Posted: 8 years ago
Really good :)
Loved it... Atleast we get to read something we prefer over RamAya marriage
Well written ;)
Try to PM me wen you update
RestlessWriter thumbnail

Hola people!

Back with chapter 2 of the SS. Since the forum is in a frenzy over the new OLV, thought I'd provide some distraction to take our minds off of the (hopefully not) impending doom of the show. 

People who want PMs for the updates - I need to figure out something because my buddy list has people from a bunch of different fandoms. For now, just write in your response to the chapter that you'd like a PM for updates and I'll PM you.

Do let me know how you like/hate the update!

Cheers,

Neet

Chapter 2

"Rama is home. They got an early discharge so Rama could rest and recover at home," Mantu informed Amaya after checking at Rama's house. Amaya looked part relieved but still worried. "I told you, I've known Rama all my life. He is a simple, straight forward guy. He would never do anything like this. Unlike you city people, we Banarasis do not change our nature like the changing seasons," Mantu taunted Amaya. Amaya started to retort but then kept quiet. "Thank you. I couldn't come to Rama's house to inquire because of Rama's mom," Amaya replied. Mantu got onto his bike and started it. He turned to look at Amaya, "I can drop you home if you want." "Thank you but no thanks. I have to find Rachi di. You can go on. Thank you once again," Amaya said as she turned away from him. "Amaya!" Mantu called out and Amaya stopped in her tracks. "What do you think you are doing? Where and how are you planning on finding Rachita this late at night and all alone? Where is Rudra? And the rest of your family?" Mantu asked, unable to stop his concern from reflecting in his voice. "Nanaji, Mamaji and Rudra have gone to the police station. Everyone else is at home. I couldn't just sit around and wait," she said. "But don't worry. I will be fine. You go home. Uma must be waiting for you for dinner," she said as she started to walk away again.

She did not hear any noise for a while as she kept walking. She had just turned into the next lane when she heard the noise of a bike and turned to find Mantu beside her. "Come and sit on the bike," Mantu said. "I am not going home Mantu. You can go back but I am not going home till I find Rachi di," Amaya said as she started to walk away. "I am not taking you home. Just sit on the bike so we can find your Rachi di fast and get this over with," Mantu said. Amaya looked at him at that. "Why do you care Mantu? I thought you said everything was over between us?" Amaya asked.

The look of anger in Mantu's eyes should have scared her but she knew you she had nothing to be scared of when it came to Mantu. "I am doing this for Sneha aunty who has been nothing but nice to me," Mantu said rather unconvincingly. "And?" Amaya asked. "And no one.." Mantu replied. He raced his bike but Amaya stood her ground and did not budge. "Don't test me Amaya.  You have no idea who I am," Mantu said. "I want to know why you care Mantu and you have no idea how crazy I can be when I decide on something," Amaya said. They stood there for long moments in a face off of sorts. Mantu was so angry and frustrated, he was afraid he would end up doing or saying something he would regret later on. "Amaya! I am telling you for the last time. Just come and sit on the bike!" he said. "If this is so difficult for you Mantu, feel free to leave. Because I won't go anywhere with you till you tell me why you care," Amaya replied.

That snapped something inside Mantu and he turned off the bike and got off of it angrily. He caught hold of Amaya's hand roughly and pinned her against the wall. "Mantu! You are hurting me!" Amaya said, squirming in his grip. "I am hurting you?!" Mantu bit out between clenched teeth. "I am hurting you, Ms. Amaya Mathur? What about the hurt you have given me these past few days? Do you even know? Do you have any idea? How would you? Even if you did, why would you care?" he continued, not loosening his hold on her one bit. "Let me tell you what hurt feels like Amaya Mathur. Hurt is what you feel when your presence or absence stops mattering to a person who you thought was your friend, the way you made me feel when you could care less whether I stayed in the office or not," Mantu said. Amaya stopped struggling to free herself and stood waiting with bated breath. "Hurt is what you feel when one fine day, you go from talking, texting and calling all day and night long to ignoring the person just because you are bored of them now, the way you have been using me and ignoring me at your will. Hurt, is what you feel when after you have poured your heart out to someone, it means nothing to them whatsoever - like holding onto my dad's watch or that dress meant nothing to you and you couldn't wait to get rid of them. Hurt, Amaya Mathur, is that horrible, soul searing pain I feel every time I look at you because I cannot understand how and why I love someone so selfish and arrogant as you," he said fiercely, his face barely inches from hers. His warm breath fanned her face as Amaya felt tears well up in her eyes. He loved her. He loved her. "And I hate myself for it. I hate myself for loving you even when I know that I don't matter to you at all. And that hurts. That is what hurt feels like Amaya Mathur!" he said from between gritted teeth, his eyes and heart burning in rage.

When the first drop of tear escaped the corner of her eye and rolled down her cheek, Mantu seemed to have a sudden realization. He let go of her hand and stepped back. What had he done? He was trying to avoid her and get her out of his life and mind and had ended up telling her he loved her instead. He turned away from her as he cursed himself.

Behind him, Amaya slipped to the ground crying. "You know what hurts Mantu?" she said, her voice hoarse. Mantu turned around to look at her. "What hurts is to love someone so much that you never find the right words to tell them how much," she said. "What hurts is to have so much faith in your love and the person you love that you feel that you won't need words for them to know how much you love them but realizing that you are wrong. So utterly wrong, because a few unspoken words are all it takes for that person to lose faith in you. That's what hurts Mantu."

Was she talking about him? Did she? Did she love him too? Mantu wondered as he took a step towards her. "Amaya?" Amaya got up from where she had slumped onto the ground. "You are thinking right. I am talking about you," she said, wiping away her tears.

"What kind of a new joke is this Amaya? What new game are you playing? If you need my help to find Rachita, just say it. You don't have to say such an elaborate lie that you love me to.." Mantu did not get to finish the sentence before Amaya slapped him hard. "Not another word Mantu! Not another word! I have been bearing all your rudeness and your taunts all this while because.. somewhere deep down, I knew the fault was mine. I never told you about my feelings, I always assumed you would know and I thought, hoped you felt the same way about me. I thought what we shared was stronger than words and that was my fault. But you have no right to insult my love for you. No right at all! Especially when you have no idea whatsoever just how much I love you," she said fiercely before starting to walk away. "And just to clear your misunderstanding, I do not need your help to find Rachita di. I do not need anyone's help for that matter," and she turned away again.

"Why?"

Mantu's question made her stop in her tracks and turn towards him again.

"Why did you never say it? Why did you never say you loved me? Why didn't you stop me from leaving office that day? Why didn't you ask me to renew my contract? Why did you stop texting me? Why did you stop calling me? Why did you stop talking to me? Why did you go away from me? Why did you not come to the Pooja? I waited for you. Every single time, every single minute that I was away from you, I waited for you. Even when Uma told me you wouldn't come, that you didn't care, I fought with her and waited for you. But you did not come. Why?" Mantu told her, his heart in his eyes as he looked at her and awaited her answer.

"I gave you the answer already Mantu. You did not understand my silences, how would you have understood my words? Did you truly never see it in my eyes, what I felt for you?" Amaya asked. "I did Amaya! I did! I was so sure I had seen the same love in your eyes for me that I had for you! I kept telling Uma.." "Uma!" Amaya interrupted Mantu. "I wish you had more faith in my silence than you did in Uma's words. I wish, even if you felt that I did not love you, my friendship meant enough to you that you would ask me the reason for my silences or try to find out at least," Amaya said. "What are you saying Amaya? I don't understand," Mantu asked, confused. "Maybe you should ask Uma," Amaya said finally. "What do you mean?" Mantu asked again. "Maybe you should ask her why she was trying to convince you that I would not make it. Maybe you should ask her why she was so quick to tell you that I would break your heart and why you wanted to believe that despite all that we had shared," Amaya said as she turned away and started to walk. Just then, her phone rang and she answered it. She turned towards him after talking on her phone, "Mom called to say Rachi di is back home. Thank you for everything." And started to walk away.

He knew she wouldn't ride with him on the bike if he offered to drop her home. But he couldn't let her walk home alone at this time of the night so he silently walked beside her all the way to her house and stood in the sidelines when she went into the house and shut the door.

ShikhaKhushi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
You had me in tears neet, this was so beautiful. 
Hurt is also when your ship is sinking and you have almost no hopes left of its being saved... 
loveleen12 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
I feel the same hurt that ManYa are feeling in this story perhaps, but I don't want to accept this hurt just yet. 
Beautifully written and I can't wait for the next part. I cannot believe you have still written this, I don't have enough courage to write my drabbles anymore.
Black_Maniac thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Beautifully written... Loved it...
Hue I wish it would have actually happened...
Thanks for the PM also...
AartShefa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Wow superb neet
Loved it.
I just can't wait more for the next update. .
Update soon. .
Waiting
Princicute thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hats off  . I can feel the pain really how beautifully u hv written. . Keep it up... Thank you. .see how attached we are with manya we can see them separated. . We can feel their happiness pain sorrows but can't see them married to any other person no matter what. . Really neets u nailed it. .. update soon. . I will definitely come here to read the stories written by u and all others ...
aamnazuha thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
U describe manya hurt beautifully. I wish all this was there in the show.   writing is awesome. Pls update soon . thank u.
RestlessWriter thumbnail

Hello everyone,

Thank you for your patience with the update. I just haven't had a lot of time to write and the track in the show wasn't really conducive to writing either. 

This chapter is dedicated to my Mantal angel, indian_beauty. She'd asked me to write a piece where Mantu kicks Uma out of his life and here it is! Hope you enjoy! I apologize for the delay though and without further adieu, presenting to you the next chapter!

Do let me know how you like it/hate it.

Cheers,

Neet

Chapter 3

"Where were you? Where did she take you? What did she say?" Uma bombarded him with questions as soon as she opened the door.

I wish you had more faith in my silences than in Uma's words.

Maybe you should ask her why she was trying to convince you that I would not make it. Maybe you should ask her why she was so quick to tell you that I would break your heart and why you wanted to believe that despite all that we had shared.

Amaya's words kept whirring in his head and Mantu did not even hear Uma's ranting.

"What happened Mantu? Tell me! Tell your Uma! What did she say? Did she hurt you again? But you told me she doesn't matter to you at all. Then why are you letting anything she says affect you? Do you still have feelings for her? Were you lying to me? Speak to me Mantu! Come on!" Uma said shaking Mantu by the shoulder.

"Promise me that you will tell me the truth if I ask you something Uma," Mantu finally said. "Of course Mantu! When have I ever lied to you? But tell me what happened?" Uma asked. "Did you know that Amaya has feelings for me? Did you know that Amaya loves me?" Mantu asked and Uma drew in a sharp breath. Had Amaya told Mantu everything? Had she broken her promise? No. That was not possible. If that was what happened, she would not spare Amaya. But Amaya would not break her promise. She had that kind of a sickening faith in her love. She wouldn't. Then why was Mantu asking her this? Uma wondered.

Mantu watched the look of nervousness on Uma's face. Fingers of dread clawed their way up from the pit of his stomach to his heart. "Uma! Look at me!" Mantu said as he grabbed Uma by the shoulders.

"What kind of a question is this, Mantu? How would I know? And.. And why are you asking me this?" Uma asked, not meeting Mantu's gaze. "Uma, swear on the relationship we have shared since childhood and please tell me the truth!" Mantu said, but Uma covered his mouth immediately. "Please! Please don't make me swear on the relationship we've shared," she said, panicking. "Tell me the truth Uma, please. If what we share means anything at all to you, if I mean anything at all to you, please tell me the truth," Mantu pleaded, hoping and praying that the dread he was feeling would go away.

"Don't say that Mantu, please. You mean the world to me. You are my only family. You.. You are my everything," Uma said. "Then tell me the truth!" Mantu said again, his patience wearing thin. Uma fidgeted with her hands as she wondered what to do. What should she do now? If she told him the truth would he go running to that Amaya? But how could she lie to him when he had sworn her to their relationship? "Yes. I knew it," she finally confessed. "I knew that Amaya loved you. She herself told me. She lied about the dry cleaner misplacing that dress and when I confronted her about it, she told me she wanted to keep the dress because.. Because she had fallen in love with you," Uma said. Mantu took a step back from Uma and another one. His heart breaking into pieces in his chest. "But she is the wrong girl for you. She isn't the right one for you. I was only protecting you," Uma tried desperately to convince Mantu that she had done no wrong.

"Why Uma? Why? After I poured my heart out to you, after I told you that I would die without Amaya's love.. Still.. Still you hid this from me?" Mantu asked, heartbroken as he sat on the charpaayi. He couldn't believe that Uma had done this to him. "Because I.. I knew she didn't mean it Mantu! These city girls.. Love and relationships are all a time pass for them. She didn't mean it. Otherwise why would she ignore you like this now?" Uma said, crouching down next to him.

Maybe you should ask her why she was so quick to tell you that I would break your heart and why you wanted to believe that despite all that we had shared.

Mantu recollected Amaya's words and the pain in her eyes as she had said those words. He looked at Uma. The pain of Uma's betrayal being replaced by anger. "And how do you know that Amaya's love wasn't true?" he asked. "Because.. Because.. She was born and brought up in the city. All of this.. love and break ups are common for girls from bigger cities. They are cunning. They are not like us simple small town folk. And how long has she known you for? A few months? That's not enough time for anyone to fall in love!" Uma tried to tell Mantu.

"Is there a rule that you can fall in love only after knowing a person for so many years? Love is not about the years you have known each other, Uma. If that were the case, shouldn't you and I be in love with each other? But we aren't. I don't love you. Its about the moments you've spent together and Amaya and I have had enough of those moments to tie our hearts together. I kept telling you Uma! I kept telling you, that Amaya had changed, that she was different. I knew her and yet.. What she said was true.. I knew her and yet I came in your words and did not keep my trust in her. I can't believe that I came in your words and lost trust in her!" Mantu said, burying his face in his hands.

"Amaya, that witch! She broke her promise! She broke her promise! She showed her true colors! That witch! I will not leave her!" Uma said, rage, anger, desperation - all mixing into a dark, venom of volcanic proportions bubbling in her veins as she got up from where she'd been crouching next to Mantu to pace the room maniacally.

Mantu looked at Uma at that. "What did you say? What promise are you talking about?" he asked. "She promised me! She promised me she would never tell you about her goddamn feelings till you didn't. And she broke her promise. I shouldn't have trusted that witch to begin with!" Uma said, letting go of any semblance of being normal and going completely ballistic. As she headed towards the door, Mantu caught hold of her hand and stopped her.

"You made her promise she wouldn't tell me about her feelings? But why?" Mantu asked, taken aback. "Because you can't love her! The two of you.. You can't be together.. That's not how its meant to be. You were, are and always will be mine. That city bred witch cannot snatch you from me!" Uma said viciously. Mantu stared at Uma incredulously. "Have you gone mad? What nonsense are you talking about?" "Its not nonsense!" Uma screamed. "It's the truth. Its whats written in our fate. If you don't trust me, come with me to the Maha Panditji. He will tell you. He looked at our horoscopes. He said our horoscopes match - yours and mine! And that we should get married in the next 20 days!" Uma said grabbing onto Mantu's arm hysterically. "I have everything ready Mantu. I've selected the cards and printed samples. I have arranged the hall, decorations, catering. I have even selected our wedding outfits. All you need to do is just say yes! Say yes Mantu! Say yes to your Uma!"

Mantu freed himself from her grasp and stepped back, "Are you even in your senses Uma? Do you even know what you are talking about? Marriage? Mine and yours? Uma.. All these years of having known each other and yet, it seems you don't know me at all! I have never seen you like that Uma. You have always been very important in my life, you and Chiklu are pretty much the only family I have had. I have always seen you as my sister! A sister I never had. A really good friend, a confidant but as a sister. Nothing more Uma! How could you even think of us, you and me, in another sense? How could you?"

Uma grabbed Mantu by the collar of his shirt. "Sister?! How dare you? After all that I have done for you all these years - cook, clean and take care of you and Chiklu, how dare you say you think of me as just a sister?" "So did you do all of that expecting something in return Uma? I thought it was because you thought of us as family! I never thought you would hold that out as your bargaining chip someday to emotionally blackmail me. With that single sentence, you have undermined the bond we've shared for so many years! I am disgusted with you Uma!" Mantu said.

"You are disgusted with me? Wah beta! For 20 years I literally managed your home and life for you and then you weren't disgusted by me or my ways but then, that Amaya came prancing about in her short dresses, showing some skin and now you find me disgusting? Tell me, what is it that she did that you are so attracted to her? Is it because of her short skirts and short dresses? I'll wear those. Or has she done you more "favors"?" Uma spat out.

"Enough Uma! Enough! Not another word. What a dirty mind you have! Do you even hear yourself? What are you saying? Is that what you think of me? Is that how you think of Amaya? That's the difference Uma. That's the difference between you and Amaya. Its not the short dresses or the skin show. Underneath all that city bred fashion, Amaya has a pure heart and soul. Amaya might have known for me two months. But she knows me. Really knows me. And you.. You say you are a simple small town girl but this is what you hold in your heart? You have known me for 20 years and yet, this is what you think of me? I don't even know you anymore Uma. I seriously don't!" Mantu said.

"Yeah right! Of course you will only sing praises for that bloody b***h now! Did she seduce you that night at the tabela? That shameless b***h!" Uma said. "UMAAA!!!" Mantu said as he raised his hand to slap her but stopped mid air. "ENOUGH! Enough is enough! I've been listening to all your nonsense all this while because I valued what we shared. But not another word against Amaya. I had no idea you were filled with so much venom and hatred. Love doesn't breed this kind of venom and hatred Uma. You don't love anyone. Now before I forget that you were like a sister to me once, before I forget that you are a girl, get out of my house! And my life! And never ever show me your face again! Do you get that?!" Mantu said menacingly.

"You... You raised your hand on me?" Uma said, pushing Mantu. "How dare you? How dare you? After all that I did for you, this is what you give me in return? You raise your hand on me? Why did you stop? Slap me. Come on. Slap me! This was all that was left. And who the hell are you to ask me to get out? I am not done with you yet Mantu! Mark my words! I will not let you two get together. Never! You will have to come back to me and beg me to come back to your life. And this, I promise you!" Uma yelled before she walked out the door in a huff.

ShikhaKhushi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
THIS! WHY didn't we get this confrontation in show??? and they way it's going i dont think we'll ever have one...
beautifully written neet. you brought me some light in the darkness we're sinking in..