Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

teekay thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: saakhi01

Hey dear , when will u update next chappy?? Any tentative date?

Soon πŸ˜‰
teekay thumbnail

Originally posted by: PS0954

Beautiful!
Beautiful!
Beautiful!

...that is all what's there on my mind after reading your last update to this fiction! <3

Thank you. At least it is not painful πŸ˜›
teekay thumbnail

Chapter 38: Plans

It was a kiss that touched the dead corners of their heart like a cold, soothing elixir. It was a kiss that set them on fire. Arnav's hand left Khushi's head and instead he wrapped his arm around her, pulling her whole body closer as the blazing fire made them forget everything else. 

In that moment, all that existed was Khushi and Arnav and their unspoken love for each other. They kissed with an urgency that said they couldn't get enough of each other; they kissed with a need that said they couldn't give enough of themselves to the other. Khushi's body pressed hard into Arnav's and the swing moved under them. Arnav tried to seek balance, but they'd both been too lost in the moment and with one of his hand still in plaster and most of the weight of Khushi over him, the next moment they had slipped off the swing and fallen on the grass bringing them back to reality. Khushi immediately parted from Arnav's embrace and removed her eyes away as both of them realized what they had been doing. 

For a minute, nobody said anything. Then Khushi felt Arnav's arm around her shoulder and she turned to look at him. As soon as their eyes met, they both erupted into laughter simultaneously. Both the grief of their heavy hearts and the awkwardness of a few moments before disappeared as they openly laughed together, for the first time ever.

A minute later, Khushi stopped laughing and looked smilingly at Arnav, who had laid back flat out on the grass and was still laughing manically. The sound of the joy in his voice tugged at her heart with the same intensity that seeing her pain in his eyes had tugged at her heart a few minutes ago. She felt herself getting sucked once again in the gushing warmth Arnav always seemed to generate inside her. Somehow, the man always found a way to touch her soul and draw something out of her, no matter how much pain and darkness filled inside her. She didn't realize why and how she kissed him moments ago but she knew it was an expression of the unique bond of pain they shared - pain that nobody else understood but them. However, by the time they parted away, she knew the kiss had changed its character because every inch of her was feeling the same maddening desire for him she used to feel a couple of weeks ago when he was away. 

At all levels, in ways she didn't even understand, Khushi needed Arnav. 

She took a deep breath to control herself before standing up.

Arnav realized Khushi had stopped laughing and looked up to her sitting next to him. Her piercing gaze was on her and in the shining moonlight, she looked like an angel. He didn't think it was possible, but today after listening to her story and after getting to know more of her, he was more in love with her than ever. In fact, it was much more than love. He felt pride. He felt a deep respect. He was in awe of her courage. He felt a maddening need inside him to give her everything - happiness in every way, anything and everything she wanted...the whole world needed to be at her feet, really.

Shaking his head to dismiss the crazy thoughts inside him, he smiled at her when she stood up and extended her hand to him, "Let's go inside", she said. 

He grabbed her hand and used her support to stand up. Hands still intertwined, they walked inside the house, their feet leading them to Khushi's room by themselves. 

Arnav pulled back his hand as Khushi sat on her bed and was about to turn away when she grabbed his hand again. He turned his head towards at her and found her looking straight at him. For a second his heart stopped. She looked breathtaking. Her eyes were dark and there was an innocent vulnerability on her face. He took a step towards her, wanting nothing more than to envelope in her arms and make love to her all night, then forced some restraint on himself. He knew she was vulnerable tonight after sharing her past and he did not want her to regret anything later. But more importantly, he knew that after everything that she'd lived through, she deserved more than wordless sex. She deserved to be treated like a princess and made love to with dignity and absolute care. 

"Not like this" he murmured, his eyes not leaving hers and instead of kissing her senseless, Arnav bent over her and kissed her forehead, then made her lie down in the bed, covering her with the comforter.

"You are the purest and the most beautiful woman in the entire world, Khushi. Inside and outside." he spoke sincerely to her, looking in her eyes as he placed her hand over her chest. 

"Good night" he murmured and kissed her forehead one more time before leaving her room.

As soon as she emerged from her room, Payal saw Arnav stand outside Khushi's door, watching her sleep from the half-opened door of her room. It was still early in the morning, though clearly her sister had overslept by her usual standards if she was still asleep. Payal watched Arnav for a bit, then walked towards him. The adoration in his eyes was unmistakable.

"Good morning" Payal said, startling Arnav who suddenly turned not realizing when Payal had crept up on him.

"Oh good morning Payal. Did you sleep well?"

"Yep. Is di still asleep? Should I wake her?"

"No no. Let her rest. I...I came to see..."Arnav stammered for words as both of them walked away from Khushi's door "I came to see if she was awake because I wanted to ask her something. But maybe you can tell me too." Arnav finally got his brain working right as they reached the living room couch. He got very little sleep overnight. First he slept late because he was raging with desire for Khushi and cursing himself and his sense of propriety for not giving in to the moment and staying back with her. And then he woke up early, feeling restless as his need to make everything right for Khushi. He even called the DIG he knew at 7 am at his house and talked to him about the possible plan against Tony, giving him whatever details he knew and making note of whatever else he needed to ask Khushi and pass on to the police later in the day. 

"I...I wanted to know your address. I mean your old address, where you lived. And also if you have the address of Shyam."

"Shyam? Why?"

"I..."Arnav paused, then sighed and decided to tell Payal. If they wanted Payal to start being responsible and behave like an adult, they should treat her with the same respect. "You know he tried to hurt your sister. I wanted to do a police complaint against him so he doesn't come after either of you in the future."

"Hmm. That makes sense. I will write down the address. I even have his cell number." Payal stood up to bring her phone to Arnav.

"Here" she said, showing Arnav Shyam's contact details on her phone while she herself scribbled their old address.

"Thank you." 

"You know I called him once..."Payal said and Arnav looked at her with concern.

"When?"

"After you and didi came to Panchgani. I was angry and I wanted to call him and ask him to take me."

"What?" Arnav stood up, shocked.

"I didn't...I mean I called him...but I didn't talk to him. He didn't pick up. Later, he called back but by then I had calmed down and I thought if Khushi di had said not to talk to him, I shouldn't. That's it, nothing happened."

"That's it? You sure?"

"Yeah. He doesn't have my number so I am sure he didn't guess it was me. I...I am sorry..."

"It's okay Payal. No harm done.  But you did good champ. At least now we know an active number that was working only a few days ago. Maybe it would help the police track him down faster. Thank you. But, you're smart and responsible and anger can make us do terrible things. You should learn to control it."

"Yes. I know. I always cool down and think I won't repeat it, but I don't know why I get angry. I want to be like Khushi di...she almost never loses control. But it's so hard to be like her."

"That's true. She's quite perfect, isn't she?" Arnav answered with a slight smile on his face and Payal noticed that Arnav's mind was elsewhere. 

Just then Khushi walked into the living room having heard their noises and Arnav's smile instantly widened.

"Good morning" she said "I just woke up. Looks like both of you beat me."

"No worries. You go freshen up. Today me and Payal are making breakfast."

"Oh really?"

"Yes ma'am. Come Payal." Arnav grinned and got a beautiful smile in response from Khushi, none of which went unnoticed by Payal.

He walked to the kitchen as she returned to her room and Payal followed.

"Arnav bhaiya, can I ask you something?" Payal asked after a few minutes as they started chopping ingredients for omelettes.

"Yes, kiddo. Anything."

"You like her a lot, don't you?" he asked and Arnav almost cut his finger, startled. He turned towards Payal who had also stopped chopping and was looking at him.

"You do, right. It's in your eyes when you look at di."

Arnav was stunned for a few seconds not knowing how to respond, then took a deep breath. "Who wouldn't? Your sister is the most amazing person I have ever met."

Payal grinned in response, then resumed chopping her mushrooms. "You're quite amazing too, Arnav bhaiya. I like you a lot. You should tell her."

"Payal, I..."Arnav struggled for words, trying to figure out how to react.

"You want her in your life, don't you?" Payal turned around and asked plainly.

"More than anything else" Arnav answered, this time without any hesitation "Payal, would you...how would you feel if I asked your sister to marry me?"

"How do you think I'd feel, jeeju?" Payal smiled and gave a hug to Arnav. Arnav had a big smile on his face too as he parted.

This was...unexpected. And easy.

If only it was going to be as easy getting Khushi to say Yes. But after the previous night, Arnav felt hopeful again. There was something between them, undeniably powerful.

They resumed cooking; Arnav asked after a few minutes.

"How did you know?"

"It's pretty obvious the way you look at her and the way you care for her. And me too. But you haven't told her yet, have you?"

"No. I don't know how she feels...and I don't want to lose the friendship that we have if she doesn't want me."

"Arnav bhaiya is so nice. He remembered what I told him the other day about things I liked and bought them when I wasn't even looking. He even ordered our favorite food without even asking at lunch. He is so caring and thoughtful, isn't he?" Payal had gushed to her sister after they'd returned from their shopping trip.

"Yes, he is." Khushi had replied, smiling brightly.

"When I grow up, I want to be more like him. He tries to make everyone happy all the time. I will thank him again tomorrow."

"You should, though I don't think I can ever thank him enough for all he's done for us...I just want him to be happy too. He's gone through a lot in his life" Payal looked up and noticed her sister smiling, but lost. Then Khushi added wistfully, saying more to herself than to anyone else "There's nothing...absolutely nothing that I wouldn't do for Arnav and his happiness"

Payal remembered her conversation with Khushi earlier and smiled at Arnav's question. She was sure she loved Arnav too, even if she didn't admit it yet.

"Don't worry so much. Just tell her. You know...my sister...she's amazing and very smart, but she can be quite dumb too when it comes to asking for something she wants."

"You think?" Arnav asked, hopefully.

"Just trust me" Payal winked, leaving Arnav wondering what Payal knew that he didn't. Obviously, things were a touch more complicated than Payal knew because of all the ugly history between them, but still as Khushi walked to the kitchen to join them for breakfast, looking fresh as a daisy, Arnav couldn't help but feel more optimistic than in ages. 

He would ask her to marry her, and he would do it the way she deserved to be asked. He was going to absolutely sweep her off her feet.

The rest of the day passed by in work, as well as in thinking up the perfect proposal for Khushi. When he got back in the evening, he told Khushi about his discussion with the police on raiding Tony. She called and managed to talk to Lavanya for a while, informing her about the upcoming raid in the next few days so she could disappear just before that and also getting a lot of information about Tony's gang from her that she relayed to Arnav.

"Do you think this would work?"

"We ought to try. And the DIG says their special sting team has been conducting such operations for some time. I will give him all this new information as well - then they can do something in the next few days. Hopefully, at least a few girls will be saved if they want to get out"

"Yes. Lavanya didi said she would plan to relocate away with her siblings so that Tony or his men cannot find her when they come back from jail."

"Hmm. You know Dad has a trust that runs a Women's NGO and a self-employment operation...something I don't know all the details...Mom used to..."Arnav paused, thinking of Ratna, then continued "...anyway...we can help those girls get there. They'll get a place to live...jobs...education...if they want."

"That's a great idea."Khushi beamed, then kept her hand on Arnav's. "Arnav...thank you..."

"It's nothing." he dismissed it. "Listen one more thing. I asked an investigator to locate Shyam." Khushi stiffened a bit hearing Shyam's name.

"Why?"

Arnav squeezed her hand to reassure her. "He deserves to be punished too Khushi. For what he did to you..."

"I don't want to ever see him Arnav."Khushi replied, agitated.

"I know. Listen, you think about it. I haven't gone to the police. I don't want you to relive the trauma either. I have just asked someone to find out where he is, that's it. We won't do anything you don't want. Sleep over it, ok." Arnav tried to reassure her, though Khushi turned pensive on being reminded of Shyam and everything he did.

"So...tell me, what did you and Payal do all day?" Arnav asked trying to change the mood.

"Just the usual. Listen I was thinking...maybe Payal can go back to Panchgani, to her school. It's almost the end of the academic year...exams are in less than two months. It would be hard to switch schools at this point in the year. You said you're going to put bodyguards near her anyway. I don't think Tony would bother her now and Payal knows to be careful of Shyam. Maybe it would be okay, just for these two months. Next year she can go somewhere else, closer to me. I will get a job."

"Hmm. I don't know Khushi. I don't like the idea of sending her far away, away from my eyes. Bodyguards would be there but I still don't feel good if there's a little bit of a risk." Arnav frowned and Khushi was amazed for a second at seeing Arnav's concern for Payal.

"But she has friends there and she likes the school a lot."

"Are you really comfortable with it?"

"Not really. But she wants it. And I think...the risk is less now. Besides, I am confident you will not let anything happen to her." Arnav looked at Khushi with a stunned expression at her expression of trust in him. She trusted him with the life of the person she loved more than anything else in the world?!?!

"Okay, if you think it's ok. But she's coming home every weekend."

"Home?"

"Home. Yes. Mumbai. My home. You are staying there too and she will come every Friday and leave on Monday until the term is over." Arnav spoke with brazen confidence, waiting for Khushi to push back on his idea of coming to his home with him.

She hadn't yet said anything, and he didn't want to give her the chance, if he could help it, to think of any other alternative than living with him in his home. Still, his heart was in his mouth as he waited for a response. What wouldn't he give to hear a yes from the woman who ruled his heart, his life!

Nigahon Mein Dekho Meri Jo Hai Bas Gaya
Woh Hai Milta Tumse Hubahu

"Okay" Khushi said after a few seconds, her mind more caught up in thinking about Payal than fully internalizing the import of Arnav's words. 

In any case, if Arnav wanted her to stay with him, she didn't want to say no to him anymore. Last night, she was vulnerable and she had practically invited him to stay with her. But he had respected her and understood her better than she did himself that if she slept with him, she would feel worse about herself and their relationship when she woke up. He hadn't rejected her, in fact in his own way he had made her feel more loved and more special than she ever had.

If there was ever any doubt about her feelings for Arnav, it went away the moment she realized that in the morning.

It was love.

She had indeed fallen in love with Arnav.

Probably a long time ago. But it had never felt as clear, as real and as within reach until this morning. Even if nothing could come out of it, it was still love.

Jane Teri Aankhen Thi
Ya Baatein Thi Wajah
Huye Tum Jo Dil Ki Arzooo
Tum Paas Ho Ke Bhi
Tum Aas Ho Ke Bhi
Ehsaaas Ho Ke Bhi
Apne Nahi

"And what was that about a job? You, mademoiselle, are going to write University exams in three months. All you're going to do from now is study" Arnav continued his bossy ways, trying to hide the fact that he was actually over the moon with Khushi's lack of protest at the idea of living with him!

"University exams?"

"Yep." He answered and then reached out within his briefcase to pull out a couple of forms for her.

"Third year Econ honours. The correspondence course has exams in three months. Just fill this form and give me."

"But I never completed second year."

"It's not necessary. Besides I looked at your books. You're mostly on third year material. And you're super smart, NerdQueen. So just study and ace the exams, and you would get a degree from Mumbai University. There's no difference between the regular college degree and this degree, but this way you don't waste a year trying to get admission in the college when the next term starts."

"Wow."

"Yep, wow it is. Get started. And start pack your stuff. We will go to Panchgani day after tomorrow, drop Payal and then go home to Mumbai."

"Day after? We can go tomorrow."

"Yeah. I need to get a few things done here. And I also want to make sure things are set up in Panchgani before Payal gets there. I still don't feel good about the idea of sending her there." Arnav made up an excuse. Actually the Panchgani part was true, but more importantly, he had made arrangements and was planning to propose Khushi the next day in the evening. A part of him felt uneasy about rushing it, but the rest of him couldn't stand the idea of delaying any longer and Payal's words and now Khushi's responses had given him a lot of confidence.

"Okay" she replied and gave a bright smile that melted his heart.

He wanted so much to tell Khushi how he really felt about her, but he wanted to do it right. He wanted to bring everything he had and offer it at her feet. He wanted to see her smile always just like she was smiling at that moment. And he really, really wanted to hold her in her arms, never ever to let go again.

"Okay, then!" he smiled, then lifted Khushi's hand upto his lips and kissed it softly. Okay, then!  

Kaise batayein kyun tujhko chahein

Yaara bata na payein

Baatein dilon ki zubaan aankhon ki

Kaise tujhe samjhayein

Tu jaane na

Edited by teekay - 9 years ago
sangeetadas thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Great update...I am so happy, everything is going so well for Khushi...she deserves all this. The kiss is so romantic...Edited by sangeetadas - 9 years ago
aayt thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
oh GOD things are getting better for them n the best part is khushi realized her feelings for him are true love
n they way she was obeying was adorable encouraging him to go ahead n confess
Pinky.Raizada thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Awesome Update, Khushi finally realized that she loves Arnav. Arnav is planning to propose to Khushi. Thanks for the PM.
sweety421 thumbnail
This was rilli beautiful update...
Itz so good to see them getting over the trauma and all the pain they suffered...
They both r healing each other... finally they laughed freely...
I love payal too. .. She was adorable in this part...
Arnav is planning a proposal fo Khushi. ...wow...
I hope she will say Yes...!!!!
Wonderful writing dear... Very beautiful... Waiting to read more...
nizahairu thumbnail
Lovely update
I hope nothing bad comes in prposing
Thanks for pm
brishti84 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
He's is gonna propose!!! Ah Teekay you've made me so happy. You get a big πŸ€—

The more I read about Arnav's thoughts and feelings for Khushi, the more I'm falling for him And his idea of the NGO and helping the girls to get established just hit the nail on the head. I'm a goner ❀️

I hope she says yes. She loves him. Even if she has any doubts I think Payal will help erase them. Afterall she has seen the love both have for each other.

Eagerly awaiting the next chapter...Edited by brishti84 - 9 years ago
Sonalikarhi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
great they are trying to move on..evrything is running fine between them ...now tony and shym should get the biggest punishmnt . arnav and khushi they share d most pure releatonship...arnav plz propose khushi fast ...they should b getting happiness in every form...sweet update ...