Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Aru_A thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: Quixotic5

YESSS !!!.. FINALLY !!!.. "The Taboo" it is !! ...

what the hell!!!!
i...had thought of this very thing...the very first day i saw this riddle...
infact...the deleted scene from the movie where Ron is tell Harry and Hermoine about it...it was playing in my mind like 10 times...
but i thought that it wasnt it...
oh god...
Almas. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Check out nickname thread 
Aru_A thumbnail

Originally posted by: iluvOriginals

Check out nickname thread 

Which thread is that???😕 Je ne sais pas... :(
Aru_A thumbnail
okay...as this thread is about to end and no riddles can be asked...let me ask some general stuff...
okay first of all...can i post riddles??
Aru_A thumbnail
Oi!!!
sab chale gaye...
but where??
Almas. thumbnail

Originally posted by: Aru_A

okay...as this thread is about to end and no riddles can be asked...let me ask some general stuff...

okay first of all...can i post riddles??

😆😆
Wait for the new thread..
U can post it der
Almas. thumbnail

Originally posted by: Aru_A

Which thread is that???😕 Je ne sais pas... :(

Aru_A thumbnail

Originally posted by: iluvOriginals

😆😆
Wait for the new thread..
U can post it der

means i can???
coz there was something on the first page...something like...first staart guessing...then we'll promote u to a riddle making...somethin like this...i didnt get half of the first page
Aru_A thumbnail
oh i saw tht...
its sort of confusing..really...
but all i get is that everyone gets a nickname according to their hands on riddles...??
uff...this riddle thing...the word 'riddle' itself buzzes me...it always reminds me of TMR...
i dont like this connection with voldemort...
ANSWER : " The Taboo" 

I dwell in both worlds - Muggle or Magical,
There are many taboos in our muggle world & then there is the taboo curse ( may be in addition to regular taboos ) in the magical world.

While I can freak-out some , doesn't mean I cant make others curious or quizzical .
Taboos in our world atleast have a notorious reputation.. it can freak you out ( angered, outraged, disbelief, dumbfounded, unhappy, sad ..etc ) but there are some people who are quite fascinated by it & quite passionately pursue it ..( eg.Nudists, Scientists for the purpose of studying a culture, people who are curious about it ..etc)

I came in at the beginning of the end,
In HP series, the taboo curse was introduced right after the Ministry Fell during the beginning part of last book (the end)  or during the beginning of Horcrux hunting mission of the trio .. 
A smart one, yes I was, I triggered & forced a trend,
The taboo curse was indeed a smart move on Voldy's part since it helped him locate his possible threats & so, even those who didnt fear Voldy were now forced to go along with the "You Know Who" trend to escape the taboo..
My power can render anyone almost incapable to defend,
The violation of the taboo instantly breaks almost all the protective enchantments, thus making the curse almost impossible to defend..
It seems there were no limits to which I could extend.
It wasnt clear in the book , exactly to what extent the curse could extend in terms of its Geographical boundaries but it certainly seemed like it can pin point even the remotest of locations, thus seemingly making it limitless in terms of Geographical boundaries..

Although few powers can blind me,
The taboo curse is certainly powerful but it fails to pin point the exact locations if powerful protections like Fidelus Charm are used..
But it doesn't mean i couldn't get in its vicinity. 
But even with Fidelus Charm , the curse is not completely defeated since it may not be able to pin point the exact location but it certainly can take the Death Eaters in the vicinity of the taboo breaker as was seen when the trio were staying at The Order Headquarters for the time being..the death eaters used to gather around the place expecting to catch someone but couldnt..

EDIT : ( Additional lines as clues & I am not happy , i might as well have given the answer itself ðŸ˜” ): 

I ought to be taken seriously, for I am not just a silly game,
Self Explanatory..
Being careless with me can cost a lot, as you did see  & yes I do embody fame.
Being careless with the taboo cost Harry a lot , as we did see..moreover, the taboo curse was completely based on Voldy's fame with an idea that whoever dares to speak of his name is definitely a threat..

EDIT : (This one is final clue & one of you better answer it now  ðŸ˜¡ )

I was the key to solve the mystery of a puzzling incident,
Lupin & the trio werent able to make head & tail of the incident that took place in Tottenham Court Road wherein the Death Eaters attacked the trio in a cafeteria..they werent sure if Harry still had the trace on or was it because of something else?.. 
Sheer luck enabled the beloved heroes to evade me for a long time, but in the long run my knowledge was prudent.
During the time period when the trio was unaware of the Taboo, it was their sheer luck that saved them..first it was the Headquarters under the fidelus charm , then it was because of the continued insistence of edgy Ron that they avoided speaking the name & then in the absence of Ron, they were used to saying "You know who" instead of the name & were saved by sheer luck..however, luck could have run out anytime & the knowledge of the curse was necessary to stay safe in the long run..

EDIT :  Hints - The answer is not a being , one more thing , the "trend" is such a give away in the riddle ...😉  ..Self Explanatory & Already Explained Above..

EDIT : Hints -  About its co-existence in muggle & magical worlds - it exists for two different purposes ,as in it serves a different purpose in magical world vis-a-vis muggle world although i think the kind of purpose it serves in the muggle world could be served in the magical world too in addition to its magical purpose (..lol, now i think i am confusing u guys even more..🤣 ).. however, it goes by the same name in both worlds (..now that should help..😊 )  .. Self Explanatory

EDIT : Hint - You can rule out the first four books, it appears in one of the last 3 books..  ..Self Explanatory