Parachute. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
Hey 😃 ...

Came across this today...and thought its helpful for people getting a hair cut 😛 Cant wait to get mine next done 😆

-Oval Faces-
A fringe for instance, will bring out your eyes.
Hair swept off the face will balance your nose when seen in profile.
If your hair is straight or curly, go with a style that works with that rather than trying to alter what you have. It will be easier to style on a daily basis.

-Square Faces-
if you have longer hair and a square face, let it fall past the shoulders and allow some soft layers or a grown out fringe to fall around the temples.
Even when pulled back, leave wisps around the face as this will help to soften your look and make your face look more oval.
If your hair is shorter, elongate the face by going for height at the crown and keep a soft roundness in the silhouette.
Cut above or below the jawline just not on it. Always insist on layers, not single-length styles or center partings. These will always draw attention to a square face rather than softening it.

-Long Faces-
To get your face looking closer to the all-perfect oval, go for width by shortening the face with a fringe just touching the eyebrows.
Or try a side parting that sweeps across the face for an alternative to the full fringe.
Keep longer styles full and above the shoulders to avoid 'dragging' your face down. This means lots of layers work for you.
With shorter shapes, go for the classic wedge and other full-fringed shapes that give width and volume.

-Round Faces-

With a round face the idea is to slim it down at the sides by changing the cut.
You can do this by keeping the sides close to your face and going for height on the top which will lengthen the appearance of the face at the same time.
Hair brought forwards onto the face in soft wisps is flattering with shorter styles. Try your hair cut above the chin with shorter layers at the front.
Avoid full fringes, as they will make the face look smaller and rounder. Don't forget to take natural texture and your facial features into account.

-Heart Faces-

Try your hair at around shoulder length and go for fullness from the chin down. Soft waves and layers work well to achieve this.
Side partings with hair drawn across on a slant work well to draw attention away from the chin. Keep the rest of your own features very much in focus and draw attention to your best bits, often your dramatic cheekbones.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

bollycrazy thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
thanks niyaa!!! reallyyy helpful! 😃 x
MrsKaranGrover thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4