Views

Users

Frequent Posters

babur1527 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Originally posted by: krystal_watz

You pursued your passion with a lot of tenacity. Admirable. 👏 

By the way, could you please edit the term 'sugar daddy' out of your post? I'm afraid it's a rather mature term to be used for a nubile 13 year old. 

Sorry got carried away. I just cannot understand why such an actress was chosen to play a key role in a story that is filled with top class talent who have to sacrifice their screen time for her.

Yeah thank you. Although it was quite easy(when I found the time to study). My early years of interest towards history itself helped. And of course war based games made it an entertaining journey.
Edited by babur1527 - 8 years ago
mistofshadows thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5
Babur...my story well 😳 CV's spoiled my muse. I was planning on a few chapters based on the Sword of CM and watching the show makes me want to slip under a rock and hide.

I will update most probably in the next week.

BTW read The Art of War ? Its the oldest military treatise. Brilliant too. Do read it if you haven't.
babur1527 thumbnail
Originally posted by: mistofshadows

Babur...my story well 😳 CV's spoiled my muse. I was planning on a few chapters based on the Sword of CM and watching the show makes me want to slip under a rock and hide.

I will update most probably in the next week.

BTW read The Art of War ? Its the oldest military treatise. Brilliant too. Do read it if you haven't.

Lol. High five.

Hopefully today's(or tomorrow depending on if I can finish it) update will be an inspiration for your next chapter.

Yeah. Art of war was fascinating.
Edited by babur1527 - 8 years ago
babur1527 thumbnail

Chapter 9: https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/130792939

A/N: Dedicated to Niki, Ramsha, Gargi, Mac, Khushi, and Shelly. My dedicated readers and sources of inspiration.

Also Rohini, Medha, Krystal, Kaana and Vidhu. Old loyal CAS viewers who loved Chanakya niti just as much as me. 

And finally my bros BB and Shyam who love Dharma and PS more than me. 😆

Chapter 10: The Prince of Destiny

The sun was high in the sky. In the plains of Assandh fair distance from the battle near the edge of the forest Senapati Sudheshan was slowly marching with the Magadh army. Or whatever was left of it.Deep down in his heart there were strands of remorse.

It is a necessary sacrifice. Sudheshan told himself. All for Yuvraj Sushim.

A large contingent in the distance caught Sudheshan's eye. They seem to be moving towards the direction of the battle. Looks like it was more reinforcements for the ambush.

Sudheshan buried his feelings.

"Pick up speed men!" Sudheshan whipped the rein of his horse and he galloped ahead with his soldiers following closely.

In the battlefield

The battle had reached a feverish pitch in the searing afternoon. Much to the surprise and frustration of their adversaries, the Magadh Sena had dug deep and held them to a deadlock. The Yunani Yoddha were pulled back after they were repulsed by the archers. The combined Ashraviu of the enemy Sena didn't get much ground as the Magadh infantry repulsed wave after wave. The enemy had to resort to attacking from afar with their spearmen and archers trying to whittle them down.

"Senapati Akramak had trained these lads well." Bhim Ji remarked with pride.

"They are tiring." Aadarsh said grimly. "Not sure how long they can keep this up. And we need to get Rajkumar Ashok treated quickly." They looked down on their unconscious Rajkumar. Blood trailing down his mouth. Aadarsh knelt down and wiped off the blood.

"It's hopeless." Saroj grimaced holding his injured arm. "We will die here."

"Perhaps." Aadarsh got up. He grabbed a spear. "But as long as blood flows through my veins I will keep fighting."

Aadarsh got up. He set his eyes on the Khurasani commander running around the perimeter. Aadarsh ducked down the shield as another wave of arrows rained on them. The last of the arrows landed right next to Aadarsh. Aadarsh got up and dashed towards the defending soldiers as the Khurasani cavalry charged at them. Aadarsh lined up his spear and hurled it with all his might. The spear ran through the neck of the Khurasani commander and he was dead by the time he fell to the ground. Aadarsh ducked under the shields as Javelins were hurled at him in retaliation.

"If we go down, we will take you down with us!" Aadarsh shouted. The Magadh Sena cheered as they pressed against their opponents with renewed vigor.

Saroj who was sitting next to Ashok broke into a smile. They had the upperhand. For now. He looked down on their unconscious Rajkumar.

Deep inside Ashok's mind...

Ashok was walking through a war torn countryside. Broken shields, swords and other assorted weapons were strewn everywhere. Dead bodies lay wherever he looked. The buildings were being razed to the ground by raging fire. The morbid scenery was endlessly vast. The more he walked the worse the devastation seemed to be. He finally spotted someone that wasn't dead. He rushed towards him. The man had his back towards Ashok.

"Hey! Can you tell me where I am and what is-?"

Ashok stopped as he realized the man was armed. Is he one of those who did this.

Ashok reached for his sword. But it wasn't there. Ashok then realized the sword was in the hands of the man before him.

"Hey!" Ashok snarled. "Who are you? Return my sword!"

The man turned around. Ashok's nerves calmed down as he saw the familiar golden emblem on the armor. Ashok then looked towards his face. It was a familiar one.

Pitaji?

But it wasn't his father. His face resembled his father. But this was a different man. He was shorter in height but had a stronger build which made him look more intimidating.

"Are you-?" Ashok asked extending his hand. The man smiled.

"Yes."

"Pitamha?!" Ashok gasped. Chandragupt chuckled. His eyes were glinting with amusement. Ashok realized that his Pitamha had the same eyes as him. Ashok felt confused. Was he dead?

"You are not dead Pautra." Chandragupt said reassuringly. He relaxed the grip on his sword and sheathed it.

"Where am I?" Ashok asked.

"One of the roads of fate." Chandragupt replied. Ashok's bewilderment only rose.

"Whose fate?" He asked. Chandragupt stopped smiling. He had a grim look on his face.

"Magadh." He said solemnly. Ashok felt his stomach churn.

"No." Ashok said disbelievingly. "It can't be. It's not possible."

"It's very much possible Pautra." Chandragupt sighed. "Walk with me."

Chandragupt lead him through the stone path as the scenery dissolved around them. Ashok found himself walking on a meadow on top of the mountain right outside Patliputra.

"Is this all in my mind?" Ashok asked hesitantly.

"Probably." Chandragupt smirked.

"Why are you here?" Ashok asked, "Sorry if I sounded rude. I was just curious."

"I don't know myself." Chandragupt shrugged.

"Where are we going?" Ashok asked.

"I don't really know." Chandragupt replied. Ashok was starting to get irritated.

"Relax Pautra." Chandragupt smiled. "You need to keep your temper in check you know?"

Ashok sighed. "Is it really possible that Magadh will end up like that?"

"Yes. If you die here today, it probably will." Chandragupt said gravely.

"What do I do Pitamha?" Ashok asked urgently. "We are surrounded. We have no way out."

"There is always a way out." Chandragupt said firmly. "The fight is only over when we either die. Or we give up fighting."

Ashok didn't say anything as he pondered over his Pitamha's words.

"Am I really that important to Magadh?" Ashok asked.

"What do you think?" Chandragupt asked. Ashok contemplated for a moment.

"Many people died for me. Many are dying for me." Ashok said quietly.

"So I guess you are important." Chandragupt smiled. "The question is Pautra. Are you willing to do what it takes to protect Magadh and its people?"

"I am." Ashok replied determindedly. "I promised my Acharya that I would."

Chandragupt drew his sword. Ashok's muscles tensed.

"So you think you are ready to wield this sword?" Chandragupt asked him. His expression was unreadable.

"I already have." Ashok replied with a scowl.

"You were raised to walk on the path of peace and non-violence. You do realize that when you pick up a sword blood has to be shed?" Chandragupt asked, "It is inevitable."

"That is no longer relevant. I will shed blood if it is necessary, whether it is mine or my enemy's."

"It's a good mentality to have. What if the blood you have to shed is one of your own?" Chandragupt asked questioningly. The night he killed his stepmother came back to Ashok's mind.

"I have already done that." Ashok said swallowing his discomfort.

"Yes. Of course." Chandragupt nodded. "How does it feel?" Ashok blinked. That was a strange question.

"Horrible. Nauseating. Terrifying."

"You will get used to it. Eventually." Chandragupt said thoughtfully.

"What if I don't want to?" Ashok asked. The way he said it was childish. But he didn't care. Chandragupt gripped his sword with both his hands. He stepped forward as if facing an invisible enemy. He began swinging the blade in smooth and quick motions. Ashok was rooted to the spot in awe. The deft movements of the flashing blade were like an art. Ashok could just stare at his Pitamha in wonder. Chandragupt leaped up and stabbed the sword to the ground.

"You have to." Chandragupt stood up letting go of the blade. Something suddenly struck Ashok's mind.

"Why did you leave Pitamha?" He asked.

"That is something you don't need to know now." Chandragupt replied. "You won't understand." Ashok felt his temper flaring again.

"I deserve to know! I have to clean up the mess that you created!" Ashok said angrily. Chandragupt smiled knowingly.

"Think about everything that you have gone through till now. And you will know the answer." Ashok was puzzled by the response. He sighed exasperatedly. He racked his head, trying to piece the answer to his own question. Ashok's frowned as he realized there was only one answer that made a semblence of sense.

"To protect your son?" Ashok asked. Chandragupt laughed.

"You are indeed a worthy prodigy of Acharya."

"Why?!" Ashok asked heatedly. Chandragupt sighed.

"Acharya had his hands full protecting both me and Bindusar. It was only a matter of time before they killed him."

"So you knew? Why didn't you do anything?" Ashok asked his voice rising.

"I didn't have proof." Chandragupt replied. "A Samrat cannot execute someone on the basis of his whims and desires. If you kill one on that basis what will stop you from killing another? Acting on emotions alone will lead you to a darker path."

"You could have gotten Chanakya to collect proof!" Ashok retorted. "Or have sent my father away from the palace!"

"I considered everything." Chandragupt sighed. "And I chose the decision that was best to my judgment. My son was ready to ascend the throne. As ready as he will ever be." Chandragupt added with a sigh. Ashok could tell the disappointment in his tone. "There was no point in holding him back."

"But why did you have to leave? You could have just abdicated and stayed in the palace." Ashok persisted. Chandragupt smiled again.

"Because if Bindusar made any mistake," He said calmly. "The Brahmins will inevitably look to place me back on the throne. Whether I stayed or not, Magadh would have always been in danger. And if it came down to it Acharya would have let my son die. His reasoning would be I could always sire another son."

"You were wrong!" Ashok said angrily. "Acharya Chanakya would never do that!" Chandragupt began laughing. It infuriated Ashok even more.

"You only know Acharya for a year or so kid." Chandragupt said with a scowl. "I have known him all my life. I know how he thinks."

"He saved your son! Many thought that he killed your wife to save him!" Ashok retorted.

"Even if that was the case, at the time it seemed like the most pragmatic thing to do." Chandragupt replied calmly. "But Bindusar didn't grow as Acharya expected him to be. Helena had ruined him."

"But he still protected him. He protected him risking his own life!" Ashok shouted.

"It is necessary for Bindusar to live until you are ready." Chandragupt said very seriously. "I can assure you that was my Acharya's reasoning."

Ashok couldn't believe him. His Acharya wasn't this heartless.

"You could have stayed and protected him!" Ashok said stubbornly. Chandragupt shook his head.

"Yes. Maybe." Chandragupt sighed. "But I wasn't getting any younger. The wounds of the endless wars I have fought were catching up. I could not serve Magadh for long anyway. So it made sense to let Bindusar find his feet. And with Acharya by his side I am sure he could hold his own. And he didn't disappoint me." Chandragupt finished looking out to the bright cloudless sky.

"You are forgot someone else amidst everything." Ashok said quietly. "Your other son."

"He was more of Helena's son than mine." Chandragupt snapped.

"That is nonsense! You could have given him the guidance he needed!" Ashok reasoned.

"Helena would have poisoned my son's heart no matter what I did." Chandragupt said grimly. "You have seen how your elder brother is. One when day when you will be in my position you will see how it is." Ashok knew his Pitamha was right. But he still argued.

"My father is facing the same problems as you! And he has fought as many wars as you. He bears as many wounds as you. Probably more. And he is staying with us making sure that we are protected instead of running away!"

"And I am proud of him. He is stronger than I thought he would be." Chandragupt said smiling again. His eyes glinting with pride. Ashok didn't say anything. He just stared at the ground trying to calm himself. Even his own father underestimated Pitaji Maharaj. Ashok didn't know why he was feeling this angry.

His Pitamha wasn't what he expected to be.

"Whatever his flaws may be," Ashok said quietly after a while. "He is a better father than you."

"Magadh needs a worthy Samrat. Not a doting father." Chandragupt said turning to Ashok. "If I wanted to be an ideal father I would never have ascended the throne of Magadh. We all have choices to make in life. Some pay off. Some don't. I made choices I thought was best at the time."

Ashok stared at the ground. He wasn't sure what to say.

"Ashok." Chandragupt said gently. "I don't expect you to understand everything. But just remember this. The future of Magadh lies in your hands. Choice is yours. You can sit by and let everything be destroyed. Or you can rise up and make the necessary sacrifices for the greater good."

Ashok pursed his lips. He bit back the retort that came. There was so much he wanted to say. But what should he start with?

Chandragupt pulled the sword from the ground. He walked towards Ashok and extended the sword towards him.

Ashok looked up. He bowed down and extended his hands. Chandragupt placed the sword on Ashok's hands.

"You have a big heart son." Chandragupt smiled as Ashok stood up looking at the sword. "But a big heart doesn't necessarily mean that you can make everyone happy."

Ashok looked up at him. Into the eyes that were a mirror of his.

"Time to go." Chandragupt said and the world around him begun fading. Ashok felt the pain in his chest rising.

"Tell Bindusar, that I love him. And I am proud of him." Chandragupt's voice echoed.

Shunga couldn't help but leer as the Magadh Sena was pushed back under the weight of the attacks. They were tiring. Their strength and their numbers were diminishing. One by one their men fell as arrows pierced their body and spear tore through their flesh. He could sense that they were reaching their breaking point. It was a long and grueling battle. His archers were exhausted. They didn't have enough arrows to keep firing. But his Yunani Phalanx was relatively unharmed. He didn't use them. He opted for the slow approach of whittling them down. It was effective and saved his numbers. Even so, it had lasted longer than he expected. But it was finally ending. And he still had an elite regiment that was fresh and ready to do his bidding.

Mahanayak Keechak shall reward me well for this.

And a terrifying roar pulled him out of his happy cerebration. Even his Sena stopped attacking and stood still.

The Senanayaks and the Sena of Magadh looked on bewilderment. They couldn't believe what was happening.

Rajkumar Ashok was up. His face was contorted in pain as he breathed heavily suppressing the pain. The crack in his armor just showing the surface of the damage that Yoddha did to him.

"Soldiers of Magadh! Do not give up!" Ashok bellowed.

Cheers reverberated through ranks of the Sena. The dwindling spirit of the Magadh Sena had revived. And with renewed vigor they began counter-attacking their enemies.

"Aadarsh!" Ashok shouted as the dead bodies were piled around him, eerily similar to his dream. Aadarsh rushed to his side. "What is our situation?"

"Are you okay Rajkumar Ashok?" Aadarsh asked concernedly. "You should rest."

"What is our situation?" Ashok asked through gritted teeth. Aadarsh was taken aback. He shook his head and then said.

"We can still fight sire." Aadarsh said confidently as Bhim Ji walked up to them.

"We need to break out of this Chakraviu." Ashok said through gasps. "Bhim Ji any ideas?" Ashok asked to elderly Senanayak, his eyes frantic with desperation.

"There is one thing we can try." Bhim Ji said. "It's risky."

"Let's just do it." Ashok said biting down the pain.

Saroj rubbed his eyes in disbelief. What is this kid made of?

"Oi." Saroj said quickly to a soldier. "I think my arm is just sprained."

The soldier nodded. He grabbed Saroj's arm and twisted it. Saroj yelped in pain. The soldier wrapped a cloth around Saroj's hand.

"Are you okay?" The soldier asked.

"Better than okay!" Saroj grimaced. "Tie the shield around my arm." Saroj said taking the sword on his left hand.

"Are you sure?" the soldier asked.

"Do it!" Saroj growled.

"And then we push towards one flank." Bhim Ji said quickly. "We have enough Ashwa for one final charge."

"It's worth a shot." Ashok said drawing his sword. Every movement he made seemed to just increase the pain. Saroj walked up to him. Ashok looked at his injured Senanayak.

"Can you still fight?" Ashok asked.

"Of course I can!" Saroj said with a pained smile.

"Good. We need you to lead in our next move." Ashok said with a grimace.

"Leave it to me." Saroj replied. Ashok smiled. He took a deep breath.

"Soldiers of Magadh! Rally to me!" Ashok shouted. His voice echoed through the ranks. The Magadh Sena pushed off their enemies and pulled back, rallying around their prince as their enemies continued to launch their attacks on them.

"Sainiko! Form up!" Saroj shouted. The Magadh Sena raised their shields and spears.

Shunga looked at the development with increasing apprehension. The Magadh Sena had formed a Phalanx of their own. It wasn't perfect. But his archers were no longer potent enough to take advantage of their weakness.

"Tell our Phalanx to attack theirs." Shunga ordered the soldier. "And tell the rest of my Sena keep up the attacks. Try to take advantage of any gaps in the formation they can find. Make sure that the frontline of all charges are fresh men. The Magadh scum are tired. And they will fall easily." The soldier bowed and ran off to issue the order.

Ashok mounted Kulbhusan who was bloodied from the soldiers who protected him but was otherwise unharmed. "Alright." Ashok sighed stroking Kulbushan's neck. "Let's do this." Ashok muttered as his royal guard reformed around him behind the Magadh infantry.

Ashok looked up to see the formidable Yunani Phalanx had reformed ahead of them. They began descending. Ashok raised his sword.

"It's now or never Sainiko!" Ashok shouted. "CHARGE!"

The Magadh Sena all at once began charging up the plateau. The Khurasani cavalry tried to attack them. But the Magadh archers repulsed them.

"Damn it!" Shunga shouted in frustration. "How do they still keep fighting?!"

The Magadh Infantry clashed with the Yunani infantry. They were held at a deadlock. The Magadh Yoddha had deflected the pikes which were stuck on the shields. The Yunani commander gave the command to pull back.

"Frontline. Charge now!" Saroj roared. The Magadh Infantry dug into the ground and with a violent shove they begun climbing up the plateau.

To Shunga's amazement the unstoppable Yunani Phalanx was being pushed back. The lower ground was actually giving the Magadh Sena impetus to fight back. Against such towering odds they were fighting back.

The Magadh Infantry split into two flanks as Aadarsh dashed out leading the Magadh Ahsraviu into a terrifying charge against the disoriented Yunani Phalanx. Aadarsh swung his heavy blade with vicious effectiveness. He simply hacked down any Yoddha that tried to challenge him. The ones that went past him, Ashok and his royal guards killed them ignominiously. Saroj and the Magadh infantry fought off the enemy Ashraviu preventing them from aiding the Yunani Yoddha.

To Shunga's shock and horror the Magadh Sena crushed his left wing and broke out of the encirclement. Despite everything they threw at them, they remained strong. The Magadh rear guard lead by their Senayak was brutally effective. Not only did they repel the charges from his Sena but they managed to take out more and more of his men. His elite Yunani infantry were all but wiped out.

No way. This is impossible.

Shunga decided enough was enough. It was time to finish this.

"Andromechus!" He called to the giant. "Attack them from the rear. Crush them!"

Shunga ordered his Elite Yoddha that he had reserved until now to join Andromechus. They prepared to march down the plateau with the rest of the Sena. It was time to finish this battle.

The Sun was setting. Shunga saw dust rising in the distance. Under which a large contingent of Ashraviu and Yoddha approaching the battlefield. More reinforcements? Looks like God has written victory for me today.

The blue banners came into view. The soldiers were wearing grey robes. Shunga smiled. Andromechus and his elite guard begun marching.

It ends now.

But in the next instance Shunga felt dread grip his mind. He ordered Andromechus to stop. Something wasn't right.

And sure enough the cavalry of the new contingent maneuvered down the plateau and begun attacking his Sena instead. Their infantry joined the Magadh Sena. Shunga watched on in shock as waves of javelins and arrows pierced through his ranks of soldiers.

No way!

Ashok and his Sena looked around in surprise as their ranks were reinforced by their new allies as the clash renewed. The enemy Ashraviu begun broke away and retreated to their leader's ranks. The cavalry of the new arrivals to the battle were fresh. They were blowing through enemy Sena like wild elephants in a forest.

"Who are they?" Ashok asked. "They are not from Magadh."

"They look like Ujjainis!" Bhim Ji shouted. He looked pleasantly surprised. Everyone around him was.

"Never thought I'd see this day." remarked a soldier.

"Me neither."

Ashok watched as the black bannered army that had joined their enemy earlier begun withdrawing. I need to find out where that army came from.

Shunga looked on in rage as the army that joined him earlier were retreating in the horizon. He let out a maniacal roar. His voice cracking with frustration.

Ashok looked on as both armies reformed their lines. They were now more or less evenly matched.

""Let's take them down!" Ashok shouted.

The Magadh Sena roared raising their swords and spears. Aadarsh and Saroj rallied their respective divisions around Ashok's royal guard. It was time for the final assault.

Shunga considered his options. The numbers as well the morale of his troops were dwindling. On the other hand the Magadh Sena was still very potent. Despite losing soldiers they had managed to protect their Senanayaks. Shunga had carelessly let his Khurasani commander fall. And the Yunani infantry were too small in number to matter now. The disoriented Khurasani Ashraviu and his exhausted archers couldn't mount a proper offensive. The Magadh army was reinforced while his own reinforcements have abandoned him. All he had left was the elite regiment. And they were too valuable. Mahanayak will definitely not spare him if he loses them. He needed to save whatever he had left. 

"Retreat!" Shunga shouted turning his horse around. "Retreat now!" Damn it. Defeated by that kid again.

Ashok and his Senanayaks looked on in elation as the enemy Sena begun retreating.

"Rajkumar Ashok, should we give chase?" Aadarsh asked.Ashok suddenly felt drained.The adrenaline rush was gone now that they were out of danger.

"Yeah." Ashok said weakly. "Capture as many of them as you can."

"Leave it to me." Aadarsh said. "Come on men!" He shouted gripping the rein of his horse. Aadarsh and his well rested Ashraviu galloped ahead. The Ujjani Ashraviu joined him as they charged towards the retreating soldiers, their screams echoing in the distance. The red rays of the sun signaled the end of the battle.

As Ashok saw his Sena chase the enemy through the plains his vision became blurred. Ashok tasted blood in his mouth. The world around him began spinning. His vision faded.

"Rajkumar Ashok!" Bhim Ji shouted as he saw Ashok falling off his horse. The soldiers grabbed him before he fell. They carefully placed him on the ground. Bhim Ji and Saroj knelt down next to Ashok.

"We need to get him to the Vaid immediately!" Saroj shouted.

"We cannot carry him like this." Bhim Ji said grimly. "You." He said pointing to a soldier. "We will set camp here. Order our supply caravan to get here. And you get the Vaidraj here as quickly as possible."

"As you command sire." The soldier bowed. He quickly grabbed a horse and galloped away. Saroj sat down exhausted.

"Bhagwan ka Lakh Lakh shukar hai." He sighed. "We survived."

Bhim Ji gave him a strained smile.

You did well today Rajkumar Ashok. You did very well. Without your inspiring leadership, we would not have made it today. 

Bhim Ji looked up to see a horse pull up next to them. It was the Ujjaini commander. He dismounted from his Ashwa.

Bhim Ji stood up. The fading rays of the sun fell on a familiar face.

"Rudra." Bhim Ji said in astonishment. "It has been a long while."

Senapati Rudra raised his hand in greetings. "Indeed." Rudra said looking down at Rajkumar Ashok. "So this is Rajkumar Ashok?"

"Yes." Bhim Ji replied. "I am curious. I never thought that you of all people would come to our aid."

"Me neither." Rudra shrugged. Bhim Ji chuckled.

"So what brings you here?"

Rudra sighed. "I am here on the orders of my queen."

Bhim Ji's eyes widened with surprise. "You mean...Rajkumari Ahankara?"

Rudra sighed in frustration. "She is our Rani you know?"

"I guess." Bhim Ji said hesitantly.

"He is not going to die is he?" Rudra asked.

"I hope not." Bhim Ji said worriedly.

"He is younger than I expected him to be." Rudra knelt down looking closely at the Rajkumar.

Bhim Ji chuckled as he could almost hear Rajkumar Ashok saying, I hear that a lot.

Bhim Ji looked out to the setting sun as Senanayak Aadarsh returned with the Ashraviu. What they pulled today was no less than a miracle.

The soldiers around him lit up the torch as the night begun. He looked down to his unconscious Rajkumar. The flickering lights cast a glow on the Prince who seemed to be in a serene slumber.  

Acharya Chanakya was definitely right. He is special. And I have no doubt in my mind that this youth is destined for greatness that transcends time.

Leave your thoughts below. Hope you enjoyed it.  😊

Chapter 11:https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/130958504

Edited by babur1527 - 7 years ago
Yet another smashing entry from the prolific Babur! This was longer and pumped with adrenaline, albeit a bit of a drag in parts of it. Btw the Ashok-Chandragupta dream scenario seemed inspired by Harry-Dumbledore, amirite? 😛  
Great update. So now we have two prongs of the enemy force repulsed in a single war--- Keechak's (Helen's Pawn) and Sushim's. Both camps fail spectacularly. Now I guess it's time to drag 'em out from behind the veil and have some serious person-to-person combat. 
shailusri1983 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
It was one of the best updates. The conversation between CGM and Ashok in his trance like state was very good. It set the stage for the adrenaline rush that was to follow Ashok's rise almost similar to the rise of the Phoenix from its own ashes, the Magadh army regrouping itself and launching an effective counter attack and the timely arrival of the reinforcements from Ujjain. The update had everything in the right proportions. 
babur1527 thumbnail
Originally posted by: krystal_watz

Yet another smashing entry from the prolific Babur! This was longer and pumped with adrenaline, albeit a bit of a drag in parts of it. Btw the Ashok-Chandragupta dream scenario seemed inspired by Harry-Dumbledore, amirite? 😛  

Great update. So now we have two prongs of the enemy force repulsed in a single war--- Keechak's (Helen's Pawn) and Sushim's. Both camps fail spectacularly. Now I guess it's time to drag 'em out from behind the veil and have some serious person-to-person combat. 

Thank you for your kind words.

I actually based the scene of a RPG game I played when I was young. The chosen one being handed the sword. Yeah I guess the scene also looks similar to the Harry-Dumbledore scene.😛

Both camps will now assess their options. Without giving you too much details all I will say is that the Sushim camp is going to suffer more. Keechak may be a pawn but he is not stupid. He has contingency plans for dealing with Ashok. And of course there is Amatya Rakshas.

There is still a long way to go for Ashok. Stay tuned.
babur1527 thumbnail
Originally posted by: shailusri1983

It was one of the best updates. The conversation between CGM and Ashok in his trance like state was very good. It set the stage for the adrenaline rush that was to follow Ashok's rise almost similar to the rise of the Phoenix from its own ashes, the Magadh army regrouping itself and launching an effective counter attack and the timely arrival of the reinforcements from Ujjain. The update had everything in the right proportions. 

Thank you for reading and taking the time to review. Glad you enjoyed it.
vidhu22 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
again a gr8 update babur i liked CGM and ashok convo very much it was nice to read hw ashok clarified his doubts and queries to his pitamah and i liked the justification givn by CGM y he left bindusar in AC's hands and especially the line "i could've been a good dad if i was not a samrat" ashok needs to knw he is the one destined to become samrat and shed his remaining attachments towards ahimsa

thn the war segment was nice bt suddenly sidd turned in to prabhas(bahubali)in my imagination and i don't knw why?the twist of ujjain sena arrival was nice and i really didn't expect this twist i was waiting fr magadh sena and one more suggestion try to give war details in somewhat simple manner u knw na seeing war in tv itself feels clumsy and here all the ppl u introduced and thr tactics are new and i read twice to clearly understand

as i said in previous review revive my lion soon make him fit and let him roar again wid full intensity
babur1527 thumbnail
Originally posted by: vidhu22

again a gr8 update babur i liked CGM and ashok convo very much it was nice to read hw ashok clarified his doubts and queries to his pitamah and i liked the justification givn by CGM y he left bindusar in AC's hands and especially the line "i could've been a good dad if i was not a samrat" ashok needs to knw he is the one destined to become samrat and shed his remaining attachments towards ahimsa

thn the war segment was nice bt suddenly sidd turned in to prabhas(bahubali)in my imagination and i don't knw why?the twist of ujjain sena arrival was nice and i really didn't expect this twist i was waiting fr magadh sena and one more suggestion try to give war details in somewhat simple manner u knw na seeing war in tv itself feels clumsy and here all the ppl u introduced and thr tactics are new and i read twice to clearly understand

as i said in previous review revive my lion soon make him fit and let him roar again wid full intensity

Thanks for reading Vidhya. Glad you enjoyed it. I will keep your suggestion in mind. 

Have not watched Bahubali so I wouldn't know.😛

Will try to update soon. So stay tuned. 😊