How to interpret Jannat's dream?

...MonaCo... thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 8 years ago
I did watch the dream for three reasons, 1. I was curious 2. I had nothing better to do and 3. needed a distraction...
I was not happy with the dream sequence per se but this is how I interpret it. Let me know your thoughts?

I don't necessarily think that it was a dream sequence although Surbhi and F32 called it so. It was more like a "thought process" ,which is an extension to Jannat's confusion. The song is very "submissive" in the sense that it talks about the female finding her "destination" in the husband/boy/lover... and it kind of speaks of what Jannat is desperately trying to force herself to do right now.

Yahin doobe din mere
Yahin hote hain savere
Yahin marna aur jeena
Yahin Mandir aur Madeena.

So, it's more like she is telling herself that this is her reality, her destination and she must find happiness here...

But then, her real feelings surface and when she is alone, her inner sentiments for Aahil come over:

Tu meri neendo me sota hai
Tu mere ashqo mein rota hai
Sargoshi si hai khayalon mein
Tu na ho, phir bhi tu hota hai
Hai sila.. tu mere dard ka

So she acknowledges that even if she physically moves with Shaad, Aahil will always remain a part of her, because he has taken over her thoughts. His memories, his "asar" on her is such that though she is with Shaad as she should be, she is haunted by Aahil's memories. And, yes it is a harsh reality for her now, because although she wants to do the right thing and have a pleasant, romantic relationship with her husband as any dutiful wife should, she will forever be torn between her mind and heart. She blames Aahil for her state because had she not met Aahil, this would have not happened, and she could have positively and happily lived with Shaad. It's like "Samandar ne mujhe Pyaasa kiya hai... Main Jab Sehra mein tha, Pyaasa nahi tha..."   meaning, it is not the dessert (Shaad) that made me feel my thirst, but the sea (Aahil) as it has now made me aware of what is lacking in my life...

Somewhere Sanam hates herself not Aahil but displaces her anger on him. The dream sequence was just an extension of her confusion where she knows she has to build a life with Shaad (hence the romantic aspersions) and she truly wants to, but she keeps getting lured to Aahil consciously or subconsciously and now even though she will physically go away from him, his love will never stop haunting her...

Edited by ...MonaCo... - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

KhatamKahani thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
I JUST said this in soup's post. 
I hadn't seen this.

But yes, I agree. It is not a dream. It is a glimpse of the maze which is her mind

Edited by KhatamKahani - 8 years ago
NnonaA thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Awsome... Well explained 
In all negative thoughts, I have seen one positive after so long.
I have not seen it but now I will from ur POV.
Great analysis 
...MonaCo... thumbnail

Originally posted by: KhatamKahani

I JUST said this in soup's post. 

I hadn't seen this.

But yes, I agree. It is not a dream. It is a glimpse of the maze which is her mind

and I just said that I just said this on my post on soups post, :) Love that we all think alike. All despos to see some ray of hope in all this khichadi... :) Atleast I am...
chicksoup thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Beautiful .👏
I feel she has not seen those FBs or gone searching for them yet.

Shaad will leave for a while...and Jannat will go exploring.😊
Gamzada thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
it is not the dessert (Shaad) that made me feel my thirst, but the sea (Aahil) as it has now made me aware of what is lacking in my life...

That was beautiful! 👏

Thank you for explanation.
I must say you & soup made that scene even deeper & more sensible (imho).
radadolcevida thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Thank you so much for this interpretation, it was not a dream sequence of Jannat but just a battle between what she thinks it was truth and what is not. Dreaming about Shaad as her reality and seeing Aahil as lost and trouble dream for her, while the truth was the opposite.
Poor woman, she will for sure loose her mind once she knows the truth.
Mahu34 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Beautiful Post! 👍🏼 This is the same thought everyone are sharing. Great that people are actually analyzing it, as I have to admit, I did not understand what was the need of the Dream Sequence.. It somehow did not go well with me.. 
But after reading how people are have shared their interpretation of the scene does make sense.. 

I absolutely loved the quote. So well put! This.. Is what the real truth is. She is getting lured toward Aahil and it's about time that she gives the feelings a chance and a thought. Time to use your brain cells, Jannat Begum. 😆 

"Samandar ne mujhe Pyaasa kiya hai... Main Jab Sehra mein tha, Pyaasa nahi tha..."   meaning,it is not the dessert (Shaad) that made me feel my thirst, but the sea (Aahil) as it has now made me aware of what is lacking in my life...

But Sanam keeps getting lured to Aahil consciously or subconsciously and now even though she will physically go away from him, his love will never stop haunting her...

Beautiful! So in love with the Samandar and Sehra words.. :)
...MonaCo... thumbnail
Thank you everyone for the positive comments...
Since you all like the quote so much, here is the original ghazal - I am sure you will love it!

It is really really apt for Jannat...

...MonaCo... thumbnail

Originally posted by: NnonaA

Awsome... Well explained 

In all negative thoughts, I have seen one positive after so long.
I have not seen it but now I will from ur POV.
Great analysis 

Thank you so much! I am glad I could lend some positivism. I myself am trying hard to look for it, honestly :)