Views

Users

Frequent Posters

indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: aarwen

hehehe last one for now.. 

since i am a chamchi of asr, perfect or diminished, aane do aane do...

i so so so so so wish i had feelings as strong for these beautiful visual moments as i do for all the early episodes, where there was hardly ever any touching, but the feelings... gave peace to my  world weary heart.

really we should rewrite ipk determinedly post kidnap and throw in all our favourite moments in a story that is them and not what star plus's trp desperation and ph's lack of guts and integrity led to.

aarwen thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Episode 341
The episodes feel disjointed nowadays. When I sit to write it becomes harder to ignore. There are some moment when the music feels wonderful, or the dialogue makes you smile, or the smile makes you sigh. But more and more prominent are the loud obvious minutes that feel out of place in the IPK I love.

His sorry I have come to terms with, but thank you too? Atleast, for now she apologizes too. And all the sorrys and thank yous have a sweet reward. 

I could feel ASR still in anticipation, daring to hope, but still waiting to see if it was about to come true. As she leaned to kiss him tenderly on the cheek. Not a hurried peck, but a lingering caress. You can see the smile start to spread on his face. One of pure dazed joy.

We and he can't be allowed to indulge in bliss for too long, buaji has called her titiliya. And the poised loving wife slips away and ASR delivers some weird eye brow rising dialogues about leaving his Khushi. As if that is even possible! And as if he would say such an unthinkable thing..

Love does make us sensitive. We react in extreme ways and sometimes the silliest things worry us or disturb us. And all you need is the man who shouts at you to engulf you in a reassuring hug. Place his hand on your head and gather you close. Who cares if buaji calls, let your eyes remain close and wish the moment lasts longer, and you get to be just this. A girl madly in love.

The bedroom sorry and thanks I can live with.. The door thanks was definitely extraneous. One of those scene where again it was all too trite, but the soft notes of rabba ve definitely mellifluous. 

She says hamesha and he confirm smoothly in English. Always.. She makes a face and mutters about him not using hindi even for emotions of the heart.. It is toned down, but I didn't like. Ughh no analysing aabeheniya.. Go on.

Onto haldi morning. Chote has been sufficiently teased and everyone is on their way to surprise the Gupta family.

Khushi is in her shakuntala look, that I am quite enamored with. Worrying about her mehendi color. As if anyone looking at laad governor can doubt how much he loves her! Well, I mentioned this earlier, love does make you go a bit crazy. Perfectly possible to be jittery at the same moment as being elated.

ASR's quip earlier about leaving her hand and now NK saying he would take ASR's place, in fist viewing my heart sank.. I was dreading the twist that Khushi for some reason would have to marry NK and not ASR.

"scuse me"..He glides in with eyebrows arched and a mocking disbelieving half smile.. But did you catch that sparkle in his eyes? Now, when I watch, I think maybe it was Barun trying to add the extra layer to ASR.. Khushi today is taking his breath away.. And that first glimpse of his gorgeous wife is noted and appreciated even while continuing the delightful banter..

"Right, I saw. lakshminagar ke signal pe khare hoke tumhara wait kar ra hai.. Jao jake shadi kar lo".. 

This is when I have climbed onto my bed and whistled a little .. That salman khan fan like roadside whistle with two fingers in my mouth.. who wants sweet nothing whispered when you can have him say such ASR sounding fabulous stuff.

Jealous ASR is my favourite form of ASR.. No wait.. I think my favourite is the angry asr.. Oh but what about when he says shhh most tenderly.. Err.. You get the gist.. you are my favourite pretty much every way.. Except don't smile too much, got it?

How homely.. He is offering to help even when they are apparently in one of their fights..

"Laal hai.. Naak.. Tumhari naak laal hai" 

"Kyunki aap humse pyar nahi karte Arnavji.."

"Really, subah paper mein aaya tha?"

How come the repartee has that added heated air.. His look is all male.. The way he holds himself has a heady masculinity I felt.. Enjoying the play with the girl who is looking gorgeous.. Unknowingly she teases him more.. 

All that talk about wanting proof of love.. I ignore.. these two are the ones who spoke of vishwas.. of sach and jhooth not mattering in the slightest in the face of that trust.. But mute the sound of reason and just watch how his gaze lingers on her. How feminine she looks in his arms and heart is sure to burst in a riot of dhak dhaks..

- Anjali and shyam.. Her voice is getting irritating... that mawkish helpless tone.. It is consist.. And with her chote that ignore reality and pretend this is episode 10 tone..

- All throughout these episodes Shyam will have an omnious presence. See all know all. And the shatir ASR is apparently no match,

- Since when has asr started worrying about such things as rings?

- "Shadi ke baad toh ghunghat uthate hai na.. Toh nannav zehmet kyu uthayega.." NK was funny but I was too busy worrying they were going to force Khushi to marry him in some bizarre storyline. Cheez and that belly rub and dance.. Hai re nk.. And then did you notice how he stands with his hand on ASR trying to doge mami? Entirely irrelevant but thought I would mention it, he a funny sea green paijama under his white kurta. 
Edited by aarwen - 9 years ago
indi52 thumbnail
^^^

rhea,

read 341. honest, smart take. disjointed yes... that's the word. as if every now and then, a scene was written by a non ipk writer.

i have heard they used to just give out scenes to freelancers whenever needed. if in fact they did that, this could be the effect of it.

have you noticed barun is again at number one in if? these scenes more than many others tell me why. how valiantly an actor is trying to hang onto a character he has created. now almost nothing makes sense.

because he tried to see those sorries and thank yous vis a vis asr... his heart, his upright nature, his generosity to those he loves (di said once to him, no point in saying no now, later you'll tail me around saying sorry so might as well give in...) because of how he said the words i could take it. but really, would he have said such things at all? and that too so soon?

only saving grace, looked her straight in the eye and said he doesn't trust shyam at all. thankfully he isn't puddle too.

and khushi? is she really so daft? she who could sense the slight and game in that shop keeper's voice in those early episodes? she who slapped shyam tight when she discovered his game, and she who has seen what shyam planned to do with asr... would she, without talking to him, bring shyam back?

frankly, utterly peurile writing.

i really don't get khushi any more. and sanaya has become too "nyaka" for me, the opposite of the jhalli girl i loved. why would she say such a silly mehendi not red enough nonsense. and why would asr even react like that too a nonsensical accusation. i enjoyed the salman banter much more... very very male. a trace of jealousy in it despite the ha ha, like my husband has when the boy is discussed. πŸ˜†

yeah, if we mute volume and watch, we feel the adult man and his need for some real interaction with his mate.

but only we will do such a thing, i can't imagine how they let it all become so weird.

okay, right through my 341 take i've written what i felt very strongly this time... another story line was being considered.

these are desperate days. i think they'd sort of think up a minimum of three possibilities, seed them with hints in dialogue, keep all options open and move ahead as per trp figures.

crazy.

the lack of integrity in almost everything that i see out of my desh is really beginning to get to me.

not a single writer has the cojones to say... no way, basic story must not lose flow, we can change little bits here and there but if we sell out like this all is gone. certainly production houses only care for payment and channel only for advertiser's money.

only that.

when you sell your soul to money and forget the reason you exist... ah.

he he he he was nk wearing green pyjamas? how could they even consider getting khushi married to him? she is married to asr dammit.

so many channels... not one with a real story to tell. and integrity or respect for audience? hello hi bye bye.

DurgaS thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Indu, Indi, 

Thanks for liking the poem. Couldn't help notice the contrasting colours. Had to use them for this out of the world scene. 

Rhea, 

Awesome edit work with the haldi scenes. Hamey pata hi nahin chala aap kab edits mein expert ho gaye! πŸ‘ πŸ˜Š 

DurgaS thumbnail

I was having this feeling that there was something pending since sometime on the thread. Sorry Javeria, Faiqa for this extremely late reply. 

Originally posted by: Javeria3991

A VERY BEAUTIFUL POEM       . 
It's been so long to read anything on this amazing thread. Though i find remarriage rituals baseless but still they were necessary to stop world questioning on the purity of love and also for fulfilling khushi's dream of big fat wedding. 
I love these lines You are mine ... you've been so, since long
There was a time when a shade of your sadness was visible on the moon
Now I look at the moon, I can see your smile
The same smile is now spread on my face
You are mine ... you've been so, since long

and my most favorite ritual 

The ring of love has been put on again
Earlier when I had tied the thread of my heart on your finger
Since then, our bonding has been sealed

The way you describe that mandir moment, it's beautiful. 
πŸ‘  πŸ‘   πŸ‘  πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘  πŸ‘  πŸ‘   πŸ‘  πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘  πŸ‘   πŸ‘  πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘

Hey Javeria, how are you? Thank you so much for reading and commenting on the poem. I agree the remarriage rituals were unnecessary and this is what Arnav tries to tell. But nevertheless, I enjoyed this phase, because it helped to bring them more closer. 

Originally posted by: .ArshiHamesha.

Durga ,πŸ‘

wah bhai wah...kya baat hai😊

I am not highlighting anything...such a wonderful tribute⭐️

amazing editsπŸ‘

If u ask me this line is the Summary of all

Tere liye phir bhi jhuk gaya tera haath maangne❀️

Faiqa, thank you so much for loving the poem. I liked that line too, it just came so naturally as if it had to be in the poem. Thanks for liking the edits. I have hardly improved my editing skills but still feel happy when my dear expert friends appreciate them. πŸ˜³

Edited by DurgaS - 9 years ago
kizh72 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Indi di, Rhea,
I have been reading your takes and enjoying them. Haven't made any comments, didn't feel like it for some reason. Major unraveling of the story line in these episodes. Things seem fake. That sorry I could digest, but that thank you was a big no no for me too. And I think the aliens have taken over in the guise of acchi bahus. 
Rhea, something you wrote in your take struck me. Love does make us sensitive. We react in extreme ways and sometimes the silliest things worry us or disturb us. 
Was she insecure in some corner of her heart and mind? Khushi the way she was introduced does put up a front, of being this happy nut case. And like ASR they used to show the way she worked through her doubts, insecurities, mulling things in her head. Not any more. Wouldn't it have been lovely if they had shown something like that. 
And they were considering other story lines?πŸ˜• I think a behind the scenes look at what really went on then, may be very interesting!
indi52 thumbnail

Originally posted by: kizh72

Indi di, Rhea,

I have been reading your takes and enjoying them. Haven't made any comments, didn't feel like it for some reason. Major unraveling of the story line in these episodes. Things seem fake. That sorry I could digest, but that thank you was a big no no for me too. And I think the aliens have taken over in the guise of acchi bahus. 
Rhea, something you wrote in your take struck me. Love does make us sensitive. We react in extreme ways and sometimes the silliest things worry us or disturb us. 
Was she insecure in some corner of her heart and mind? Khushi the way she was introduced does put up a front, of being this happy nut case. And like ASR they used to show the way she worked through her doubts, insecurities, mulling things in her head. Not any more. Wouldn't it have been lovely if they had shown something like that. 
And they were considering other story lines?πŸ˜• I think a behind the scenes look at what really went on then, may be very interesting!

hi kizh,

yeah, fake is the word.

i really liked what you said about showing kkg actually sitting and pondering the pyaar, her insecurity even if that still lingers and nothing's to say it can't. but the alien achhi bahu takeover πŸ‘ πŸ‘ has ruined everything. she is not allowed to be human any more... so either a funny doll or a good girl... bas. samjhi tum.

if i had the diligence, perseverance, intelligence, and many other ences/ances, i'd have done a comparative study of khushi and nora in doll's house... how in our zamana, she was allowed to be a human, almost, but then whiiizzzmamarooo, back she is to puppet on a patriarchal social system... men are in places of power, they pay tv channels as advertisers, nandkissore is comprending and wondering if such rubbish portrayals of women would have been tolerated if women were the paying lot.

aaah, this research could get very complex and cross-disciplinary with stepford wives barging in in perfect little steps on high heels, skirts swirling, possibly with a tray of lemonade since things could get pretty hot around here.

okay, i have lost it.

they made him say thank you. anyone remember 1984, big bro? you not only had to obey him... you had to love him. asr must adore this nonsense... thankfully he still doesn't trust shyam. why do i get the feeling that barun insisted on that dialogue? i bet he did, in fact. surely no jainesh would think of it, nor the new unimproved ved raj or gautam hegde.

Edited by indi52 - 9 years ago
Horizon thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: indi52

i so agree with you, indu... actually, even that sorry coming so quickly, is not him. nothing almost is him any more. i meant that barun with his acting tried to make sense of it and almost had me convinced, even though nothing was.

i did like his swift, i don't trust shyam at all on the back of his second or was it one millionth sorry.

the power of this man, his complexity, his individuality, that striding quality, that lone rider attitude which makes him him, a guy who does what he thinks is right, that excessive yet kept under wraps tenderness... ah all of that, systematically stymied dadi onward.

even as khushi is losing all the things that made her the girl we could identify with... feel for.

It was no less a miracle this shy, down to earth guy.. running and jumping around could pull of such complexity in the blink of an eye lid...he is the master by then..

but behind the scenes it was chaotic already.. barun was ready to leave...so too was Abhas ... hence the urgency to send Shyam off even without the newly re- weds had a moment to share .. makers too busy with their new baby..

If the first 200 were coherent, beautiful there was a tremendous effort from many corners with people sleeping on sets...once it started falling apart, it fell hard...asr is conveniently neglected post kidnap around whose convictions the whole story revolved from where i saw...totally self less khushi is made almost apathetic towards him..

But, for much longer than it is possbile in tellyland, gorgeous looks, great acting, unfaltering characterization, crisp story telling.. there was some thing for every one .. or all in one... looking back it is still the best presentation..

aarwen thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: kizh72

Indi di, Rhea,

Thanks for noticing Kizh.. I agree with you about her insecurity. Both she and ASR suffered with some form of insecurity of happiness. Also both dealt with the insecurity of losing people they love, in their own ways. or so I feel.

I think I mentioned this earlier too. My personal favourite moments of Khushi are some of the ones she spent sitting on the Gupta house steps or the courtyard bench.

One of those Shyam had even tried to slither his way in with a tea cup in hand, but Khushi doesn't share easily that which troubles her the most. in those days of topsy turvey feelings, she might have laughed and made others happy the whole day, but at night by herself she sat and thought trough her day. Not really sad or lonely, but a graceful pensive stillness on the outside and a turmoil inside. 

When not needed no comedy was ever forced on her. She talked to devi maiyya, her stars, sometimes even to her jiji.. Whys and hows of her reaction to that man. Why she didn't want to even think of marrying another. Such gorgeous, touching and absolutely beguiling introspection. 

Without knowing what she is thinking its difficult to get swept in her feelings. And always her upbeat smile or righteous seriousness only makes the character more shallow.
Edited by aarwen - 9 years ago
DurgaS thumbnail

Disclaimer: Please do not copy my work anywhere. If you do, please give credit. 

Episode 353 

Together Forever 

What is happening now, never happened before
One who never wanted to marry, is getting married once more 
In a scamper to keep his wife close and never let her go 
Love can reduce one to anything, making feelings outpour 

It's a bond that was long due, right from the first catch 
Many tussles they were through, but always set was this match 
When hate couldn't keep them apart, love won without a scratch 
The old lady's plans had to fail, no matter how many she could hatch 

All the rituals repeated, but in full family view 
Remorse is depleted, hearts full of happiness true 
The wedding of Arnav and Khushi is the biggest joy ever 
A bond for one to cherish and be together forever 

p.s. This too I had written sometime back for one of Vandana's events on fb. πŸ˜Š