Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

chotidesi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 9 years ago
Hmph Di. πŸ˜‘ πŸ˜†

Your opening paragraphs often end up being my favorites. You (almost) always begin with a little... thoughtful monologue, of sorts, with its own little topic. It kind of reminds me of John Oliver's monologues! But... more poetic. 

I like these little monologues, because (uff. Broken record again, but) you make me feel the feeling you're talking about. And in this case, I can feel Arnav's impatience as my own. It's your talent. And I can't help but point it out, every time. 

Heheh. I love your sense of humor! I end up having this little snort that turns into a full fledged giggle. The moment when Nani admonishes Arnav for calling him GD πŸ˜† I just really love that moment- it's oddly endearing, very real, and... that one little exchange shows so much about the relationship between Nani and Arnav. Arnav's embarrassment about talking about Khushi- I guess no one ever really loses that little bit of shyness when it comes to a new-maybe-sort-of-relationship. 

Photo frames! Holds a little piece of my heart :) Again- the mother-daughter relationships are... truly heart-tugging. They make my heart swell a little. You know how much I love motifs- there's waiting again, and you endear yourself to me just a little bit more. 

Oh, oh- the scene between Arnav and Meera. This one was just... heart-wrenching, whereas the other one was heart tugging. Or maybe, it has a little bit of both. Meera has... a maturity, but yet, you somehow give her that innocence of a child, the... naivete. She's so real, and I just... when she cries, remembering her Appa, it makes me cry. It truly, truly does- that scene has very special importance to me, hits a little too close to home. 

You make my eyes brim with tears and then... you make me smile: "In that moment, Arnav Singh Raizada fell completely and irrevocably in love with Meera"

I guess that means... he can't leave the little girl who's taken a piece of his heart, can he? 

Love always,
G :) 
Edited by chotidesi - 9 years ago
Arshi67 thumbnail
Res :)

You've brought out the sense of incipience in both of them so beautifully. The dawning of a tiny kernel of wondering hope, the restless want to reach out even while hesitating. 

"When you've flown miles and miles across oceans and time, what's a little traffic?" Arnav's determination evident yet again in this statement. And his hope there in the "I wish".

The ambience you create for each and every scene, the sounds, the tiny details you mention, all bring it to life so vividly. I loved the way you wrote of the sounds of a city waking up. Along with Khushi, it brought back so many memories for me :)

Arnav and Meera, the way she gravitates towards him, the way she trusts him, the way he responds to that innocent trust, all so profoundly moving. 

I never thought I'd say this, but Khushi can have Arnav, I want Meera! 

Lines from this song sprang to mind Mirabell, capturing Arnav and Khushi's feelings I thought ... Kyun hawa aaj yun ga rahi hain - Veer Zaara

Ek Din Jab Savere Savere, Surmayi Se Andher Ki Chaadar Hata Ke
Ek Parbat Ke Takiye Se, Sooraj Ne Sar Jo Uthaaya, Toh Dekha
Dil Ki Vaadi Mein Chaahat Ka Mausam Hai
Aur Yaadon Ki Daaliyon Par
Anginat Beete Lamhon Ki Kaliyaan Mahekne Lagi Hain
Ankahi Ansuni Aarzoo, Aadhi Soyi Huwi Aadhi Jaagi Huwi
Aankhein Malte Huwe Dekhti Hai, Laher Dar Laher
Mauj Dar Mauj, Behti Huwi Zindagi
Jaise Har Ek Pal Nayi Hai, Aur Phir Bhi Wahi, Haan, Wahi Zindagi
Jiske Daaman Mein Ek Mohabbat Bhi Hai, Koyi Hasrat Bhi Hai
Paas Aana Bhi Hai, Door Jaana Bhi Hai, Aur Ye Ehsaas Hai
Waqt Jharne Sa Behta Huwa, Jaa Raha Hai, Ye Kehta Huwa
Dil Ki Waadi Mein Chaahat Ka Mausam Hai
Aur Yaadon Ki Daaliyon Par
Anginat Beete Lamhon Ki Kaliyaan Mahekne Lagi Hain 

Edited by Arshi67 - 9 years ago
ManKiBaath thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
res
Yes Mira, glacier it is. A glacier that gushes water, green the mountains and valleys, rebuilds our dreams, rekindles our imagination, and offer us a landscape that never tires the view. When you have so much going for you, I think the slower pace is more of a feature than a liability.  As long as you don't change a thing, nothing else matters.  

Getting back to the story, the opening statements that I was missing in the last few chapters, are back in all their glory. Loved every word of that. 

The nani talk reminded me of my own grandma's talk and it is kind of ironic that you can never get too old to talk to old people especially with the ones who added wisdom to their resume along with their age. Manorama's family moment goes to show that no matter how busy and bustling the pace around us, there is always time for a family hug. 

Khushi's childhood seems to be so varied from Meera's. Khushi's questions about her childhood and Meera's questions about the nuances of adulthood make a very interesting comparison. Meera for me was the highlight of this chapter and she seems to be the bridge that is connecting Arnav and Khushi. I really hope that they stop strolling at the opposite ends of the bridge and start walking towards each other soon.     

I really enjoyed the texts and they are finally getting a little more personal and I am glad to know that like the last word bug connects us to something in past. The texts are making Khushi's heart race but I am sure that a heart never misses a beat without a reason.       

I like your realistic depiction of Khushi's viewpoint of Meera and Arnav relationship. A child always has the most honest outlook and I am sure with Meera's smarts, it will be only be a matter of time before she bonds that relationship with that new guy in her life.

An awesome update overall and as always eagerly waiting for the next.
Edited by bhavali4RR - 9 years ago
canapoem thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
MB, another super update. Its like a broken record technique now for me, you give us these amazing updates every week and then I come back telling you how awesome, super, amazing it was.
I am loving this Arnav more and more after every update.

Waiting for something to happen which is beyond one's control is always tough. 

Every ping or every ring on his phone, reminds him of someone who has either not texted or not called yet. If you are eagerly waiting for someone to enter your life, whatever age you are, it does not matter much as you ultimately behave like a love sick teenager. πŸ˜†

Seeing Arnav's desperation surely proves my above theory.

So Arnav has a sister too. Where is she now??

I agree with Naani, Meera and Mohan just seems perfect!!!!

Every time Arnav's name or something related to him pops up, Khushi gets all jittery. And frankly I love this jittery Khushi. 

I love this Meera, cute yet mature for her age. Very understanding kid yet vulnerable like kids of her age, caring and friendly. 

When you've flown miles and miles across oceans and time, what's a little traffic?

Again this Arnav blew me away with his words. 

I love the way you have penned down Khushi's emotions. Eager to meet Arnav yet scared to even think of that possibility, shocked and surprised to see the closeness between her daughter and him yet not sure whether its good or not. Her mind is a big soup of confusion!!!!

The bond Arnav made with Meera today -  I dont even know how to express my emotions  here. 
In one moment Meera became someone very close to Arnav's heart, he became her parent and she his child. I sincerely wish that this bonding only grows with time.

MB, now I hope this week passes quickly so that by next weekend we get another update from you soon.

Edited by canapoem - 9 years ago
inamajar thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Beautiful, while you have brought so much melancholy in this update - true that the last few has brought so much of tears from Khushi's past. 

Meera such a sweetheart. So much maturity for her age but so much of ache on loosing her father which she has obviously not vocalized. She has found a friend in ASR, whom she can share her sorrow with, since she does not want her Mom or Patti to feel sad with her Questions.

You have brought out so many emotions in this update for all involved and Khushi is in logger heads seeing  Meera's bonding with ASR.  Love that the elder ladies who are in synch, understanding the situation surrounding Arnav & Khushi (even though no one knows about their past). 

Nani does not know the whole situation but she has understood and her thought  is in the right direction.The three elder ladies wanting Arnav & Khushi to find happiness in their life  takes precedence along with taking in  Meera's emotions. 

Maya, wow she is a true friend. Mohan still a Mystery to unravel, probably when he meets Meera & Khushi we will know about him. 

Edited by inamajar - 9 years ago
meera30 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 7
Someone once told me they didn't know what to say about something I had written. I cannot tell you how much I wondered about that. And yet today after this update I can say nothing at all. I cannot marvel the beauty of your language and the errant symphony that your words are. I can't comment on you ability to write both adults and children with such clever observation and perfected detail. I cannot begin to compliment you on your ability to weave hope and faith into the fabric of the story. I really cannot say anything because none of my words will do you justice.

You are a natural story teller my friend. And every chapter I read just makes me so glad that you decided to share your story with me!
segad thumbnail
i love the pace, the story telling, the emotions everything about this story
bravo!
kushikumari thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

[HIDDEN CONTENT]
The content of this post has been Hidden by User.
manusmithcl thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Firstly ,I appreciate your punctuality in updating. .thank you very much for that.
Secondly,  its much a real life love story. Exceptional diction of emotions..Love the understanding between khushi and manorama, budding trust between arnav and meera..Excellent chapter
sakhter90 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Another beautiful update! Absolutely loving the bonding between Arnav and meera. Meera is craving for a male figure since her dad is no more.