THE ABSENT LOVER.

chicksoup thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 8 years ago

Shhh...

It doesn't matter who was there. What matters is who was absent, yet very much there...

This is what the entire song sequence meant.

Sanam hugs Ahil and remembers the dream she had before.  Before her nikah - after the kuraan reading- when she had reached out for Shaad and seen Ahil.

She enters a journey here. Part of it told,  part waiting to be told.

She finds herself in the middle of a pool (Of someone's imagination?)

Yahin doobe din mere Yahin hote hain savere Yaheen marna aur jeena Yaheen mandir aur madeena.. 

Here only my days end. Here alone the mornings begin. Here I have to live and die. Here are all my pilgrimages

Shaad enters JANNAT'S  dream - he starts by BLINDFOLDING her with his hands. SJ is wonderful. She has that simmering pain burning beneath the determination to fulfil her duty as a wife.

Shaad takes her out of the pool and makes her rest on the swing. (Beautiful deco, BTW.)

And HE LEAVES.

FB1- Ahil lifting her and twirling around.

She is startled.

FB2-  Ahil revealed as the face of her sachi mohabbat in the previous dream. She is getting alarmed.

FB3- Shaad se mohabbat karti hai?- Haan karti hai- waisi mohabbat nahi hai jo zindagi badal deti hai...

FB4- Sahil laying the flowered sheet at the dargah together.

Fb5-  Meteor scene where he held her hand.

Jannat gets up...

The following lines are FOR AHIL...❤️

Tu meri neendon mein sota hai Tu mere ashqon mein rota hai Sargoshi si hai khayaalon mein Tu na ho, phir bhi tu hota hai Hai silaa tu mere dard ka Mere dil ki duaayein hain.

You sleep in my sleep, You cry in my tears. There is your whisper in my thoughts, Even when you're not there, you are there. You're the result of my pain..

She enters a frosty place- BEAUTIFUL WORK, CVs.👏 Her mind is frozen. There are few lamps lighted here and there. 👏

She is searching...She can feel him sleep in her sleep...feel him cry when the tears are in her eyes...

In her thoughts are his whispers alone...

He is not there in her mind...but he is there. And there  is the constant pain that tugs at her heart...❤️

It gets broken the moment she feels the numbing pain in her head  and forgets it all, seeing Shaad.

You're the result of my pain..
They're the wishes of my heart, your streets.

She is back at the pool with Shaad...she loses herself in her shauhar...

Galiyan teri galiyan...back to beauty ki duty.

And the  FINAL FB:  I LOVE YOU,  SANAM.

The dream breaks. The final line- I love you, Sanam.

I have one Q.

Why was I made to wait all this while for one sensible song sequence???

How long will I have to wait for the STORY TO START???

And how long I will have to wait for this? 😡

Kaisa hai rishta tera-mera Be-chehra phir bhi kitna gehra Ye lamhe, lamhe ye resham se Kho jaayein.. kho naa jaayein hum se Kaafilaa, waqt ka rok le.. Ab dil se judaa na hon..

How's this relationship of your and mine, It doesn't have a face and yet it's so deep. These moments, these moments like silk.. We shouldn't lose them. The caravan of time, let's stop it. Now they (your streets) shouldn't get separated from the heart..

Teri Galiyaan, galiyaan teri galiyaan.. Yoonhi tadpaaven, galiyan teri.. galiyaan Your streets. Streets, your streets They agonize me, your streets

Take a bow, CVs.

SJ- Mindblowing, dear. 👏

I wonder how non - Sahil fans watch this show! 😆

Edited by chicksoup - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

KhatamKahani thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
I don't think it was her dream. It was a glimpse into the maze that is her mind.

But it was and is called a "dream sequence. " So what do I know.
Edited by KhatamKahani - 8 years ago
chicksoup thumbnail

Originally posted by: KhatamKahani

I don't think it was her dream. It was a glimpse into the maze that is her mind.

But it was and is called a "dream sequence. " So what do I know.

It is a symbolism KK.

That is all.

She didn't go into a trance, hugging Ahil the entire sequence. 😆

Like you said- a glimpse of what has been and what will be. 😉
Gamzada thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
WOW! 👏
Beautiful, elegant, interesting interpretation...

Now I will watch this dream...

Thank you. Great post completely.👍🏼
Edited by Gamzada - 8 years ago
...MonaCo... thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
I just wrote something similar...

I agree with your thoughts. It was a good concept very poorly executed.

:)
...MonaCo... thumbnail
PS I love your title and interpretation... it is not who was there that matters but who was not there. That said, a dream sequence with Aahil would still have been my favorite, :D 😳😳😳
...MonaCo... thumbnail
PPS: I also noticed the symbolism... Shaad blindfolding Jannat , Shaad leaving her, the headache, the dream ending at I love you Sanam, Aahil not being in the dream all were brilliant master strokes. However, I find it funny that Sanam almost acknowledges that she has bhoolne ki bimaari but still shoves her doubts and subconscious even without questioning Shaad once... Edited by ...MonaCo... - 8 years ago
chicksoup thumbnail

Originally posted by: ...MonaCo...

PPS: I also noticed the symbolism... Shaad blindfolding Jannat , Shaad leaving her, the headache, the dream ending at I love you Sanam, Aahil not being in the dream all were brilliant master strokes. However, I find it funny that Sanam almost acknowledges that she has bhoolne ki bimaari but still shoves her doubts and subconscious even without questioning Shaad once...

Shaad= THE BLINDFOLD. 😆 

And AHIL could not have been there, for Jannat does not commit adultery. 😉

Why can't this guy Ahil dream for a change?😡😆

radadolcevida thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
beautifull interpretation and well written,
it was for sure more her confused mind than a dream sequence. I am relived now that it didn't look at the spoiler showed but in the opposite, it was her travel to her heart and not her mind. Mixed between her dream with Shaad and reality with Aahil. I feel for her and all her confusion, if only someone told her the truth 😕
darkice7_12 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4
Beautiful interpretation! Haven't had a chance to see it yet, but I'll keep it in mind when watching Sanam dance with another man.