GredandForge thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Ranvi and Baldev have been examples of One sided love and yet the cases are so dissimilar. 
Yesterday's episode showed the difference so well.

Ranvi loves his childhood friend. He knows every tiny detail about her and yet he couldn't see what she really felt. Gunjan, for whatever reasons, was not the person he thought her to be. Ranvi knows her habits, her quirks but not her innermost feelings. I think Ranvi fell in love with her as a child and couldn't see the changes in her as she grew to be an adult. 

Baldev, on the other hand, doesn't know all this about her but he could see what she holds dear. He clearly see what she is and how she thinks because as an enemy he needed to be familiar with her strengths and weaknesses. In this case, Baldev is more emotionally connected.
He plans for his wedding with Veera all the while denying that he's in love with her, never pausing to think and question himself why. Why does she occupy his thoughts 24X7? 

I totally loved how they showed this contrast between friends turning into lovers and enemies falling in love. And I also know why I enjoy watching the love-hate relationships. Hate and Love are two sides of the same coin.

Thank you CVs for addressing my concern. I couldn't ask for a better scene to make Veera look beyond the easy going exterior of Baldev.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

overactor thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Yeah all this as changed srks dialogue in kuch kuch hota he..pyar dosti he is so outdated
rogerrocks thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Urgh whatever am gonna say is gonna sound redundant cos we discussed the hell outta this scene yesterday😆 Anyways, am so glad the CVs showed something substantial..Was getting really tired of the comic scenes because Baldev is a layered character and he was increasingly starting to look one dimensional thanks to all those silly scenes they randomly choose to throw in between😆 I fully expected Veera to scream and leave as always but the moment i heard Baldev say 'teri beeji ka pyaar;' my heart did a double take😆 I had to make sure am not imagining things😆 Gosh, how intense was that scene? Now these are the kinda things which can make Veera notice Baldev and fall for him..And i loved what Baldev said cos thats totally how i look at things..You don need to know irrelevant and silly things so long as you know stuff which matters..Baldev may not know chai ka recipe but he understands Veera like no other..Realistic and doesn't give stalkerish vibes😆 Sorry Ranvi, i had to say that😆

P.S. How exactly does Vishal manage that expression? That look, his eyes when he said that 'pagal khana' dialogue😲 Vishal does smitten like no other😳

P.S.S. I want Baldev and Veera to go on early morning walks so they can understand each other better..Veera can also reduce weight this way..What say?😉😆
Edited by rogerrocks - 10 years ago
Sona_Chandini thumbnail
Good job on the compare and contrast.😊 I agree with you. Ranvi loves Gunjan from when she was younger because she was so sweet and innocent. As an adult, he was blinded by his love which is why it was so surprising for him to realize just how different she had become. Baldev was cruel to Veera during childhood but now he is able to understand and have a deep connection unlike with anyone else because they can relate to each other. Baldev knows what it's like to not feel loved by a parent as does Veera. Ranvi and Baldev are so different and it's interesting to see how they are changing as well as their relationships. 
GredandForge thumbnail

Originally posted by: rogerrocks

Urgh whatever am gonna say is gonna sound redundant cos we discussed the hell outta this scene yesterday😆 Anyways, am so glad the CVs showed something substantial..Was getting really tired of the comic scenes because Baldev is a layered character and he was increasingly starting to look one dimensional thanks to all those silly scenes they randomly choose to throw in between😆 I fully expected Veera to scream and leave as always but the moment i heard Baldev say 'teri beeji ka pyaar;' my heart did a double take😆 I had to make sure am not imagining things😆 Gosh, how intense was that scene? Now these are the kinda things which can make Veera notice Baldev and fall for him..And i loved what Baldev said cos thats totally how i look at things..You don need to know irrelevant and silly things so long as you know stuff which matters..Baldev may not know chai ka recipe but he understands Veera like no other..Realistic and doesn't give stalkerish vibes😆 Sorry Ranvi, i had to say that😆

P.S. How exactly does Vishal manage that expression? That look, his eyes when he said that 'pagal khana' dialogue😲 Vishal does smitten like no other😳

P.S.S. I want Baldev and Veera to go on early morning walks so they can understand each other better..Veera can also reduce weight this way..What say?😉😆

Word! I still can't get over the scene. It was so unexpected that the surprise factor also plays a major role in the novelty of it😆

Exactly! While he should know trivial things, its doesn't matter when he can understand her feelings so well.

Vishal is one of the best actors on Telly. I wouldn't go as far as calling him THE best but among the younger lot, he has tremendous scope😳

P.S.S: So irrelevant😡
GredandForge thumbnail

Originally posted by: ._Pari_.

Good job on the compare and contrast.😊 I agree with you. Ranvi loves Gunjan from when she was younger because she was so sweet and innocent. As an adult, he was blinded by his love which is why it was so surprising for him to realize just how different she had become. Baldev was cruel to Veera during childhood but now he is able to understand and have a deep connection unlike with anyone else because they can relate to each other. Baldev knows what it's like to not feel loved by a parent as does Veera. Ranvi and Baldev are so different and it's interesting to see how they are changing as well as their relationships. 

Thank you :)

Yeah. Often you live with an image in your head that you are blind to any changes. But that relation will also develop in its own right.
You actually observe a lot when you want to hate and that's what happened with Baldev.
Hopefully they'll continue showing things like this.
BittuJi. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Yes I agree with you! Ranvi doesn't love the actual Gunjan, IMHO. He's in love with what he thinks she is. It's common and happens a lot  Ballu is smitten by Veera even tho he doesn't accept it ðŸ˜ˆ He never loved her as a child and she just grew on him recently after he knew the sort of person she actually is  Anyway it's not like he has to be aware or anything, it's in his subconcious and he knows it.. there are things that don't have to be said muahahaha ðŸ˜Ž
rogerrocks thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: GredandForge

Word! I still can't get over the scene. It was so unexpected that the surprise factor also plays a major role in the novelty of it😆

Exactly! While he should know trivial things, its doesn't matter when he can understand her feelings so well.

Vishal is one of the best actors on Telly. I wouldn't go as far as calling him THE best but among the younger lot, he has tremendous scope😳

P.S.S: So irrelevant😡

IKR..Am so glad we dint have any segment on this scene and the precap sorta gave me the impression that the episode is gonna be full of RanJan😆 That scene took me by surprise and i absolutely loved all his dialogues 😳

There is something about the way he looks at her man😲 Whether it was that smitten look during Gunjan's engagement or the chai cup wali scene or that look he gave her yesterday-this dude nails it or what..I instantly ship a couple the moment am convinced about the way they look at each other😆 Its the eyes😳😆

Why is it irrelevant? We can have Baldev wake her up at 4 in the morning..So romantic😳😆

GredandForge thumbnail

Originally posted by: rogerrocks

IKR..Am so glad we dint have any segment on this scene and the precap sorta gave me the impression that the episode is gonna be full of RanJan😆 That scene took me by surprise and i absolutely loved all his dialogues 😳

There is something about the way he looks at her man😲 Whether it was that smitten look during Gunjan's engagement or the chai cup wali scene or that look he gave her yesterday-this dude nails it or what..I instantly ship a couple the moment am convinced about the way they look at each other😆 Its the eyes😳😆

Why is it irrelevant? We can have Baldev wake her up at 4 in the morning..So romantic😳😆

Absolutely! And the last scene also where he was back to his antics and yet there was something more😳

Yes. Ye! YES!! A good actor is one who can say it all with eyes.😳
GredandForge thumbnail

Originally posted by: BittuJi.

Yes I agree with you! Ranvi doesn't love the actual Gunjan, IMHO. He's in love with what he thinks she is. It's common and happens a lot  Ballu is smitten by Veera even tho he doesn't accept it ðŸ˜ˆ He never loved her as a child and she just grew on him recently after he knew the sort of person she actually is  Anyway it's not like he has to be aware or anything, it's in his subconcious and he knows it.. there are things that don't have to be said muahahaha ðŸ˜Ž

True. He still likes her but I guess with all the repentance and everything they'll get together again because RanJan is canon.
Its also that he doesn't recognise it more than acceptance. Once he knows his heart, acceptance shall follow. Whether he'll be reluctant or not is to be seen.
@bold: Yes!