Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 9 years ago

Indi,

Its been a while since I read you.. feels so.. all the emotion your writings fill in one..this one touching all right chords... beautiful! Few highlighted, few comments in between in blue,
 For me, his ambiguity to leave or not being able to set the stone.. and her.. "saansein hi nahee le payenge".. how vulnerable..

Your first edit said it all.. brilliant connection to the Rajkumar in that machine flying above..👏..chopper to plane... journey of this girl ever since...all edits gorgeous.. capturing the perfect emotion esp at the airport.. 
Wasn't he going to come back in the end with that faint smile after recalling her dhak dhak confession.. his confession is only a matter of time now.. 

Acting, I never really talked much about acting while watching until lately, becos it never felt like acting.. he WAS asr and she WAS Khushi.. who even in all their mute communications scripted a magnum opus...they may never come back together again.. but IF they do, these two HALVES will create that WHOLE as effortlessly!

horizon,

thanks so much... i need to ramble as everyone knows by now... and really, it's these guys that do it.

you are right, they are their characters. and the passion and seeking and meeting and merging is so palpable, thoughts of eternal lovers will come to mind whether one had radha krishna references strewn across teh show or not.

there's is the world of loving and being lovers. asr khushi, something indestructible there. and only love is that really.

just saw your dheere samire post... lovely. have heard the song somewhere, don't ask me where, maybe a dance or soemthing. maybe my mother would listen to geet govinda otr soemthing...

she also used to love mohammed rafi's madhuban radhika naache re/giridhar ke muraliya baaje re...

asr didn't play muraliya but oh he was the player alright of heartstrings, a music you wanted to immerse in. and khushi was the heartbeat of this music. how two simple actors with no great training and not exactly the best conditions to work under gave so much of themselves to create this beautiful thing, an asset almost to have, i will never know... and in a way that may be a good thing.

too much knowledge can actually start robbing an experience of its essence.

glad you like bhanushingher padabali... sweetest and most voluptuous songs. tagore was an astounding man. and i know very little about him... just that bongs those days grew up with him all around, pretty much part of every day. indu, you like songs...oh the rabindrasangeets. bit of an acquired taste, but once acquired.. stir stir stir.

ha ha me not there in the singapore show, i stay v far away from most cultural kind of programmes... find most things sort of empty, something missing. but i did watch the jaya jaya dev hare right now dance and she was good. that was hemanta mukherjee singing i think... another wonder voice.

indi52 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Javeria3991

Hello everyone

I am so irregular on this thread. Kya karoon i can't live in sapnoon ki dunyah. my adsli dunyah is so complicated right now and very demanding. My semester exams are going to start very soon and i am completely imerse in my last minutes projects and studies. But when my exams will be over, i will visit every blaster index and will comment on their fantastic reviews.
@Indi @Rhea @rhea @sohara @Arhihamesha @cinthiya 
 I have read your few reviews in this thread. They are awesome and very well written. I could feel the mixed emotions, Arnav and khushi misery, dispair and agony, Khushi pain, her guilt for the being the reason of chotte in Arnav's life and in the end disappointment she felt when she failed to make Arnav belief on her. The post kidnapping track episodes are very emotional and heart wretching.

@cinthiya Congratulations on your first edit in Gif. its spectacular.

@katelyn I saw your edits, they are wonderful.

6th june is coming. Indi di you are right, on this 6th june there won't be any girl on the scooter or a handsome billionaire making a dashing entry through helicopter but its very special for all of us.It marks the begining of an ethereal tale of two hearts who find their destiny, Love. 

Last month i wrote something for the Iss pyaar ko which i am going to share in next thread.
I am so excited and can't wait to experience the magic of your wonderful takes, reviews and writeups, creations, edits and VMs in the next thread.

javeria,

asli duniya has first claim always 😳. i hope your semester exam and work go off brilliantly. yeah, 6 june is somehow beginning to freak me out... i have become confirmed pagal. soon i will be running around in only black, grey, brown, dark blue and sometimes white.

please do post your stuff on the new thread. we hope to open it on wednesday.

here's to duniya, asli and sapnon ki. 😃

indi52 thumbnail
an incredible actor really... looking a little older now, compared to that first day we saw him as asr. i was watching the first episode today, and was again struck by how he held that character and his inert cold gaze almost flawlessly... seems it used to take 30/40 takes. never showed onscreen... so damn real. i can't stop thinking he was not yet 27 even at the time, no real training in acting, and from a simple middle class home in west delhi... how on earth did he feel and create asr. yes, the directors helped and so did the writing, editing, everything. but that look in his eyes that was his... in it he wrapped so much time, so many allusions. just look at that stillness and the hint of chaos within, and power... sheer absolute power... i was prepared to laugh the whole incredible asr thing off... i was in fact quite determined to... no tacky hindi serial could even go near such a character i was sure. golf? ha ha. rich cool tycoon. really? i had seen enough serials to know, this had been attempted a couple of times, in fact more, and nothing ever really went to that point, always fell short, felt filmi and unreal, a bit embarrassing even.

so i was not really thinking this can be done. yes, i'd noticed he had something about him the previous year, while scanning through shraddha with a yikes feeling in me. yet every time he appeared i paused and watched. bad hair, bad clothes, slightly gauche acting, but something about him.

in baat again the cuteness mixed with a heady masculinity... moments of touching acting... the vulnerable yet strong and innocent young man. but not anything had told me there was this in him.

Edited by indi52 - 9 years ago
cinthiann1758 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Horizon

Poet,

Poet, activist Maya Angelou passed away couple of days ago. Her last tweet

"Listen to yourself and in that quietude you might hear the voice of God"

Brilliant!!!!
cinthiann1758 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Javeria3991

Hello everyone

I am so irregular on this thread. Kya karoon i can't live in sapnoon ki dunyah. my adsli dunyah is so complicated right now and very demanding. My semester exams are going to start very soon and i am completely imerse in my last minutes projects and studies. But when my exams will be over, i will visit every blaster index and will comment on their fantastic reviews.
@Indi @Rhea @rhea @sohara @Arhihamesha @cinthiya 
 I have read your few reviews in this thread. They are awesome and very well written. I could feel the mixed emotions, Arnav and khushi misery, dispair and agony, Khushi pain, her guilt for the being the reason of chotte in Arnav's life and in the end disappointment she felt when she failed to make Arnav belief on her. The post kidnapping track episodes are very emotional and heart wretching.

@cinthiya Congratulations on your first edit in Gif. its spectacular.

@katelyn I saw your edits, they are wonderful.

6th june is coming. Indi di you are right, on this 6th june there won't be any girl on the scooter or a handsome billionaire making a dashing entry through helicopter but its very special for all of us.It marks the begining of an ethereal tale of two hearts who find their destiny, Love. 

Last month i wrote something for the Iss pyaar ko which i am going to share in next thread.
I am so excited and can't wait to experience the magic of your wonderful takes, reviews and writeups, creations, edits and VMs in the next thread.

Jav, so good to see you here.  Take a breath, dear.  AD is always there it is just how you deal with it that can make us crazy.  So take deep breaths and all will be well.  When you need an uplift come home here and breath in the love!!!  Thanks for all the praise but truly unnecessary; we love to do this and all fill each other with whatever it is we need at the time!  Can't wait to read what you wrote!
Edited by cinthiann1758 - 9 years ago
cinthiann1758 thumbnail

251 cont'd 

Khushi tries to contact Arnav but he keeps cutting the call.  She continues on her mobile and the house phone and he won't pick up.  He is in the car driving and pleads Khushi to stop calling.  It's almost like the last straw and he is teetering on the edge of breaking.  Anjali sees a worried Khushi and tells her what is going on with Arnav because obviously she doesn't know. 

Anjali tells her it is their mother's birthday tomorrow, she would have been 56 (a little too close to home for me)  and she explains all the things they did such as going to the orphanage, giving alms and clothes and then to the temple.  Arnav never took part he always wanted to be alone.  Khushi asks wouldn't it be best for him to be with family?  Anjali agrees. And she says he shares everything but his pain and this pain never would he ever share it.  Then she breaks the news that Arnav is going to London today in three hours and Khushi's eyes go wide, he never even told her. 

Khushi is even surer now that even if he is in pain she must tell him the truth.  He must know her truth before he leaves for London.  She grabs her wallet and runs to meet him.  She must convince him of her truth.

Shyam is going crazy looking for the papers and dismantles Arnav's room.

On the way to the airport she insists that Shyam meets her to tell Arnav the truth or he won't get the papers.

He is still searching the room when he hears Anjali coming.  Straightening the room quickly, as Anjali walks to the room she is thinking she should be with Khushi she must feel bad that he left without telling her.  I so wanted Shyam to get caught! She enters the room and Shyam tells her he was looking for a file.  She wants to call Chote but is distracted by Hari Praksh and Shyam is saved again.  I honestly did not pay much attention to this part because I despise him so.

Khushi is frantically awaiting her auto ride to complete at the airport.  She jumps out hands the driver the money and goes without receiving her change.

Slowy but steadily Arnav is in line to go into the airport.  He gives his entry ticket and sojourns in, London waiting, with a forlorn look on his face.  Not only is the next day his mother's birthday but he is leaving with things so unsettled with his wife.  He has so much distrust in his heart, such confusion between love and hate and he wants to believe her but he just can't.  The frantic Khushi must see him and speak to him, her eyes full of worry and fear that she won't get to him on time.  She is compelled as she pushes and weaves in and out between other passengers to get to the front of the line.  The security officer asks for her entry ticket and tells her where to go to get one.  She races out and goes to the window and finds her wallet empty, unable to purchase a ticket she left the change behind at the auto driver.  She runs back just hoping she will see Arnav and maybe they will make an exception...but he won't and she whispers his name,

"Arnavji..."

And he hears her, turning around, a gust of wind, a familiar romantic lullaby Rabba Ve is heard in the BG, he sees his Khushi, hands on the glass eyes brimmed with tears.  His heart stops, his lip slightly elevates just a hint of a smile, a relief she is here and she opens her mouth breaking the spell,

"Arnavji, I must talk to you, just one minute I must tell you something."  His face changes into the mask of no emotion, ah yes he remembers now,he doesn't want to hear it.  He turns to leave and she dials his phone, he dismisses the call as he is looking at her tear stained face. The doors of the airport and his heart close on her once again. But Khushi is fighting for her life, for her man and their relationship, her pride, her family, her honor, her morals; she calls again and he places the phone up to his ear and she frantically rattles what she wants to say but mentions Shyam's name and within the instant the phone is removed from his ear like it is on fire and CLICK...DISCONNECT. Disconnect from his heart and brain.  He doesn't want to hear it and especially anything about that snake jijaji.  Khushi in desperation repeats over and over as she is banging on the window,
"Arnavji, listen to me, one minute, listen to me, one minute!"

MY HEART IS WRENCHING, MY STOMACH CLENCHING IN PAIN FOR THESE TWO. 

Sure I know he is leaving to film a movie, I know he has to go for 40 odd days and I am damn frustrated too, but leaving this way?  My heart can't take it.  I feel awful for Khushi and her pain and for him for losing the opportunity to be happy in his relationship... trusting his wife, but alas not to be.

She tries to bypass the guard as she yells out for him but is held back as Arnavji walks away.  Her shoulders lift and as she lets her last breath out, for that is how it feels, in all her despair she watches him walk away.  He walks as if all the weight of the world is on his shoulders and slightly turns his head over his shoulder for a last glance of her but doesn't. 

She is calling to him not by words but by heart and he is straining to listen.

Standing outside of the airport Khushi tries to recover, head down, sniffling and she looks up and standing before her is her husband.  Her eyes go wide.  Thank Devi Maiiya!

"You didn't leave.  You stayed back?" she asks him.

He barks back, " You made me!" Hmm, compulsion?  He has no words, seems a bit tongue-tied, frustratingly a small shake of his head.  "Why are you doing this?" And she just lets it flow, "How could you think this? How could you leave like this? Why would you think of Shyam with me?"  Just at the very mention of his brother-in-laws name he closes his eyes, steam escaping from his ears.  "I don't want to hear this," through gritted teeth. 

It must kill him inside thinking of his love in the arms of another man.  Kills him.  Can't even think about it, it repulses him so much.

She grabs his passport and ticket.  She begs him to stay one more minute to prove her innocence; someone is coming.  She calls asking where is he?  He is on his way..it's going to take some time.  Shyam time...snakewa.  The truth will be revealed, she says.  He tries to reach for the passport and she begs him just a little more time, hiding it.  Here comes ASR, he steps forward, grabs her by the arm and then snatches the passport away from her. It's time for his flight.  She is begging him please and she tells him she can't stand that he thinks about her this way, she can't stand it and he counters with it is I who can't stand it.  He swallows hard..so much said in those few words.  This is killing him just as much as it is she.  He leaves.

She is devastated.  Standing there all alone feeling defeated.  He thinks so poorly of her; she can't take it.

And then there he is again, standing in front of her giving her 10 minutes to prove herself innocent after that he's gone.  He wants this!!!  She shakes her head, a cloud of hope in the air, and she makes a call.  It's going to take time, Shyam says as his auto has pulled up across the street. Snakewa!

Travelers are rushing pass Khushi to go inside airport and jostling her about when he steps forward and cages her in with his arms and body.  Up close and personal, protecting her from outside forces.  Seems like he cares about his wife and it was quite touching to watch this hurt, angry man caring so much.  Her bloodshot eyes gaze into his, as he is now the object of everyone's bumps.  Yes, he cares Khushi, don't feel defeated.  She quietly says to him with tear filled eyes she knows why she is leaving today if he only stays back...He interrupts her with three minutes left.  A little uncomfortable and vulnerable perhaps this too much right now, he doesn't want to deal with it all.

"Flight 0B359 for London..."it's time, too late.  The 10 minutes are over, you asked and I gave and it's done.  I am leaving.

One more minute, one minute she goes to call and he yells Stop it Khushi, stop it now!"  No one will come.  He only waited, he holds his breath gaining strength to tell her the truth.  He wanted her to prove her innocence!  He hoped for her not to be in the wrong!  He has told her this truth.  He cares for her!

Now tell me the truth Khushi no one was coming right he asks her and her tears come again.  Yeah, right he says.

He starts to walk away she grabs him buy the shoulder begging for him to listen to the truth.  He asks her why as he brushes her hand off his shoulder.

Oh these two, what a pair. They both want to tell each other truths but both not really listening and saying anything.

"Why, Khushi?"

She answers, "Why? Because it makes a difference because it is you, I wouldn't care if it was anybody else but you...if you go away like this I won't be able to breathe..."

Looking into those tear filled eyes he wants so much to believe her, he almost does.  You can see his yearning for her but his spell has been broken by an announcement calling for him to come to the gate.  Oh! Those eyes say so much and so little when need be...he turns to leave her and she grabs hold of his, hand.

She begs him don't go and he takes her hand away but Khushi holds tight until her fingers can't grasp his hands anymore.  Your going she asks him and he says yes he is going and walks away.  She runs after him and is held back by the guards and he walks forward to his gate to catch his flight. And there she stands holding the glass watching him leave, tears rolling down and feeling defeated. 

Every step he takes is a remembrance of their most intimate moments (teri meri dance, Diwali moments, hospital hug, payal return, tangled fairy lights, holi confession, Khushi's bed as she held his neck shirt so tight and his Ranjha speech) of all the moments he supported her. He never let her feel defeated. He was always there. He is Khushi's support.  He knows this. He knows her.  He knows her truth.

He stops and wonders why is it so hard to leave her? 

Because truth is truth.

He turns, as if to go back to her and is stopped by a tap on his shoulder.

"Mr. Arnav Singh Raizada?"

"Yes..."

Outside the plane lifts off and she watches grief stricken,

Meanwhile on board they are discussing the missing passenger.

Mr. Arnav Singh Raizada.

Defeated and Kidnapped?

Edited by cinthiann1758 - 9 years ago
indi52 thumbnail
deafeated and kidnapped?

cynthia, your recounting of 251 had you right in it... so terribly powerful the acting was, wasn't it? i forgot it was a shopping mall... and all the badly overdone shyam things and anjali for no reason saying things taht don't count... just these two and that feeling.

your writing is about that so much.
i enjoyed the cont'd and am glad you can now move to the next... where the heart begins to settle a bit.

She tries to bypass the guard as she yells out for him but is held back as Arnavji walks away.  Her shoulders lift and as she lets her last breath out, for that is how it feels, in all her despair she watches him walk away.  He walks as if all the weight of the world is on his shoulders and slightly turns his head over his shoulder for a last glance of her but doesn't.

such nuanced acting, i am sure the director helped but these two just took it somewhere else.
indi52 thumbnail

he seemed to know even before he turned around that she was there behind him just there. he turned knowing yet wondering, he saw, his eyes got a strange different light, his face seemed to lift for an instant... surprise joy hope yearning "khushi!" flitted across. she looked back at him, reflecting every emotion of his. hope longing need joy, despair melting away. a complete moment the two actors owned, weird colours and messy location notwithstanding. how does one take hold of a moment like that with just a look. grasp it, possess it. i could almost feel i was in there somewhere, in that distance their gaze spanned.

echoes of diwali and the evening she returned after saying she was going away for hamesha here. this would have been a great scene anyway, given the traction the tale already had, asr khushi was something we all wanted and were slightly crazy about already, and the point in the story was so poignant plus there was the fact that this was the last day barun was shooting before going away for a while, he'd be back only once in a way for some time now, we didn't know when the "break" would end. i am sure all this added to the scene. and yet not. it is kind of pristine, separate from all, a classic, endless moment. that says too many things to put into words. and comes by only once in a rare while.

cinthiann1758 thumbnail

Originally posted by: indi52

he seemed to know even before he turned around that she was there behind him just there. he turned knowing yet wondering, he saw, his eyes got a strange different light, his face seemed to lift for an instant... surprise joy hope yearning "khushi!" flitted across. she looked back at him, reflecting every emotion of his. hope longing need joy, despair melting away. a complete moment the two actors owned, weird colours and messy location notwithstanding. how does one take hold of a moment like that with just a look. grasp it, possess it. i could almost feel i was in there somewhere, in that distance their gaze spanned.

echoes of diwali and the evening she returned after saying she was going away for hamesha here. this would have been a great scene anyway, given the traction the tale already had, asr khushi was something we all wanted and were slightly crazy about already, and the point in the story was so poignant plus there was the fact that this was the last day barun was shooting before going away for a while, he'd be back only once in a way for some time now, we didn't know when the "break" would end. i am sure all this added to the scene. and yet not. it is kind of pristine, separate from all, a classic, endless moment. that says too many things to put into words. and comes by only once in a rare while.

Indi you are so spot on with that but what I really agree with is, I think consiously we knew he was really leaving the show for a while to shoot and that scene placed us right there standing next to Khushi saying our goodbyes...no, please, please stay.  I felt those tears burnng down my face.
indi52 thumbnail
episode 252

she keeps staring up at the sky, her arnav ji is going away, leaving her, not convinced of her innocense. how will she live now. a chapter seems to be ending in their lives. asr and khsuhi, who had met one strange evening in lucknow, though even before they set eyes on each other, she had looked up to see the helicopter that brought her rajkumar into her life... today she stands watching him go far away.

a bereft lonely khushi, slowly with every second losing hope, losing connection with the man who means what to her she has not yet been able to tell herself, but she knows he means everything... and possibly a bit more.

sanaya irani is getting ready at another level to take on the challenge of holding the fort and keeping it from caving in while her seismically popular co-actor barun sobti takes some time off.

i use a big word and extend its meaning because that is how humongous the impact of his leaving was on the show and he was extraordinarily popular. even now despite more than 18 months without being on a single screen, he continues to be so.
and my belief, no matter how much you planned it, the absence of barun sobti as asr would still be pretty earthshaking.

to accept the onus of calming this turmoil and filling the void couldn't have been easy. the first time i saw these episodes i was not sure how sanaya would manage. would she at all? or would i stop watching.

sanaya surprised with her complete taking over of command. her writers did try to make khushi real again. the girl i had met back during diwali and her teda choti days, no she didn't return, not entirely, but someone she might have become having gone through all she had did.

the other character that was upped to keep story tight was shyam's. my feeling, here the calibration went haywire and the writing as well as acting took on a thick ugly melodramatic feel which just gave me the creeps and also seemed to interfere with the nature of ipk. flattening out of characters is always such a pity.

a hand lands on khushi's shoulder. she spins around, maybe arnav ji is back once more...

alas, it is shyam. the word "ashpardha" pops into my mind. the audacity of this man, touching her with a proprietary air as though this is his right. yet in a way, his character would do such athing... he knows that asr is not coming back... well, that is his plan. and sneaky characters like this would do this chance pe dance i imagine.

prior to getting here, shyam, thanks to lakshmi ji, has unearthed buried treasure. the whole lakshmi and treasure thing plus anjali's very obvious,
"yeh lakshmi toh aap ke haath bhi nahin aa rahi hai..." this wealth/lakshmi you aren't being able to catch... are too pat and seem to only say the writers are worried.

ultimately, these papers on which so much time is being spent will become meaningless sadly.

a voice calls out the dear name. khushi is almost awakened by it, she looks around, is it him? no it's a little boy his father calls out to. again i get a sense of ankh micholi, the kanha playing thing. radha looks for him everywhere, in every touch, in every name, in every face... but he is gone.

on the other side babli is playing hide and seek and is locked up in a dark claustrophobic space. was this a hint of kidnap? and that krishna thing too?

separated from her mate would khushi become lost and bereft like radha? she had danced magan for him during holi, and been coloured in his colour... and ever since she has heard why he married her, instead of anger she feels only his pain... she has started merging with him at one level, though she still has not asked herself why.

a night and a loneliness... his space, his room is quiet and forlorn, emptiness in its every corner.

khushi walks into their world alone... he is gone, lights play with the pool; lights catching reflections, memories shimmering in them.

khushi is losing her moorings a bit, the viraha stabs her heart, plays with her mind.  arnav ji has forgotten his medicines, she is in tears, vulnerable, she runs to her sister in law and flings herself on her.

anjali is alarmed by this frantic khushi... he has taken his medicines she assures her. khushi is still restless, like someone deeply attached she imagines all sorts of things going wrong with her beloved, undercurrents of something not right hang in her, wrap around her. she will call him. that's not possible, he's in a plane.

she puts her head down on anjali's lap like a child, like a woman torn. she blurts out how hard she tried to tell him... a little misunderstanding again. anjali thinks about their mother's birthday, khushi wants him not to be by himself.

i always liked this thing in khushi's character, she made relationships. she liked getting involved with people. a childlike innocence in her and an openness. she is indeed a very young woman in a difficult situation here and soemhow that little bridging sanaya does between child and woman with her khushi is lovely. makes her her.

she took to anjali from the moment they met and anjali reciprocated with the same feeling, instinctively liking her. in fact, she is the one who told khushi how to enter this house, with the right foot first. auspicious was there bonding always, a lot of beauty in it.

in a wan voice, anjali say, "chhotey woh hi karenge jo unke dil ko sahi lagey..." chhotey will do what his heart feel sis right.

dil.

his sister knows he has that dil and maybe in the script it is time to bring up the topic and dwell on it too.

a desolate air permeates the frame, no matter where we are. he is gone.

the music of love plays again and again, memories plague her... his face, his eyes, his pain...

then comes a realisation, the papers are missing... the desperate search begins.

after a 251 that completely knocked the breath out of me, i am grateful the creatives chose to take things a little easy this episode. it's really about khushi as she finds her jogan, her magan, her woman, her mate, her saans and submits to love. becomes his... while he is far far away.

radha in viraha, pining for milan with her kanha. shades, rasas of prem being explored. and the first episode without a single new shot of barun is done.

akula radha-rij ati jarajara ...
jharawa nayana-dau anukhana jharajhara...
tuhu momo madhava, tuhu momo dosaara, tuhu momo taap ghuchao...
marana tu ao re ao...
~~~ rabindranath tagore as bhanu singha~~~

radha's heart is full of pain and turmoil
her tears flow continuously
(death) you are my lord, you are my friend, you are the reliever from pain
oh death (krishna), come, ye come

Previous
1 ... 96 97 98 99 100 ... 115
Next