Siddhi_ thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

In Tune, At Last

Sunil Pal's departure has made Antakshari a far happier experience for co-anchor Himani Kapoor
Back to Section Stories Posted On Thursday, April 19, 2007
Mail this Article Print this Article Rate this Article

Subhash K Jha

Sunil pal, Karan Oberoi with Himani

Sunil Pal's departure from Zee's Antakshari has left the singer-turned-anchor much relieved. According to sources Sunil was no pal to Himani. Says a channel source, "Sunil had major ego issues with Himani from Day 1. He couldn't tolerate the fact that Himani, being a singer had been far more active as an achor on Antakshari. Sunil is basically a comic talent. He was brought in for the laughs. He couldn't tolerate Himani taking centrestage."

Says Himani, "I don't now what Sunil's problem was. But he had been telling everybody that he had to leave Antakshari because of me. When I  asked him to explain, he  told  me to forget it…That's exactly what I've done ever since Karan Oberoi  came in to partner me in Sunil's place. I'm finally having fun on the show. No more tension. And because Karan is a singer I'm finally having fun singing duets for the contestants. Karan has me in splits. He's very entertaining both off and on camera."