Blast from the Past Thread #27 ** 'Finding Nai, the Barber' Break ** - Page 46

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 9 years ago
^ wow...me deadwa.    ufff, thanks for sharing di.  ๐Ÿค—Pass on my thanks to Sarah too.
indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
^^^

he he i'll tell her... but tell me why is this man so lethal? and why can't i make gifs.

i need that in my signature somewhere aaa.
Edited by indi52 - 9 years ago
indi52 thumbnail
some killers from sarah... she found them here and there... credit to all upoloaders.

this was of course the black shirtsleeves day... and maybe it's time to do a vm just on these kind of scenes. zoha had done one, no idea if it's still around.

.Brooke. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: indi52

^^^

he he i'll tell her... but tell me why is this man so lethal? and why can't i make gifs.

i need that in my signature somewhere aaa.

@ Sawal ager khud jawab ho to sawal,sawal nahi rehta(from Silsila)

cr ou

Lethal yeah 
Indi di you sweetly shared those gifs here and welcome to Kate and blasters for enjoying them too ๐Ÿค—

Edited by .Brooke. - 9 years ago
indi52 thumbnail
^^^

another killer... lovely silsila quote, sarah.
BarunDiwani thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

in pink... er um... maybe? subconsciously? who knows... there had been a lot of throb and thrill between the too nainital onward... fairy lights, dust in eye, rangoli, candle, saree, diya falling, now payal, stalking through the evening, almost kiss... in between she had figured out why she could not say yes to shyam...perhaps in some unknown corner of her a desire to be loved back? and the lavanya issue was never brought in... even without the questioning... where was the la equation? nowhere. achhi ladkis do no wrong, they never ponder their actions, then trp aunties might run away... the introspection was always asr's. even here. cineraria and i just chatted about the la thing. i can quite understand attraction such as theirs overstepping limits society sets... would have been great if she thought about la and felt a little discomfort or something...

he he... run, sir... see you soon. and we shall never know anyway, it's all just our own responses to a particular stimulus... worked for me, didn't work for you... both chalega.

jumping in...very quickly...

Indu, luv that question...i wanted to jump in when i believe Bhavi mentioned La in the whole diwali kiss part...I asked myself many times and so frustrated on my first watch...but i didnt know of IF at the time so had to vent to my selft๐Ÿ˜†

The Diwali almost kiss is one thing...that was a moment where i can justify to myself with  "caught in the moment"  but what rreally gets me  is that all the monologues she had with her DM after she started to develop feeling for this man and she must feel his longin for her at some level, which very evident in the epi she comes to return the key. ...not even once does she say "what about La ji?"  or feel bad for La. With ASR atleast that one scene where he realized "what am i doing" and he breaks up with her...this goes to show he didn't realize just what he was doing. but with Khushi who is supposed to be a bherry bhery good girl, no shade or grey...it was harder to digest.

now had they developed La properly, i would hv been made a bigger deal. countless times they show her upset with the effect chamkili has on her guy...yet other times they show her sending khushi to his room to get him to help with something or "what are doing ASR! Go help khushi out of the candle maze"...what the! me being very ppossessive types...would do send my man to rescue someone i feel he has chemistry with...sorry...not.doing. that. 

I wish La was played be a more talented actress, who could have handled a bit more and maybe the character could hv been explored more rather than used for convenience.

indi52 thumbnail
^^^

i seem to be one of the very few who liked sana as la...

and you know, ami, the way i view her is that she is at heart not a very threatened sort, she would in fact do that... send him to help khushi or whatever even though she has noticed a few things. way back i was touched by her paying for a pizza without too much fuss. la is nasty and yet capable of being strong and nice... she always felt real and doable to me.

maybe i don't make sense, and sometimes i feel beacuse i liked that curious vulnerability sana khan exuded with her tall, slightly hunched frame, and la's eagreness to do anything to please a man she has lots of feelings for may have coloured my take... don't know.

la was always real to me. when she was vicious, when she was trying to woo her man, when she was slimy, when she was sweet and when she understood suddenly and clearly, it's over. that's la i used to think. in a way, i could even understand why a man like asr would find such a girl attractive. something was innocent in her and strong.

as to khushi's never mentioning la, i chatted with cineraria somewhere... part of that weird handling of female leads, the "good" girl on tv i guess. well, the really good part of any girl would have admitted a certain discomfort with the situation, exactly as you say, because she knows what she's feeling and because the man is taken and also la considered her to be a good friend. never ever did khushi ponder that. the writers and makers decided we would be so desperate to see asr and khushi together, none of us would ask ourselves nor let it mar the trp... that is what happened.

and what is more, as we have chatted before... it was khushi in a self righteous fit that persuaded la about marriage, imposing her ideas on la and also lectured asr about morality.

maybe because of these many gaps in the character of khushi, after a point, i found a certain disconnect with her, whereas the supposed bad guy, the arrogant asr seemed to be a man of conscience to me... and so too in her own way la a girl with a straight mind.

why la? what made khushi hide the truth of shyam? i still don't get it. i don't even know what she was doing on the terrace for so long that night? why the long drawn out talk? and based on what she again did not tell asr.

everything is hidden under the cover of good girl, innocent girl, etc., but what is not right, no matter what you say, is not right.

a certain lack of sensitivity in khushi's character if you ask me. the fabulous fight of 295/6. yes, asr behaved terribly... while in a very bad situation. khushi has every right to be mad at him, to show passive aggression, to stop talking to him, to withdraw into herself... even to threaten to leave maybe... but isn't she the girl who gave that fabulous lecture on marriage to him? and isn't she the girl who loves him? doesn't she understand his state when he saw his sister ready to abort her baby herself? be angry by all means... he has hurt you... and that mentioning of shyam, at one level unpardonable... but you'll leave home? on that very night? what does all this say of her character? and where is the sanctity of marriage then that she upheld? so one fight and you leave?

should i go on?

oh what she did to him on the night he planned sr.

you know, this mahanta and martyrdom has become such a bad pair of shades to look through at reality. fudges it every time. i prefer his stylish expensive aviators.

Edited by indi52 - 9 years ago
Crazy4IPK thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

sarah sent this to me and since it completely stopped my breathing, i thought i'd pass on the benefit to all my friends.

thanks to Sarah, this is killer, lethal for sure. I have a huge collection of ASR's gifs.
I know how to make gifs. But if you want to make good quality gif you have to buy the package. You can make them more attractive through photoshop.
I prefer to use ready made gifs than making. Firstly it's time consuming and secondly I don't have money to pay every months for the package. I'm too poor you know. ASR se shadi ho jaye to saab kaar loongi.๐Ÿ˜‰

I agree with Ami about Sana. Comparing to Barun, Sanaya Sana's acting was a bit flat. sometimes I felt she couldn't give proper expression. Sana is a pretty girl, her dark skin and tall figure gives her a chic look, But why Sana, if Katrina would've played La, I wouldn't liked her. I'm too possessive about Arnav and Khushi. I can't see any other girl beside Arnav except Khushi. 
I also agree with Ami that La's character also was written carelessly. Can you imagine an educated girl, who raised in London, wanted to cut the hard shell coconut with a butter knife! It's not a rocket science, just simple common sense. ASR's GF was so dumb! How was that possible. I also didn't get why ASR brought La in the house?  whenever La wanted to get close to him, he avoided her, not even let her to kiss him. after several months it seemed that La was ASR's allergy. He even couldn't tolerate her in front of him. before Khushi's entry ASR looked amiable with La. But as long as Khushi entered, ASR not even looked at her, in front of her he used to stare at Khushi.  La was so blind that couldn't see it?impossible!

As you said, Khushi never mentioned La, then I have to say it's not right. During the time of Diwali, both Arnav and Khsuhi remained in a different world. they became irrational for some times. If you meant Khushi never  mentioned La, after she left then I can remind you, Khushi attempted to suicide because she thought Arnav still love La, then how can you say she never talked about La. Or it's not easy for a girl to talk about their husband's ex. even any broad minded girl doesn't like to do so. 

some credit goes to me and the maker.
Ajke liye itnai kafi. I don't want to be blamed for the reason of your death.๐Ÿ˜‰

.Brooke. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

^^^

and you know, ami, the way i view her is that she is at heart not a very threatened sort, she would in fact, do that... send him to help khushi or whatever even though she has noticed a few things. way back i was touched by her paying for a pizza without too much fuss. la is nasty and yet capable of being strong and nice... she always felt real and doable to me.

maybe i don't make sense, and sometimes i feel beacuse i liked that curious vulnerability sana khan exuded with her tall, slightly hunched frame, and la's eagreness to do anything to please a man she has lots of feelings for may have coloured my take... don't know.

la was always real to me. when she was vicious, when she was trying to woo her man, when she was slimy, when she was sweet and when she understood suddenly and clearly, it's over. that's la i used to think. in a way, i could even understand why a man like asr would find such agirl attractive. something was innocent in her and strong.

as to khushi's never mentioning la, i chatted with cineraria somewhere... part of that weird handling of female leads, the "good" girl, on tv i guess. well, the really good part of any girl would have admitted a certain discomfort with the situation, excatly as you say, because she knows what she's feeling and because the man is taken and also la considered her to be a good friend. never ever did khushi ponder that. the writers and makers decided we would be so desperate to see asr and khushi together, none of us would ask ourselves nor let it mar the trp... that is what happened.

and what is more, as we have chatted before... it was khushi in a self righteous fit that persuaded la about marriage, imposing her ideas on la and also lectured asr about morality.

maybe because of these many gaps in the character of khushi, after a point, i found a certain disconnect with her, whereas the supposed bad guy, the arrogant asr seemed to be a man of conscience to me... and so to in her own way la a girl with a straight mind.

why la? what made khsuhi hide the truth of shyam? i still don't get it. i don't even know what she was doing on the terrace for so long that night? why the long drawn out talk? and based on what she again did not tell asr.

everything is hidden under the cover of good girl, innocent girl, etc., but what is not right, no matter what you say, is not right.

a certain lack of sensitivity in khsuhi's character if you ask me. the fabulous fight of 295/6. yes, asr behaved terribly... while in a very bad situation. khushi has every right to be mad at him, to show passive aggression, to stop talking to him, to withdraw into himself... even to threaten to leave maybe... but isn't she the girl who gave that fabulous lecture on marriage to him? and isn't she the girl who loves him? doesn't she understand his state when he saw his sister ready to abort her baby herself? be angry by all means... he has hurt you... and that mentioning of shyam, at one level unpardonable... but you'll leave home? on that very night? what does all this say of her character? and where is the sanctity of marriage then that she upheld? so one fight and you leave?

should i go on?

you know, this mahanta and martyrdom has become such a bad pair of shades to look through at reality. fudges it every time. i prefer his stylish expensive aviators.

Beautifully done analysis of both the girls ๐Ÿ‘ fully agree with your post.( I am talking about the characters not the actors and their acting referring to Sohara's post about Sana' acting as La.Khushi also overacted in the later part of the show )
@ bold yes please ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@ sohara lovely gifs ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ 

Yes we all love ArHi โค๏ธ

Sorry for popping in but love the comparison of Khushi and La by indi di ๐Ÿ˜ณ

BarunDiwani thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

^^^

and you know, ami, the way i view her is that she is at heart not a very threatened sort, she would in fact, do that... send him to help khushi or whatever even though she has noticed a few things. way back i was touched by her paying for a pizza without too much fuss. la is nasty and yet capable of being strong and nice... she always felt real and doable to me.

la was always real to me. when she was vicious, when she was trying to woo her man, when she was slimy, when she was sweet and when she understood suddenly and clearly, it's over. that's la i used to think. in a way, i could even understand why a man like asr would find such agirl attractive. something was innocent in her and strong.

as to khushi's never mentioning la, i chatted with cineraria somewhere... part of that weird handling of female leads, the "good" girl, on tv i guess. well, the really good part of any girl would have admitted a certain discomfort with the situation, excatly as you say, because she knows what she's feeling and because the man is taken and also la considered her to be a good friend. never ever did khushi ponder that. the writers and makers decided we would be so desperate to see asr and khushi together, none of us would ask ourselves nor let it mar the trp... that is what happened.

maybe because of these many gaps in the character of khushi, after a point, i found a certain disconnect with her, whereas the supposed bad guy, the arrogant asr seemed to be a man of conscience to me... and so to in her own way la a girl with a straight mind.

why la? what made khsuhi hide the truth of shyam? i still don't get it. i don't even know what she was doing on the terrace for so long that night? why the long drawn out talk? and based on what she again did not tell asr.

a certain lack of sensitivity in khsuhi's character if you ask me. the fabulous fight of 295/6. yes, asr behaved terribly... while in a very bad situation. khushi has every right to be mad at him, to show passive aggression, to stop talking to him, to withdraw into himself... even to threaten to leave maybe... but isn't she the girl who gave that fabulous lecture on marriage to him? and isn't she the girl who loves him? doesn't she understand his state when he saw his sister ready to abort her baby herself? be angry by all means... he has hurt you... and that mentioning of shyam, at one level unpardonable... but you'll leave home? on that very night? what does all this say of her character? and where is the sanctity of marriage then that she upheld? so one fight and you leave?

should i go on?

lol don't for get how the acchi bahu is quick to lie at anytime too ๐Ÿ˜† in a way i enjoyed the lying parts, gave her somewhat of a grey shade but the way they portrayed it...felt as an audience we are supposed to think its cute and again Khushi does no wrong...just saw where she lies to go to GH and make Bua ji ill...my mom always taught us never to lie/joke around about peopel's health. so this one really made me mad.

about Sana, sorry to say but her line delivery was so flat at times,during important scenes..when my mom was watching wiht me a few weeks ago, commented how she doesn't even know how to talk...and my mom is very low fuss...she just watches, usually doesn't make comments...
with that said, the character itself grew on me on second watch...i gues i paid more attention to her, and really liked how she wasn't a vamp. I agree, she had heart.

I have to disagree about her not being possessive over ASR, infact in the begining we see her hire Khushi just because ASR praised that other secretary she hired, and then again when Khushi wore that red saari, La noticed how he was drawn towards her and didn't like  it. the most obvious time was after the kanya puja when ASR uses Khushi's words to Anjali about saying sorries and all...there was definite jealousy..unless her expressions are OTT and i'm taking it wrong. they flip-flopped alot with her "awareness" and comfort level... but yes some of this behavior was justified during break-up and she said that she noticed but she loved him enough to accept his feelings for another woman...i guess hoping it would die down at some pt.

I agree with Sohara about her expressions, at times they where force of OTT, but her line deliver to me was the worst part. she has an awsome voice, if she put a little power behind her delivery, i think it wouldn't have taken me a second watch to notice what a great character she is. and since many ppl feel that way, who knows if it really did hold back the development of the character that i do believe had more potential. i believe there was  more to La than mani/pedis and pleasing ASR...and lets not talk abt how they Dumbified her one she reached RM...I aslo agree with Soha, if she didn't care about marriage to ASR at first, why this need to change herself and transform into a acchhi bahu? esp when ASR himself liked her the way she was...anyway thats another discussion

And all thos questions about Khushi u ask are so valid...sadly most of it was to move the story ahead...if she hadn't lingered on the terrace, how would we ever get out break-down scene ๐Ÿ˜† or temple shaadi ๐Ÿ˜†...but yes we are so close to these characters and they mean so much to, we have every right to be mad at Khushi for not telling ASR about Shyaam and for endles good bahu tacticts at end...sigh..no wonder we shut the show down...just imagine the night mare it would have become with just Sanaya as Khushi as what she had become...hey DM!

sorry for typos! at work, gotta run, hope i make sense :)