Views

Users

Frequent Posters

JJKKL thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago
Rithu,

I liked how Paro came down and Rudra looked on
I liked his questions to her. Quite Rudra like.
Loved that he gave her his Rudraksh
Eagerly waiting to know where he is taking her πŸ˜†

-Disenchanted- thumbnail

Originally posted by: JJKKL

<font size="3" color="#000099">Rithu,

I liked how Paro came down and Rudra looked on
I liked his questions to her. Quite Rudra like.
Loved that he gave her his Rudraksh
Eagerly waiting to know where he is taking her πŸ˜†</font>

Thank you. Glad you liked it.
This Rudraksh is actually his which she gave it a long time back. She was holding on to his until she lost it a few days back.
I'll be posting the next part now.
-Disenchanted- thumbnail
Chapter 47

Paro recognized the empty ground where he parked the jeep. It was the ground where the Shivratri mela was held less than a year ago. Her aunt and uncle had also arrived. "What's going on, Major Ranavat?" her uncle asked. The young man smiled and pointed in the dark. Suddenly lights twinkled and in sight was a small mantap decorated with flowers. There was a pandit seated near the sacred fire waiting for the bride to arrive. Paro looked at Rudra who held her hands gently, "Paro you know that all this rituals though sacred to you, don't matter much to me. You know how my parents and married following every custom and tradition possible infront of all of Rajasthan. But in the end she choose to walk away breaking after everything. What I realised is if two people don't want to spend their lives no power or promise will hold them together. So today, I want to make this one promise to you, the only one that matters." He pulled her a little closer and whispered in her ear, "Mein tu hamesha". She beamed a lovely smile back to him but before she could respond, he was walking away after kissing her fingers lightly. She then saw Maithili jeeja bringing a bridal lehenga choli. She hugged her with tears of joy in her eyes. The day was finally here when she would become Rudra's forever. Maithili pulled out of the embrace and placed the dupatta on her head, "This time I don't want any hesitation on Rudra bhaisa's bride's face. I want to see the happiness with which she is bringing to their lives." She saw Sunheri waiting with garlands. Bapusa was smiling with his brother. She saw Shanti sleeping on her grandmother's lap. Samrat bhaisa was holding out a sherwani for Rudra.

Paro was overwhelmed as she realised how thoughtful the man she loved was. He had made sure to include all the elements of a wedding that mattered to her. She had seen during their fake wedding how tortured he was at each function and knew she wasn't the only reason for his pain. Her uncle took her hand gently and asked, "Beta, do you remember when we first met at the hospital? I had promised you that I would personally take you to your home once the investigation is over but that can't happen anymore." She nodded, "It's ok Maasa. You have done so much more than that. You have given me a home and a place in your family. I couldn't ask for more," she replied. "Thank you for saying this. But there is something I would like to ask of you. This would mean a lot to Geethu too," he paused as his wife nodded in agreement. Paro looked on curiously. "Beta, can we give you away? Would you let us perform the Kanyadhan?" Paro jumped with joy right into her arms as her aunt asked her this. The girl who felt all alone and helpless the last time she was here, felt complete. She had wonderful parents now who were happy to guide her as she entered the next stage in her life.

Geethanjali helped her quickly change into the lovely peach embroidered lehenga with green zardosi border that was handed over to her. "Rudra will be speechless to see you," she commented to the blushing bride. She wondered whether Rudra will turn up in white. As much as she loved him in his uniform, she wanted her Rudra in white. There was always something calming about that color on him. She sighed these were just insignificant details which really didn't matter when she was marrying the man she loved surrounded by all the people she cared most about. There was nothing more she wanted in that moment expect, "Aman bhaisa. Where is he? I don't want him to miss this." The general sighed, he hated to disappoint her, "Since Rudra and I are both here, Aman must be heading the interrogation." But before Paro's smile turned into a frown, another jeep appeared in the scene. Her brother had arrived. "Sorry, I'm late," he shouted to the groom who went to change. He looked at his sister who looked lovelier than all the roses she was fond of. "Parvati, I know as your brother I should be giving you gifts in gold and silver on your wedding day. But the one thing I know you will cherish is this," he held up to her a small rose sapling. "Rudra Sir's home doesn't have a rose garden and I know how you love to see roses all around you. So I'm giving you this, a peace of your paradise from Geethanjali ma'am's garden." Paro was touched by the gesture, roses had become so important to her. Sunheri came up to the bridal party and asked "Bhabhisa, if I had known that you love roses so much, we could have added more of them in the decorations and the garlands." Paro blushed as her aunt replied for her how the flower had many layers just like Rudra. Sunheri laughed at the idea of anyone comparing her brother to a rose. "Anyway Maasa wanted you to wear these jewels for the ceremony. She had them made specially for this occasion" she said handing over a jewellery box. Paro opened the it and was surprised to see a diamond necklace with matching earrings. She looked over at Mohini who smiled back at her. She remembered how she was taunted by her when they first met and how no opportunity was spared to rid her from Rudra's life. Even she had wanted the same thing then. They had both come a long way. "See your friend has also come to attend your wedding" Sunheri interrupted her thoughts, pointing towards a butterfly. Paro smiled to see her old friend flutter by, "Rukmini, it's so nice to see you on my wedding day." She tried to catch her but the butterfly flew away. Her eyes followed her friend's flight until it landed on him standing near the mantap. He was dressed in a pristine white sherwani and looked like the moon had come down to wed her. Rudra, her protector, her friend, her lover and from this day forward her husband, she blushed at that thought.

He felt her glance as he bent down to receive his father's blessing. He wanted another look at his blushing bride but this moment was important to his father. Dilsher placed a white bejewelled turban on his son's head holding back his tears. "What's wrong Ranavat? I thought you wanted to see me with a sehra and all" he teased. Dilsher smiled at him, "You are getting married son, soon you will have children of your own. Don't you think its time to call me Father?" Rudra remembered Paro tell him previously, that she wanted two sons just like Bholenath. And he wanted a daughter who was the exact copy of his lovely bride. He had come a long way from the Jallad who never knew what family meant. All because of her, his Paro. He took his place as he watched her come join him near the sacred fire. His face glowed with pride as he exchanged garlands with his radiant bride. Her heart overflowed with joy as her uncle and aunt performed Kanyadhan. He knew how much it meant family meant to her and now she had two, hers and his. He realised family was starting to panic , especially his aunt who was arguing with her husband. "Samrat, it's my wedding. My boss and his wife are here. Why is Kakisa so hassled?" he asked his cousin who was sitting right behind him. His cousin replied that she had sent Sumer on a special errand and their father is upset that he is not back yet. He wondered what was so important right now when the pandit asked for the Mangalsutr. Mohini stepped forward and asked if they could wait for sometime. Everyone wondered what the hold up was when she explained that they had to wait for her son, Sumer. "Mohini, I think you are confused whose wedding is it," Dilsher teased. His words just earned him a glare from her. Rudra just shook his head and dialled his number. They all heard the song, Nagada Sang Dhol, boom as they saw the man in question rush in with a jewellery box. He handed it over to his cousin who opened it with wonder. He looked up at his aunt surprised, she smiled. "You didn't know whom to give this to. But I had to fulfil my mother-in-law's wish and make sure it reaches the butterfly-like bride whom you will bring home," she said caressing his hair. He gave her a smile as he took the Mangalsutr affixed with his grandmother's butterfly pendant. His bride closed her eyes as he filled her maang with sindoor hearing the words from her past, Parvati Rudra Pratap Ranavat. Mohini tied his Stole to her Chunni binding them together as husband and wife. The couple walked around the sacred fire as they made promises for this life and beyond.

With the first step, we will provide for and support each other.
With the second step, we will develop mental, physical & spiritual strength.
With the third step, we will share the worldly possessions.
With the fourth step, we will acquire knowledge, happiness and peace.
With the fifth step, we will raise strong and virtuous children.
With the sixth step, we will enjoy the fruits of all seasons.
With the seventh step, we will always remain friends and cherish each other.

Across the sands there was another man thinking of his wedding day. Every dream his bride had, he fulfilled. Every wish, he granted. Every frown, he replaced with a smile. He gave her every happiness and proved to her that life was beautiful. He did everything he could to erase the scars of her past. Unfortunately, it made her think that her past wasn't important, her son can be forgotten. And now when the castle walls that protected his queen from all things that caused her grief crumbled in front of his eyes, the only thing she was left with was regret. Regret for the son she left behind. He could hear her wails from the cell across the hall. Her heart wanted her son back and like always he would give her what he wants. If she is the only thing left in the world that is still his, he would make sure that she is still happy being his Thakurainsa. He knew what he had to do. "Listen, I want to talk to Ranavat," he called out to the constable guarding his cell.

He saw his son carry his bride to their room and smiled. The storm that ravaged his young life had finally blown over. He shut his eyes as he felt a soft breeze, as if the winds of change was blowing through the Haveli. "Bhaisa, it's been a long night. Aren't you retiring to bed?" his brother asked. He shook his head. Sleep wouldn't come easily, not after the tidings Sumer had brought. His son had arrested his former wife who was now in headquarters along with her current husband. "It's over bhaisa. She is in jail and Rudra is not affected by it. He is choosing to look forward to his life with his Parvati. Mala won't bother any of us anymore," Mohini told the brothers firmly. Dilsher wondered aloud what was then in store for the young couple. She smiled and told them, "Can't you feel things changing. There is nothing but happiness and clear blue skies in store for them."

DISCLAIMER : The beautiful words for the seven words were taken from the site Hindu wedding ceremony.

Edited by rithureuben - 9 years ago
-Disenchanted- thumbnail
Author's Note

Like all fairytales we grew up with the brave warrior won his battle and the heart of a fair maiden. There will be new enemies to fight, new challenges to overcome, but that is for another time. Now he will ride of into the sunset with his beloved.

I started writing this because I refused to believe that a lovely woman who stayed strong inspite of all the forces that tried to break her spirit them apart could meet a tragic end. She deserved a lifetime of happiness with a man who was ready to make her dreams come true. In the process I made a peace with the show which I continued to watch for the lead actors knowing that Paro will be with her Rudra forever at least in my story. It was a wonderful experience to rewind the clock and write it the way I wanted to see Rudra and Paro slowly realise their love. Paro got a chance at a family of her own in the general's home, a career in Geethanjali's NGO. Maithili and Samrat got their baby and Sumer got to go after his Jaipur dream. Rudra and Aman managed to finally capture Tejawat and bring his crimes to an end with a little help. Nandini and the other brides were not lost and measures were taken to bring them home. And now Aman has a bride waiting for him too.

For a person from a non-literary background writing her first story, I wouldn't have managed to tell my story without your support, dear readers. I thank you from the bottom of my heart. I can't clearly express how much it means to me when I see the number of likes after each update. I usually have to re-read the update after reading your comments just to see if it actually deserves your words. It makes it all worthwhile.

I know there are so many things left in the story like Parud's honeymoon, Nandini's baby, Aman's wedding, Sumer and Sunheri's future along with the awesome threesome Dilsher-Danveer-Mohini and the trials they face. I thought about writing a short sequel to cover that. I'll start that fanfic around New Year's.

Until then, it's been a pleasure interacting with each and everyone of you. And I look forward to the days that come.
-Rithu

tinamehta thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
What a beautiful chapter and a wonderful ending. I wish this was how Rudra and Paro's story ended. Main tu hamesha. Loved her lehenga. Glad you added the picture and gave us a visual treat. So happy everyone was there :) Looks like there is something going to brew between Mala and Ranawat. Is there going to be a part 2? Will there be an epilogue? I want to know if Paro had 2 sons and Rudra the daughter he wanted. And thank you for such a beautiful ending.
prabha.abha thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Beautiful dear. I liked it so much missing them a lot 
KhushiParo thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Rithu,
   I don't have any words to properly express how happy and emotional I'm from the time I read the story.
This collage is just to show my craziness for your storyπŸ˜ƒ

Excellent choice of Mandap, the necklace, the turban.
The butterfly pendant was awesome... I like when the writers don't miss small details like this.😳
Paro the angel dressed up in golden attire ... golden not only outside but also inside
White for Rudra just as Paro wished... reflects his peace with family, Dilsher and most importantly his heart at peace.

Just like Paro I became emotional when Mr&Mrs.V.K offered for kanyadaan... the feeling 'll be too overwhelming I can totally relate to that as my bro and bhabhi did my kanyadaan.😊
You didn't miss any one Aman bro and blue Titli as usual showing Paro her destiny... so touching.
Rithu you ended the story with happy note and I agree with every line you wrote in your author note. 
Paro suffered a lot and she deserved a happy ending.

How I wish RR ended like this but now I'm sure whenever I feel low and missing RR I'll read this last chapter.
From the bottom of my heart Thank you!
I'll look forward for next...

Edited by KhushiParo - 9 years ago
deepsel thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Oh my my ...Rithu I can't express how happy and excited right now after reading this chapter...

You definitely saved the best for the last gal...My heartfelt thanks for this beautiful chapter first of allπŸ‘πŸ‘..

So many emotions are jumping inside me right now , that am at loss of words where to start..

Thank you so much for taking my wish and incorporating here with your version of "Main Tu Hamesha"..these words sounds beautiful in every version...

Loved how you brought all family members with an unique duty of fulfilling my angel's dream wedding..

I was literally in tears when I saw "Mr and Mrs Singh" came forward for her Kanyadhaan..I donno why I got so emotional on that part that even now feeling teary eyed while typing this..Maybe am so overwhelmed to see Paro getting the much deserved respect and love in your version which was denied cruelly in the original..

Loved all the beautiful wedding attires..both are indeed looking gorgeous and dashing..in my imagination😳..

Loved Aman's thoughtful gesture..how sweet of him..a Rose garden for our Laal Pari..and u brought back my Rukmini Titli too for my Pari...

And my tractorwala dil really took my dil today...my cutiepie brought the most important aspect of marriage...Mangalsutra..and am just overwhelmed with Mohini's gesture...She is indeed the power pillar on that haveli...and that Titli addition shows your master brilliance Rithu πŸ‘πŸ‘...

These seven vows will keep me happy for seven lives that this is my PARUD happy ending which ended with their blissful marriage...

Today I can't be angry on Teju and Mala too coz she is the reason for Rudra and he is the reason for Paro to be Rudra's paro..am just too happy right now..ignoring all other things...

So happy to see Dilsher feeling content with his son's new happy family which is starting with his own family (Dhannu and Mohini) standing beside him...

I donno what I have written so far..but I couldn't stop writing..Am just too emotional and happy at the same time that you fulfilled my wish to see PARUD happy union with all blessings especially with Loving and Caring Rudra and my Respected Paro...the way they both deserve each other...

And  for the lovely invitation

Lastly 

.You have given me an ending which I will cherish in my heart till RR resides in it..and that is forever...

PS:

You are an awesome writer Rithu πŸ‘πŸΌ though it is coming from another non-literate member..I meant it..

Edited by deepsel - 9 years ago
seeta_naips thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Finally they are married 

Good times are ahead

By chance are you doing an epilogue

Wish you write more PaRud stories, I for one love reading them
Edited by seeta_naips - 9 years ago
anisa79 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Cant believe its over! loved the whole ff and their relationship,cant wait for the sequel!!