Blast from the Past Thread #29 **Aana To Tha Hi** Pg 23, Epi 346 - Page 47

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kizh72 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Indi di, Indu,
The cutesie ASR and the even more cutesie and sweet khushi grates, unfortunately. Guess this is the reason why we go back again and again to the early episodes and not to these. Also the reason why our threads are so quiet😆 Indi di, thank you for taking the effort to still do these episodes. As always its absolute pleasure to read what you write and it also gives one things to ponder on. Last couple of days, I've been reading your takes of random early episodes. What gems they are.
You both are right, the man doesn't look like himself in these episodes, tired. Was the off screen drama around his leaving on at that time?
indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
^^^

hi kizh, great to see you and i should thank you guys for even bothering to read these episode posts.

for me, despite all the flaws and gaps and jagged poky bits ipk felt like ipk right upto the 1 august fight... at the end of it, a superimposed asr voice saying he'll take her home the next day.

a lot had been going haywire and yet one sensed there was a way to bring story back, asr was out to win back his wife, this could be wonderful... and though story was a bit here and there, barun and sanaya were so good plus there seemed to be hints of a return to sheesh mahal, a back story...

anyway, the fight was so spectacular and my hopes soared so high that i absolutely did not suspect what was up ahead.

everything changed... dadi onward.

i couldn't make any sense of this lady, despite the deadly asr looks one got as a result and again i had no way of knowing that they would turn the much looked forward to i love you dammit to the remarriage drama.

i say much looked forward to because i know many in the forum were screaming for a more asr-ish declaration having decided the i love you khushi was not quite him. well, i was ecstatic with the way, the timing and the story of i love you khushi, so had no crib... but yeah, an i love you dammit was thoroughly asr and anything that is always my thing, ours in fact.

the scene after that had khushi looking thrilled and wonder struck. she walked back to their bedroom and picked up the petals, clearly a sign of her acquiescence to the idea.

how was i to know all this would turn into the unspeakable drama of avaidh shadi and remarriage.

and despite the fact that a look from barun at sanaya made me understand why asr might agree to this at all... i can't con myself into believing therefore remarriage is fine. again... it might have been.. had the writing made it so.

what is this cute couple act going on. who are these people. as for the barun leaving drama, i think it started a little later, or around now... he has said soemwhere and i don't have it handy that he was missing the character he played... that gussa, that asr...

every once in a way they gave him a spate of gussa as though it's a bribe to asr to remain him. the rest of him they robbed completely.

asr would stand around quietly while his wife and silly nk trapped the man who has ruined his di's life and actually killed her child?

really?

oh sorry, i forgot, this is asr who no longer goes to work and who spends his entire life looking at khushi with keen loving eyes and asks for more haldi to be put on him.

i sometimes wonder, since i pretend i can write.. that if i ever wrote a character like him or her, how would i react when the commercial considerations wanted "tweaking" (how i hate that word) and to what extent would i agree and how much would i allow to be totally ruined... at what point would i say, this is not right and walk.

absolute murder of a character, no two... is on. and anyone who says the show would have been fine had barun not left is dreaming.

to me, the look in his eyes at the mazar as he stares at her enraged and in hers, all innocence and fire and accusation and anger, is more exciting and romantic than all this dupatta drama. speaking of dupatta, episode 3, the brush and lingering touch of a floating white veil across a dark, stern face with chiseled features, a pause, and a turn of a proud head... a girl walking away, unaware.

that's called writing.

i see gautam hegde's tweet thanking all viewers and fans for keeping the ipk love alive, i feel  a faint stirring of anger. had they stuck to their guns, had the main writers raved and ranted a bit, had even one left, i might have had the respect for them i wish i could.

Edited by indi52 - 8 years ago
DurgaS thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Disclaimer: Please do not copy my work anywhere. If you do, please give credit. 

Episode 130

Dard ki doori 

Zubaan se nikli kadvi baatein kayi 
Haal dilka dabke reh gaya 
Aankhein kehti rahi dastaan dil ki 
Phir bhi door main tujhse hota gaya

Apni hi uljhan mein khota raha 
Dard tumhara na dekh saka 
Aansuon se dhulgaya dil ka aaina 
Sirf chahat hamara reh gaya

Beech mein dono ki khadi hai deewar 
Kheench rahi mujhko dil ki pukaar 
Kuch kar nahi pata, kya hai majboori? 
Sehna hi padega ye dard ki doori

Translation:

Many bitter words have been uttered 
The state of the heart got pressed down 
The eyes kept conveying the heart's tale 
But still I kept going further away from you

I kept getting lost in my own complications 
Couldn't see your pain 
With tears, the mirror of the heart got cleansed 
Just our fonding remained

Between both stands a wall 
Keeps pulling me, the heart's call 
Not able to do anything, what's this helplessness? 
Have to bear this painful distance 

Edited by DurgaS - 8 years ago
Horizon thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Script becomes very imp ultimately. . becos unfortunately barun and sanaya can make  a badly written scene only bearable, not running for our remotes but won't be able to make  a khushi bringing shyam back or a super saccharine asr ridiculously imitating khushi  at the temple into a dussera or a diwali...

its the channel thats the major culprit in ruining the tracks. becos they are the ultimate stake holders here.  TRPs went below 2.0 for the first time during kidnap and have never really gone up except for the week of court room drama and Shyam being kicked out. So they brought dadi, a saas basically, to boost up TRPs. She certainly had much better scope to going to back to her other son chachaji and sheesh mahal than bubbli and masala mama. The idea was fine but implementation not.

Post 300, there was a sea of change in the writers, it just said "creative team" perhaps meant SPs'. then came Jainesh.. and ironically post the remarriage ved raj came back. But it was all in channel's hands how they played with the writers and their writing. That is why PH had many hesitations initially to make a dori ripping if the channel would telecast or not ...becos that was a first of its kind ...and they shot it in many ways.. just in case channel doesn't approve .. but fortunately they did.. and we had an engraving in the stone...basically channel let the writers be until the trps were fine but once the ratings fell they flexed their muscle in a cliched bad taste. In a hostile every week ratings and channel pressures, to what extent writers could exercise or misuse their creative liberates remains obscure..

GH did love barun, sanaya, asr, khushi and reminisced  at every chance.. i do appreciate him for that..

barun leaving drama was only in the last month. Noone knew at this stage except for a fleeting rumor...but he never seemed in IPK mode. post MAMR shooting. he wanted to go. they didn't let him. He obliged for 2 months. come sept, remarriage, no one could stop him. I only wish he didn't make his loss of interest obvious in his on screen looks and make comments like hype for fans love for asr. otherwise he has every right to decide for himself...

But there was no one in the creatives thinking holistically for the story and the characters, Ideally every one should have accepted barun leaving and gave couple of good tracks post remarriage and call it a day. becos there was no way it could be stretched beyond a point.

In Mahabharata, there was a poem for how miserable Karna was in his final moments that led to his final downfall, as he had borne  curses from one and all.. kunti, krishna or even mother earth.. where the wheel of his chariot gets stuck in a soggy land and doesn't relent ... and he had to succumb...i feel the same for IPK..

Inspite,..all the insanity of the last few months couldn't really obliterate the alchemy of the first 10...

aarwen thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Aah Indu di your post and Durga di's poem both sad but true..
indi52 thumbnail
when a creative product belongs to no one really... no one is willing to fight to the death for it.. it does lose its very existence.

usually, tv serials i see i hardly think of as creative product. but ipk was one. who knows why, but it became that. an artistic leaning in it, a thing that hits hard, and then grips the insides, not letting go.

pity, when the trp storm came, no one was willing to be around and defend it till the bad times passed. mothers, when their children falter, hold firm, and hang in there... i speak of the sort of mothers that do, that yell scream and fight for their child, believing in him or her when things are down, and help a child go through to the other end, the safer shore, perhaps every creative product needs that sort of love.

not perhaps, i know it does. it is so so easy to lose a thing which is "creative" of spirit and being, when you evaluate it only in hard material terms. when you don't love it enough.

but yeah, ipk does have the resilience to weather, even its own flaws.

still astounds me how it was allowed to go this way.
Edited by indi52 - 8 years ago
aarwen thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Episode 342

In all the interactions today, I think my favourite was Payal and Akash's intrusion while ASR decides, dark or not dark, it is time to kiss that mehendi on Khushi's hands.  Akash looks like he has gone into shock, while Payal is surprisingly more adept at dealing with the situation. 

Just so you know, in hotstar the title of this episode is "Shyam admires Khushi's beauty".  In fact, they could have even called it "Shyam the know-it-all shrewd leering super villain".

He tried to charm his way as the dutiful humble damaadji, but both NK and nani were not in a relenting mood. There was some drama with babuji getting agitated seeing him there. I still hoped that would mean babuji would speak and reveal Shyam's murderous intentions, but that is not going to happen. 

NK was again given the center stage in some ways. Lots of suggestive humor and bawdy jokes were made by him and others, while ASR was too smitten by Khushi to remember to even utter a what the!

NK was also the only one to notice Shyam having a field day filming Khushi.  Everyone else is oblivious of his lewd staring. In between all this sickening leering, Shyam even manages to notice Garima panicking. For close to ten episodes now I think Garima has sported this terrified helpless look. No one else has noticed, but Shyam the astute villain sees all knows all.  

Anjali does a bit of noticing too, of a different one tracked kind. She notices the animosity towards her Shyamji and keeps a watchful eye. I did find Anjali looking towards Shyam to make sure he was fine perceptive writing in a way. He didn't deserve the sympathy and she was blind, but well she was being caring.

Babuji and Khushi's scene had a touch of sweetness. Father's have a special kind of blessing reserved for their daughters. In lots of ways babuji and Khushi's relationship has been the foundation of strength in the girl. And I have a firm belief that if he could talk he would tell us he really liked Arnav bitwa as a husband for Khushi. 

Am not a fan of the dupatta, and the pair of sun glasses was silly. This sugary obvious romance with sniggering family members doesn't make the heart go dhak dhak at all. dhup sa boy and chandini si girl was such an interesting concept. Specially when that song used to play and there was a feeling stealing its way in. This blatant unimaginative handling of the difference between the hero and heroine is no fun at all.

Through that dupatta, there was one instance when ASR was not smiling too much. He had a thoughtful gaze as he looked at Khushi, radiant and happy.  If a look can talk of love, this one was it for me, this episode. 

I didn't quite understand the specifics of what he meant when he tells Anjali to put haldi the way it was applied on Khushi, but I did appreciate the gravity of tone and air of concentration. He is a man on a mission, to give his wife a dream wedding. So, in his habitual all or nothing way he is set to be the perfect groom. Now if only he would smile less..

I guess I can give a little levy to the uninspired scenes this episode, since next is all about chemistry. Still, I like my love stories to be spirited. Where every interaction between hero and heroine is to be experienced with bated breath. With Khushi's cliched demure smiles and ASR's alien mushy smiles this hardly feels like the ajeeb love story I watch ipk for.

Anyway, watch ipk after a little break and even an episode like this is almost therapeutic, of course had I been watching some of the other classic episode that would be pure elixir. Why I am rambling? Because now I understand why I do not write reviews of the hundred other Indian soaps on television. There were no highs to note and no abysmal lows to lament. This mediocrity in story telling, sets, even dialogues is something I have come to expect in this phase of ipk. There was nothing to tug at my heart, or make me want to rewind and savor again. But, in true sankadevi sprits I will focus on the bright side.  Next episode is surely going to bring on the acidity.
Edited by aarwen - 8 years ago
indi52 thumbnail
^^^

hi rhea,

you kept your cool a little more than me while doing the take of 342. teehee.

exactly no one could see garima quaking, only shatir shyam... now that they have practically officially taken away the burden of shatir from my asr. na, i just really could not get the meaning of this duh-ly smiling lover boy and the cute antics. man is not built around cute, he is to be angry, action oriented, sharp, funny. not sweet-cute. please.

and of course, sanka devi is now who i really don't know.

that babu ji scene would have been loved by me, if only i could feel khushi in my heart.

but while reading your notes on the central sort of role given to nk and that description of episode on hotstar, i thought, the other story they might have been pondering and which we mentioned in 341 must have been still in consideration. i thought about it while watching but was so exacerbated by the pointlessness, didn't follow that thought.

sigh. let's hope 343 gives some real joy, i need to feel the beauty of this pyaar.

while reading your homeland review i noticed you used the word intelligent... i so so wish we had at least one script from indian tv, actually thsi very script, where one could use that. the scope was there. the writers could have and all the actors would have delivered and more.

you mentioned akash payal in the beginning. the scene would have touched me if teh whole thing did... both pretty neat actors. so much might have been done... rarely do you get cast this capable...  yet, no one thought of actually reaching up and out and trying to really get this script to work.

instead desperate track and story changes to get that number.

not one channel guy wants something better, not one production house convinces a channel. i catch some long running serials' episodes at times while desulorily surfing channels wondering if there's anything to see. they are all so dull, boring, predictable, with the same formula in each and every one... the leap being a favourite. and the same bag of goodies to pull out scenes from for romance, as if no one has the energy to think of something new... can't get it. why this really inferior story telling? what holds us back?

indi52 thumbnail

Originally posted by: DurgaS

Disclaimer: Please do not copy my work anywhere. If you do, please give credit. 

Episode 130

Dard ki doori 

Zubaan se nikli kadvi baatein kayi 
Haal dilka dabke reh gaya 
Aankhein kehti rahi dastaan dil ki 
Phir bhi door main tujhse hota gaya

Apni hi uljhan mein khota raha 
Dard tumhara na dekh saka 
Aansuon se dhulgaya dil ka aaina 
Sirf chahat hamara reh gaya

Kuch kar nahi pata, kya hai majboori? 
Sehna hi padega ye dard ki doori

Translation:

Many bitter words have been uttered 
The state of the heart got pressed down 
The eyes kept conveying the heart's tale 
But still I kept going further away from you

I kept getting lost in my own complications 
Couldn't see your pain 
With tears, the mirror of the heart got cleansed 
Just our fonding remained

Between both stands a wall 
Keeps pulling me, the heart's call 
Not able to do anything, what's this helplessness? 
Have to bear this painful distance 

durga, a verse after a while. so enjoyed reading. that flow of inexplicable yet undeniable feelings between two people, one has to feel its poetry. thanks so much for sensing and giving utterance to that.

DurgaS thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: indi52

durga, a verse after a while. so enjoyed reading. that flow of inexplicable yet undeniable feelings between two people, one has to feel its poetry. thanks so much for sensing and giving utterance to that.

Thanks Indi. Sensing and an urge to give utterance to hasn't stopped. Only getting to the medium to do the same is the hindrance. Thanks to my new device, this poem is a koshish to lessen that hindrance and make use of my in-between-tasks time to feed the urge. The pic too is made on pixlr app. Lots to let out, time continues to be a porcupine. Kuch to kareka padi ... ðŸ˜Š