Views

Users

Frequent Posters

babur1527 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Originally posted by: VasusenaRadheya

Bookmarked for a detailed comment later . πŸ˜Ž

Thanks for reading. Let Gargi know. She will love this I think.
babur1527 thumbnail
Originally posted by: ramsha_001

I eager to read "other things"πŸ˜†

Oh, I hope your exam went good. And good luck for the rest of your exams.

Yeah exams are over. Just have some extra work. I will write the OS in between. 

The first part of the "other things" are in chapter 8. Hope you like it. πŸ˜›
ramsha_001 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
As always, fascinating.  πŸ‘  I like the way how you have been consistent with all characters and character development. Loved Dharma-subhrashi's scene, at least someone remembers her πŸ˜†  Our beloved Bindu is fighting and protecting his "meri dharma"⭐️

Radhgupta, what can I say about him  His conversation with helena reminded me of the good old chelena days. Loved his convo with khallu as well. Now that you're fulfilling all our dreams, I hope you have planned a harsh end to his character.πŸ˜†

You surprised me with BG's apology and revelation. I'm waiting to see Ashok's next move. The ashok in your story sounds like a Samrat already unlike our tv wala gareeb rajkumar/neta ji.

Yet another amazing chapter, and of course you've left us all dying for a quick update!πŸ˜†
Edited by ramsha_001 - 8 years ago
babur1527 thumbnail
Originally posted by: ramsha_001

As always, fascinating.  πŸ‘  I like the way how you have been consistent with all characters and character development. Loved Dharma-subhrashi's scene, at least someone remembers her πŸ˜†  Our beloved Bindu is fighting and protecting his "meri dharma"⭐️

Radhgupta, what can I say about him  His conversation with helena reminded me of the good old chelena days. Loved his convo with khallu as well. Now that you're fulfilling all our dreams, I hope you have planned a harsh end to his character.πŸ˜†

You surprised me with BG's apology and revelation. I'm waiting to see Ashok's next move. The ashok in your story sounds like a Samrat already unlike our tv wala gareeb rajkumar/neta ji.

Yet another amazing chapter, and of course you've left us all dying for a quick update!πŸ˜†

Thanks for reading Ramsha. Yeah, Ashok in the show has been turned into another generic Indian hero. No longer is he the unique Vanraj.πŸ₯±

The next update will be up by Sunday. IA. πŸ˜Š
Khushi_Dillse thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Hey...nice dp...I like captain America...😳
Well back to the update...it's long and 
Fantastic update yaar...
I m here coz of your ff and bb's WU...Otw iss show me kuch nahi rakha hai ab...kya tha or ab kya se kya ho gaya πŸ˜’
But I love your ff you know naa...πŸ˜‰
I love Subrasi and Dharma convo...They both queen is so good... And radhagupt πŸ‘πŸΌ day by day I like him more...
I always love Ashok's fighting seens it was awesome...πŸ‘
Please update soon...

Khushi πŸ˜›
Khushi_Dillse thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Uppsss I forget to mention that kickasss soundtrack...just amazing πŸ€—
And also my ahankara...so she will be ashoka's  asndhimitra right...😳
babur1527 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Imashkara

Uppsss I forget to mention that kickasss soundtrack...just amazing πŸ€—

And also my ahankara...so she will be ashoka's  asndhimitra right...😳

Let's see.  πŸ˜†

Update should be up by tonight.
babur1527 thumbnail

Chapter 8: https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/130673196

A/N: Dedicated to Niki, Ramsha, Gargi, Mac, Khushi, and Shelly. My dedicated readers and sources of inspiration.

Also Rohini, Medha, Krystal, Kaana and Vidhu. Old loyal CAS viewers who loved Chanakya niti just as much as me. 

And finally my bros BB and Shyam who love Dharma and PS more than me. πŸ˜†

Credits:Shyam09

Chapter 9: The Ambush

Ashok sat still on his armchair pondering what to do next. Balgovind stood there staring the floor silently occasionally glancing at Ashok. The apprehension had him rooted to the spot.

The crackling fire in the room and the cold winds roaring outside cut through the suffocating silence.

What should I do? I can't go back now! But with Rajmata in the palace anything can happen at any time. What should I do?

"Ekaant." Ashok said gruffly. Balgovind flinched. He then clumsily bowed and left.

Acharya Radhagupt. Acharya Chanakya. Why didn't you tell me anything...

But they did. Ashok's inner voice told him. Not directly. But they did.

Acharya Chanakya always used to warn him to be wary the Yunani. Him and Acharya Radhagupt must have known about the reality of Rajmata Helena. Ashok had a feeling that Radhagupt wasn't telling him everything that night.

Ashok remembered the night before he left. The way Acharya Radhagupt evaded his question about whether the other Yunani were involved in the conspiracy, Ashok was sure his Acharya knew more than he was letting on.

"But right now. You should focus on Taxilla."

But how can he? His family was in danger. How can he focus? Ashok was shaking with rage. How dare she try to kill my family.

Ashok stood up and took deep breaths and walked back and forth.

You cannot do everything on your own Ashok. Do not let your emotions make you lose focus. And your focus should be on your current goal. Only with a focused goal you can achieve success.

Those were the words of his Acharya Akramak. He remembered the particular fight he had during the Mahayoddha competition where he had to overcome three Yoddha.

Focus on what you can do best. And take out your opponents one by one.

Ashok sighed. He calmed himself as he realized why Acharya Radhagupt didn't stop him from coming to Taxilla. He remembered why he forced his father into allowing him to go on this expedition. To eliminate the external enemies of Magadh. To make the internal enemies powerless.

And Pitaji is there. Acharya Radhagupt is there. They can protect everyone.

He realized he couldn't do everything. He will have to rely on his father and his Acharya. He cannot do everything on his own.

Ashok shook his head. His eyes snapped into focus. Right now, he needs to curb the rebellion in Taxilla. Ashok walked towards the lamps and doused them one by one.

He took off his circlet and necklace and placed it on the table. He stretched his body and then climbed into bed. Ashok stared at the ceiling as thoughts still clouded his mind.

Bhagwan. Mera parivar ka raksha karna.

A man outside Ashok's window slowly crept around the building. He climbed into the corridor and quietly moved in the darkness.

Sudheshan was reading the letter from the Mahamatya. The private army had departed. The ambush will proceed as planned. Sudheshan smiled. His eyes were glinting with joy.

"Senapati." A voice called. It was the guptchar that Mahamatya had given him to keep an eye on Ashok's movements.

"Yes?" Sudheshan asked.

"I have some interesting information." The spy began.

"Is that so?" Sudheshan asked thoughtfully.

Meanwhile in the empty streets of Patliputra.

Cloaked figures glided through the silent streets as the city of Patliputra remained blissfully asleep. They evaded the patrolling guards inching closer and closer to their destination. The dead end of an alley.

One of the figures pressed on the wall. The block went in and a section of the wall parted opening a pathway. The figures crept in.

Protected by well armed guards stationed around him, Amatya Rakshash sat on a wooden barrel, setting up the pieces for a game of Chaturanga on a stone block.

He turned his head as the guests he was expecting arrived.

"Rajmata. You are early." Rakshas smirked. Helena pulled down her hood.

"We have to talk." Helena said earnestly.

"Of course we do." Rakshas replied. "Take a seat. Let's play a game. We will talk while he play."

Helena sat down on the barrel and then recounted everything that has passed the last few days as the pieces moved along the board.

Siyamak's cold demeanor towards her.

Ashok's victory at Assandh.

And Radhagupt's veiled threat.

Rakshas sighed  and stroked his chin. He moved his Ashraviu piece forward and took out Helena's Padati.

"First things first. Give up trying to turn Siyamak against Ashok." Rakshas said quietly. "You cannot break their bond. What he should feel for Ashok or the rest his family is irrelevant to our plans anyway."

Helena opened her mouth to speak but Rakshas raised his hand to silence ber.

"The goal is to place Siyamak on the throne. He doesn't have to be involved in killing the rest of the Mauryans. He should focus on strengthening his abilities."

Helena felt deflated. He is right. All I am doing right now is hindering Siyamak's development. Just like Justin.

"What about Radhagupt?" Helena asked. "He seems to be planning something. And I think he knows about Siyamak's parentage. And I am sure he was the one that ensured that Ashok didn't go by the Samudri Marg."

"Doesn't matter what that kid is planning." Rakshas said dismissively. "Ashok escaping our ambush at sea is only a small set back. I have managed to gather some interesting information."

"Oh?" Helena asked.

"Sushim has managed to build a private army." Rakshas smirked. Helena arched an eyebrow, her interest piqued.

"I met him last night." Rakhshas continued. "Mahmatya Khalnatak was planning an ambush himself to kill Ashok."

Helena's face lit up with a smile. The light from the torch made her look sinister.

"That is interesting."

"I have asked him to send a letter to Keechak asking him for assistance with the ambush." Rakshash continued as he casually tossed aside Helena's Ratha piece. "Ashok will be dead by sunset tomorrow."

Helena laughed with relief. "You are good at this Amatya Rakshas."

"Yes." Rakshas craned his neck. "After Ashok is killed, Sushim will go to Taxilla to avenge his fallen brother. And Keechak will kill him then and he will destroy the core of the Magadh army with its Senapati."

"But, then what?" Helena asked. "I know Keechak is aiming to ascend the throne of Magadh himself. If he kills two Mauryan Princes and defeats the Magadh army, the enemy Janapada of Magadh might give their support to him. He might become too powerful. He might turn against us."

"Keechak can certainly try. But he is a Mohra. A Mohra can become very powerful. But he can never become the King." Rakshas leered as he took out Helena's Raja winning the game.

"So." Helena lips curved into a smile. "You will use Keechak to fight Bindusar himself?"

"Yes." Rakshas breathed heavily matching Helena's menacing smile with his own. "But before that we will frame Mahamatya as the traitor that got Rajkumar Ashok and Rajkumar Sushim killed. And with no Senapati or Mahamatya,  Bindusar's kingdom will become fragile. And Bindusar and his family will inevitably die at Keechak's hands. And then we will get Siyamak to avenge his family by killing Keechak. Siyamak has the support of the Khurasani Sena as the only heir of their royal family. And he has the Yunani support through you. And as the last surviving Mauryan Prince the remaining Magadh provinces will pledge their allegiance to him. So killing Keechak should not be a problem. After which Siyamak will be coronated as the Emperor."

Rakshas stood up.

"And then, I shall become the Mahamatya of three United Empires. Greater than Dhana Nanda's Empire. Greater than Chandragupt's Empire. Greater than Sikandar's Empire. The Mightiest Empire of all time."

"And Siyamak shall become the mightiest Emperor of all time." Helena cackled.

"Indeed." Rakshas bared his teeth. "Indeed."

Helena felt a weight lift off her shoulders. Rakshas until now had not exactly told her the entire plan. But now she knew. And this time Acharya Chanakya's prodigy, her greatest obstacle shall finally be destroyed.

The next day in the Palace of Patliputra.

A private Sabha was going on. Bindusar and his Amatya were discussing the issue of unrest in various Kingdoms.

"Ujjain has revolted thrice." Acharya Grinath said. "In a year. There must be something wrong with our administration there."

"Not at all." Mahamatya said dismissively. "Those savages are unruly and uncivilized."

"Is that so Mahamatya?" Acharya Akhanand piped up. "You handpicked all the governors and zamindars that have gone there till now. All you could gather from your interactions with them is unruly and uncivilized? They have been our biggest tributaries after Taxilla. Trade there goes very well. Would not be possible if they were unruly and uncivilized."

Mahamatya coughed. "If the trade is thriving there it is because of our Zamindars. My governors have only started working there. They will control the populace there eventually after they gain legitimacy over time."

"Will they though Mahamatya?" Acharya Dwyejendra spoke. "The problem is as long as the Ujjaini royal family's authority remains there the Sena there will have someone to rally to. And there will always be chances of revolting. Why are we not annexing Ujjain completely?"

Bindusar raised his eyebrow. "What do you want to say?" Bindusar said sternly. "Speak clearly."

"What Acharya Dwyejendra is asking is that should we continue to favor their royal family?" A Brahmin begun.

"Meaning?" Bindusar asked irritably. Why can't they be straightforward?

"You are giving the Putri of the Rajdrohi Rajaji Raj and Niharika, special privileges. What if she takes advantage of those privileges and plans another rebellion to avenge her parents?" Acharya Dwyejendra asked.

Bindusar raised his hand. "She has remained faithful to Magadh despite the treachery of her parents. She had nothing to do with their conspiracies."

"Are you sure about that Samrat?" Another Bhramin asked.

"Quiet!" Mahamatya snarled, "You dare question the Samrat's judgement?!"

"I am sorry Mahamatya." Acharya Dwyejendra interrupted. "But for arguments sake, let's agree that she has nothing to with the conspiracy. What guarantee is there that she will not perpetrate another one like her father?"

Radhagupt was observing silently as the Mahamatya argued with the Brahmins.

Interesting. What are you planning Mahamatya?

"Enough!" Bindusar raised his hand. "This discussion is going nowhere. We will adjourn here. We will continue this another day."  The Brahmins got up and left. Radhagupt and Khalnatak remained behind.

Bindusar shook his head irritably. The solution is obvious. But Ashok needs to deal with the Taxilla crisis first.

"Samrat." Khalnatak began. "While I trust Ahankara's allegiance to you, Acharya Dwyejendra does raise some legitimate concerns. The Ujjaini unrest will continue as long as the issue of legitimacy remains. Furthermore to everyone outside Patliputra, Ujjain to be specific, Ahankara is just a prisoner here."

"So, what do you suggest Mahamatya?" Bindusar asked. Radhagupt suppressed a chuckle. He knew what was going to happen next.

"We could join the two royal families by re-establishing Rajkumar Sushim and Rajkumari Ahankara's engagement." Khalnatak said hesitantly.

"Have you lost your mind Mahamatya?" Bindusar said furiously. "Sushim and Ahankara hate each other!"

"Er...Rajkumar Sushim himself suggested it. He has repented his actions and thinks he can win over her heart again." Khalnatak said uneasily.

"What?!" Bindusar shouted. Khalnatak cowered. "Tell Rajkumar Sushim to come here immediately!" He said to an attendant.

Radhagupt was barely containing his laughter as the arrogant Rajkumar strode in.

"Did you summon me Pitaji?" Sushim asked.

"What is this I am hearing?" Bindusar asked quietly. "Mahamatya is saying you want to get engaged to Ahankara again. Is it true?"

"Yes." Sushim replied his face contorting with remorse. "Pitaji. I have realized the error of my ways. This time for sure. I realize what I did to her was wrong."

That's an understatement. Radhagupt said under his breath.

"I want to make up for my actions." Sushim replied. "I will marry her. And I want to go to Ujjain. I will ensure that no other rebellion there occurs again."

Bindusar felt a vein pulsing in his head. Not this again.

Bindusar wasn't sure what to make of Sushim's words. He seemed sincere. It was hard to tell whether he was lying or not. But the past events made him question his son's sincerity. But for the sake of formality he must ask Ahankara. Let's hope the girl doesn't lie this time. Bindusar thought exasperatedly.

"Alright." Bindusar spoke. "But let's see if Ahankara agrees to it. Bring Ahankara here." Bindusar ordered.

After a few moments Ahankara stood before Bindusar as Sushim grovelled to Ahankara. Much to Radhagupt's amusement.

"Look Ahankara. It really hurts me to see people calling you a Putri of the Rajdrohi." Sushim said earnestly. "Let me marry you. And no one will dare to speak about you like that again."

Ahankara silently absorbed Sushim's words. After Sushim finished his heartfelt speech he looked to her intently. Her expression was unreadable. Bindusar already knew Ahankara's answer. It was obvious from her eyes.

"Putri." Bindusar said quielty. "Don't hesitate. You have nothing binding over you now."

Ahankara turned towards Sushim. The pupils in her eyes were dilating with rage.

"I'd rather be called a Putri of the Rajdrohi for the rest of my life than marry you Rajkumar Sushim." Ahankara said calmly.

"Happy?" Bindusar asked the Mahamatya and Sushim irately.

Sushim clenched his mouth shut. Mahamatya hung his head staring the ground.

"Yes Samrat." He said mutedly.

"You may go." Bindusar said to Ahankara. Ahankara bowed and left.

"Have the reinforcements for Rajkumar Ashok left?" Bindusar asked.

"Yes." Khalnatak replied.

"Alright. Now if you will excuse me." Bindusar picked up his sword. "I would like to spend some time with Rani Dharma." Bindusar stood up and walked out of the room.

After Bindusar left Radhagupt burst into laughter. Sushim and Mahamatya glared at Radhagupt.

"Oh God." Radhagupt clutched his sides as they ached from laughing. "I am sorry Mahamatya. I will leave. You two seem to have something to talk about."

Radhagupt barely kept his balance as he walked away trying to contain his laughter.

The echo of Radhagupt's laughter made a volcano of rage fissure in Sushim's mind. His hands were shaking uncontrollably.

"Calm down Rajkumar." Khalnatak said consolingly. "It was worth a try. The support of the Ujjaini Sena would have been a huge boost. However the army we have built is good enough to achieve our goals. And today will be their first victory."

Sushim didn't say anything. He glared at the spot where Ahankara stood.

"Do not worry. What happened here will make Radhagupt think this is what we were planning all this time." Khalnatak spoke quietly. "He has no idea what will hit Ashok next."

Sushim calmed down. "Indeed. Today is the last day that Tuchprani sees the sun."

"Indeed putra. Indeed." Charumitra joined them. "With Ashok out of the way it is just a matter of time before you become the Uttaradhikari of Magadh."

"And once I become the Samrat of Magadh I shall hold that Rajdrohi to her words." Sushim clenched his fists.

"Rajkumar Sushim I must ask." Khalnatak asked. "We have more or less dealt with Rajkumar Ashok. What about Rajkumar Siyamak?"

"Don't worry about him." Sushim said dismissively. "He is weak. Dealing with him is just a matter of seconds."

"Yes. And the Rajmata supports us." Charumitra said smugly.

"Are you sure?" Khalnatak asked. "She seems to be very close to Siyamak."

"Oh that is nothing." Charumitra said dismissively. "She is just trying to turn him against Ashok. Unsuccessfully though. Siyamak is stubborn."

Khalnatak nodded.

"And without her support you would not have been able to kill Chanakya. You do remember that?" Charumitra asked.

"I suppose so." Khanatak said thoughtfully. "But what is her motive?"

"Revenge on Chanakya. She wants to destroy all that he held dear." Charumitra simpered. "It works for us."

"Yes. The poor lady is turning to anyone that will help her avenge her son's death." Sushim chuckled. "Which is weird. He was trying to kill us all."

"Despite everything he was her son. I can understand how she is feeling." Charumitra said thoughtfully. "And you know as they say. The enemy of my enemy is my friend." Charumitra said smugly. Sushim nodded in agreement.

However Khalnatak still felt uneasy.

Ashok will be dealt with today if all goes to plan. He was unsure of the agreement that Rajkumar Sushim and Keechak had. 

What if Keechak betrays Sushim? What if Rajmata supports Keechak if he decides to do so? I need to proceed with caution.

Meanwhile in the plains of Assandh.

Ashok and his Sena were marching through the fields. Reinforcements from Magadh were on there way. They will converge at the river on the borders of Assandh.

Sudheshan was on his horse at the rear guard. He was thinking about what his spy told him last night. So the Rajmata wanted to kill Ashok's mother. That too before everyone knew he was a Rajkumar. Interesting information. However it will be irrelevant by sunset.

Ashok seemed lost in thought as he was flanked by his Senanayaks. He barely got any sleep last night. He was haunted by nightmares again. They seem to be getting worse and worse.

"Savdhan!" A scout was rushing towards them. "Enemy Sena ahead!"

Ashok snapped out of his thoughts. What? So they are waiting for us. Do I fight them? I have to. If I don't, they will attack Assandh...

"What are your orders Rajkumar Ashok?"

"Head out to meet them." Ashok replied determinedly. "Instruct the stewards and the attendants to remain here." Ashok said to the head steward. He nodded and ran off. "Sena of Magadh! Prepare yourself! The enemy is here!" Ashok shouted taking the spear from his attending soldier. Ashok urged Kulbhushan to gallop forward. His Senayaks followed suit.

"What is the plan Rajkumar Ashok?" Bhim Ji asked as they picked up speed.

"Ashraviu to the front." Ashok replied. "Dhanurdhan to the rear." The best formation according to Acharya Akramak.

The orders were passed. Aadarsh galloped ahead of Ashok. Ashok was about to ask him to pull back.

"No Rajkumar." A Senayak spoke. "The enemy is probably well prepared. You must not expose yourself to their attacks."

Ashok nodded. It was not the time to argue. The Magadh Sena formed into battle lines as they charged ahead.

Senayak Shunga was waiting with his army confidently. Reasonably so. Because his army was massive. Comprised of the best archers from Taxilla, the swiftest Ashraviu from Khurasan and the elite infantry from Yunan. He was grateful to the Mahanayak for another chance. He remembered his Mahanayak's words before he departed.

"You will attack Ashok after he leaves Assandh. Destroy the Magadh Army. Kill every last one of them." Keechak shouted from his throne. Mahanayak Keechak was powerfully built. And combined with the dark robes he wore the aura he exuded was awe-inspiring.

"But Mahanayak." Shunga asked. "Can I do it?"

Keechak stood up. He descended from the throne and placed his arm Shunga's shoulder.

"I have absolute faith in you." Keechak said quietly. "Be confident Shunga. This so called Maha Yoddha cannot deal with the might of my Sena. I want complete and utter annihilation."

"Yes. Mahanayak" Shunga bowed his head. Keechak patted his shoulder. He turned around and went back to this throne.

"Go forth!" The Mahanayak shouted extending his arm. "Destroy the Mauryans!"

"Destroy the Mauryans!" Everyone in the throne room joined in. The voices echoed in Shunga's ears burning into his mind.

Shunga smiled as the Mauryan army appeared on the horizon. They were moving at an impressive pace. However, unlike last time. Shunga was ready.

"Sainiko!" Shunga shouted. "Form up!"

Shunga bared his teeth as his Yunani infantry formed the Phalanx.

Ashok was galloping at full pace surrounded by his royal guard. Bhim Ji and Saroj next to him with their spears ready. His eyes widened as he saw the enemy infantry. They were heavily armored and were wielding long pikes. Ashok had heard about these kind of Yoddha from Archarya Akramak. But Acharya Akramak never taught him how to fight them.

"Do not worry Rajkumar Ashok." Aadarsh shouted. "I can deal with this. Sainiko!"

The Magadh cavalry split into two flanks. They charged towards the Yunani infantry from both sides. However, the enemy Ashraviu galloped out and met their charge.

"Archers!" Bhim Ji shouted. And the arrows flew over Ashok and rained on the Yunani infantry. However they didn't seem to have any effect. The arrows were simply repelled by the large pikes.

"Senapati Sudheshan's infantry can deal with them!" Bhim Ji said to Ashok. "We should send him forward."

Ashok nodded. He looked to the battle unfolding ahead of him. The enemy Sena were very powerful.

"Senapati Sudheshan is gone!" Ashok heard someone shout. "As is his division!"

Ashok's felt his hands go cold.

"It can't be!" Bhim Ji shouted. Ashok broke out of the formation to see for himself. And sure enough he could see Sudheshan retreating with the bulk of his army.

I should have sent him back to Patliputra.

Ashok whirled his horse around. He saw the enemy archers preparing to fire their own volley. Ashok decided to take the matter on his own hands. He had to save his Sena.

"Aadarsh!" Ashok shouted. "Pull back!"

Aadarsh pulled the Magadh Ashraviu back as the arrows rained on them. The Khurasani cavalry stopped. Once the last of the arrows hit the ground the Khurasani cavalry gave chase. The Yunani infantry steadily marched ahead. Ashok spotted a short plateau. He suddenly had an idea.

Would it work? Ashok thought to himself. He had no choice. It was a risk he was going to have to take.

"Everyone move towards those plains!" Ashok shouted. The Magadh Sena obeyed their Prince changing their direction. "Bhim Ji. Tell the archers to keep firing at the Ashraviu. Slow them down."

"Archers take your aim." Bhim Ji shouted.

Shunga laughed as he saw the Magadh army retreating. You cannot escape today.

"Charge ahead men!" Shunga shouted. "Do not let them escape!"

The Magadh army rushed towards the plateau as their enemy chased them. Ashok saw the enemy archers falling behind. Ashok smirked. His plan was working.

"Tell our archers to move to the center."Ashok instructed Bhim Ji. "Aadarsh remain on the flanks! Don't let the enemy surround us! No matter what!"

"Archers! Move to the center!"  Ashok heard Bhim Ji shout.

Ashok's Ashraviu and Yoddha moved to flanks as the archers moved to the center. The Magadh army begun descending the plain.

"Rajkumar Ashok why are you giving them the high ground?!" Saroj shouted.

"Just do as I say!" Ashok shouted back. His voice strained. "Turn to face the enemy now!"

The Magadh army formed up as they terrifying Yunani Yoddha and the Khurasani Ashraviu descended on them. Aadarsh and the Magadh Ashraviu clashed with their Khurasani counterparts.

"ARCHERS! FIRE!" Ashok roared. And a fierce volley was unleashed on the Yunani Yoddha. And this time the arrows had a devastating effect. The Yunani Yoddha fell as the arrows pierced them from below. Their pikes were unable to protect their lower body. As the frontline of the Yunani Yoddha fell, the ones behind them tripped on their fallen companions. The Yunani phalanx was broken.

"SAROJ!" Ashok shouted. "CHARGE NOW!"

The Magadh infantry armed with their thick shields and sharp spears  ascended with ferocity and began attacking the disoriented Yunani infantry. Aadarsh and the Magadh Ashraviu had held the Khurasani to a statemate.

"Magadh reinforcements are here!" Ashok heard someone shout. He turned around to see large contingent in the distance moving at a trailblazing pace. His heart leapt with joy. Thank you Pitaji.

Ashok's eyes widened with confusion as they came closer. He didn't recognize the banners they were flying. Even though they were armed and armored like the Magadh Sena they carried different banners. Ashok's joy quickly dissolved as they galloped past the Khurasani cavalry avoiding them completely. They pulled to the rear of Ashok and his army and started attacking them instead.

"What the-?" Ashok watched with horror as this unknown Ashraviu surrounded them. The rear guard of the Magadh army were barely holding off the new enemy.

"Why you cowards!" Ashok yelled. He was about to charge towards them before Bhim Ji blocked his path.

"You must assist Aadarsh and Saroj! We have an advantage over the Yunani and the Khurasani now. We cannot let them regroup! I will handle the rearguard! They are my responsibility."

Ashok nodded. "Alright men! We can do it! Let's take them down!" Ashok shouted turning Kulbushan around and lead his royal guard into the thick of the battle.

Shunga felt livid. The elite Yunani Phalanx was broken through this easily. He saw Ashok charging out with his royal guards. Even though the reinforcements arrived as Mahanayak Keechak said they would, the battle still hung in the balance. His archers had fallen too far behind. Shunga was too careless. It was time to unleash the secret weapon.

"Call Andromechus." Shunga ordered his soldier. After a moment the enormous Yunani mercenary pulled next to him with his Ashwa. He was powerfully built and wore heavy armor. His arms were scarred. A hammer hung from his back.

"You see him?" Shunga said pointing towards Ashok who had joined Aadrash and was leading the rout of the Khurasani Ashraviu. "Kill him."

Andromechus grunted and lumbered ahead. Shunga gripped the reins of his horse. This is it.

Ashok and his royal guard were engaged in a fierce fight with the Khurasani cavalry after he had successfully routed the Yunani Phalanx. On the rear Bhim Ji had successfully engaged the unknown enemy to a statemate. Blades clash with metal and pierced flesh as the ground beneath them turned red. Ashok whirled his spear with verve and ferocity as he and his Sena were fighting off the Khurasani Ashraviu. Victory seemed within sight.

Suddenly Ashok heard death shrieks and he saw bodies flying everywhere. Ashok turned to see a giant Yoddha swinging a massive weapon mauling through his Sena. The Yoddha was as tall as Dastaan. But he was even more powerfully built. If that was even possible. Ashok felt terror grip his heels.

He saw Saroj and the other Sena trying to attack the giant but with one swing of his hammer he knocked everyone away. Saroj managed to save himself by blocking the attack with his shield at the last second. The giant advanced. Saroj tried to roll away. But the Yoddha stepped on his arm. Saroj howled in pain. The giant raised his hammer for the killing blow.

"Oh no you don't!" Ashok shouted. Ashok buried his fear and galloped forward.

"Rajkumar Ashok.  NO!" Aadarsh shouted.

Ashok ignored him and charged head-on as the giant Yoddha turned to face him. Ashok reared his spear ready to strike. The Yoddha swung his hammer as Ashok thrust the spear at him. The hammer broke through Ashok's spear and struck him squarely on the chest.

Ashok was thrown off Kulbhushan and he fell on the ground with a thud.

Ashok felt unbearable pain explode in his chest as the world around him went dark. The shouts of his Sena became a distant echo.

Shunga looked on gleefully as Andromechus simply bulldozed through the Magadh Sena. And now the Rajkumar has fallen.

Shunga saw the Magadh army cavalry and the archers charging towards Andromechus. Shunga signalled him to pull back. The lumbering giant grabbed a horse and quickly retreated to Shunga's ranks.

The Magadh Sena grouped around their fallen Prince as their enemies surrounded them.

Shunga's Yunani Phalanx had regrouped. And the archers have arrived. The unknown ally of Shunga joined the Khurasani Cavalry as they trapped the Magadh Sena. Shunga galloped ahead on the edge of the plain.

"Your Rajkumar has fallen!" Shunga shouted gleefully. "Surrender now and I shall treat you with mercy."

"In your dreams!" One of the Magadh Sena shouted.

"Then die with your Rajkumar!" Shunga shouted. "Archers!"

The Magadh infantry formed a wall and raised their shields as the volley of arrows descended on them. The Magadh Ashraviu had no room to move and the riders dismounted and dragged their horses down under the shields, trying their best to protect them.

Aadarsh handed his horse over to another soldier and rushed to Rajkumar Ashok's side. Bhim Ji sidled up next to him.

"Is he-?"

"He is alive. Barely." Aadarsh said gruffly. Bhim Ji looked on grimly. The Magadh Sena were fighting bravely. But their numbers were dwindling. They were surrounded. They had nowhere to go.

"We will fight them to the last man." Aadarsh said determinedly.

"Today is a good day as any to die." Bhim Ji sighed.

"It has been an honor Bhim Ji." Aadarsh said. Bhim Ji smiled. He then shouted.

"Protect Rajkumar Ashok at any cost!"

The Sena of Magadh roared defiantly as their enemies descended on them.

Sudheshan observed from the battle from a safe distance. The outcome was inevitable and exactly what he desired. Now was the time to return to Patliputra with the sad news.

Now nothing will stand in Rajkumar Sushim's way. He shall ascend the throne of Magadh. And I shall become the Senapati of the most powerful army in the world.

Chapter 10:https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/130857338

Edited by babur1527 - 7 years ago
vidhu22 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
babur the man of words u updated as u said πŸ‘πŸΌ

wht an action packed cum political update Amatya seems deadly thn in the shw he's using his brain wisely not like in the shw using a girl as trump cardπŸ€ͺand helena waiting to see her bubble burst soon hearing abt RG and ashok's success i absolutely loved the sushim-ahankara-khallu-bindhu-RG scene plz borrow sum brain frm ur OS bindusar and giv it to shw's bindu he's so dumb

and coming to the most breathtaking part first of all i just love all the loyal ppl who r near ashok which he seriously misses in the shw i could really visualize a war scene wid ashok in the front and fighting and u've included more n more enemies by ur twists and ended wid a cliff-hanger revive ashok soon i want to see hw my wounded lion roars again

PS:becoz of ur update this week also i'm gonna be super angry wid those stupid cvs fr making ashok  helpless fr more thn a month i wonder if imagining sidd during reading the action block gives this much happiness y can't we get the same in onscreen too
Fascinating Babur, simply superb. The real deal that viewers should've had on their screens instead of an entertainment discussion portal online. 

Keep this up, it has potential. 
Edited by krystal_watz - 8 years ago