Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

1chilly thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
No worries Radhika!
I too am married to a drama queen(who has spent the weekend in bed because his leg is hurting)πŸ˜†
So I understand your pain. πŸ˜†
Will be working patiently for the chapter. 
Japonica thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: YellowBoots

Hey folks, I am working on the next chapter and I will probably be posting late tonight. As usual I got caught up with stuff. This time I have an excuse beyond laziness. My ten-month-old son and the twenty-seven-year old boy I am married to both had a spot of ill health the last couple of days, so been busy playing nurse.

My little boy is strong and has rallied, the older one continues to be a drama queen. 

Anyway, I will see you next when I am done with this chapter πŸ˜†

Ha ha! Oh dear it is always the case that the bigger the babies the bigger the fuss pots they are!πŸ˜† Well take care of yourself and update when you are ready.
Edited by Japonica - 9 years ago
Hrithiksmile thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
WONDERFUL MINDBLOWING UPDATE PLZ PM ME WHENEVER U UPDATE
Anamika100 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: YellowBoots

Hey folks, I am working on the next chapter and I will probably be posting late tonight. As usual I got caught up with stuff. This time I have an excuse beyond laziness. My ten-month-old son and the twenty-seven-year old boy I am married to both had a spot of ill health the last couple of days, so been busy playing nurse.

My little boy is strong and has rallied, the older one continues to be a drama queen. 

Anyway, I will see you next when I am done with this chapter πŸ˜†

Hope both your babies feel better soon.  I hope this has not delayed your vacation plans and you get your well deserved breakπŸ˜†.  Take care.
kbtr thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Hope all's OK with the homefront?
YellowBoots thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Engager 3 Thumbnail + 6

Chapter 6: Pyaar Ka Tohfa

Khushi was walking along somewhat aimlessly around the state emporiums in Connaught Place when she heard her phone ring. By the time she got her hand out of the pullover's sleeves that she had squeezed them into and reached for the phone inside her bag, it stopped ringing. She checked the call log to realise that it said, Gomati Sadan, the house where her parents stayed, it was Maa who was trying to reach her. This immediately made her think of the worst. Something was wrong. What could be wrong? Maa and Baba were a creature of habit and that they had a designated day and time for their phone calls - Wednesday nights and Sunday mornings. Wednesday because it was mid-week and so it was a good choice of the day of the week and Sunday so that they could speak to Aarav as well. Of course, by they she meant just Maa. Baba no longer spoke to her over the phone. Which was to say, Baba no longer spoke to her. Usually when Maa made some kind of unscheduled phone call it was to say that some extended member of their family had passed away. Or a tragedy of some sort had befallen the Gupta brethren, many of whose existence she did not even know of until such phone calls. But occasionally tragedies would hit closer to home and those were the ones that bothered her. Perhaps Baba's BP had shot up again, or Maa's back ache had returned, or maybe Baba was making losses in the catering business, or something worse had happened. She stopped in front of the India Coffee House and dialled Maa and Baba's number. As always, Maa would pick it up almost at the tail-end of the call. 

"Maa, jaldi utha nahin sakti thi phone ko?"

"Khushi?"

"Aur kaun?"

"Bua aayi huyi hai, toh baatein kar rahe the, phone suniya hi nahi diya. Bahut dheere bajta hai. Tum yahan aati toh theekh kar deti."

"Aa jaaoongi, Maa."

"Kab?"

"Jald hi. Acha batao phone kyun kiya? Sab theekh toh hai?"

"Haan. Tu bata, wahan sab theekh toh hai?"

Things were not particularly theek, but mother and daughter preferred not to burden the other with problems both small and big.

"Theekh hai. Phone kyun kiya?"

"Kal budhvaar tha, aur tu ne phone nahi kiya."

Of course, that was it. She had missed her scheduled Wednesday appointment because of Lavanya's Sangeet. This was a rare occurrence and naturally Maa was worried.

"Maine kahan tha na, woh Lavanya, New-Ons.. New Horizons walli ki shaadi hai, kal sangeet par gayi thi. Usne bahut baar kaha toh main mana nahin kar paayi. Abhi bhi uske shaadi ke liye gift khareedne Connaught Place aayi hoon."

"Acha. Kya lena walli ho?"

"Pata nahin, Maa. Invitation mein bataya hai, no gifts, please."

When Khushi saw that on Lavanya's wedding invite, she had been confused. This demand for no gifts was both a blessing and disguise. She had been out of touch with Lavanya for too long now to know what she liked and what would she possibly like as a wedding gift. And not to mention how she was always hard pressed for cash most of the times. And yet, how could she not give her a little token at least to celebrate one of the important milestones of her friend's life. In the last few years, she had bought presents for Preeto and Aakash, both of whom were the kind who were relatively easy to please. Though Preeto was very judgemental about a lot of things and people, but whatever Khushi bought her was accepted with a squeal and a hug. Aakash, she was sure did not even unwrap the presents she got for him and accepted whatever was sent his way gratefully. But Khushi reckoned that Lavanya would be a bigger challenge, which is why she was trawling the state emporiums, that had tasteful items albeit a tad overpriced.

"Phir kyun de rahi ho? Waise bhi, un sabko humaare diye huye tohfe ka kya kaam. Kaun, kaun aaya sangeet pe? Woh... Raizada aaya ki nahi?"

Trust Maa to not waste her time by beating around the bush. That was the crux of most of her problems as her mother saw it - Raizada.

"Nahin Maa, woh nahin tha. School se bas Aakash, Veena aur Karthik the."

"Achi baat hai. Kya pehnogi shaadi pe? Mera laal walla Banarasi wahi hain, pehan lena."

Khushi valiantly tried to protest that her mother's Banarasi was probably too dressy for the friend of the bride, but there was no denying the hold that mothers in general had over the lives over their daughters, no matter how much distance separated them and she agreed. After some chatter about how they no longer made Banrasis like they used to, on which Khushi honestly did not have an opinion, they came to the topic that always caused some awkwardness. Khushi began, "Baba.."

"Theekh hai. Abhi kaam se bahar gaye hai. Kal aa jayenge, iss ravivaar unse baat kar lena."

This was usually one among the handful of stock responses that Maa had on the subject of Baba. He was always not in vicinity during their bi-weekly calls. It couldn't possibly be a never-ending coincidence, could it?

"Tumhaare saare dost settle ho rahe hai. Preeto ma ban ne walli hai. Lavanya shaadi kar rahi hai.."

"Acha Maa, abhi phone mein charge kam hai. Baad mein baat karti hoon."

She did not mean to cut off her mother, but once a month or so this business of how she was not settled would come up. Perhaps because they had let this issue fester, it would blow up in not particularly appropriate ways and cause some altercation between mother and daughter. Now was neither the time or place for it. Khushi was a few hours away from turning twenty-seven, and for a lot of people she knew, her family and community included, she was past that age where she was likely to get a good suitor. Soon after she turned twenty-three her parents and especially her Bua had passed the word around that she was available in the marriage market. A reluctant Khushi had accompanied Preeto and got a few photographs of hers taken at Madanjees Bridal Studio. Legend was that every potential bride of Chandni Chowk got her profile pictures clicked here. Not grooms. Brides were his area of expertise. When he handed over the photographs after processing, he did so by putting them inside an envelope with a red bandini border and a few flakes of yellowed rice. He also broke a coconut on behalf of the bride's family to apparently expedite the groom hunting process. The first person who was given a copy of her two photographs; one full-length and the other a close-up was Akshay Sharma, whose family lived one street away. When Khushi had pointed out that this was the same boy whom Khushi had spent between the ages of three to twenty-two calling Akshay Bhaiya, her parents had dismissed it. Fortunately or otherwise, Akshay Bhaiya who was now managing the family's shop of buttons and beads had turned down her because his family favoured an alliance with the daughter of Tripathis who owned a threads and yarns store. Buttons and threads were a better fit than buttons and mithais. If Maa and Baba had not been as disappointed as they were, Khushi would have been amused. This pattern continued until the Tewari fiasco and the resultant scandal meant that Khushi was off the arranged marriage market. Something good came of it after all, Khushi thought. 

Twenty seven and not close to being settled, she thought. No, that was not her story. Twenty seven and a messed up life that she was hopeful of fixing some day. That was her story. She deserved to treat herself to some Sambhar Vada, Upma and Filter Coffee, she thought to herself as she walked into India Coffee House.

Arnav was in a meeting with Niti Sarkar who seemed far more amiable in person than over the phone. She agreed that the modifications that Raizada Designs had made on her original one were minor and if anything improved her design. The fact that the accountant at Raizada Designs had handed over her payment cheque as soon as she walked in, had probably softened Niti, Arnav thought wryly. He had got a couple of calls while he was in the meeting with Niti and had ignored them, but when he saw the caller id on his phone for this latest one, he could not ignore. It said Baig Sir, his sports coach and mentor from New-Ons, someone whom Arnav had a ton of affection and love for.

"Excuse me, I need to take this," he had told Niti, even as NK looked at his cousin curiously.

Arnav stepped out of the conference room before he spoke.

"Hello, Sir. What a pleasant surprise to hear from you. How are you?"

"I am good Arnav. You know, among all my students with whom I was close to, you are the only one who never visits me."

Arnav mumbled an apology. He had kept himself away from most of the New-Ons alumni meets or other kinds of opportunities when the old students went back to their Alma Mater. He had no particular agenda behind this, just that he had got too caught up with trying to make something of his life. He did speak with Baig Sir occasionally, who would invite him each year for Iftari, that he ended up having to skip. Baig Sir didn't take this to heart and would be just as enthusiastic when he invited him the year after. Arnav felt guilty about this and made a mental note to visit him soon.

"Sorry, Sir. I should have made time for you. How are you, Sir? How are things at New-Ons?"

"All is well. I have called you to request for a small help."

"Yes, sir. Anything."

"So, I am setting up a Sports Academy for only track and field. I want to especially make this as a training ground for athletes who do not have much financial support, so you know, not students of New Horizons. Any help that you can do, financially or with your time will be appreciated. Of course, I don't want you to feel obligated. You may yourself call me back after thinking about it."

"Of course, I will be happy to help, Sir. Time I can give over the weekends, but money surely I will be able to. I will come and meet you next week, Sir."

"Badiya! Come home, there will be chai and pakoras."

"Sure, sir. Do you still stay in Daryaganj?"

"Same house. Nothing has changed. That Lavanya Kashyap was your batch, right? She is getting married tomorrow... I am not sure."

"Yes, Sir. Same batch. So, great, I will see you at the wedding."

"Oh that is wonderful. Did you see that her invite says, no presents, please. What does that mean?"

"I haven't even seen the invite sir. I think, it means that you don't need to bring presents, That is all."

"Par apni bachi ki shaadi par tohfa toh banta hai."

"You can do what you want, Sir."

After hanging up, a smiling Arnav walked back into the conference room. Niti was nowhere to be seen and NK had put up his feet on the table playing a game of Circle Pong on his phone with utmost seriousness and throwing expletives at his phone while he did this.

"Why are you smiling so much?"

"Where is Niti?"

"After you left, we were chatting and I discovered she had a boyfriend. So after that I stopped paying attention to whatever it is that she was saying. So she has either gone back to Bombay or she has gone to the rest room."

Arnav shook his head at his cousin. It was hard to tell if NK meant this as a joke or if he was being serious. But it was good to have someone like him around, both for professional reasons as well as personal. Professionally he was good at his work, albeit prone to getting distracted. And personally he was a straightforward sort, with an even temper and mostly good-humoured.

"Typical, NK."

"So, why were you smiling? Who called? Khushi? Don't cheat on Payal Bhabhi."

"Are you drunk, NK?"

"No. Are you drunk? Is that why you were smiling? Also why did you leave The Clan group on Whtasapp?"

"The Clan group is basically you and Anjali Di posting inappropriate stuff and all kinds of banalities. No thanks."

"You are a snob. Must be the Delhi public school thingie. No wonder poor Khushi wants to have nothing to do with you guys."

"May I know why you are so obsessed with Khushi?"

"It is our family thing, don't you know?"

"Really?"

"Yes. She saved Chachu's life, who was fond of her. Chachi got her thrown out of college. She has Friendzoned Aakash for life. I am pursuing her. You want to hire her as the caterer for your wedding. Di has decided that this girl will be her new project. And Jun Jeeju wants to protect the girl from all of us."

"I am leaving. I need to pick something for Lavanya's wedding."

"Oh yeah. That is today.. tomorrow.. or day after.. I have no idea what date it is today."

"The wedding is tomorrow, which is 19th December."

"Oh my god! Tomorrow is 19th December? It is her birthday!"

"Umm. Yeah. Wait. How did you know that it was Khushi's birthday?"

"What? Tomorrow is my mom's birthday. But wait, it is Khushi's birthday too? We are so meant to be."

"Okay. I had better go and see what I can get for Lavanya."

"Get something for Khushi Bhabhi too. Yours, not mine," Arnav heard his cousin say as he walked out of the conference room. But that is not what the main thought in his head was. Of all the people and all their birth dates, was it weird that Khushi's was one of the few that he actually remembered?

"What do you mean Vinay Ram Singh is refusing to release the money," Samir Singh asked his Man Friday Raghu Singhal. He was back in Delhi for a couple of days before he took the road on the campaign trail yet again. The Aligrah rally was underwhelming, with not enough crowds showing up and poor media coverage. The INP candidate in Aligarh was up against Deenanath Singh, who was a one-time dacoit but who had since mended his ways. He was a beloved leader, especially among the poorer section for he had the reputation of being Robin Hoodesque, the thief who robbed the rich for the greater common good. Samir Singh had gotten a somewhat hostile text message from the party spokesperson saying that he needed to ensure that the Aligarh-like episode did not recur. He wished that Payal could have been persuaded to bring Arnav along, that would have helped his cause considerably because of his grandfather. But Payal was stubborn about not getting Arnav involved, it looked like she was having cold feet. He should have listened to his wife Archana, when she suggested that Payal should marry Prashant and Minu Sabharwal's son Aman. And now Raghu Singhal was throwing another spanner in the works with the Vinay Ram Singh googly. Vinay Ram was an important ally of the party and controlled not only the wealth of his brother of the famous AnandRams, he also had a stronghold in the Chandni Chowk and Old Delhi area. Raghu stood there, with his usual stoic expression, which Samir Singh found both comforting and annoying in equal measure.

"What seems to be the problem with Vinay this time?"

"Saab, he says that INP is not doing enough for him. That Chandni Chowk land matter for his brother is not yet sorted."

"You mean that AnandRams?"

"Ji Saab."

"But he has has opened a three-floored AnandRams in Chandni Chowk. Madam and I went there for the inauguration just last week."

"I know Saab. But he wants to open a fine-dining restaurant there. There are eighteen small shops in the patch of land he needs to build parking. All those shops are more than hundred years old. They are not willing to sell."

"All eighteen?"

"Four have almost agreed. Six say that they will sell if all the others do. And eight are absolutely unwilling."

"Has Vinay frozen the accounts?"

"Yes, Saab."

"I want you to collect information about all these shops. Especially those eight who are resisting. Who are they? How old? What caste? Any known political affiliations. Everything. Samjhe? Apna koi acha aadmi ko is kaam pe lagana. Samjhe?"

"Main personally karoonga Saab. Ab Vinay ji ko kya bole?"

"Phone lagao, baat karta hoon. Yeh saari jaankaari teen-chaar din mein lana. Theekh hai."

"Ji. Kaam ho jaayega."

"Arnav, where are you?"

Arnav was shopping for Lavanya's present when Payal called him. He was at a vintage store, but everything he saw seemed like an overkill, trying too hard. If he remembered Lavanya right, she was a pretty unpretentious sort. Maybe the hipster-haven that was Hauz Khas Village, was not the right choice. He should have gone to the Emporiums at Connaught Place.

"I am at HKV, need to attend Lavanya's wedding tomorrow and buy her a present for a no-presents-please event. Ideas?"

"Wow! So you got an invite? Not bad, Raizada. Thank God, I am not thin-skinned, else I would be sobbing by now."

"You don't need to. This was an invite from the Kashyaps to the Raizadas. So, I am just representing the clan."

"Speaking of which NK has invited me to a Whatsapp group called The Clan. Can I decline? What is acceptable behaviour of a soon-to-be-bahu."

"I left the group. So, I am not the best person to advise on it."

"Ah. Then, alright. What are you getting Lavanya? I barely remember that girl actually."

"I don't know. But everything here seems awful. Where are you anyway? And why did you call?"

"Oh, I had gone to my college today. Joseph's to try and fix the possibility of dad doing a talk there."

"Leave the young people alone."

"Surely you know the old adage, catch em young.. anyway, I go to college and guess who I see there?"

"I don't know. An old friend? An old prof? An ex boyfriend?"

"Old part is right. Aman Sabharwal."

"Aman? He is in India? Wow! That is weird."

"It gets weirder. Or not. I am not sure."

"Can you get to the punchline quickly, please?"

"I wondered what Aman Sabharwal was doing at Jospeh's. Turns out he had come in search of another old.. umm.. friend.. of ours - Khushi Kumari Gupta."

"I don't undretsand."

"Apparently Khushi is the Sports Coach at St Joseph's. But college is shut now, so she was not around."

"What?"

"I know right? The girl sure gets around. I don't believe I am saying this, but I almost have a begrudging respect for her now."

"Khushi must be doing something right if Payal Samir Singh respects her."

"Haha. By the way, my middle name is not Samir even though dad is Samir Singh. You know that, right?"

"I didn't know that."

"My middle name is Angad, the paternal grandfather's name. Should we be worried that we are marrying soon and know painful little about each other."

"Middle names are altogether unnecessary."

"You are right. Anyway, I got to go now. Enjoy the wedding tomorrow. Will see you this weekend."

That was a whole lot to process, Arnav thought, after Payal hung up. So, Aman was in town and had not got in touch with him yet. They were best friends since nursery and it had come down to this now? Maybe he was not likeable. Which is why Lavanya did not invite him for her wedding. Aman didn't want to speak to him. Other than Payal, he did not have any noteworthy relationship with any of the New-On-Ites today. 

And Khushi was working at Joseph's. This did make him feel relieved. At least that meant that his family had not completely destroyed her life as he had imagined. Rather, she had picked up the pieces of her life as best as she could. It meant that she was more likely to forgive him if he showed that he was sincere about it. Khushi did not need saving, as he had always high-handedly imagined. This was better.

Begrudging respect it was. Not begrudging though. And perhaps there was something more than respect. Maybe. Or not.

Anjali came out of her Ashtanga Yoga class when she saw Anita Chawla, who was lurking around near the reception. Anita Chawla had been a long-time neighbour of the Raizadas, but Anjali preferred avoiding all the friends of her mother because they asked her all kinds of things and faithfully reported it back to her mother. This was never very good for anybody, especially not her.

"Anjali Beta, you are glowing these days. Looking very nice."

Anjali snorted, not loudly though. You are glowing these days' usually was shorthand for, are you making babies, you really must make babies, what is wrong with you being married forever and still no babies.

"Thanks, Aunty. How are Uncle and Juhi?"

"Everyone is first class."

By now her mind was on an overdrive, what possible reason could Anita Chawla have to befriend her. Anjali had been coming to this Yoga Centre for the last ten months and not once had the woman shown any friendly overtures. Did she want some sort of favour from Poonam Raizada and was hoping that Anjali would be able to help her. Poor lady was already in for a disappointment. 

"So, all well with you? How is your husband? Arindam Basu, right?"

Of course, total short in the dark, but a very likely Bengali sounding name that she could have been married to.

"He is fine, Aunty," she decided not to correct the lady. This was possibly the closest that she had come to having a fling outside her marriage.

"First class, first class," Anita Chawla said, evidently that was her catchphrase, "Toh beta, I was wondering, if you don't mind, is Aakash Maliik single?"

Aha. That was it. Aakash and Juhi, sitting on a tree.. that was the plan.  If her memory served her right, Juhi was a nice girl, pretty smart even, but Anita Chawla was a bit sketchy. Just like most of her mother's kitty party friends. And her mother herself, she thought. What the heck, she would totally play matchmaker. But there was Khushi to consider, who was ahead of the pack on her potential sisters-in-law list. Maybe this is the nudge that Aakash would need to confront his feelings about Khushi.

"I think so, Aunty.. but you can't tell. We are close, but I am sure he doesn't tell me everything."

"Of course, Beta. I was just curious, someone was asking me about it and coincidentally I saw you today."

Yeah sure, she thought, that is why you were being shady and lurking around, waiting for me to get out of class. Obviously she couldn't say that and smiled instead.

"Beta, how long have you been married? Isn't it time to have a baby. Don't delay it? Doesn't Arindam's family say anything?"

Groan. No, she did not like Anita Chawla or any other human who shared her DNA. Khushi had better come through. She could not handle so many strange sisters-in-law.

"Bahut achi lag rahi ho," Renu Bhabhi said, as Khushi adjusted the pallu of her mother's red Banarasi. The sari was older than her, but it still looked very beautiful. The meena work zari in the border was a dull gold, which actually made the overall ensemble not seem garish at all. She tied her hair into a lose braid and wore small gold boondi earrings that Baba had bought for her on her eighteenth birthday. Maa had probably forgotten that it was her birthday today and hadn't called her. Nobody had. Renu Bhabhi was too new and too much of a stranger still to know about significant dates in her life. Four years ago, just around the time of the Tewari & Sons shop coming to Garima, Renu Gupta had showed up at their door with a six-year-old boy called Aarav claiming to be the wife of her runaway brother Shyam. Renu's story had seemed incredulous to both Baba and her, but Maa, robbed off her son, took both of them in. But over the next few months, it did become clear that Renu was in fact the wife of her brother and Khushi accepted her. Baba had by this time begun to distance himself from the family and never got around to accepting Renu or Aarav. Khushi was not particularly close to Renu Bhabhi, but they had developed an uneasy kinship over the last couple of years, seeing that they only had each other. 

Faisal Bhaii showed up then with boxes of motichoor ladoo that she had to deliver on the way before she went for the wedding. The ladoos for Anjali Bose had started a chain. First Anita Chawla. Then through her, Anubha Munjal and through her Priya Verma. Khushi was probably a tad overdressed to play delivery girl, but she took a shawl and pulled it around herself. That would do fine, she thought as she looked at her refection in the mirror. She picked up the three boxes of mithai and balanced the present she had bought on top of it. She had bought a small brass Ganesha piece from the Uttar Pradesh emporium. She briefly flirted with the idea of something from Rajasthan or Madhya Pradesh, but eventually she chose to stay true to her roots.

I am twenty seven today and nobody cares, she thought, which is okay, for I don't care either.

"Are you going for Lavanya's wedding? Beta, Lavanya se humaare taraf se excuse kar lena. Dad and I have to be at the Ministry's lunch today."

"It is okay, mom," Aakash assured his mother. He knew that Lavanya wouldn't care about such things. But it would be Lavanya's parents who would be disappointed. They after all would like his father, who was an important man in the Delhi bureaucrat circle to show up for their daughter's wedding. That is how weddings operated, especially Delhi weddings. 

"Acha I thought there were going to be no presents, the invite said that. But you are giving her something, is it?"

Trust a mom to notice something of that sort. Nothing escaped them. Poonam Maami, Anjali Di, his mum, Payal, all the women in his family were pretty formidable.

"It is Khushi's birthday today, mom. So got something for her."

"Oh. I really like the girl."

Aakash noticed the emphasis on really, but he chose to ignore. Mom's knew everything, but they also had the ability to only see what they wanted to.

Arnav had just about entered Dhaula Kuan, close to Lavanya's wedding venue when his phone rang. It was NK. Arnav would have ignored it, but NK was meeting one of their fashion show model coordinators that day and perhaps there was something important that he needed to discuss. He pulled his car to the side and called his cousin.

"NK, you were trying to reach me?"

"What did you buy for Lavanya?"

"A gramophone?"

"A what?"

"A gramophone?"

"Seriously?"

"Yes. What is wrong with a gramophone?"

"Everything. Is Lavanya at least a hipster?"

"Nope."

"You are officially the worst buyer of gifts then."

"Is that why you called? I am driving, I thought it was something important because you were meeting Marc now."

"Nope. That meeting got rescheduled for Monday."

"Oh."

"Yeah. What did you buy for Khushi?"

"I.. nothing. Got to go now. I am already running late."

As he drove into the venue, he patted the envelope in his pocket. He was not a great believer in birthdays and their specialness, but the universe was giving him an opportunity to make new beginnings and he was going to take it.

NEXT

Edited by YellowBoots - 9 years ago
YellowBoots thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Engager 3 Thumbnail + 6
NOTE: This story will be on a hiatus for the next couple of weeks as I head on a short vacation, and a trip back home starting tomorrow evening. I absolutely will be back with an update on 12th January 2015, which will be a continuation of the current chapter. A lot of you are going to be pretty mad after reading my newest chapter But, I am sorry that I HAD to write it and set the context before the whole gang met and rabba veys happened between all the right people. I ask for forgiveness in the spirt of the holidays and what not πŸ˜›

Here is wishing you all a wonderful New Year. Love and Light.
Edited by YellowBoots - 9 years ago
Rasgulla_sp thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Update pichle page par hai toh yeh post kya hai? My sleepy head is wondering...

You scared me with the note there but the update wasn't anything that would make me mad at you. I really need to sleep as I start with my vacation tomorrow. I will unres and let you know

Unresd here: 118181773 
Edited by Rasgulla_sp - 9 years ago
Arshi67 thumbnail
Those moments just before an eagerly awaited update ... When you know it's imminent ... When it has a name ... When there's a small hint of what's coming ...
jduke thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Radhika,

Every update poses more and more questions and now I have multiple question books  πŸ˜•. What is Tiwari scandal that put Kushi off of arranged marriage prospect? What is this tiff between Kushi and Sashi? All Raizadas are so much in good / bad spell with Kushi. Why is Aman lookin for Kushi?. Is he also in Kushi spell list ?

Seriously Gramophone????cracked me up πŸ˜†. Poor Kushi not even her mom remembers her birthday?. Guess she is in for big surprise when Arnav and Akash wish her. What is in the envelope now? Catering contract / apology and friends again greeting card / simple birthday card?

After reading your note I am thinking what is going to fall on Kushi's ill fate now? πŸ˜‘

Enjoy your vacation and wish you a very happy new year too. 

Edited by jduke - 9 years ago