Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

arohijsp thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Thank you Neet, its so lovely.
I don't watch tsm anymore, but reading your updates I'm reliving all manya moments.you are an awsome writer, I've become a fan of yours! 👏
Black_Maniac thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Its such a bliss to read your updates...
I love them... This totally makes my day...
So magical... Update soon. :-)
RestlessWriter thumbnail

Hello everyone!

Thank you so much for your continued support for this story. Like I mentioned, I've stopped watching the show but I am writing this story because I want to get ManYa out of my system by giving them a more logical story and ending and I really appreciate all of your comments and likes for the story. This chapter is rather long so consider yourself warned! Another thing I'd like to add is, since this is a ManYa story, I haven't given a lot of thought or importance to RaRa's story. If my treatment of RaRa's story does not meet your expectations, apologies in advance!

With that.. Presenting Chapter 7! Do let me know how you like it/hate it,

Cheers,

Neet

Chapter 7

"Amaya, come. Get your mehendi done. Its going to take time to dry so better get it done quick before the dance instructor comes for the sangeet practice," Sneha told Amaya as she brought Amaya to the courtyard where Rachita was sitting waiting to get her mehendi done. Sneha sat down next to the girls and took a mehendi cone and applied some on Rachita's palm. "Rachu beta, this is your shagun ki mehendi, from dad and me," she said and she kissed Rachita's forehead.

"Amu, show me your hand," Sneha said. "My hand? But why mom?" Amaya asked. "Arey show me," Sneha said and tugged at Amu's hand. She smeared some mehendi onto Amu's palm as well. "Mom! This is the shagun ki mehendi. Why are you putting it on me?" Amaya asked. "Because they say, those who get the shagun ki mehendi get married pretty soon too," Sneha teased. "Mom!" Amaya started to protest but out of the corner of her eye, she spotted Mantu. When she stole a glance at him, she saw a smile on his face and she knew he had overheard the whole exchange. Amu couldn't help the fluttering of her heart at the thought that someday she would be the bride getting her mehendi done - Mantu's bride.

The mehendi lady took over from Sneha and she started to draw beautiful delicate patterns on Rachita's hands and feet. Another lady came and sat by Amu. One of the girls teased Amu, "Amaya! Rachi di is going to hide the letter R in her mehendi for Rama jiju to find. What letter are you going to hide in your mehendi?" "What is with this writing letters in the mehendi?" Amaya asked. The mehendi lady explained, "You write the name of the person you are marrying in your mehendi and hide it. On the wedding night, the husband tries to find his name in the mehendi." This was followed by a lot of giggles from the girls. "They also say, the darker the color of your mehendi, the more your husband will love you," the mehendi lady added. "So whose name do you want me to hide in your mehendi?" she teased Amaya.

Amaya's eyes immediately sought Mantu out in the midst of all the people gathered. Mantu's attention was fixed on her and Amaya blushed crimson. She couldn't possibly write Mantu's name in her mehendi. Maybe an M? she wondered. But who would she say the M was for if someone asked? Then she had an idea. "Just write A," she told the mehendi lady. "A for Amaya?" the girls commented, "how boring." Amaya looked towards Mantu and he was still smiling. As the lady inscribed the letter A into her mehendi pattern, Amaya started coughing.

"What happened Amu? Are you alright?" Rachita asked. "Nothing Rachi di," Amaya replied and turned to the mehendi lady still coughing, "Could you get me some water please?" As soon as the mehendi lady left to get her water, Amaya discreetly took the mehendi cone and changed the A in her design into an M.

After the lady brought the water and Amaya stopped her fake coughing, the lady looked at her palm and said, "Oh no, looks like your mehendi got smudged. The A looks more like an M now." Amaya put on as innocent an expression as she could and looked at it. "Oh.. What do we do now?" she asked. "We can't really do anything, the M will have to stay. Maybe someone whose name starts with M is written in your fate," she said as she went back to completing the design. A bubble of joy welled up in both Amaya's and Mantu's heart as they looked at each other.

"The bride and groom can do a pair dance and lets see.." the dance instructor, a boisterous middle aged lady named Kangana scanned the people gathered to find her next pair. "Of course, the bride's to-be brother in law and the groom's to-be sister-in-law!" she said pointing towards Mantu and Amaya, "yes! You two will be performing together! Come here." Mantu and Amaya glanced at each other briefly before walking up to Kangana.

"Bride's Mummyji!" she called out to Sneha who was passing by. "Yes?" Sneha asked. "I wanted to tell you that I will be taking triple the fees," Kangana said. Everyone looked surprised. "But.. why?" Sneha asked. "For one, you have such handsome boys roaming around in this house, its difficult for me to concentrate on my dancing. And the other reason is I've found you a boy for your other daughter. So I deserve to get the matchmaker fees!" Kangana announced.

Sneha looked at Kangana confused. "Arey Auntyji, look at this boy right here. Look at the two of them together," Kangana said, thrusting Mantu and Amaya towards each other, "Will you ever be able to find a better looking boy for your daughter eh?" Sneha and everyone gathered laughed at that but Mantu and Amaya gave each other shy glances.

"Yes! Yes! Of course. Amu, Mantu.. What say? Mantu is such a nice boy. Shall I get you two married too in this same mandap?" Sneha teased. "Kanganaji.. You don't know Amaya. She probably already has a huge list of expectations about the guy she wants to marry. I'll consider myself extremely lucky if I can find someone who fits even one-third of her criteria," Sneha laughed.

"Yes! And I don't think anyone in Banaras would fit her long list of criteria. What were your demands Amu? Super rich, super cool, super handsome, super fashionable.. What else? Even I can't remember it all.." Jazz added. Amaya saw Mantu's face fall at that. "No.. No.. There's nothing like that," Amaya quickly butted in, "People change and their expectations change too." "Yeah right Amu! Actually, in a way its good that you have such an impossible list of expectations. Some guy somewhere will be the saved the trouble of dealing with you for life," Jazz quipped.

Amaya glared at Jazz angrily but didn't say anything as she looked towards Mantu. What could she say or do to convince him that he was the one, the only one she wanted to be with? "Okay now all of you get on with the rehearsals. We need to have a spectacular performance tonight!" Sneha said before she went back to doing her work.

"Were you able to find out anything Mantu?" Rama asked when they took a break from rehearsing their dance. Mantu felt bad. Ever since Jazz had made the comment that there was no way any guy from Banaras could fit the description for Amaya's ideal man, he had been wallowing in self pity. It was something that had bothered him ever since he had become aware of the first seeds of love for Amaya being sown in his heart. She was Amaya Mathur - city born and bred, Paris return, the princess daughter of a business tycoon, used to the luxuries of life, who had landed in Banaras only because of an unfortunate twist of fate like a fallen angel. And he? He was a born and brought up in Banaras, orphan, tourist guide-cum-computer engineer who did not even have a stable job to boast of. All he had were dreams and responsibilities. Would he ever be worthy enough of her? What could he ever offer her other than his heart, love and life? And would that be enough for her? Didn't she deserve so much more?

"Mantu.." Rama's hand on his shoulder shook him out of his reverie. "I'm asking you something." "Huh.. Haan.. Sorry.. I was just.. Distracted by something else.." Mantu replied. "Is everything okay? Ever since Kanganaji paired you with Amaya, you seem upset. Did the two of you fight or something?" Rama commented. "No no! There is nothing like that. You are overthinking. Everything is okay between Amaya and me. As for Rachitaji.. What I said was right. She is just nervous about the wedding. You know Rachita, Amaya and Jazz, they've all grown up in such a different environment. They used to live a life of such luxuries and all it took was one blow from fate and they lost it all. This move to Banaras, settling here in itself has been such a drastic change and stressful time for them. And now a wedding all of a sudden. You have to admit, the wedding is being rushed. It would've been better if you'd both gotten some time to better know each other. Don't get me wrong. Rachita knows how much you love her. She just needs time - to adjust to this new change in her life, to adjust to your family and their lifestyle. Just give her more time Rama.. Along with your love, give her some time and space too" Mantu said. Rama nodded his head, "You are right Mantu. Maybe I was getting a bit too carried away in my newfound love. It's the first time I've felt this way about anyone you know. It's not as if you fall in love and everything just falls into place. But tell me one thing.. Did Amaya tell you all of this? If not, how and when did you get such a deep insight on how love works?" Rama asked. Mantu fumbled for an answer but thankfully was saved in the nick of time by Kangana asking everyone to get back to practicing their steps.

Amaya was particularly aware of the fact that though Mantu was dancing with her, his mind was preoccupied with something else. And she knew what it was. He had seemed really distracted after Jazz's statement that no boy in Banaras could match up to Amaya's expectations for a life partner. How could she tell him that he was all she had ever wanted in life? He was perfect for her in every way that no one else could ever be? She needed to tell him and she needed to tell him soon. But she wouldn't just drag him to a corner and say I love you. She was Amaya Mathur after all and she had fallen in love for the very first and last time. When she confessed her love, it would have to be extra special. An idea struck her just then and she hurried off leaving her dance rehearsals mid way.

She had left the dance rehearsals mid way yesterday. He hadn't practiced the whole dance with her even once yet and the Sangeet ceremony was about to begin. True to his word, Mantu noted that Rama was making it a point to give Rachita space and was not constantly trying to gain her attention. Even to him, Rachita seemed a lot more relaxed with this new turn in Rama's behavior. But where was Amaya? Why was she behaving so strangely? Mantu wondered as his eyes kept searching the crowds for a glimpse of Amaya.

Just then, his heart skipped a beat and Mantu knew she was somewhere close by. He turned and his eyes scanned the crowd. She emerged from the far end of the hall looking more gorgeous than ever. Her smile made her face glow radiantly as she made her way towards him. The dark pink and green lehenga choli she wore matched perfectly with the green kurta he'd worn for the function. She came and stood right in front of him and smiled. With her one smile, he forgot all about his resentment at her behavior and he smiled too. "How do I look?" She asked. Mantu had to remind himself that he was annoyed with her. "What is this Amaya? The Sangeet is about to start and we haven't practiced our whole dance together even once! Where did you disappear from the rehearsal? How will we perform without rehearsing together? What.." She shushed him with a finger to his lips, "Oh God Mantu! You talk so much! I had to make arrangements for something very very important and that's why I disappeared from the rehearsal." "What was so important Amaya?" He asked. She took a deep breath and looked around. There were way too many people here. She caught hold of his hand and took him into the room nearby. "I have a surprise for you, Mantu and it's just for you and I hope that it'll be a happy surprise for you and it'll answer all the questions you have. And I want you to know that this surprise comes straight from my heart," she said breathlessly. Mantu stared at her not comprehending what she was saying. "Surprise? For me? What surprise?" He asked. "Wait for it," she replied with a cheeky smile before ruffling her hand through his hair and running out the door.

"We will start off the Sangeet ceremony with a very special performance by our very own Amu," Jazz announced. Special performance by Amaya? She was dancing solo too? Was this her surprise? Mantu wondered. But why had she been so cryptic about it?

When Amaya took to the stage, all the lights dimmed out and there was a single spotlight on the center of the stage where she stood with a mike in hand. "Today, we are celebrating love. We are celebrating the tying together of two hearts. Two hearts that did not even know each other till a few months back. But then time does not dictate or define love. Love happens and time becomes insignificant. And I am standing here to celebrate that kind of a love.. To express that kind of a love.. The kind of love that conquers your heart and soul and sets you free.. The kind of love that gives you butterflies in your tummy and brings you the greatest comfort in life.. The kind of love that makes you childish and yet makes you realize who you really are and what you really want and can do for it.. And to find that kind of love is a blessing like none other. Here's to love.. The love in our hearts that has finally found it's way to our lips.."

Mantu's heart raced as each of the words that Amaya said sunk in, because she had been looking just at him as she spoke. To everyone else though, it seemed as if Amaya was speaking about Rachu and Rama but Mantu knew without a shred of doubt that every word that spilled from her lips was meant for him and him only.

A soft melody started playing as Amaya started singing.

Main jaan yeh vaar doon,

Har jeet bhi haar doon,

Keemat ho koi tujhe beintehaa pyaar doon,

Saari hadein meri ab Maine thod di,

Dekar mujhe patha awaragi ban gaye

Haan hansi ban gaye,

Haan nami ban gaye,

Tum mere aasman meri zameen ban gaye.

As she sang, both of them imagined the rest of the world fade away as they walked towards each other. Mantu took her hand in his as he twirled her and pulled her to him and the two of them slow danced to the melodious music, lost in each other and their love.

Kya khoob rab be kiya

Bin maange itna diya

Warna hai molts kahan

Hum kafiron ko khuda

Hasratein ab meri

Tumse hai jaa mili

Tum dua ab meri aakhri ban gaye

Haan hansi ban gaye,

Haan nami ban gaye,

Tum mere aasman, meri zameen ban gaye...

When Amaya finished singing, everyone erupted in applause but Mantu just stood there, his eyes brimming with tears. She had just confessed her love for him in front of the whole world in the most beautiful way possible. And yet, he couldn't even take her in his arms to relish the moment. He stepped away from the crowd, wiping away his tears.

As everyone commented on her singing, Amaya's eyes kept searching for the one person she had meant the song for. But he was nowhere to be seen. She excused herself from the gathering and went into the hallway looking for him. Since all the guests were gathered in the hall for the Sangeet, this part of the house was dimly lit with only the decoration lights that Mantu had so beautifully put up. Added to that was the fragrance of the flower decor and the ambience was perfect. Amaya hoped and prayed Mantu would've understood what she wanted to convey to him as she continued looking for him. Her anklet and bangles chimed merrily with ever step she took in the silence of the house.

"Itna pyaar karti ho humse?"

His voice stopped her in her tracks. She turned and saw him emerge from the shadows; his gait restrained but his voice conveyed how overwhelmed he felt by her gesture.

"Apni Jaan se bhi zyada"

She replied, meeting his gaze, steady and unwavering as she walked towards him.

He could swear that his heart stopped beating right then and there. Her eyes said it all. Her smile said it all. He didn't even know what to say or do. He simply opened his arms to her and Amaya ran straight into his waiting arms, crashing into his chest. Neither of them knew what it was - that overwhelming feeling of being in love, of knowing that you are loved, the fact that it'd taken them so long to reach here - they did not know what it was but as soon as they were in each other's arms, they both began to cry.

"You've given me the biggest happiness of my life Amaya. I knew you love me too but to hear those words from your mouth... I can't tell you what I'm feeling right now!" Mantu said huskily, his lips pressed against her hair. "I know Mantu. I know. Because I feel it every time you tell me that you love me!" Amaya said, hugging him even tighter.

Long moments later, they pulled away from each other and smiled. "How did you like your surprise?" Amaya asked. "Do I really need to say anything more?" Mantu asked, wiping away his tears. Amaya chuckled at that as she wiped tear stains off her face too, "Now hurry up. It'll be time for our performance soon!" "But Amaya, we haven't rehearsed the whole thing together even once," Mantu said concerned. "Now that our hearts are one Mantu, our steps will match too," Amaya replied smiling.

"Thank you!"

"I should be the one thanking you for such a beautiful surprise"

"It's not for that"

"Then what?"

"You talked to Rama jiju, didn't you? Rachi di seemed a lot more relaxed now that Rama jiju isn't constantly trying to display his affection and love for her. She actually seemed to be enjoying the Sangeet."

"I'm happy things are looking up"

"What did you say to Rama jiju?"

"I just told him love needs time and space too"

"That was smart. No wonder I fell in love with you!"

"When did it happen?"

"What?"

"When did you fall in love with me?"

"The night of the reception. After spending all that time with you and getting to know you better. And of course knowing that you took all the thrashing from those goons just to save me."

"Tab se?"

"Haan"

"Then why didn't you say anything?"

"I didn't know what you thought or felt. I didn't know what to say.."

"See.. Even you turned out be like one of the Bollywood heroines you made fun of that day! Falling for the guy who gets beaten up mercilessly for the girl :)"

"Hmmm.. I never thought that'd happen but it did.. Now I know what you meant by you listening to your heart. What about you? When did you fall in love with me?"

"I don't know to be honest. I think  it was after the Shravan puja.. That one night you didn't text me, I couldn't sleep. I was so restless. And then I realized that you'd crept into my heart and taken it over somehow.."

"Then why didn't you say anything?"

"I didn't think you could love me"

"But I do. And I always will."

"And I love you too. Always and forever."

"Everyone was praising our dance at the Sangeet today."

"You dance really well."

"So do you."

"You must be tired. You should go to sleep now. I'll see you at the wedding tomorrow. I'm coming with the baraatis"

"Okay.. Good night"

"Good night"

"Suno.."

"Bolo.."

"I love you :)"

"I love you too :)"

"Achcha ab real wala good night"

"Hahahahaha.. Real wala good night to you too"

Edited by neet06 - 8 years ago
ShikhaKhushi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
The day got worst but you made me smile again. Thank you Neet!
loveleen12 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
I am crying because this will never be seen on ManYa!!!
Amaya will never be Mantu's bride. 
She will never come crashing into his arms
I will never hear them tell each other those words "I love you" before going to sleep!!!
They will never perform together

But thank you for letting me imagine this!!!
Edited by loveleen12 - 8 years ago
Black_Maniac thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
I love it Neet... No words to say... From start to end this was super amazing... I could imagine it all perfectly... Just waiting to see this on my TV screen... Thank you for writing such an amazing story.
😳
RestlessWriter thumbnail

Chapter 8

"You look absolutely stunning Rachi di! No one in this whole wide world could make a more stunning bride than you," Amaya told Rachita as she added finishing touches to Rachita's make up. Dressed in a gorgeous lehenga choli in shades of muted gold and red, Rachita did look absolutely stunning. "You look gorgeous too Amu. I'm afraid the crowds are going to be confused who the bride is! This dark red and green suits you really well! You look like you are glowing!" Rachita complimented her.

Amaya blushed happily at that. She had taken extra efforts getting ready today but it wasn't for the crowds to get confused but only for Mantu. The glow on her face, the color on her cheeks were all because of Mantu. Amaya sighed as she looked at the clock. There was still about an hour or so till the Baraat arrived. They'd both been so busy all day long, they hadn't had a chance to talk to each other. It was okay. Once Rachi di's wedding was over, she was going to ask Mantu to join office again so they'd get to spend time together.

"I'm feeling really nervous Amu. I said yes to this marriage to save our family from breaking apart but how do I go through with this? I don't love Rama, Amu. I'm getting scared," Rachita said holding onto Amu's hand.

Amu crouched next to where Rachita sat and said, "Rachi di, you are a really good person. You have a heart of gold. You can never hurt anyone. I know this marriage isn't happening in the most ideal of circumstances but all you need is time. I am sure if you talk to Rama jiju about it, tell him you need to time to come to terms with everything that's happening, I am sure he'll understand. All you need to do is, take the thought out of your head that Rama jiju might have anything to do with this whole kidnapping fiasco. He could never do anything to harm you! He just loves you like crazy. Try to understand him. Spend time with him. Get to know him. Don't shut the doors of your heart against him. Give him a chance Rachi di. Give your marriage a fair chance. That's all you need to do. And don't ever let your past cloud your future!"

"When did you become so mature and sensible Amu? Where have you hidden the Amu who would drive at the speed of a 110 through Paris and only cared about what new designer label she could put in her wardrobe for the new season?" Rachita asked. "That Amu has grown up Rachi di," Amu commented smiling. "Hmmm.. Is it just the effect of Banaras or is there something more to it?" Rachita teased Amu.

Amaya had half a mind to tell Rachita about Mantu and her. But maybe this wasn't the right time. "What are you thinking about Amu? And are you blushing? Is there something you are hiding from me Amu?" Rachita asked. "Rachi di, when have I ever been able to hide anything from you. But right now isn't the right time. I promise I'll tell you when the time is right. For now, let's focus on your wedding okay? And I'm sure Rama jiju will keep you very, very happy! Look at your mehendi after all! Remember the mehendi lady said the darker your mehendi the more your husband will love you?" Amu said hugging Rachita.

"Wait.. So it's true! There is something you are hiding from me! Come on.. Out with it.. Now.." Rachita persisted. "Rachi di.. Now is not the time!" Amaya said as she adjusted the dupatta on Rachita's head. "See.. This is what happens.. I haven't even gotten married yet and you are already hiding things from me. Once I leave this house, I'm sure you'll forget you have an elder sister altogether at this rate," Rachita cribbed. "Rachi di! Now you are being a drama queen!" Amaya chided her. "No I'm not! You are being mean to me on my wedding day!" Rachita retorted. "Fine.. I'll tell you.." Amaya said as she drew in a long breath. "I'm in love!" Amaya announced. Rachita shot out of her chair and grabbed Amu by the shoulders excitedly, "What?!! You are in love?!! How? When? Who is the guy?"

Amu couldn't help the blush that crawled up her skin as she thought about Mantu. "It's.. It's.. Mantu, Rachi di," Amaya said blushing prettily. "Mantu! Our Mantu! You are in love with Mantu?" Rachita asked incredulously. Amaya nodded her head. "But Amu.. When did this happen? And how? Didn't you have a long list of requirements for your perfect guy?" Rachita asked perplexed. "Calm down Rachi di. I don't really know when it happened. Maybe the night of the reception. Mantu was with me that night Rachi di. And I came to know him so well. And after getting to know him, I realized that he was everything I ever wanted in a life partner. Just being around him makes me happy Rachi di. I feel so... In love.. Everything feels so right.. I can't explain the feeling," Amaya said with a faraway look in her eyes as she recollected all her moments with Mantu. Rachita watched the play of emotions on Amaya's face as she spoke about Mantu and she knew without a doubt that Amaya had truly fallen in love with Mantu.

"I am so happy for you, Amu" Rachita said hugging Amu tight. "Mantu is a gem of a guy. He'll take good care of you. You guys will be really happy together. Wait.." Rachita pulled away from the hug, "Does Mantu know you love him? Do you know if he loves you?" Amaya nodded her head still blushing, "Yes. To both your questions." "Amu! That means the two of you have been having your secret rendezvous for quite some time now and none of us knew?!!!! You guys are sneaky!" Rachita teased Amu. "Rachi di! There's nothing like that. I mean both of us kind of knew that we have feelings for each other but we never got around to saying it till.. Till just yesterday.." Amaya confessed shyly.

"Oh gosh! Amu! Look at you! You are blushing crimson! I'd never thought I'd ever see you like this.." Rachita teased her some more. "Okay enough now Rachi di. It's your wedding, I'm supposed to be the one teasing you and you should be blushing. Not the other way round. So stop now!" Amu said. "I'm so so so happy for you Amu! I hope and pray you get all the love and happiness in the world!" Rachita hugged Amu again. "Thank you Rachi di and I want you to know that I wish the same for you too," Amaya replied. "Hmmm.. Let's see what fate has in store for me," Rachita commented. "I know what fate has in store for you and it's only the very best. Trust me!" Amaya said.

"It's not going to be an easy task convincing Nanaji about Mantu though, Amu," Rachita said as an afterthought, "You know how he doesn't think too highly of Mantu.. But know that I've got your back and I'll support you any way I can. And I'm sure Rama will too. After all Mantu is his best friend, isn't he?" Rachita said. "Arey Wah! You've already started speaking on behalf of Rama jiju eh? Like a typical, loving wife!" Amaya teased Rachita. "Amu! Stop it!" Rachita said, faking annoyance. "Oh.. Look who is blushing now!" Amaya teased her some more and Rachita swatted Amu's hand playfully and the girls hugged each other and laughed.

"What are the two of you laughing about? I want to know too!"

Amu and Rachu turned to find Jazz at the door. "Oh it's nothing. What's up?" Amaya asked. "Oh I just came to say the Baraat is here," Jazz replied. "What? The Baraat is here!" Amu exclaimed excitedly. She'd finally get to see Mantu.

Rachita cleared her throat behind Amu and asked Jazz, "Jazz, don't you think someone here seems a little too excited about the Baraat's arrival?" Amaya picked up that Rachita was teasing her and decided to turn the tables on her, "Arey no Jazz! I was just surprised that Rama jiju was so eager to marry Rachi di that he turned up half an hour early to the wedding!" "There's nothing like that. Rama is OCD. If it were up to him, he'd arrive at the exact minute when the Baraat was supposed to arrive. Not a minute early or late," Rachita replied off handedly. "Oh... Jumping to Rama jiju's defense already eh? Jazz.. Now our Rachi di has truly become parayi!" Amaya commented and Rachita grabbed a pillow and threw it at her. Amaya dodged it and ran and Rachita chased her around the room. That's how Sneha found the girls when she came to ask if Rachita was ready. For a moment, Sneha travelled back in time and remembered when the girls were little and would chase each other around the house. And now they were all so grown up. Grown up enough that one of them was getting married today. Sneha quickly wiped away the tear that escaped from the corner of her eye.

"Amu! Rachu! Stop it the two of you! Rachu! You are getting married today. Behave! Amu! What are you doing?! Stop!" Sneha tried to intervene. "Look mom! Amu is saying I'll become an outsider from today. She is being so mean to me on my wedding day!" Rachita complained. "Oh you girls! When will you stop acting like kids and grow up! And Amu! That's not true! And you don't say that ever again okay? You girls will always be part of this family no matter who you marry, what you do or where you go," Sneha told them.

"Mom, I was just commenting on how defensive Rachi di was of Rama jiju. They are a team now mom and now we are the outsiders!" Amaya said. "That's how it is supposed to be though. When you are in love, you can fight the world for the one you love. You build a new life, a new family with them and they become your priority. There's nothing wrong in it. That's how it's supposed to be. But Rachu.. I want you to know that we are always here for you no matter what. And we love you.." Sneha said and the girls and Sneha hugged each other. "We'll miss you Rachi di!" Jazz said softly. "I love you too and I'll miss all of you too!" Rachita said sniffling softly. "Okay. No more crying. It's a happy occasion. All of you head downstairs. The Baraat is here early so we can start the functions early," Sneha said as she started to hurry off. At the door, she paused and turned back. She came back towards Rachu and kissed her on her forehead and hugged her tight fighting back her tears before leaving.

Amaya started to follow Sneha and Rachita stopped her, "Where are you going Amu? Stay here with me!" "Arey Rachi di! Neeti told me that when the baraat comes, the bride's sisters get to stop the groom at the door and ask for anything they want to let the groom through. Its called nek. I am going to get my nek from Rama jiju," Amaya said excited. "Let it be Amu. Stay with me na?" Rachita said. "I know you are trying to make sure we don't trouble Rama jiju but that isn't going to happen. He is taking our dearest Rachi di away from us. He is definitely going to have to go through some trouble for that. Don't worry. I'll be right back to take you downstairs, okay? Come on Jazz." With that Amaya left the room dragging Jazz along.

"Come on in beta," Sneha said after she did Rama's aarti. "No! No! No! Not yet!" Amaya announced as Jazz, Neeti and she came to the front of the crowd that had gathered to welcome the baraatis.

Mantu's eyes had been searching for Amaya from the moment the baraat reached the doorstep of the Mathur haveli. Now, when she was in front of him, he was at an absolute loss of words. He couldn't help the feeling of pride as he looked at her. She was so gorgeous and simple and beautiful and she was his. His gaze fell on her hands as she held her hands up to stop Rama from entering and he noticed how dark her mehendi had turned out. He felt secretly pleased with himself.

"Jijaji! We can't let you come in that easily now, can we?" Neeti teased Rama. Amaya was supposed to take the lead in extracting the nek from Rama but the moment she came face to face with Mantu, she felt the air leave her lungs. He looked so darn handsome, he literally took her breath away. He was dressed in a white and maroon sherwani that fitted him to perfection accentuating his tall, lean profile. His long, wavy hair was messed up, probably from all the crazy dance he must have done in the baraat, Amaya thought as she curbed her urge to run her fingers through his hair. How would she ever concentrate on anything else around her when he was looking so handsome? She wondered.

"Amu!!" Jazz nudged her and Amaya snapped back to reality. "Huh?" she asked. "Amu! Rama jiju is asking what we want for nek," Jazz told her. With a great amount of difficulty, Amaya focused her attention onto Rama. "Yes! Yes! I was saying Rama jiju.. There is no way we are going to let you in so easily to take our Rachi di away from us."

"Saali saheba, tell me what you want in nek and I promise to give you whatever you ask for," Rama said. "Ten thousand rupees!" Neeti said. "No, 15,000 so we can divide it between the 3 of us equally," Jazz corrected her. "You can give both of them cash, but I want something else," Amaya said. "And what is that?" Rama asked. "We are giving you our dearest Rachi di, so in return, I want something that is dearest to you," Amaya announced. She didn't have anything particular in mind when she made the demand, she only wanted to trouble Rama some. "Is that all?" Rama asked, coolly. "For now," Amaya quipped right back. "So then Saali Saheba," Rama said stepping back from the door step and turning to Mantu, "I hereby give you Mantu. He is my dearest friend and brother."

Amaya wished the earth would open up and swallow her right then and there, she was so embarrassed. "So Saali Saheba, will this nek be enough for you?" Rama teased Amaya. Amaya swallowed nervously as Mantu's teasing gaze met hers. "What Rama? On your wedding you are giving me up for sacrifice?" Mantu asked. "She asked me for whatever is dearest to me Mantu and you are. So from today, Amaya, Mantu is yours," Rama announced. Everybody laughed while Amaya felt a heated blush crawl all over her.

"You should've just stuck to the plan and asked for money Amu. What will we do with Mantu? Achaar daalenge kya?" Jazz whispered to Amu. "Jiju, you've given Amu her nek, what about us?" Jazz asked. "Sure saali saheba," Rama said as he reached into his pockets and held out cash for the girls. Jazz and Neeti yelped in excitement as they took the cash from Rama and ran inside. "Now, enough of the masti and mazak. Come on in please," Sneha said as she led Rama and the baraatis inside. When Rama stepped inside, he tugged at Amaya's hand and said, "Saali saheba, I hope you didn't mind my joke. Itna tho mazak banta hai na between jija and saali," he said smiling. Amaya smiled right back at him but said, "Saali se mazak. You'll have to pay more for this jijaji!" "As long as I get my dulhania in the end," Rama quipped and both of them laughed.

The exchanging of garlands between Rama and Rachita had taken place. Everyone was now waiting for the panditji to finish the arrangements to start the rest of the rituals for the marriage. Rama and Rachita sat on opposites ends of the mandap wiaiting for the Pandit to call them. Amaya stood by Rachita, giving her company and just then, Mantu happened to pass by them. Rachita decided to take the opportunity to tease Mantu and Amaya some.

"Mantu!" Rachita called out to him. "Yes Rachita? Oh I am sorry, I should be calling you Rachita Bhabhi now, shouldn't I?" Mantu said with a naughty smile. "You can call me Rachita, that's fine. I wanted to ask you something.." Rachita replied. "Don't you think Amaya's mehendi has come out beautifully?" Rachita asked, surprising both Amaya and Mantu. "Huh?" was the only response Mantu could manage.

"Look. Doesn't it look really beautiful? And so dark. I wonder who it is who loves her so much?" Rachita continued. Amaya tried to snatch her hand away but Rachita held it in a firm grip and did not let her escape. Mantu did not know how to react and simply swallowed nervously, "Yeah.. Yeah.." "Oh wait! Look! Is that an M in your mehendi Amu? I wonder who it is for? Hmm.. Who do we know who has a name that begins with M.. let me think.." Rachita continued teasing Mantu and enjoying the embarrassed look on his face. "Do you know anyone whose name starts with M, Mantu?" Rachita asked trying hard to not burst out laughing at Mantu's embarrassment. "Huh? No.. I mean.. Yes.. I think somebody is looking for me!" Mantu muttered embarrassedly as he hurried from there, giving Amaya a look. "Arey Mantu! But Mantu! You didn't answer my question!" Rachita teased him some more.

"Rachi di! You are so mean! This was supposed to be our secret. How mean of you to embarrass Mantu like that!" Amaya complained. "Oh wow! Now who is getting defensive of who eh?" Rachita said and laughed. Amaya smiled at that. "Its good. At least you are laughing now. I am glad. Keep smiling and laughing like this always," Amaya said and side hugged Rachita. "Yes Amu, maybe I am worrying for no reason. Maybe everything will turn out alright. I'm trying to tell myself that everything will be alright. Rama is a decent guy. And I agreed to this marriage myself. I might have taken the decision for the family's happiness but it was, at the end of the day, my decision. There really isn't a point in mopping around. Might as well enjoy this day and what lies ahead. At least both of us like cleanliness. So that's a start isn't it?" Rachita asked and Amaya nodded her head happily. "I am just glad he isn't constantly saying I love you to me or forcing me to do the same. That takes away so much of the discomfort and awkwardness," Rachita sighed.

"The havan is ready. Please bring the bride and groom," the Panditji announced. Rachita felt her heart thud painfully against her chest. This was it. She was getting married to Rama. There was no turning back now. Only looking forward - to make the best of whatever was going to happen ahead. Just as Rachita stood up to make her way to the mandap, she heard someone say, "Stop! Stop this!" She turned to find Rama's mom and a sense of cold dread crept up her insides.

Edited by neet06 - 8 years ago
ShikhaKhushi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L.
Everything about it was just... waah!🤗 love you for this, neet!
trolldemortx thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
OMGGG okay you need to update soon :D 
I was smiling from ear to ear, reading this update :D 
Seriously, you are an amazing writer :) 

xx
loveleen12 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
 She was so gorgeous and simple and beautiful and she was his.
The statement in bold had me like ❤️

It was so beautiful man!!! I just cannot get over how relatable and ManYa like this would have been!! If only the creatives had an ounce of the skills you have :/ I absolutely loved RachAya teasing each other and being defensive of their respective partners!! Kitna perfect scenario tha, why did they ruin it??