Dobara Phir Se (film) *ing - Adeel, Sanam Saeed , Atiqa Odho etc

starstruckk thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Cast is out!
Mehreen's film is called Doobara Phir Se. 

Cast includes:
Adeel Hussain 
Sanam Saeed
Atiqa Odho
Tooba Siddiqi
Hareem Farooq
Ali Kazmi

I knew it! It had to have Adeel! Yess..love the cast. I'm going to watch this in theaters if it releases in NY! It will be shot in NYC too. The writer is Bilal Sami and ARY Films is the producer. Story is about love, friendship and relationships. 

Edited by starstruckk - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

starstruckk thumbnail

From Mehreen's interview in HipinPakistan:

My second film that I'm making after 7 years. It is titled Dobara Phir Se and stars Adeel Husain, Hareem Farooq, Sanam Saeed, Tooba Siddiqui, Ali Kazmi, Atiqa Odho, Shaz Khan, and child actor Moosa. It is written by Bilal Sami and produced by ARY Films. Am excited and nervous about it. I think it's a great story with strong characterizations. A story about love, friendships and growing up.

starstruckk thumbnail
I'm really glad to see Tooba back. I really liked her. She's a good actress. 
khamosshhh thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Sanam Saeed ❤️❤️

Adeel ❤️

Mehreen Jabbar❤️

Finally a new project of Sanam.😊
Edited by khamosshhh - 8 years ago
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Yay Sanam! Is it a telefilm or a feature film?
khamosshhh thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: .Hajmola.

Yay Sanam! Is it a telefilm or a feature film?

I think it's a feature film. Mehreen said it's her second film after 'Ramchand Pakistani.'

Also I think the cast has just been finalized. Still a very very long way before release I suppose. Abhi toh shooting hogi. Just know dat d locations r in US.

TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: khamosshhh

I think it's a feature film. Mehreen said it's her second film after 'Ramchand Pakistani.'

Also I think the cast has just been finalized. Still a very very long way before release I suppose. Abhi toh shooting hogi. Just know dat d locations r in US.

Ok...anyways best of luck to the team. Adeel is underwhelming as the lead. I wish someone else like Hamza. 
starstruckk thumbnail
It's a feature film. It hasn't gone into its production phase yet. It probably won't release till next year at the very least. So far, no news about when it'll release though. 
Very excited for this though. I like how it's going to be shot in NY (I know MJ mostly shoots here when she shoots abroad but I love it!)..it'll be interesting to see Mehreen direct Sanam Saeed and Adeel as leads here (I'm thinking these two will be the primary actors in the film?). I didn't like how the way they were directed in Shukk...so, looking forward to this! Also, very excited to see Tooba again!  She was directed under MJ in Vasl too. What I'm confused about is how there's so many women and more or less just Adeel as the male lead. 😆...not sure what that indicates. I'm also not sure about who the writer is? but since MJ took up the script I'm hoping for the best. 

Atiqa is working with MJ after yrs too. She was awesome in Harjaee when MJ directed her back then. So it'll be very interesting to see her direct all these people in one show once again. Adeel and Mehreen always work together. I was expecting Adeel here but thought maybe since they just worked in Jackson Heights together it may not be possible so soon again? ..but I'm glad to see Adeel and Mehreen work together for a film now...him and MJ along with Imran Abbas and MJ are my favorite actor/director combos of Mehreen's. 
starstruckk thumbnail

Originally posted by: .Hajmola.

Ok...anyways best of luck to the team. Adeel is underwhelming as the lead. I wish someone else like Hamza. 

I would have really liked if Hamza was chosen too actually. I love Adeel, but Hamza and Mehreen is a combination that I'd love to see onscreen. I can just imagine Hamza roaming around in a NY backdrop - would love seeing that! 😆

but, Adeel is Mehreen's favorite it seems. This will be their fourth show together. Adeel and Mehreen in Mata e Jaan weren't something to write home about..but they were awesome in Daam (and Daam was Adeel's big break). They also did Jackson Heights together and that got a lot of appreciation as well. I'm hoping this will be great too.
starstruckk thumbnail
By the way - Hamza has signed a new show. I think he's going to take a backseat with films for a while.