Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ShahSAIR thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
its ok.. Bs aapke inlaws chaley jaaye cosister k ghr thn update dena... Hope ghr ki pooja hogayi hai waha.. Tk cr
lovedrops thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Pyar Ka Intezaar ( Waiting For Love )

Chapter Forty Three : Friends Forever

*************************************************************************************
*************************************************************************************

Lavanya who came to AR to meet Khushi, spotted NK at the elevator who was heading to meet Arnav. She followed her husband and when she was entering the lobby, she heard him uttering "Watch out Rashi". Her heart stopped beating, hearing that name after many years from his mouth.

She took more steps heavily towards the voice she heard and stood there all bemused when NK asked Khushi, "How are you Khushi". She was not surprised that NK recognized her, but she was surprised seeing his comfortability with her.

But whatever she heard after that, shocked her making her mind numb. Every word came out of her husband felt like a slap to her. Every answer he gave for Khushi, every revelation he made surprised her.

Until now she thought that NK forgot Rashi so easily because of her. She didn't hear Rashi's name from his mouth even once in all these years. He didn't say to her anything about his wish to bring Arnav and Khushi together.

She now understood why he used to warn her everytime she brought the topic of Sheetal, why sometimes he used to just sit and think by counting stars, why sometimes he used to take a pause before calling her name. She never thought that he was controlling himself to not say Rashi's name by mistake.

Every deep breath her husband took when Khushi confronting him, every clench of his fist when he was talking about Rashi, every sigh he made while he was explaining everything, made her realize that she was living in completely unreality.

NK didn't move on as she thought. He didn't forget about Rashi as she thought. He didn't forget about the promise he gave to Rashi as she thought. He didn't let go of his pain as she thought. He didn't trust her at all as she thought.

That thought made her realize how failure she is as a wife. How failure she is as a friend. How failure she is as a person.

When Lavanya heard Arnav calling Khushi, the apologetic looks NK and Khushi exchanged made her feel like she doesn't belong in their lives. She felt like she forced herself into their lives. Of course NK tried very hard to fit her in their lives, but she failed to keep that place.

Although NK didn't love her, he tried very hard to work their forced marriage. Although Arnav didn't forgive her, he gave her a chance to change with the trust he had on NK. Although they don't like her presence near them, they gave a chance to her to show her rectitude.

Nevertheless, she couldn't use any of these chances. She realized how stupid she was to not not able to use the multiple chances she got to make her life better.

It's not her husband's mistake. It's not her husband's mistake. It's completely her's. But by the time she realized, everything slipped out of her hands.

After looking at perplexed NK for long time, she pivoted to exit from the building, to exit from the lives of the sterling people whom she troubled so much, to exit from the illusion she was living until now.

She took each and every step, in search of finding the light of reality. In search of finding probity in herself.

***********************************************************************************

By the time Khushi leaving the conference room, NK entered to meet Arnav. She immediately left the room but not before giving an apologetic glance at NK and an entreaty look at Arnav.

NK stood at a fair distance from Arnav unable to anticipate his reaction after seeing him. He gulped down the lump in his throat and after gathering the courage to speak, he called him, "Arnie".

After Khushi left, Arnav went back to his previous position by tucking his hands in his pockets. He turned back when he heard NK calling him dubiously. Without answering him, Arnav just kept looking at NK blankly and with unblinking eyes.

NK was surprised by looking at his nonchalant behaviour. He thought he will just pounce at him and will shoot number of questions for which he doesn't have any answers.  But here Arnav is not at all speaking anything. On top of that, his blank look is confusing him more.

They both stood without speaking anything for few minutes thinking what to speak to each other. Finally NK broke the silence and tried to say something, "Arnie, I ...".

"Shut up, NK"... Arnav shut him off rudely.

After NK stopped talking, Arnav continued, "Just shut up. Don't dare to say anything. If you talk anything now, I may react in a way which you may not appreciate".

NK took his step back and said, "I can understand Arnie. Whatever Lavanya did, it's very wrong. I apologize you on behalf of her.."

Arnav sprinted towards NK and slapped him hard on his cheek, which made him hiss with pain.

NK looked at Arnav all bemused. He thought he will react wild, but he didn't expect him react violently. But he stood silent thinking he deserves this for letting Lavanya interfere in their lives.

When NK was not reacting for his slap, Arnav grabbed his collar with his one hand and then pulled him towards him fiercely and said, "What do you think of yourself NK. When will you learn to keep yourself out of my life. I tried to push you away so many times. But still why you are only thinking about me. Don't you have your own life. Don't you have your own wishes".

NK silently lowered his head unable to understand why he is talking all this and sighed hard before he speaks, "I know how much you are hurt Arnie. I knew that you wanted to tell Khushi about Rashi all by yourselves. But Lavanya ruined everything. I know how broken you both might feeling right now. I am so sorry...".

Arnav interrupted him again, "I said shut up NK. Who needs your damn apologies".

NK couldn't speak anything more. He realized that Arnav cannot get normal so easily. His anger is clearly saying that he is deeply hurt by what happened. After few minutes, he decided something and held Arnav's hand which held his collar and said, "Arnie, I can understand your anger towards me. I completely deserve your hatred Arnie".

Arnav immediately left NK's collar and turned back by raking his hair with his fingers frustratingly. "Why you didn't tell me before NK"? Then he turned back facing NK again and yelled, "Why dammittt? Why you became so selfish"?

NK still couldn't understand what Arnav is asking. Until now he was thinking that he is going wild because of the last night incident. But the way he is reacting now is completely giving him wrong vibes.

To clear his confusion NK took a step forward towards Arnav and asked, "What are you talking about. You are scaring me Arnie".

Arnav instantly sprinted towards NK and hugged him tight. It surprised NK. The rigid body he felt in his arms told him everything. The next minute NK understood that Arnav heard everything he spoke with Khushi.

Arnav pulled back and said, "I thought you both are just kidding when you said about Khushi and me that day. But what you did, Why... NK Why"? NK questioned.

"Arnie, Rashi always dreamt about you getting married with Khushi. She told me many times to ask you about that. I brought that topic to know about your plans on the day I proposed her. But when you said you will marry Khushi, you won't believe how happy Rashi  felt".

Both of them teared up remembering that day. "Rashi before leaving her last breath, she took my promise to  bring you together and I did what she wished for. I loved her Arnav. I will do anything to fulfill her wish. But I was scared to tell you about this Arnie. You are not in the state to think about your marriage to tell you about Khushi. So, I did what I have to do. Now it is up to you both Arnie to make Rashi's soul rest in peace".

NK suggested closing his eyes while uttering Rashi's name. Today he uttered her name many times after many years.

After fathoming why NK did all this, he questioned, "NK, how about Lavanya. Does she know about all this".

"No, I didn't want to take any chances with her Arnie. But frankly, I was about to say her. I thought of revealing everything to her if she come up with Sheetals's proposal to me again. But before that, the circumstances led all of us here". NK clarified.

"But you know what Arnie. As a matter of fact, I am very thankful to Lavanya and her stupidity this time. I always thought that we are making a big mistake by keeping Khushi dark. Now she made us open all our secrets to Khushi".

He took a pause and continued after giving a look at the exit door of the conference room. "I am so happy for you both Arnie. I know Khushi will never misunderstand you after knowing you. Anyone who knows you and who could see through you can never lose you Arnie. You have that magic in you. You are may be an arrogant person to the world. But only we can see the beautiful heart inside you. Just come out of your insecurities once and see the light Arnie and I believe I don't have to tell you what you have to do next". NK concluded.

Arnav took a second to understand what NK is saying. That made him to realize that, Rashi took NK's promise before leaving her last breath. Means, she wanted them to be together even after she knew he did the accident. That means Rashi forgave him for what he did.

Arnav instantaneously felt his heart light. He felt like a huge weight is taken off from his shoulders. He felt like the guilt he is suffering till now is taken off from him. He felt like he is completely a new person. He felt like now he is absolutely worthy of Khushi.

Coming out of his musings, Arnav said, "You know NK, so many times I wondered why I couldn't shut you off from my life. Many times I thought, what I am seeing is not true, there is something hidden in you which I don't know. I used to feel, NK I knew is not whom I am seeing. I am absolutely right NK. I knew my friend. I knew that he never let me down.

Arnav smiled and continued, "I don't want to insult you by saying a simple thanks for what you did NK. You gave me life, not a gift to thank you. You gave me my future, not an endowment to thank you".

NK smiled back in content seeing his old Arnie back. It's been so long since he saw that smile on his friend's face. Later they both started to catch up many things they didn't share all these years.

After an hour later when NK got ready to leave with a wide grin on his face, they heard a knock on the door.

*********************************************************************************

Khushi entered the conference room incertitudely after Arnav answered her knock. Since she left this room, she was thinking about Arnav. By the time she left him, he is not in right frame. She was worried for him. She couldn't stop herself to come to see him to make sure he is ok. But she was completely flummoxed after seeing both the boys grinning like college boys.

Instantly her lips formed into a shape of beautiful smile. She loved seeing him smile with his eyes. She loved seeing him smile with his heart. Next minute she knew that he is not the same Arnav anymore. He looks different. Completely different. He has a new glow on his visage. His guilt free eyes are shining like stars. His lips are smiling with grace.

She walked towards Arnav taking slow steps. Everything around her became invisible. She forgot that there is another person in the room. She forgot that they are in AR office. She forgot everything. All that she is seeing is him and her alone in the middle of nowhere.

After taking few slow steps, her desperate heartbeat pushed her to run towards him. She instantly picked up into jog and reached him in a snap.

Before she does anything in that moment, NK silently found his way out but not before giving a naughty wink at Arnav.

After reaching Arnav she adorned his neck with her hands and hugged him tight. After hugging him for a long minute she pulled back and moved her lips close to his smiling lips to capture that smile forever with her lips.

When her lips are at a hair width distance, Arnav stopped her by jerking her. Khushi came back to sentient when he interrupted her. After realizing what she tried to do, she turned back to leave the room with embarrassment for losing her control.

But Arnav stopped her from running away from him by holding her right hand wrist and pulled her towards him. Her back collided his muscled chest with much force making her close her eyes for the sudden contact.

Her breath started to slow down and her heart beat started to speed up at the same time, when his fingers reached her bare waist. He glided his palm towards her navel and stopped by pressing firmly on her belly button. Thousand volts current passed through her for the contact of his torturing touch.

He bent down and pressed his lips on her neck. Her hairs on her nape tingled her for the wetness she felt on her neck.

He moved his lips towards her cheeks and blew some warm air on her cheek. Her slow breath suddenly stopped for the warm breeze she felt on her skin.

Later he slowly moved his lips towards her ears and tugged her earlobe gently making her gulp down imaginary lumps in her throat.

Then she heard him whisper in her ear in his huskiest voice ever, "Khushi, I have something to take care of before coming home. Arrange our dinner at poolside with candles today. Wear something white, just like I saw you first time. Make sure to put moon to shame. I want him to feel jealous of me tonight. I wish you will mesmerize me Khushi".

Phew!... How is it? I hope you all like it. Please press like if you like it. Comments are always welcome. 

Thank you so much for each and every one who commented and liked the previous update. Your words always make me smile. 

And thak you so much for all the readers who are reading my story silently without leaving me. You are really darlings. 

Thank you so much for waiting patiently for the update. 

I want to let you know that Right after posting this update I am going out of town for few days. Next update also will take time for me to update. Thanks in advance for understanding.

jduke thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Finally misunderstandings are cleared between NK & Arnav and best friends are together once again.

NK &  Lavanya relationship needs lot of work from both sides. NK never moved on from Rashi and Lavanya never knew real NK. I guess they had physical relationship or didn't they?. They both need time and self check for their relationship to work if there is one. 

Waiting for Arnav & Kushi moon light dinner on pool side and some cozy romance. 

Edited by jduke - 9 years ago
Srilathalolla thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Nice update. I am glad that the friends are again back. 
canapoem thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
K, nice update.
What can I write about Lavanya. Her life is a mess!!!! She needs to find herself first before doing anything further. She always pushed her way into NK, Rashi and Arnav's gang and when she saw that Rashi wants Arnav to marry her sister, she knew that she had no place inbetween them and she sided with Shyam.

One thing is sure, its high time Lavanya has to understand that "Love and respect cannot be forcibly got but it has to be earned". Even if she says she has changed now, it would be difficult for them to trust her again. I wonder what she will do next.πŸ˜•

NK, wow now I know why he slapped Lavanya on that night when he came to know that La was the one who tried to poison Khushi's mind. If Khushi had taken an adverse step in her relationship with Arnav, then all of NK's efforts over the  years would have gone down the drain so would have Rash's last wish.

One good thing that came out from all of these is that NK and Arnav became close buddies like earlier times. And Rashi surely respected and cared for Arnav a lot and knew that he will always take care of her sister. Otherwise her dying wish would not have been to see them together.

So glad things are finally falling in place. 

Is Arnav going to propose to Khushi tonight???😳

What will happen to Lavanya and Nk's relationship???
Edited by canapoem - 9 years ago
aayt thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
finely things are falling on place
nice job
sushan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Great as always I love the last lines put moon to shame
Rimi_BS thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
loved it a lot...nice to see arnav-nk like old times...
kaprasin thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Nice update Kiran. Felt v.happy to see the friendship of NK and arnav again. V.happy for them. But what is NK doing with his life. He married lavanya for the sake of his friend and lavanya married due to guilt. Both are not true to each other and just living for namesake as husband and wife. It's high time they decide about their life and future.  What is the surprise for khushi? Is arnav going to propose her? Just waiting for you to continue. You sure stop always in the wrong place Kiran.😊Edited by kaprasin - 9 years ago
Pinky.Raizada thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
OK. i admit i was wrong about Arnav...Sorry. Next chapter lo malla romance start avuthundi...can't wait for that akka. β˜ΊοΈEdited by Pinky.Raizada - 9 years ago