Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Disenchanted- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: thakurpreeti

Hii Rithu,

So beautiful update, like it, paro jealous n How beautifully rudra n paro love, rudra gives gifts n do things for paro''

Enjoy ur holidays

Thank you. Rudra and Paro are darlings and best thing is that they never shy from doing things for each other.
-Disenchanted- thumbnail

Originally posted by: Cutemithra

Nice update rithu.. Rudra teasing Paro and she getting all jealous was fun to read.. I loved hw Rudra told shatabdi not to get married to Sumer as he wants his wife to spend time with him too.. And shatabdi's answer too..

So shatabdi s in danger due to the across the border mission.. Is Sumer going to play the hero here somehow since Rudra is not going to be around.. Because as you put it in last chapter he does have a knack to be at wrong place at right time..

English lessons.. Nice idea..

And you enjoy your vacation.. Take care and have a good time..

Thank you. Rudra knows his wife too well and how to push her buttons.

Rudra has a valid point. If she joins their family, he will be seeing less of his wife. At the same time she will bring out another side to her. Shatabdi is an old friend, so gets away with a lot.

Shatabdi is attracting trouble due to Rudra. More on Sumer's role will be revealed as the story progresses.

Thank you. I had a lovely time.
-Disenchanted- thumbnail

Originally posted by: firsttimehere

Hi Rithu 

Loved the update ๐Ÿ˜Š It had lots of PaRud and I loved all of it ๐Ÿ˜‰

Paro feeling insecure and jealous, Rudra's gifts to her , the way he spoke about the things he admires in Paro, their romantic encounter before parting ways , Their conversation , Paro's understanding Rudra's state of mind the previous night and his realization that Paro is priority of his life  and not someone else like his mother. .. it was all super ๐Ÿ˜Š

Happy vacations ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Have loads of fun and comeback with dhamake wale chapters on PaRud ๐Ÿ˜Š

I am really gonna miss this FF updates till you are back ( Actually - writers of most of the FFs here are on break and I am feeling so lost in this forum without  much new to read or discuss here ๐Ÿ˜ญ - Please do come back Rithu .. Will be looking forward for your updates ๐Ÿ˜ƒ)

Thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed the Parud bits.

The thing I liked best about Rudra is that he is very honest. He just highlights the best in her and doesn't bother about the rest. He doesn't lie to pacify her.

Mala is back in their lives. So Rudra needs to keep telling himself that his wife is not like her. For his sanity and for ours.

I really needed this break. But I'm back with full intention to complete this FF and write shorter pieces. So I hope that makes up for it.

Next update on Wednesday 
-Disenchanted- thumbnail

Originally posted by: deepsel

Loved the Parudilicious update ๐Ÿ˜ณSorry for the delay, just like ur vacation something cropped up unexpectantly for me too๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†( explained in PM).

Just like you promised am so happy you explained Parud's missed night๐Ÿ˜ณ that made perfect sense..Jealous Paro is cute๐Ÿ˜†...Kiddish Rudra cutest..Loved how Rudra indirectly fulfilling her wish to move forward in life..a perfect husband material this guy I must say๐Ÿ˜†

I was little confused when u made Rudra walk towards Shatabti but you have crafted a nice chapter with the evil eyes targeting her instead of Paro...I know you will keep her safe atleast for my Sumer's sake๐Ÿ˜ณ

Cute little Parud moments were yummyโ˜บ๏ธ

Enjoy your well deserved break with your family sweety...come back with a bang ๐Ÿค—

Thank you. I'll reply to your PM in a bit, Deeps.

Glad my explanation made sense. I feel Parud will be cute no matter what they do, atleast in my story. Can't seem to write them any other way. Yes, Rudra is trying hard to be a good husband.

Thank you, Shatabdi is more than Sumer's wife here. So attracts more attention both good and bad. For you and Sumer, will make sure she is okay for a while.

Had a awesome time with my family. Next update Wednesday
-Disenchanted- thumbnail

Originally posted by: seeta_naips

Rudra is going to save those girls but his wife is in danger

Thanks to the nature of his job, his wife will be a frequent target ๐Ÿ˜Š.

-Disenchanted- thumbnail
CHAPTER 23

12:00 am. It had been exactly two days since she last spoke to her husband. She tossed on the bed and her palms caressed his pillow. She drew it nearer and inhaled his scent. It was getting faint. He only called her once to inform that he reached. But everytime she tried to contact him, he wasn't reachable. Her uncle had informed that cellular network wasn't very trustworthy on away missions. But the mission was proceeding as expected. She was tempted to ask how he managed to contact Rudra so easily but decided not to. They probably had more important things to deal with than a wife missing her husband. She switched on the nightlight and saw the drooping red rose. "He must be tired too," she mused remembering how he tended to work himself to the bone when it came to his BSD missions. She walked to the foot of the bed and pressed the dying bloom in a book. They represented him, they had to be preserved. Her glance fell on her portrait above their bed. She frowned. "If only he was standing next to me in this," she thought to herself. The moonlight streaming through the window highlighted a black mark in the snow. She went closer to get a better look. Rudra Pratap Ranavat . His familiar scrawl was clear. She beamed with joy. So he was there in this portrait after all. She settled down to sleep holding his pillow tight.

3 a.m. She gave up. Sleeping alone was just too hard. She made her way to the aangan when she found someone sitting by a small lamp. She went closer stealthily grabbing a broom from the corner. "Hey Bholenath! Dhua kumari, where did you aparrate from this time of the night? Did you decide to sweep the stars off the sky?" Mohini Ranavat scolded. Paro immediately flung the article and apologized quickly. She just fixed her pallu firmly on her chignon and continued her needlework. "What are you doing Kakisa?" Paro asked curiously. The older woman fondly smiled as her hands wove beautiful patterns on the dark green saree. "When I brought Samrat home after delivery, my mother-in-law had gifted a saree for me. She had embroidered it herself. She did the same when Sumer and Sunheri were born too. I had decided to do the same for my daughters-in-law when they were blessed with children. But I never get around to do it when Shanti came to us," she explained. Paro smiled silently. She knew this was the softer side of her mother-in-law which was hidden from the world. She remembered how hard it was for her to accept her niece. She couldn't wait for her sister's reaction to this gesture. She sat down and caressed the soft chiffon. Green, Jeeja's favourite colour. Mohini stiffened and pulled it away. "I don't know whether I'll get a chance to make one for you. You spend your entire day working like an ox and spend your nights wandering about like a ghost. Soon you fall sick and that camel will get obsessed with your health than plan a family," she scolded. Paro looked down guiltily she was trying to distract herself with work so that his absence is not felt so strongly. "I'll take care of my health, Kakisa. Rudra... I mean your nephew won't have to worry about that," she assured her. She was asked to go back to bed. But she refused saying she wanted to start on her chores early. "Okay, then bring me a cup of tea," came the instruction. She nodded with a smile and proceeded to the kitchen.

A few minutes later Paro returned with two cups of steaming hot tea. "Beendini, are there rats in your room that you couldn't sleep without Rudra banna in your room?" Mohini asked. The young woman shook her head vigorously. She didn't want to show that her husband being away was giving her sleepless nights. "If you want you can sleep in Sunheri's room like before, till he returns ," Mohini suggested remembering how Rudra had her stay with him before. Maybe the girl was afraid of the dark. Paro thought for a minute and replied, "Kakisa, she has exams coming up where she has to study so many big fat books. If I am around, she might be distracted." The older woman was gave her a strange look, "Maithili told me that you have signed up for classes too at your NGO. So you'll have studies to focus on too." Paro beamed and replied that her classes just started and it was more interactive than a formal education. There was no studying to do. There was a young man who has come to teach them English from an arts college in Jaipur. So far she had learnt how to greet people in English. Mohini was amused as she was asked, "Won't your nephew be surprised when he returns?" The young wife had no clue how her husband was already wrapped around her little finger even without trying. She remembered how her sister had wanted to charm Dilsher when they were newly married when everything seemed perfect. She hoped this young bride had a stronger and more loyal heart. After all it wasn't easy being married to a Ranavat. She nodded when the girl said she was going to attend to the other tasks planned for the day.

A few hours later, Paro found herself at the tourist center in Jaipur unable to concentrate on anything. Something in her heart warned that Rudra was not having an easy time. He was probably hurt and far from help. Why else will he ignore her calls? Shatabdi teased and said her husband is too busy playing hero to think of his heroine. But even heroes sustain injury don't they? And she had seen him in action to know how he fights ruthlessly and recklessly with no regard to his personal safety. Mrs. Sisodia had told her that it will get easier with time and Rudra will be careful because he knows that he has a darling of a wife waiting for his safe return. She then send both girls off an early lunch. The two friends decided to have lunch outside watching the tourists. Shatabdi ate in silence watching her friend pick on her food. Her resolve to not to marry a uniformed man was strengthened. She had watch her mother pine away for years. She knew that it doesn't really get easier with time. Maybe like her parents suggested she should meet Sumer. She saw a man in bright coloured clothes walking towards them. She shook herself. He looked like Sumer. She needed to get a hold of herself. She wasn't one of those girls who day dream about charming princes who will sweep them of their feet. Though Sumer was definitely a charmer. "Paro, I'll be right back," she said excusing herself before saying anything stupid.

Paro frowned at the food which her jeeja had made so lovingly. It tasted wonderful but she couldn't enjoy even a small bite as she wondered if Rudra was eating his burnt potatoes and dry rotis. She almost shut the box when she heard a voice, "How can you not eat Maithili bhabhisa's palak?" She swiftly turned almost dropping the lid. Sumer gave her a goofy grin in apology. He never meant to startle her. He gave her a few bags, "I bought some toys and sweets for Shanti. I may not come home this weekend. So I was hoping you could hand it over to bhabhisa." Paro took the bag from him and replied that his mother would miss him if he doesn't visit frequently. He laughed, "No, she would hate it if I come now during tourist season. She wants me to become a responsible person away from my Chandangarh friends." Paro defended his mother saying that most parents have big dreams for their children and Kakisa is also like that. She managed to see the kind heart even in his brutish cousin it shouldn't be a big surprise for her to see the best in his mother too. "Next time, bhabisa makes Palak, bring some for me too," he said, looking forlorn. She wondered if he was cooking for himself like Bapusa used to. "You can have this, I'll eat something else," she offered. He gleefully gobbled the rotis.

Shatabdi found them both sitting in companionable silence. "Paro, don't tell me you are planning to skip your meal," she scolded. Sumer stopped, he felt like the school bully who steals other children's lunches. He looked carefully, she didn't look like she was taking care of herself. "I'm not very hungry," she said truthfully. Her friend glared at Sumer who was busy counting his fingers. "Rudra has been away for three days na?" he asked. Paro nodded woefully. "He won't even answer my calls. I don't know what he is doing." Sumer understood what the problem was. "Bhabhisa, I think you should eat. He will be back in a day or two. If he is hurt, you need to be strong enough to take care of him," he said casually. Shatabdi was shocked at his words. Her friend was already thinking of the worst and he wasn't helping. "I'm sure he isn't hurt, Paro. It's a rescue mission conducted through diplomatic channels," she clarified. "Then stop worrying so much. Tomorrow there is a fair at Jetpur. Go there buy a lot of pretty trinkets for yourself, something that will blow his mind when he returns," he teased. She blushed thinking of the waist chain with blue beads she had recently bought. He loved her waistchains. She muttered that she was going to leave the bag inside. She thought of the choli which was decorated with mirrors just like he had requested. Sumer bhaisa was right, he could return home anytime. She just had to be patient and prepare for his homecoming.

Sumer saw his sister-in-law walk away bashfully. He almost laughed thinking of her worries. His cousin can take any foe on field. His greatest enemy was closer home and reaching out to steal their peace. Mala Tejawat, the woman she used to call as Thakurain maasa. She was the one with the power to crush Rudra's soul. Just like she did all those years ago. And she wouldn't hesitate to do that again. Just like she did in the tunnel when he held a gun to his head. The image of him trying to hold himself together when he saw her siding with a criminal and the effort it took to focus on his mission was branded on his mind. He never truly sympathized with his cousin and his trials until then. He felt a slap on his shoulder and turned around to see Shatabdi's furious face. "She was barely eating or sleeping and you tell her that her husband could come back hurt" she shouted. He laughed, "Calm down, that crazy camel she married is always drawn to scraps and I will be very suprised if he returns without a scratch." She couldn't argue with that, this was the reason why he was BSD's favoured officer and everyone else's nightmare. "Look, just convince her to go to the fair. He won't stay away for too long. He will be missing her too. The gaiety there will keep her spirits up until he returns," he advised. She stared at his back as he walked away whistling. There seemed to be more than a goofy, mama's boy to Sumer Ranavat.

thakurpreeti thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Nice update, u shows a nice nature of kakisa. Every person have many secret habits n hidden qualities. Superb
Cutemithra thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Awesome chapter. It was nice to read the caring sides of kakisa and Sumer.
Poor Paro.. Missing Rudra badly. But Sumer is right. Even Rudra will be no different. But my situation is even worse. I am missing them both ๐Ÿ˜ญ ..
Sumer and shatabdi duo rocks.
custodian75 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Paro is feeling the absence of Rudr. She is so used to his presence that sleeping without him is almost impossible. 
That was very thoughtful of Mohini to make a saree for Maithili. She has come a long way from accepting shanthi. 

Sumer looks like a happy go lucky kind but his character has more depth. 
bluemoon255 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
poor paro is missing her rudra
can't wait for their reunion.

kaakisa and so caring๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†

lovely chapter yaar.
Edited by bluemoon255 - 8 years ago