Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mr.Afg thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: sandiab

Nice prediction I think it would be around 30-40 tooo many movies this month. Bt hopefully it has a rocking weekend.

Thanks 😊 let's see I think its will be hard to reach 60 crores but let's hope!
BanBB thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Expressionist (October 2021) 1 Thumbnail + 8
I hope the movie is a hit
but I think the movie is overpromoted not under promoted
xroshnix thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
These sorts of niche films are primarily made by the studios to get the attention of the audience courtesy the critical acclaim it gets. If the movie does well then it is a plus but business is never the driving force in these sort of films. A film which recently did quite well domestically and did superb business overseas was - The LunchBox. Finding Fanny has certain comic element so that might attract the youth too. Finding Fanny could go much beyond the likes of The Lunch Box considering it has far more star value attached to it. It might not attract the entire fan base of Deepika Padukone or say Arjun Kapoor but a certain part of the fan base which has interest in watching these type of films will be attracted towards it. The movie is primarily a multiplex release and even decent footfalls couple with high ticket prices could make this film a success.

Economics

Total Cost :  7 cr (Budget) + 5 cr P&A 

Release Size/Number of Screens :- 800 screens (English) + 100 screens (Hindi)
Fox Star India is distributing the film all over India

Box Office Prediction
Run Time :- 1 Hr 33 mins ( 93 Mins U/A)
Opening/ First  Day Box Office Collection Prediction :-  3 cr

If WOM is Good
LifeTime 28 cr

If WOM is Mixed
LifeTime 23 cr

If WOM is Bad
Life-Time 15 cr

Its releasing small so the opening with small release will not be above the logical range 02-04cr for total 900 screens. The number of screens releasing the movie is much much much lower than Marykom and even Mardaani. The total cost including production and marketing is extremely low compared to most films released before and will release after.
Edited by xroshnix - 9 years ago
Mr.Afg thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: xroshnix

These sorts of niche films are primarily made by the studios to get the attention of the audience courtesy the critical acclaim it gets. If the movie does well then it is a plus but business is never the driving force in these sort of films. A film which recently did quite well domestically and did superb business overseas was - The LunchBox. Finding Fanny has certain comic element so that might attract the youth too. Finding Fanny could go much beyond the likes of The Lunch Box considering it has far more star value attached to it. It might not attract the entire fan base of Deepika Padukone or say Arjun Kapoor but a certain part of the fan base which has interest in watching these type of films will be attracted towards it. The movie is primarily a multiplex release and even decent footfalls couple with high ticket prices could make this film a success.

Economics

Total Cost :  7 cr (Budget) + 5 cr P&A 

Release Size/Number of Screens :- 800 screens (English) + 100 screens (Hindi)
Fox Star India is distributing the film all over India

Box Office Prediction
Run Time :- 1 Hr 33 mins ( 93 Mins U/A)
Opening/ First  Day Box Office Collection Prediction :-  3 cr

If WOM is Good
LifeTime 28 cr

If WOM is Mixed
LifeTime 23 cr

If WOM is Bad
Life-Time 15 cr

Its releasing small so the opening with small release will not be above the logical range 02-04cr for total 900 screens. The number of screens releasing the movie is much much much lower than Marykom and even Mardaani. The total cost including production and marketing is extremely low compared to most films released before and will release after.

Why Deepika accept to do this movie... its will change her career...

its hope the movie will make more than 40 crores at least.
How much did they spend on promotion? Not less than 20 crore, I think.