Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

santiagosentyou thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 8 years ago
Well done you guys. This was a much needed issue.
gawa95 thumbnail
I can totally relate to this...
Thanks for the awesome post. 
K.S. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Thank you for making such an amazing post..👏
AASUS thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Lovely graphics and informative post. Ty
Starwalkers thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Totally informative post CCs! You guys did an amazing job.

Those people who have someone who listens and cares do find a way about depression. But those who are alone have to face this "thing" by themselves and it really becomes a battle between two sides of yourself.
Palak_Paneer thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Thank you so much for this post.
I am really going through such a phase in life and can totally relate most of the points listed in the post.And it is really really difficult when you face a lot of setbacks and finally lose all your motivation .It is long since I smiled wholeheartedly.Hopefully I will get out of this phase as soon as possible:)
Edited by cutewinnie - 8 years ago
Sehat thumbnail

Edited by Sehat - 8 years ago
Colossial thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: cutewinnie

Thank you so much for this post.

I am really going through such a phase in life and can totally relate most of the points listed in the post.And it is really really difficult when you face a lot of setbacks and finally lose all your motivation .It is long since I smiled wholeheartedly.Hopefully I will get out of this phase as soon as possible:)

I have gone through this phase for last six years when there was no one around me to understand my pain. I had given up all hope and happiness in my life. I felt ending my life. Nothing seemed to matter to me. Every small step and effort was turning to gaint failure. I became a butt of jokes among my relative for above 26+ for being overweight, unemployed and unmarried. My married cousins do not even consider me as a part of their family. My relatives and near family always ignored me whenever they visited our house or in family functions.So I got quite lonely.

If you are unemployed you cannot afford get togheters with friends in super posh places so had to bow out of everything. My friends are super rich and never heard about a word called budget. So they felt I was I ignoring them deliberately so I lost most of my friends too.

But with counselling and therapy now I believe that their is some reason I am alive for. For some reason I am on the earth. I try to be a good human and a good daughter. I never make fun of anyone and always try to speak up my mind and give zero f**ks to people and situations which who do not matter to me. As Deepika says "its my life and its my choice."

So  after my long boring story I hope I have lessened your burden and I managed to help you a bit.

Colossial thumbnail

Originally posted by: Destiny_rose

Totally informative post CCs! You guys did an amazing job.

Those people who have someone who listens and cares do find a way about depression. But those who are alone have to face this "thing" by themselves and it really becomes a battle between two sides of yourself.

Yes when people do not understand depression feels like someone is suffocating you by their apathy. Apathy towards someone suffering from clinical ( serious medical condition with therapy and medicine) or disthymic( chronic and long term depression which does not allows to enjoy daily life) worsens the condition. This may lead the person to give up on life and attempt self harm and or attempt suicide.

If you want help to fight this disorder then the will to stay alive is always there. In my case my will and having psychology in high school helped me in curing out of depression without medication. But for some people medication and therapy is part of life. If this is accepted then depression can never win over life.
shilpi11 thumbnail
Nicely written. Amazing article.