Arnav's absence pinches my heart. There. I said it. I hated to realize that he wasn't there at the door with his Lego-loving-mini-me-Mohan (LLMMM? Is that a good nickname?). It made my heart fall along with Khushi's, the pinch of oh, I want him here. And damn it, I don't like that pinch, so he better bring himself over quickly. Or I will drag him there myself.
I love how you touched on Khushi's insecurities. It doesn't feel like a plot device, or like you are trying to "bash it into our heads" (heh.). I love these little glimpses into the past, the peek that just draws me into her mind. It's such a natural flow, the way her reticence stems from her feeling that her parents abandoned her, and then Arnav, and then NK. Her discussion with Lavanya was so heart breaking, the acuteness of her feeling of loss (although, soul candy cracked me up). My heart tugs for her- she has been through so much, and I just wish I could pull her into a hug. I hope she takes Lavanya's advice. I want a second chance for her, dammit! Isn't life about the pursuit of happiness? It's written in our constitution, and I can't wait to see her stand up and fight for it. I know I'll have to wait- but I have faith in her.
Maya and Arnav- their friendship makes me feel so... gooey. Maya is a GIF for me, this constantly moving picture, like one of those blurry car driving by ones. I love her, for her love for her gentle giant. Her desire to see Arnav happy is just so... genuine. And I love Arnav's insecurities too, the fear that Maya notes in his eyes. The moment where she repeats his words back to him- I couldn't hold back a smile, Akka, albeit a misty smile :)
Regarding Meera. I have told you this so many times- you have an incredible, incredible talent in writing children. The overdramatic "never ever?!" (Heh. Heh.), the intrinsic curiosity, Meera noting that Mohan doesn't like it when she touches him and that learning moment- ah, I have been on Meera's side of it, and you portrayed the mini lightbulb so well. I just love her.
Also a side note, I love Lavanya as a friend- dost ho, toh aisa. Oh oh and kosher! I giggled.
Broken record hoon, but you brought it this chapter- it was done very well. It satisfies me so much to see this story come to life.
Any chance we can get the next update soon too? 😆
Love always,
Chutki :)
Edited by chotidesi - 11 years ago
2