Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DanmeiLover thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 8 years ago
Sigh !! Feeling perpetually sad at the human folly...umm..rather CV's folly in no hiring you as the writer. You just get it ! Get the hang of how to write interesting political pot pourri in a historical set up and with larger than life characters while not tampering with the gentle vulnerable human emotional sides of each n every character.
If only the CAS CV...sigh !!

I can hardly wait for your next update.

Your portrayal of Ahankara is every thing that I wanted to see in CAS. I could probably sell my soul to satan if that's what it takes to see it in my tv screen. She's slowly unfolding into the suave savvy political woman I always saw the potential in her , it's beautiful.

*rereading *
Edited by AnnaPaquinFan - 8 years ago
babur1527 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Shelly- Thank you for your kind words. I will be sure to let you know. Though it is very unlikely that I will ever write commercially. 😆

Imashkara- Don't worry madam. There is always next time. Hope you enjoyed this chapter. 😊

Niki- I am glad you enjoyed the update. Yep. Rudra has his own ambitions. He, Radhagupt and Ashok will share an interesting dynamic. Siyamak is one of the most interesting characters in the show. I have my own musings as to how he grows and his ultimate fate. Will I write it in this OS? I dunno. For now I am just planning to complete the Taxilla track and show how Ashok is stationed in Ujjain by Bindusar by the end of that. Oops spoilers. 😛

Crazyforsarun- Thank you. Glad you enjoyed it. Did you read the earlier chapter on page 7? I updated it two days ago. You will have to content yourself with these two chapters. The next update won't be out until Saturday. Sorry. 😆

Gargi- I am glad my writing has been able to fulfill your expectations. There are better writers than me out there. But the CVs only care for cheap trashy romantic one-man army thrillers. Because that is the fangroup they aim for. They still don't understand historical show audiences.

Would like some input from BB, Shyam, Ramsha and Medha as well. Hope they are reading and enjoying this too. Looks like the leap is happening around February. And I will be around IF for only a month or so. Will finish this OS by then. Will miss you guys. But until then enjoy the story and stay tuned for the update. 😊
Edited by babur1527 - 8 years ago
ramsha_001 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Babur 👏 loved both the parts. 
Best part is that you are developing all the characters - Siyamak, ahankara, Bindu, helena and the star is our RG. Loved the conversations. You have presented all the emotions so beautifully.  RG sounds so royal here. I'm curious to see his next move. 

Like gargi said, you are writing down all of our expectations and it is an absolute treat to read it.

Waiting for your next update.⭐️ I'm going to miss reading yours n shyam's FFs after the leap and our discussions, but it doesn't look like leap is coming anytime soon so please continue till the leap happens 😆 

Ps. Sorry, I couldn't read earlier. I have been busy with my practicals.😭
Edited by ramsha_001 - 8 years ago
Khushi_Dillse thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Of course I'm enjoyed...yaar...
And you know naa I m fan of your fan fiction...😛😉
babur1527 thumbnail
Imashkara- I am very flattered Madam.😊

Originally posted by: ramsha_001

Babur 👏 loved both the parts. 

Best part is that you are developing all the characters - Siyamak, ahankara, Bindu, helena and the star is our RG. Loved the conversations. You have presented all the emotions so beautifully.  RG sounds so royal here. I'm curious to see his next move. 

Like gargi said, you are writing down all of our expectations and it is an absolute treat to read it.

Waiting for your next update.⭐️ I'm going to miss reading yours n shyam's FFs after the leap and our discussions, but it doesn't look like leap is coming anytime soon so please continue till the leap happens 😆 

Ps. Sorry, I couldn't read earlier. I have been busy with my practicals.😭

Ah Ramsha. Thank you for reading. I am so glad that my writing has been fulfilling your expectations. Will try to maintain the quality.😃

And what was your practicals for and how did it go? 😛
ramsha_001 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: babur1527

Imashkara- I am very flattered Madam.😊

Ah Ramsha. Thank you for reading. I am so glad that my writing has been fulfilling your expectations. Will try to maintain the quality.😃

And what was your practicals for and how did it go? 😛

I'm a btech student. Had my electronics pracs...it went good baaki lets see!😆

babur1527 thumbnail
Originally posted by: ramsha_001

I'm a btech student. Had my electronics pracs...it went good baaki lets see!😆

Btech? Sweet. As a techy nerd always wanted to study that subject in my teenage years.
Edited by babur1527 - 8 years ago
.scarlet. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Hey!

Just stumbled upon this brilliant piece of fiction somehow and totally enjoyed reading!
Used to follow this show quite religiously but not anymore :P 
Will read and review all the updated chapters of this fic soon! 
babur1527 thumbnail
Originally posted by: .scarlet.

Hey!

Just stumbled upon this brilliant piece of fiction somehow and totally enjoyed reading!
Used to follow this show quite religiously but not anymore :P 
Will read and review all the updated chapters of this fic soon! 

Thank you so much! Hope you enjoy it.😊
babur1527 thumbnail

Chapter 5:https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/130017705

Here is the update. Hope you guys enjoy it. Special thanks to Niki, Ramsha, Shelly, Gargi, Crazyforsarun and Imashkara for continued inspiration.

Chapter 6: The Mole

It was midnight in the palace of Patliputra. Rajkumar...no Yuvraj Sushim was still awake. But inebriated and dizzy.

Sushim was fostering a fondness for Madira. It was a great way to numb his pain and satiate his rage. Pain of being overlooked by his father. And rage towards his younger brother. Ashok.

Ashok the Tuchprani. His prodigious brother has been a thorn by his side the second he showed up. But thankfully that thorn will drown in the seas in just a few days. Information from an unexpected source in form of Amatya Rakshas has been beneficial for him. He did not share it with his Mahamatya yet. After all he had promised his new ally not to.

As long as that Tuchprani was out of his way he was happy.

Which is why he was celebrating. He would have preferred to have some dancing girls around him. But with the Samrat around he will just have to content himself with Madira.

He recently took a sabbatical from his elixir. Because of what happened that night.

He was also drunk that night. Torturing that Rajdrohi was so enjoyable. And when Ashok showed up he had expected that he could hold his own long enough for the guards to arrest Ashok on the charges of attacking him. Later in the court he could accuse Ashok and Ahankara of trying to elope. Ahankara's spirit or whatever was left of it will be crushed as he will make her watch Ashok executed for his alleged actions as Agradhoot. Killing two birds in one stone. But the birds nearly killed him instead.

Hazy details still haunted him. Sushim had to admit that Ashok had surpassed him as a warrior. In a head-on fight he could no longer best his Anuj. In such a short time that Tuchprani accomplished so much. It made his blood boil.

Sushim took another sip from the goblet. Sushim had a hard time keeping his cool whenever he thought of Ashok. And if there was anyone else that infuriated him more it was Ahankara. That putri of the Rajdrohi. She was as good as a Rajdrohi in his eyes.

Sushim smashed the goblet on the floor when memories of what happened the day after Ashok left came back.

Sushim had gone to toy with the Rajdrohi since he was feeling bored. And without Ashok he assumed it would be an easy task.

"You cannot go any further Rajkumar."

"What is the meaning of this?!" Sushim growled at the guard.

"I am sorry Rajkumar," The guard replied. "You are not allowed in this zone until Rajkumari Ahankara's new residence is completed."

"By whose orders?!" Sushim knew the answer as soon as he asked it.

"Samrat Bindusar. He himself said that unless I hear it from him personally I  cannot to allow to go into this zone."

Sushim clenched his fists. He felt like hitting the guard.

"What's the matter Yuvraj?"

He turned to see it was Vasunandan and Subhao. Sushim rolled his eyes.

"Is everything okay Rajan?" Subhao squeaked in an eerie imitation of Khalnatak. It made Sushim's rage spike even more.

"An insubordination of the Rajan's wishes?" Vasunandan joined in. "Shall I call Mahamatya to-" Sushim grabbed Vasunandan's neck in a vice grip. The guards and Subhao immediately grabbed his arm and tried to wrest Vasunandan free. It was to no avail. Sushim then saw his mother walking through the corridor. Sushim threw Vasunandan and pushed away the guards. He gave a gasping Vasunandan a murderous glare and then stormed away.

Sushim sat on his chair trying to calm himself. He remembered his mother's words. He should not be wasting in his energy on such trivial matters.

But what was there he could do? He felt caged in the palace. There was nothing worthwhile that he could do. Not while his father was around. He had gotten used to the freedom he had when he was Prabhari Raja.

And now suddenly he was treated like a criminal in his own palace. Sushim smashed his fist on the armrest.

He heard a commotion outside his room. In his drunken state he swayed towards the door. He saw guards running around the palace.

Not another attack. God how many times has it been this year?

He went towards his bed to get his sword. But his fatigue and his drunkenness overtook his senses and he lost consciousness.

On the outskirts of Patliputra the sun was rising. Radhagupt made it back to the cave after seeing off Senapati Rudra. He managed to evade the guards without too much trouble. He entered the now empty sanctum and layed out a mat. The palace knows that he had gone out of town to do Puja for Chanakya. He was going to return tomorrow.

It has been a fruitful night. Radhagupt smiled. He managed to give the specific directions as to where Senapati Rudra will find Ashok if he starts tomorrow. His letter to another Khurasani Sardar had also reached successfully. He had yet to receive a reply.

Radhagupt sat down and leaned on the smooth surface of the cave walls.

Radhagupt furrowed his eyebrow. All this effort that he put has only managed to negate most of the odds of Ashok being killed. Ashok's life was still at threat. He had exhausted every measure possible to protect Ashok. But there were elements that were out of his control. And there were scenarios he couldn't predict. He wasn't Acharya Chanakya. He couldn't plot out a flawless plan. Not because he didn't have faith in his intellect. He just did not have the weight of authority that Acharya Chanakya had in the Magadh court. To plot a flawless plan he needed to control all the pieces of the puzzle. And a key piece was already controlled by someone else.

The Senapati that the Mahamatya chose was Subhao's father.

Unlike Subhao who had warmed up to Ashok, Subhao's father remained a staunch supporter of Rajkumar Sushim. It was difficult to say what instructions the Mahamatya had given to him.

Sudheshan was a crafty man. He would have been a good choice if Rajkumar Sushim had gone as originally planned. But with Ashok going instead it was hard to say how it was going to pan out.

Right now Radhagupt couldn't know what was going to happen. All he could do is hope for the best.

He closed his eyes to take a short rest. Only rest was hard to come by as nightmarish images clouded his mind.

Meanwhile in the forest of Assandh not far from the city.

The Magadh Army was encamped around a lake. In the royal tent Ashok was meeting with his Senapati and Senanayaks. They were standing around the map.

"Rajkumar I thought we were going by the sea route." A Senanayak asked. He was rugged in appearance and lean in build. He had a scar on his left cheek.

"Who told you that we were going to go by the Samudri Marg?" Ashok asked with an arched eyebrow.

"Samrat Bindusar told me." He replied coolly.

"Really?" Ashok decided to let that lie slide for now. "Never mind. We are sticking to the original plan." Ashok replied.

"Why?" He persisted. Ashok frowned. Ever since the journey started Sudheshan has been trying to undermine his command. Trying to drive a wedge between him and the soldiers.

"Because the enemy has found out that we were going to go by sea." Ashok snapped.

Sudheshan grumbled but he didn't ask any more questions. The rest of the Senanayak looked at one another uncomfortably.

"From what our scouts have managed to gather." Ashok continued ignoring Sudheshan. "Keechak has established several outposts all around Sindh. From where they conduct regular raids. We need to destroy all of them before we proceed. Otherwise they may cut off our supplies."

The Senanayaks nodded. One them confidently said. "Since they are raiding parties it should not be too much of a problem."

"Should not be." Ashok replied with a smile. "You guys have been dealing with these kind of raiders before I was born." Ashok joked.

The Senanayaks chuckled. Sudheshan continued scowling.

"Rajkumar Ashok. What is the plan though? Are we going to march into Taxilla? Or do we have to conduct a siege?"

Ashok folded his arms and stroked his chin. "According to Pitaji's instructions we are supposed to march to Taxilla, take control of the city and arrest Keechak. However." Ashok paused. His eyes drifted towards the Yunani region on the map. He remembered Acharya Radhagupt's words.

"It is difficult to say how strong Keechak's Army is." Ashok replied.

"So what is the plan?" Sudheshan snapped. Ashok glared at him.

"I am getting there." Ashok said through gritted teeth. He turned to the Senanayaks.

"We are going to cut off the trade routes to the city and attempt to force a surrender." Ashok said summing up the plan that Acharya Radhagupt outlined.

"Won't the inhabitants suffer even more?" a Senanayak spoke. "Keechak might oppress them even more by increasing taxes."

"If we conduct a siege then he will use the civilians as shields." Ashok replied. "Keechak only cares about the wealth that traders take there because he needs it to fund his mercenaries. We will have the traders conduct the businesses in our captured outposts. Additionally we are going to conduct raids of our own.  Frequent enough that Keechak starts sending out his armies. If the raids are effective enough Keechak might lead his army himself to fight a decisive battle."

"So basically we are flushing Keechak out like a rat?" A Senanayak asked excitedly.

"Pretty much." Ashok said confidently. The Senanayak smiled, impressed with the plan.

"But." Sudheshan interrupted. "Can we win when Keechak does decide to come out?"

Ashok looked at Sudheshan coldly.

"I have faith in my Sena." Ashok replied. "Maybe you should too."

"I do have faith in them." Sudheshan sneered. "I just don't have faith in an individual who has been a Prince for only a few days."

Ashok clenched his fist. He walked up to Sudheshan meeting his gaze with ferocity.

"I know you don't accept me as a Rajkumar Sudheshan ji." Ashok said quietly. "I don't expect you to. I don't need you to. I am not here just because I am a Prince. I am the Maha Yoddha of Magadh. And I have been chosen by Samrat Bindusar to lead you. If you cannot respect me, at least respect the orders of our Samrat. That is all I expect from you."

The rest of the Senanayak looked at one another and nodded.

"We like your plan Rajkumar Ashok." One of the elderly Senanayaks spoke. "It is well thought out and entails less risk."

Sudheshan looked livid.Ashok turned towards them and smiled. Shreh should be given to Acharya Radhagupt.

"Rajkumar Ashok!" A guard suddenly burst into the tent. "The city of Assandh is being attacked." Ashok clenched his fists. He has reached all way here. Has he become this powerful?

Ashok turned to his Senanayak and he said in a firm voice.

"Prepare the Sena. We are moving out."

"Senanayak Aadarsh." Ashok turned to his cavalry commander. He was a tall burly man. He wore heavy armor and carried a broad sword. Of all the Senanayaks, Aadarsh has been the most obedient. "I will be leading with you. The Magadh cavalry should be there as soon as possible to minimize the casualties." Aadarsh quietly bowed and left. Ashok turned to address the commanders of the heavy chariot and infantry divisions. "The rest of you march after all of you mobilize. We will camp at Assandh tonight after we drive off the raiders."

"Yes Rajkumar." The Senanayaks said together with a bow.

Ashok then walked to his royal chest. He drew out his grandfather's sword and fastened it around his back. Without another word Ashok then dashed out of the tent. The servants bowed as he went out. Sudheshan stood quietly as the Senanayak followed Rajkumar Ashok.

"I need to let Amatya Khalnatak know." Sudheshan muttered. "The ambush should proceed as planned."

Sudheshan walked out of the tent. When Yuvraj Sushim told him last night that they were going by the Samudri Marg he was naturally surprised. And impressed. It was a bold plan. He didn't realize that the rag Prince was capable of such. He wanted to tell Amatya Khalnatak but he didn't do so on the Yuvraj's request. And now he was glad he didn't. If Ashok was going to proceed by the usual plan. Then they will too.

It's a shame. We will lose so many experienced Yoddha. But small price to pay for the future of Yuvraj Sushim. And of course his Private Army will be getting some much needed practice.

The sky was cloudy. Looks like it was going to rain.

Suddheshan smirked.

So that's why you insisted on the chariots Mahamatya.

Leave your thoughts below. Next update will be up by Monday.

Chapter 7:https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/130222503

Edited by babur1527 - 7 years ago