Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mistofshadows thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: babur1527

Thank you Niki for your kind words. I am glad I updated the story instead of watching that crap episode. Plaudits to BB for the WU.πŸ˜†

Regarding KVK, in short, no. I am not introducing her. Devi and Asandhimitra though...you will have to wait.πŸ˜†

I really suck at writing female characters. So I am going to take one step at a time.

Regarding Siyamak. There is a plot twist I am letting you know now. He was not involved in Chanakya's murder. I have decided to re-write that incident.πŸ˜†

And I loved your Nicator update. The King in Rags was peach.

Regarding Ujjain. Before Ashok went to Taxilla he was supposed to suppress the revolt in Ujjain. But unfortunately the CVs glossed it over. And I had to adjust my OS according to that.

For now. The treaty that Chanakya and Bindusar made holds. There will be other problems post Taxilla. Just wait and watch. Senapati Rudra is not just some "Yes Mam." guy.😊

You update your OS too. I need some inspiration with all the crap going on in the show. πŸ˜›

Green -  πŸ₯³

Pink - 😲 πŸ₯³

I think you made my day.
Khushi_Dillse thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Ahankara ne to ashoka ki tareefo k bridge bana diye...πŸ˜‰
Masterstrock radhagupt...very nice move like AC...πŸ‘πŸΌ
He ask asked ahan to help ashoka...After all she is queen of ujjaini...And ahan also happy to do something for ashoka...
"Samay ka bara hi vichatra lakhshan hai...parivartan."
Superb line babur...πŸ‘πŸΌ 
Ashoka ahankara seen was lovely...jyada baat nahi but they're eyes talks πŸ˜³
Ashoka completely ignore khallu... He was feeling insulting... I like it very much πŸ˜†
Fantastic update babur...πŸ€—

babur1527 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Imashkara

Ahankara ne to ashoka ki tareefo k bridge bana diye...πŸ˜‰

Masterstrock radhagupt...very nice move like AC...πŸ‘πŸΌ
He ask asked ahan to help ashoka...After all she is queen of ujjaini...And ahan also happy to do something for ashoka...
"Samay ka bara hi vichatra lakhshan hai...parivartan."
Superb line babur...πŸ‘πŸΌ 
Ashoka ahankara seen was lovely...jyada baat nahi but they're eyes talks πŸ˜³
Ashoka completely ignore khallu... He was feeling insulting... I like it very much πŸ˜†
Fantastic update babur...πŸ€—

Thank you for reading madam. Glad you enjoyed it.

I borrowed the dialogue from the show. πŸ˜†

Update in the next post. 
babur1527 thumbnail

Chapter 4: The expedition begins (Page-7): https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/129990549

Enjoy the update guys. πŸ˜Š

Chapter 5: The Rendezvous 

Four days have passed since Ashok had departed for Taxilla. The palace felt strangely empty without his presence. Not that Siyamak felt that way anymore. At least he was trying to convince himself not to.

It was hard for Siyamak to deal with the torrents of emotions in his heart. So many things have happened the past year. He has lost everything. Everything he cherished has been crushed to pieces. The world that believed he lived in was nothing but an illusion.

And Siyamak blamed Ashok for everything. At least he wanted to. Or Rajmata Helena wanted him to.

It was easy to blame Ashok. His long lost Bhrata. It was so easy to blame his brother for all the troubles he was facing. Rajmata Helena constantly hounded him trying to etch these words into his mind.

"Ashok will take everything away from you."

He wanted to believe her. But his heart couldn't. Not after all he has been through with Ashok.

He foolishly believed his Bhrata Sushim when he tried to instigate him against Ashok. He later found out from his Pitaji that Ashok was arguing with him to allow Siyamak to participate in the debate competition to decide who will be the Prabhari Raja.

And since then any negative thing that anyone said against Ashok, he took it with a pinch of salt.

At least until he saw Ashok murdering his mother.

Murder. That is what Siyamak would like to call it. But deep down, he knew full well that his mother was a traitor that was trying to kill everyone in his family. To ensure that he, Siyamak ascends the throne of Magadh. Siyamak had a hard time accepting that.

Memories of his mother flooded his mind. Tender memories of her warm embrace, her comforting scent and her sweet lullaby.

But amidst all that Siyamak remembered the venom that his mother harbored for Ashok. He didn't heed it too much at the time. His mentor, Rajkumar Justin always told him to ignore the rants and tantrums of his mother.

Siyamak's heart throbbed painfully. His mentor. His Kaka Justin, was a good man. Despite what the world says, he knew that his Kaka was a good man. He saw Justin fighting to protect him, his mother, and his family. As far as Siyamak knew his Kaka was a valiant man who was unjustly killed. Siyamak didn't care if it was foolish of him to think that way.

Rajmata Helena blamed Ashok for that as well. Why was everyone after Ashok? Siyamak couldn't understand. Ashok was protecting his Acharya from the false accusations of that Rajdrohi Rajaji Raj. He was doing his duty. Ashok did not force Justin to take the blame.

And Siyamak couldn't understand why Justin took the blame upon himself.

Siyamak stood on the balcony looking into the darkness. Tonight it was pitch black. The moon and the stars were absent. The only light was from the torches of the palace. Eerie shadows from the patrolling guards made the scenery morbid and ominous.

Suddenly the guards were not around anymore. Something caught Siyamak's eye. Hooded figures were creeping around the corridor. Siyamak called for the guards. But no one responded.

He quickly grabbed a sword from the rack and ran down the stairs. When he reached the scene it was empty. He kept looking around but they were no where in sight.

"Rajkumar." Siyamak turned to see it was the guards. "Is something the matter?"

"Is something the matter?" Siyamak repeated through gritted teeth. "Where the hell were you?"

The guards looked at one another nervously.

"We went to get a drink. We were thirsty."

"You could have gone one after another!" Siyamak roared. "Do you not know the protocols of being a guard? Who the hell appointed you?!"

The guards hung their head in shame.

"Siyamak."

Siyamak turned to see it was the Rajmata. Siyamak rolled his eyes. Why doesn't she leave me alone? She is so bloody insufferable.

"What is the matter Siyamak?" Helena asked concernedly. "You can tell your Pitamahi."

"Shut up." Siyamak snapped. He turned to the guards. "You!" He said pointing to the guard on the left. "Come with me. And you! Alert all the guards. The palace is possibly infiltrated. Get someone to notify Pitaji as well."

Before Helena could say anything Siyamak stormed off into the passage around the corner of the corridor.

Helena was shocked into absolute silence. The remaining guard bowed to her and then left. She stood there in the corridor like a statue. The silence was deafening. Siyamak's behavior didn't really surprise her. She was never really nice to him. Not while Justin was alive.

Helena suppressed her tears. If only she knew. She would have taken a different approach. And her son would have been alive today.

Helena was not the best mother. Her faux warmth could fool Bindusar into thinking that but Justin was proof that she was a failure as a mother. She was well aware of her shortcomings in this aspect.

She spent the better part of her life as a mother trying to grow venom in Justin's heart. The same venom that she festered because of Chandragupt's cold indifference towards her.

But Justin had inherited more Mauryan traits than she would have liked. Despite Justin's pretensions she knew that he never hated Bindusar. Deep down in his heart Justin dearly loved his younger brother. He had so many chances to kill Bindusar but he never had the heart to do it. Try as Helena did she could not make Justin do it.

And deep inside her mind she wondered if the spiteful nature of her parenting had sapped away Justin's potential.

She wondered if she had instead nurtured Justin with love and helped him focus on developing his own abilities, Justin could have been chosen by Samrat Chandragupt as his successor.

But Helena remembered, that from the offset, Chandragupt's and that insufferable rogue Chanakya's preference was for Bindusar. Despite Justin displaying more talent in his growing years, despite Justin showing more passion towards his princely duties, he was always overlooked in favor of the inferior brother. At least that is what Helena perceived.

Helena shook her head. She needed to gather her guptchar.

An infiltration in the palace? Who is this new enemy?

On the outskirts of Patliputra a lone cart was pulling away unnoticed in the darkness.

Inside Ahankara and Ishwarii were sitting next to each other, black robes pulled around their faces. It was a close call. Acharya Radhagupt had given them a five minute window to sneak out. But Rajkumar Siyamak almost caught them.

"We won't get caught will we?" Ahankara asked worriedly.

"Don't worry." Ishwari said with a sly smile. "Our guptchar will handle everything."

Ahankara nodded. She hoped the girl that was posing as herself in the palace right now does not get discovered.

Radhagupt was waiting outside a well hidden cave with his personal guards. Around them was a dense forest. It was on the southern side of Patliputra. Radhagupt carefully chose this spot for two key reasons. One, it was easier to get Rajkumari Ahanakara there. Two, no one would look for them there. Although it would have been difficult for Senapati Rudra to find that place, Radhagupt's guptchar will make sure that he gets there.

Radhagupt was getting the hang of being in command. Yes, there were times when he took over Acharya Chanakaya's mantle. But this time it was for the long haul.

Radhagupt looked out to the sky. It was ominously void of the moon and the stars. A rare sight in Magadh. Looks like God was favoring him tonight.

Radhagupt turned to see a cart conspicuously rolling out of the forest. A lone lamp illuminated the path ahead of it.

The cart halted before Radhagupt. And two hooded figures stepped down from it.

The driver descended with the lamp and stood next to the two passengers.

"Ishwari." Radhagupt said irately. "What took you so long?"

"I am sorry Acharya." Ishwari said quietly. "Rajkumar Siyamak had spotted us while we were leaving."

Radhagupt clicked his toungue irritably. "Don't tell me he saw your faces."

"I don't think so." Ishwari said assuredly. "We were in our cloaks."

Radhagupt sighed. "Are you okay Rajkumari?"

"I am fine." Ahankara replied, "Has Acharya Rudra arrived?"

"Not yet." Radhagupt replied. "You should go in. Too many people shouldn't gather here right now. All we know Siyamak might have alerted the guards and they are tearing through Patliputra. The Magadh security is on high alert."

"Damn it." Radhagupt muttered as the the two women stepped into the cave. This plan was risky enough as it was. He didn't need the Magadh guards hounding him right now.

It wasn't until the quarter of an hour, that Radhagupt saw the cart he was waiting for hauling through the rugged terrain.

A figure quickly jumped out of it. He grabbed the lamp from the driver and walked up to Radhagupt.

He was younger than Radhagupt expected. Average in height. His facial features were well defined with a strong jaw line indicating his strong build. Like any other warrior in Bharat he had a finely trimmed moustache that framed his mouth. He was donned in the black and grey Ujjaini robes. A decorated sword hung from his belt.

"Senapati Rudra." Radhagupt said heavy voice. "Finally."

"Where is Rani Ahankara?" Rudra asked quietly.

"Inside." Radhagupt replied pointing to the cave. "Shall we?"

Rudra nodded. Radhagupt led him into the cave. His guards trailing him. None of them noticed several figures shadowing them as they entered the cave.

Radhagupt led Rudra and the rest through the passage into the inner sanctum of the cave. At the middle of which Rajkumari Ahankara stood with Ishwari her hood pulled over.

"Your majesty." Rudra croaked as his eyes found Ahankara.

Ahankara bit her lip as tears poured down her face. It was after so long that she was seeing his face. He was her guru. Her solace when her father and mother were busy fretting over courtly matters. After her father ascended the throne of Ujjain her parents rarely spared time for her. They were always busy plotting. Acharya Rudra was always there for her. Acharya Rudra was the one who taught her how to ride a horse, how to fight with shastra.  And she was glad he was the one who became the senapati and now regent of Ujjain.

"Acharya..."

"It's alright." Rudra said. "I am here."

"So shall we get to the matter at hand?" Radhagupt asked.

"Of course!" Rudra said menacingly. "Sipahiyo!"

And instantly they were surrounded by Ujjaini soldiers.

"Thank you Acharya Radhagupt." Rudra sneered. "I will take it from here."

Radhagupt sighed. "Damned Ujjanis. Guards!"

And Radhagupt's guards drew their swords as well. And more guptchar came out of their hiding places. Radhagupt's guards outnumbered Rudra's men.

Rudra was taken aback.

"I am not a fool that fumbles in the darkness Senapati Rudra." Radhagupt continued his scowl set on Rudra. "I knew you were going to attempt something as underhanded as this."

Rudra drew his sword. "Doesn't matter. We are taking Rani Ahankara with us no matter what."

"Stop it Acharya!" Ahankara cried.

"Don't worry your majesty." Rudra said advancing towards Radhagupt. "I will free you from these Magadh scum."

Radhagupt stood his ground. As Rudra advanced towards him Radhagupt gestured to his guards to remain standing. Rudra raised his sword.

"ACHARYA STOP!" Ahankara shrieked and ran between Radhagupt and Rudra. She faced Rudra and spread her arms shielding Radhagupt.

Rudra's eyes widened in surprise.

"Why are you protecting these scums your highness?" Rudra spat. "These Magadh people always treated us like trash. They killed your parents. They have imprisoned you and Yuvraj Nakula! Their governors and merchants rob us in broad daylight. And you are protecting them?"

Ahankara didn't cower in front of Rudra's tirade. She responded with even more ferocity.

"I have seen how tyrannic a Mauryan can be first hand Acharya! I have experienced it first hand. Stop treating me like some clueless damsel!"

Rudra's rage faltered. He lowered his sword and it hung by his side. He gaped at Ahankara. "But...then...why?"

"Because I have also seen how just and benevolent a Mauryan can be." Ahankara said simply. "And like you once told me Acharya, we reap what we sow. If we have suffered it is because of what our King and Queen did. If I and my brother have suffered it is because of what my father and mother did."

Rudra took heavy breaths trying to calm himself. "I still don't understand Rani Ahankara. Please...tell me everything. Sipahiyo. Stand down."

Rudra's men lowered their swords. Radhagupt nodded and his guards followed suit. Except for a few that stood close to Radhagupt.

Ahankara then recounted everything that happened over the past few months since the Lakhsagraha incident. Everything. How Sushim turned against her and tried to get her punished. How Ashok intervened and protected her life. How Rani Niharika attempted a siege but then resorted to a peace treaty. Only to attempt another conspiracy. How she, without caring for her daughter gave her away to Rajkumar Sushim. As Ahankara recounted as to how cruelly Sushim had treated her Rudra was shaking with rage. But when she recounted how Ashok was set to sacrifice his life for her Rudra's rage died away.

"...and the same Rajkumar needs our help right now." Ahankara implored to Rudra. "Please. Help him. Please protect him. For me."

Rudra swallowed and looked towards Radhagupt.

"I know what our zamindar have been doing in Ujjain." Radhagupt said quietly. "I know that there are some serious issues that need to be addressed. I promise you. The people of Ujjain will get the rights they deserve. The kingdom of Ujjain will get the honor it deserves. But right now I need you to help me protect the Rajkumar that can get Ujjain all of it."

Rudra looked down contemplating everything that he heard the past few moments. How could Rani Niharika be so heartless. How could she just destroy her daughter's life like that? Rani Ahankara was right. We do reap what we sow. The Magadh government was corrupt.But what is the point of freedom if we become worse than the ones we despise? What was the point of obtaining power if we destroy the lives of those we care for?

"So what is the plan Acharya?" Rudra asked reluctantly. Radhagupt folded his arms and smiled. Ahankara's face lit up with elation.

"I need you to muster your swiftest troops and leave for Taxilla." Radhagupt said  "We will discuss the details at a more convenient place."

Rudra nodded. Ahankara's smile widened.

"It's time to return to the palace Rajkumari. We will leave by ones and twos." Radhagupt said quietly. He heard Rudra grumbling behind him. "Ishwari." He called to his diminutive guptchar. "Make sure she returns safely. Undetected." Radhagupt added.

Ishwari nodded.

"I leave her in your hands." Radhagupt said dismissing them. Ahankara said her farewell to her people and swiftly exited the cave.

Rudra sighed. "Well played Acharya Radhagupt. Well played."

Radhagupt smirked. "Oh. The game has just begun." 

As Radhagupt waited with the strange band of people he assembled tonight in the cave, he wondered how far Ashok had traversed with his troops.

The Yunani sailors are going on a wild goose chase. 

Leave your thoughts below. Hope you enjoyed it.

Chapter 6: https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/130134243

Edited by babur1527 - 7 years ago
musicndance2 thumbnail
OMG Babur!!!!!  This was breathtaking...  if u ever decide to direct a political thriller show... do tell us... I would be a regular viewer... OMG I loved it...
Khushi_Dillse thumbnail
Iss baar bhi me first nahi hu...πŸ˜•
musicndance2 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Imashkara

Iss baar bhi me first nahi hu...πŸ˜•

πŸ˜† I m fan of Babur 's fan fictionπŸ˜‰
Khushi_Dillse thumbnail

Originally posted by: musicndance2

πŸ˜† I m fan of Babur 's fan fictionπŸ˜‰

Me Too πŸ˜›πŸ˜‰
mistofshadows thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5
Ahhh another and that too so soon. Brilliant 

This chapter  in one word is all politics and does great in showing that Radhagupta is after all a student of Acharya Chanakya. The way he had anticipated his opponents actions, the way he had prepared for it and the way he had cornered his opponent to agree his proposal was freaking awesome. Enjoyed these games a lot.
RG has won the first round. Now it is upto Ashok to win the second. I doubt Acharya Rudra will easily accept him, despite his liege lady, Ahankara's request.

And then Siamak. Helena = Insufferable πŸ˜†

At least the character here is acceptable. Seriously this is the portrayal I wanted to see in the show. And Siamak is wary about the Rajmata too. The way he said 'Shut Up', proves that he doesn't trust her blindly like in the show. Siamak has retained his judgemental skills and brain cells, unlike the show where he had latched onto Rajmata like a leech and sacrificed his wits for that. And he feels for Ashok too. That gave an integral perspective of his character.

I did like how Helena wondered if her way of bringing up Justin was wrong. That somehow made her seem more humane than crying rivers at her son's death and swearing revenge like she did in the show.

All in all a whole update πŸ‘

Do continue soon. Will be waiting.

- Niki

-ChildOfChrist- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Mindblowing!
I've always wanted Ahan to help out Ashok in some kind of way
I like heroines who actually do something to help out rather than just sit and cry
Love Radhagupt here!
So glad that Siamak isn't the what they turned him into in the show
Honestly if you were the writer of CAS their trp's would sky rocket
Great work! Update soon!