Kalaignar TV & Radhika

mellisai thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

Radhika to consider supplying serials for Kalaignar TV

Popular actor and television serial producer Radhika, who has made several family soaps for SUN TV network, on Wednesday said she would consider supplying similar programmes for the 'Kalaignar TV' to be launched on August 15.

Radhika, who met Chief Minister M Karunanidhi on Tuesday, said that the DMK chief, said to be the brain behind the new channel, broached the subject with her.

However, they did not go into specific details, she said.

"Kalaignar is like father to me and there should not be any efforts to read between the lines on the meeting," Radhika, wife of leading actor Saratkumar, who had recently announced that he would be floating a new political party.

The meeting with the Chief Minister was basically to discuss the celebration of birth centenary of her father late M R Radha, a popular actor, she asserted.

Radhika's Raadan TV had been a regular supplier of family soaps for the SUN TV network owned by the Maran family.

Following Karunanidhi's strained relationship with former Union Minister Dayanidhi Maran and his brother Kalanidhi, there were reports that DMK was keen on starting a new channel.

Raj TV, a rival to SUN TV, which was denied uplink rights for direct news telecast when Dayanidhi Maran was Union Minister, has come in handy to begin the 'Kalaigner TV', as it had licence to telecast eleven channels.

Interestingly, Raj TV was given the live telecast rights for the rally when Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi felicitated Karunanidhi on completion of 50 years in the state legislature.
Source:Hindu

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Aahaana thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 16 years ago
I think its a old news, but thx for sharing. MR radhas birhtday was in May I think 😉

Very bad we wont be able to watch her new serials if she is trying to make for the new channel