh. I had to ask... Right. Arnav, how is everyone back in Delhi? How is my family?" In her outbreak of discomfort and apprehension, Khushi had blurted the question that had been pestering her for days... a question she had been far too keen, but also far too uncomfortable, to approach Anjali with.

She tried to gather herself.

"I meant, your family. Your grandmother and aunt. Your brother. How have they been? Is your Uncle still residing in Sweden?"

"Your family is hurting, Khushi", Arnav answered her first question plainly, his heart twisting as a small frown marred her face. "They miss their daughter and have been living in abject guilt for over five years. I can't begin to tell you how overwhelmed they were to hear about Wings for Wishes' success. They're... they're so proud of you. They're so happy for you and your family." When she did not respond, he quietly continued forward. "But, of course, they feel miserable for not being part of your life --- that Kinara and Shagun have never experienced the love of their own grandparents. I can't blame them for hurting." 

She scoffed coldly, broken from her trance. "Trust me, I know what it feels like to be hurting. And despite what you might think, it really does pain me that my family is in that kind of a position today... but I'm so done berating myself for things that are no fault of mine. I'm done treating myself like a doormat and allowing myself to feel guilty over circumstances that didn't transpire because of my mistakes. I'm not going to compromise my sanity or my family's because someone else is hurting. I can't go down that damned road again. I can't do it, not for anyone. I can't --" 

"I know..." he interrupted calmly. "And so do they. No one is ever going to blame you, Khushi. No one expects anything. We pushed you away, and we live with a lifetime of guilt for it."

With a sad smile and even sadder eyes, he put down his empty glass of wine and thanked her for the lovely evening, moving towards the front door to take his leave. She had detected a foreign sentiment, something that she had never noticed in Arnav before. Longing. He had always looked at her with a blatant sort of authority, as one would a personal possession, as though constantly reassured that she was his and his alone. But his eyes today, they spoke of abject loss... of unrequited love and futile desire.

"Wait Arnav" she called after him, surprised by the unfamiliar strain on her own voice. She hesitated as he turned back around to face her, unsure of how to proceed with the question that had troubled her for years. 

"Your Bau Ji is doing astonishingly well, Khushi," he answered for her. "You don't need to worry. I don't have the will to face him, after whatever I did to you, but his doctors inform me that he's recovering rapidly. In fact, and you should know this, your family's temporarily settled into Mussorie while he gets treated at the facility there - Payal and I had both agreed that he needed some distance from the city. But he's doing well. Really well."

Khushi felt the weight of guilt and remorse, hoarded after years of endless self-reproach, being lifted off her shoulders, and she carefully allowed his words to bring a slight, but sincere, smile to her face.

"Thank you," she whispered. 

CHAPTER FIFTY-THREE: F O R M U L A T E 

Please do take the moment to hit the like button and write a comment. It never fails to make me smile :) Thank you.

Edited by aamir18 - 7 years ago
laksh65 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
very interesting chapter, it was really a pleasure.
sman thumbnail
what an awesome update...loved it
just4this thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Hi
Loved the update.

I can't believe it even though Arnav and khushi r not together, and khushi is happily married, still I am reading this story.
I am surprised at my own action dear.

Lily30 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Loved chapter 52 πŸ‘
Arnav giving Khushi updates about her family calmly, eager for the next part.
muffin1996 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Loved it

Please continue soon
ifsaal044 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
I haven't even read the update yet. But I just saw that you updated and it got me all excited. Thank you.