Omg ... i'm shocked at rimi sen's comment

DeSi*KuRi* thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

guyz... i found this so i thought i'd share it with you:::

Glamsham.com interviewed Sen in July 2006 about her work in the movie Golmaal. In the interview Sen said, "I play a sweet and beautiful girl in the film. The best thing that I like about the film is that though it has four heroes, I am the only heroine. Rohit Shetty is amazing as a director. He can make even a black African look pretty."

• Ligali, an African British group, condemned her statements and said it showed "how normalized anti-African ideology is within Bollywood and its audiences. It would be unlikely that her racist comments will hinder her career or that of the journalist and media organisation that published this anti-African statement."
  • Jaspreet Pandohar, Bollywood film critic for BBC Movies Online, said that Sen's comments were "shameful but not entirely surprising. It not only reflects her ignorance of other cultures and belief that black people can't be naturally beautiful, but also illustrates India and Bollywood's long-running obsession with fair skin. The sad thing is Rimi probably doesn't even realise her comments can be construed as offensive and maybe sometimes even racist . It would be practically unheard of a British actor making these kinds of racist comments in the open and to the media. She's currently still in Indian Cinema."[2]

that is the hieght of ingorance!!!!!!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Yh tht is a bad comment to make
Fashion_2005 thumbnail
yeah this was posted last year and i didn't liked the comment. Who said Black African aren't pretty? 😕
Terenaina thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
she should've said, "Rohit Shetty can make me look pretty on screen, which is hard thing to do." 😆

anyways, her comment is racist. Some black girls are natural beauty but I think that's cuz they are mixed with some other race 😆Edited by veryuniquestyle - 16 years ago
Mommytobe thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
🤢 RIMI SEN.. where is she these days.. 😆 😆 karma 😆
damilola thumbnail

oh no she didnt

omg !!!!!!

if i ever meet her i wil kick her a$$
who said black africans arent preety
we are u twat rimi

i find dat offensive as an african person 😕

Edited by damilola - 16 years ago
JonasBros_me<3 thumbnail
wat kind of person wud say tht. waitt! i no rimi sen. thts prolly y no one likes her. n i cant disagree! 😊
angels_eyes thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
omg how rude of her how can she even make that comment
nitu07 thumbnail
that was such a rude comment 🤢
sabrinaa. thumbnail
i think shes full of herself no offence to anyone..because she said this and earlier she said " u have to be born an actor..and im one of them" im not sure but she said something like that..and plus she even said " i like the fact im the only girl" haha thats because no one will notice her if there are other heroines..anywayz, thanks for sharing and i dont mean to be rude!!!!

- cici
Edited by Sabrinaa xo - 16 years ago